Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Fixers

I think the problem isn't that fixers are broken .. the prolem ist that ao misses something besides combat. Who need good lockpicking if there aren't important locks to pick .. etc. they should further try to implemet more side story elemets and going for quest is one step in the correct direction.
    I stop playing my fixer not because he suck in combat .. more i miss situations that are only handleable by fixers .. i guess that's the same what most agents miss. Something to do beside bashing heads.
    I have no problem to ask my friend the soldier to hole some heads.. if the soldier on the other hand needs me to open locks .. disarm traps ... hack terminals.. sneak by some unbeatable freaks etc.

( Not to mention the giant ip problem all fixers have ! )

On the long way only games with something more deapth than .. bash heads per seconds will survive.

g.
    Xylia

I have read all of this, and I still think that my Traps idea is a good one and one that can be implemented. It may not be a complete solution, but it would be a huge change in the right direction.

If traps were really deadly, summoned nearby MOBs, and destroyed the lootl, then a player would have to max not only B&E, but also perception and disarming to deal with it. Who is going to do that but us Fixers? We would be useful and wanted in groups. You could still have a group without a fixer, of course, but you would have to be much more cautious and you would run the risk of losing some good loot.

Is anyone at FC reading this thread?

I am totally agreeing with the traps and locks idea..one good idea would be alarm traps, that summon/aggro ugly numbers of nearby mobs, and thus make B&E and disarm a MUST for missions....or a trap that, unless found and disarmed, prevents a certain door somewhere in the mission, maybe the door to the room the target is in. Or in some cases, a trap that may destroy the mission objective (assuming it's not an assassination)

I just would like you to see this. Several great ideas I think

ideas for making fixers viable
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

Re: Summoner nanos

Originally posted by ReelBigFish

im sorry dude, but summon ammo is a joke, how much do you cart round with you? i buy in stacks of 50k.
    As I said in my original post, there is nothing amazing about the ability to create items that can be bought (in bulk) at any shop. But, it has sometimes happened that people run out of simple consumables - and being able to create some then and there, rather than having to trek back to a shop would (imho) be a very cool fixer ability. It's not powerful, it's just cool.

It was already said but

- The summon line need to be fix bad... Change it so that when we cast a summon spell, it actually open a shoplike window where we can buy stuff at a higher rate (like 25% more)... make stuff we buy that way permanant.

- Lower the cost of our main nano line... SI/MM/PM or review it so that we use 4 of the nano skill max instead of 6

- Give us the ability to use nano in the grid.... better yet, give us the ability to PvP in the grid. The grid is our realm, we should rule there.

- Fixer shop... in the grid

banks in the grid, shops in the grid

all fixer only please

oh yeah.. and fix us

Originally posted by gimpprof
    to be added:

Major suppressor +100 smg + 40 burst +3 crit increase( self-only)

all warp and team warps. We are supposed to move fast - get stuff and be able to help peeps get places. ( this in itself would totally give fixers a spot in a team - they use speed to get into a hostile area - say a mission - and warp the team there) Now we would have both of the travel skills while other professions have either/or.

[snip]

And If u made our HOTs a team nano - it would justify the massive nano cost and also let us give something back to the team.
    I like these three. Since 14.2 seems to also be the patch of splitting nano lines into self and other buffs, why can't we have our own dual lines? Make that Major Suppressor up there self only with a 5% crit buff, and make an other buff that doesn't have the crit increase. Also make a new line of self run buffs that give a 50% increase (over the current amount, i.e. +600 instead of +400) to runspeed and 100% increase to the evades buff. The damage debuff would be removed from both the self and other lines, as it was stupid to begin with and an unnecessary nerf to our already low damage. For the team HoT, double the HoT heal amount, double the NCU cost to the casting fixer, and make a small NCU cost (5-10) to the recieving players, like engineer area buffs do.

Of course, the nano skill reqs for all of these would be reduced 25% or so.

These may sound like major changes, which they are, but they would only serve to make us somewhat more competent and more wanted in teams.
    Originally posted by Intra
    banks in the grid, shops in the grid

all fixer only please

oh yeah.. and fix us
    *bump*
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Lightbulb Fixers as team players

In a word, buffs.

Yes, the team wants my run buff. No one wants my damage buffs because they are just too NCU-inefficient. At L134, I still use minor suppressor and expertises because I don't have anything else useful - I only need the B&E buffs in non-combat situations (hacking things).

Crats got much more popular when you gave them speeches and better xp buffs. Give fixers some buffs that the team wants - preferably ones that take fewer NCU. I feel guilty soaking up every buff the team can offer and having so little to offer in return.

And for ourselves, make minor suppressor the first in it's line, not the only. Give me something exciting with which to fill my many empty NCUs, please. :-)

save yer breath..no ones home

Sorry guys - but funcom isnt listening to us. They have decided to go in another direction.

My question is to Cosmik in regards to nano-resist. We are supposidly aquiring nano-resist ability. unfortunatly nano-resist is 100% broken and does nothing as of now.

Is funcom gonna give us a new line of nanos that play off a ability still not working or will funcom FIX nano-resist first THEN implement a new line of nanos ??

Hmmmmm....release dates for AO xpack and SWG in...November. Seems like a coincidence. Not.

{Removed by Cz due to swearing.}
    Last edited by Cz; Mar 23rd, 2004 at 21:35:09.

.. sorry get angry.. cause some comments yesterday...

I don't ask to nerf other classes .. and i don't want the uniqueness of other classes !!!!!!!!!!!!..

i want

... ahh who cares.

Sodom

Just remember, this game is still changing and being fixed. They are making "black-market" areas that only Fixers can go to, they are redoing the grid, making it more useful, they will probably make traps more lethal, they will tweak and fix the rooting nanos for the fixer, THEY WILL FIX THE FIXERS.

Just give it time.

Originally posted by Chiablo
    Just remember, this game is still changing and being fixed. They are making "black-market" areas that only Fixers can go to, they are redoing the grid, making it more useful, they will probably make traps more lethal, they will tweak and fix the rooting nanos for the fixer, THEY WILL FIX THE FIXERS.

Just give it time.
    Hmmm...

You don't play a fixer, do you? We HAVE given it time. From what I hear, Funcom said fixers need fixing way back in November, and what have they done? Given us cluster bullets, a fixer/agent shop, and an agent patch. Even though Fixers were supposed to get love first.

You're right, they will fix fixers. In 18.0.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Originally posted by Chiablo

Just give it time.
    no, the black market is still envisioned.. which means it is not yet in progress. we have a sticky thread with alot of good ideas for it without dev feedback. all we know about the black market we have written ourselves.. so we cant be sure that it will be fixer only.
    yes, they are going to make a new grid... its a nice addition... wont fix the fixers though .. we have 6 dark blue nano skills and the nanos that we spend that hard earned ip in is are not useful enough.

"they will probably make traps more lethal"
    probably... meaning players have suggested it and you like the idea. there has been no word from funcom on this because fixers only get told things like they are going to add insane requirements to grid armour that is going to use 3 out of our 6 dark blue nano skills to wear.

"they will tweak and root the nanos for a fixer"
    oh joy!
    they will tweak what we have without adding something to us.
    I very rarely use roots.. my snares are much better.
    and when you have real crowd controler in your team then roots are pretty useless.
    oh joy, they will tweak something without giving us additions

take a look at the crat proffession. take away the mez, the area roots, the nukes, the pet, the sympathetic buffs that make them more desirable in teams... add a run buff and an evac and you have the fixer.

they take all that from the crat proffession, call it a fixer and then realise that he wont be able to kill anything so give him nanos to run away with

"THEY WILL FIX THE FIXERS.

Just give it time."

last november fixers were told they were next up for being fixed.
    because we need it... the fixers patiently waited and watched the other classes get better while we remained gimped

then they introduced the grid armour nerf and all hell broke loose, as they are taking away the one useful thing they have given us.
    fixers need to be fixed.. ask any proffession. I think the only proffession a fixer would be happy to be fixed after is the advent.
    everyone else can wait
    its time to fix the fixers

Unhappy

Agreed..However I'm beginning to see FC's problem with giving us what we want.

What do we want?

I've been reading this forum a lot lately, garnering ideas and supplying my own. And yet still, I rarely ever see two people agree on what we want.

Some people see us as the black market, getting and selling items otherwise unavaiable. Cool.

Some see us as the master summoners, somewhat tied to the last idea, in getting armor, nanos, the Grid armor, etc. I like this.

Some see us as the master movers/demovers. Fast fast fast..run buffs, evade, grid armors...we don't tank, cause we don't need to..we can't be hit. Awesome. If it worked. Slow slow slow..so slow the enemy can't move. Great..if the agents and such root and snare the bewhatsis outta us.

Some see us as a damage class, and demand we get firepower equal to soldiers. Um...no. I like my damage where it is..OK so in Pvp we could use some help, but massive guns are not the way. Least I think.

To others, we are the master hackers..we ARE the Grid..opening sealed items, messing up peacekeeper droids, creating new weapons, using items other people were meant to have, etc...be nice, if tradeskills weren't such a waste of my very limited IP.

OK so I ask ya..what are we?

When we can all come to a head on that..THEN we can come to FC and present our ideas...personally, I think they're as lost on what we want as we are.
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

Can't we have all of the above?

I'm pretty sure you can find 2 players that agree that the summonline is a joke, something for the smurfs to play with while they're shouting LFG.

I'm cool with doing less damage than Soldiers and Enforcers, and I think most of the players playing fixers are. However, being the worst at dealing damage is not OK.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Yes and no...See I diasgree on ONE point..Grid armor..this is an item that sets us apart and works great, well, did until 14.2 keeps us from wearing it. This makes summoning worthwhile...thought honestly if I were FunCom, I'd change this, make it avaiable only at Fixer shops or something, and be an item not a nano. Take the MC req off it, heck if they want just make it a bit outrageous in price, like the ICC cloaks but worse..maybe add a stat req or level req for them.

The lesser damage I am cool with..OK so I can't solo much but screw that team missions are doing 1.5 levels/mission right now..takes me like 10 solo missions to get the same XP, and hunting? pfffft

the grid/speed stuff is cool..take MC needs from us and we can concentrate on TS, MM, and maybe PM. Drop the HoTs nearly entirely, and we need BioMet for nothing. SI reqs for the spells that use it are fairly low, should be OK there..[yeah I know the HoTs can be useful, in missions they've saved my butt already by "eating" damage as I recieve it, but I know that ain't gonna stay long]

lower the color for nanos for us just a weeeeeeeeency bit. I'd rather they made perception and NP and a couple of the tradeskills cyan, and lightened the blue on those nanos.

My point was though is I don't see too too much cohesion on HOW we want Funcom to fix us..I mean, can we all agree on the above points? [I know I'm asking for in on GA but hey gotta try I love the idea]
    Last edited by Kasimir; May 1st, 2002 at 00:50:29.
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

I have only read of fixers wanting to be fixers.
    we all read a description of the fixer and descided that is what we wnated to be.

the people who live on the edge of the law dealing in info and items: the black market

the guys who wield SMGs: give us more in the minor suppressor range

The people who travel using our unique nanos: give us the best travel nanos and stop giving away our grid nanos

the computer hackers and thugs: make B&E more worthwhile, make trap disarmament worth the ip spent in it by making traps deadly, allow us to hack more useful items. make our hacking nanos (read summon nano), more like stealing rather than renting and generally increase its usefulness. as it is no one want to summon an item because with our nano skills we cannot summon items of a ql that we would want to use

everyone agrees that our nanos being dark blue are insane. if you dont have useful weapons you should at least have useful nanos.
    an enforcer has dark blue nanos because they are tanks
    we are neither damage dealers or takers and so they should at least give us good nano skills to help us get xp

I think I probably missed some issues

but on a personal note:
    I love my evades, I think evades are something that the fixer has going for them.
    I think that this should be focused more on by funcom.
    I would gladly have very little damage (as we currently have) if I wasnt getting hit while doing it.
    fights may go on for ages, meaning we are dificult to hit but find it difficult to do damage.
    but that would make us a great support proffession, would make us even better pullers.
    they could focus more on our ability not to get hit and give us nanos that support a team.

anyway...

Exclamation Hack Nano Formula - idea

Salanth's post regarding the Hack Nano Formula idea is the best ive seen! Personally i coudnt agree more, when it comes down to nanos i feel like nothing more than a run buff!

" allow us to hack our formulas
    to lower the skill requirements. Maybe a new fixer nano 'Hack
    Nano Formula'. When it's running, the skill requirements for all
    nanos go down.

Better yet - allow us to cast our Hack Nano Formula on others.
    Then fixers get a reverse of the MP masteries, and all of a sudden
    we have a purpose in life other than just run buffs! "

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast