Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A open letter to Clan and Omni

Biggreen ponders, considers mentioning the fact that Neutrals have 2 lovely cities as a direct result of the struggle for freedom by the Clans

Nah forget it. We Clans are just mean to Neuts.

By the way: You're welcome.
    Last edited by BigGreen; Apr 14th, 2003 at 21:49:50.
    BigGreen
    Advisor of Rising Phoenix
    www.risingphoenix.org

current setup

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    If you ask me, were a true faction system installed into the AO we know and one's action had accountability...
    ((One thing EQ had going for it was Dynamic Faction. I would love to see it in place in AO. All those missions with human mobs would now actualy mean something.))
    Last edited by Bliqz; Apr 15th, 2003 at 15:37:13.
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

I just want to say, ironically action wise the clans have been more evil than Omni-Tek. The only reason we're fighting for a large majority of the player base is that they show up on the "tab" key in pvp. There were attempts to impart some meaning into all this but without any means to make it stick (GM help) many alliances and could-have-beens have since fallen apart.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Well, Sumo like I said. My guild has been raiding a lot lately. If you want in send me a tell. Your still my mofo

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Greetings,

I don't even know why I bother to post since it seems everyone goes off on a tangent hehe. The only response to my simple request was the first post from that Omni gal from div 9, weak as it may be it was a honest reply. I don't like responding on forum due to I like answering online but due I am offworld most of the time now I will respond to some comments.

To Viray: You talked to much in EO and you now talk to much in clan. If I cannot put a conflict behind me that is say 2 or 3 monthes old what of you? You are fighting a conflict that is over a hundred years old. A conflict that until recently never concerned you. When you was a neutral did you not have freedom? Was being a neutral so bad? Or the clan propganda machine better then the omnis?

To Cellestron: Who the heck are you anyway? Oh well let me answer some points you made. EO is in conflict with Black Dawn Syndicate due to when Synergy Factor destroyed EOs base BDS helped and took the spot over. Our diplomat entered talks in order to work out a arangement. Your org stated they would keep the land due to we are not clan friendly,when it was proven by logs that EO only counter attacked clan orgs (this is prior turning full mercs mind ya) you said turning over the land was not going to happen and you would help us take land from Omni. Which of course we refused. *Sigh* same deal the Lions Den Goons when they took the Mort Spot from EO. Now for threatening Monlight I admit I did. I only threatened people who give me good reason such as DrTiny for being a bigmouth and Miester cause well cause he is Miester. For Monlight I asked her why she joined clan (BDS) and she said it was to "change the clans from within". When I asked her if she would kill neutrals who teamed with, buffed her and chatted with her if we ever planned in retaking the TLR she responed she is a clanner foremost. I thought to myself so much for changing from within whereby I berated her with bodily harm if she as much touched any of my org members. As for killing ya in your Yalm sorry dont know about that please message me on the circumstances if was a gank I will see to full restitution or apology if the circumstances warrent it.

To Biggreen: Thanks a bunch for "allowing" us a place to live, now thank the frigging Omnis fer the air you breath. thankyou very much.

To Fixerben: Thankyou for the invite and will accept as long it does not involve pvp. But this post was not about me I get invites from Omnis but the gesture is genuine and I thankyou.

Weither clan or omnis see us as a faction or indivduel entities does not matter. If you ask many peeps what a neutral is you will get many answers. In fact even neutrals can't agree on it. All I asked is what orgs are neut friendly.

Sincerely, Sumokan of Elite Operations

P.S.
    OOC: Have RL issues that I must attend, miss the neut community and take care.
    IC: Ya even some of ya Omni and Clan haters
    Last edited by Morena; Apr 15th, 2003 at 15:30:30.

I've seen this thread and the things you want Clans to do to prove we are friendly. Might I ask what YOU have done to prove you were friendly to Whisper's Edge? Our guild laws clearly show we mean you no harm...and yet you want more. I have argued on behalf of Neutrals in Clan leader channel. Sometimes to effect, sometimes not. I won't however commit my familiy to fight against their Clan brother's and sisters no matter how misguided their actions might be.

Where have your efforts been to get back the land that Whisper's Edge lost to Omni? You want us to argue to get YOUR land back. Where is the return favor? When you first lost your land I did in fact argue on your behalf for a time. I don't recall you being vocal on OUR behalf.

As far as making raids, what does that have to do with anything? Whisper's Edge doesn't concern ourselves too much with that sort of thing. Is it your greed showing that makes you want to be included? What about banding together with other neutral organizations to do those things?

All I see here are demands to be treated like you were another Clan. If that is what you want, join the Clans en mass and you'll might get these things.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    Where have your efforts been to get back the land that Whisper's Edge lost to Omni? You want us to argue to get YOUR land back. Where is the return favor? When you first lost your land I did in fact argue on your behalf for a time. I don't recall you being vocal on OUR behalf.
    Unlike Clan vs. Omni, neutrals are not in a state of war with the Clans (nor Omni). Attacking our bases is a crime of war, the Clans are harboring war criminals.

Now, can you explain where it says that Omni waging war on your guild is a crime, can you point to where it says that Omni and Clan is in a state of peace and that any attack by Omni on any Clan base, town, settlement, person, etc, is a crime?

YOU chose a side, YOU chose to be part of the war. *I*, as NEUTRAL, was NOT part of it until criminals of YOUR faction dragged me into it. Now Im exercising MY RIGHT to self defence and Im being harassed for it like *I* am the criminal.

Clan and Omni are in a state of war, neutrals are by default NOT.

/J
    Wasted time: 220, 220, 213, 211, 191, 187, 182, 175, 140, 94, 60, 55, 52, 31, 25
    Big bad neutral addict

The ICC deregulated mining for all. ANYONE attacking an originally claimed plot of land was a criminal....so...once again, where was Elite Operation cry of foul then? Neutrals by default, are swept up in war just as they always have been.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

To Viray: You talked to much in EO and you now talk to much in clan. If I cannot put a conflict behind me that is say 2 or 3 monthes old what of you? You are fighting a conflict that is over a hundred years old. A conflict that until recently never concerned you. When you was a neutral did you not have freedom? Was being a neutral so bad? Or the clan propganda machine better then the omnis?
    I talked in EO but was never heard. What has come from any of the talking in EO from anyone? Nothing, but more of the same.

The conflict I am fighting for has yet to be resolved, the conflict EO has is an ongoing torch carried by a select few that have taken things personal and had their pride hurt. Most of EO doesn't even remember the tower at TLR or Mort, most of them don't even really know what EO is or what it stands for... I thought at one time I knew what it meant, but what you learn in EA does change swiftly in EO... I called you friends and commrades... still would. Your honorable mercs even if you have a chirop on your backs, and possibly the most outrageous views of what "Neutral Friendly" is...

As far as the conflict that "until now" never concerned me while this is true any person can watch a fight going on around them, but the stronger person helps end it for the good of all those involved. As a Neutral I couldn't really do anything about it... but in the end I knew I wanted too and to do so you have to pick a side to lay your weapons with.

I left EO for many reasons. I joined the Clans for many reasons, Propoganda be damned. You can believe what you wish, but I talked to you and others in private about why I left there should be no secrets there... I heard the reasons why I should come back, but it was all soft whispers and more half-promises that would never see light of day...

Being a Neutral means being a side line character. It is not freedom nor is it imprisonment. It is simply walking Rubi-ka, for your own private purpose to whatever private end you hope to achieve, but is that truly Freedom? You have no leaders to speak of, you have no rights, you are not a faction... just freelance people in a forgotten set of towns.

As far as firing on Neutrals... I posted Whisper's Edge Code of Ethics law #3... we don't attack unless attacked. I have no ill will or bad temperment that would make me fire upon any Neutrals, nor would I support those amongst the Clans who do.

Those that openly attack indiscriminately amongst the Clans get none of my time, respect, or assistance. I recognize there is a probelm with the Clans, but I am making a difference the only way I know how.
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

Unlike Clan vs. Omni, neutrals are not in a state of war with the Clans (nor Omni). Attacking our bases is a crime of war, the Clans are harboring war criminals.

Now, can you explain where it says that Omni waging war on your guild is a crime, can you point to where it says that Omni and Clan is in a state of peace and that any attack by Omni on any Clan base, town, settlement, person, etc, is a crime?

YOU chose a side, YOU chose to be part of the war. *I*, as NEUTRAL, was NOT part of it until criminals of YOUR faction dragged me into it. Now Im exercising MY RIGHT to self defence and Im being harassed for it like *I* am the criminal.

/J

I think the biggest lesson you have yet to learn is that Neutrality is not a blanket cover of security.

You put up something you better be well know that in an environment of deregulation and no set policing you are going to have to defend it. By erecting that very Tower you announced you were ready to defend it by any means nesscessary.

Granted the odds were not in your favor, and that those involved had to resort to gathering many more than their own numbers to defeat you, but in the end that is how it is.

Being Neutral does not mean you are safe. It simply means in the grand scheme of the Omni-Tek vs. Clan conflict... you don't matter.

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

Listen to Vixentrox, she is one of the most pro neutral clan leaders. But how is she treated? with hostility and su****ion. Is it any wonder other groups are activly anti-'neutral'?
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Originally posted by Jereziah
    I concure to this statement. However, considering the clan/Omni-Tek war is, in part, about land, neutrals choose to enter the clan/Omni war when they claim land. Therefore, EO assumes the same guilt as any clan or Omni-Tek person/organization.

Originally posted by Jereziah

There are up to 3 wars going on right now. Whether you choose to acknowledge the "extra" wars is another story.

The 3 Wars are:

Omni-Tek vs. Clan
    The Notum Wars
    Planet vs. Notum Miners.

War 1:
    The neutrals are fence sitters in the Omni-Tek vs. Clan war. So by default, they are not involved in it.

War 2:
    In the Notum Wars, ANYONE who owns a tower is in the war whether they like it or not. This war has no sides. Neuts attack Neuts, Clans attack Clans and Omni attacks Omni. They also obviously attack the other "sides" from the Omni-Tek-Clan war.

War 3:
    This war is the BORPAC vs. Everyone else. You may or may not choose to view this as a "war", but thats what it is. BORPAC basically attacks anyone with a tower.

So whether you like it or not, NEUTRALS are now part of the war.

Greetings,

By Vixantrox:
    ==============================================
    ==============================================
    To Vixentrox: Who the heck are you? J/K I spoke to you I think only once and I remember very clearly the circumstances. You called for help at the base at CAV when we had a CAV base right next to you. I had on that rare occasion three teams of EO members ready to go to your aid. I halted the operation due to I found out who you was fighting. I made a non agression with your attackers and I knew some of your attackers as well. I did what a neutral was suppose to do a sat it out and all of the EO members agreed that we cannot fight friends we knew to help a friend of friend (Nealandbob). I am sympathetic of your lost land and wish you and yours the best. I do not treat you with disrespect and commend your actions on being neut friendly. We in EO are xenophobic even among our fellow neuts and I do not know of your work among neutrals. I think you are misreading my statement. I did not make demands but suggestions. I was speaking in general and not for myself. In the interests of EO/Clan relations I would gladly parley in person to resolve any issues in the past.

To DrTiny: Unfortunalty, I do know you.

To Viray: I do not understand the unresloved conflict. EO conflict is unresolved as well and this concerns me more then does the Omni/Clan conflict. If you want to change clan from within I commend you. I do not however remember having a conflict with Whispers Edge.

All neut orgs (EO included) I admit was totaly naive of PvP and NW. Most of us that built did not know we would be entering a "war" parsey, at the most we thought we would fight one org at a time. Not a conglamertion of orgs. Most of us thought that our neutral status would help curb the attacks. In fact glancing at most clan org mission statements they have a neutral friendly clause. Unfortunalty the clause went out the door at NW.

Again I only ask for who are the neut friendly orgs, a simple yes or no will suffice. (This is like pulling teeth lol)

Sincerely, Sumokan of Elite Operations
    Last edited by Morena; Apr 16th, 2003 at 14:27:28.

Originally posted by Sumokan
    In the interests of EO/Clan relations I would gladly parley in person to resolve any issues in the past.

you could perhaps get rid of the anti-clan mercs you hired. why should a clan be friendly to EO when they hired mercs to gun them down?
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Most of us thought that our neutral status would help curb the attacks. In fact glancing at most clan org mission statements they have a neutral friendly clause. Unfortunalty the clause went out the door at NW.
    EO acts like clan/Omni and expects everyone to treat them neutral. If you don't act neutral then how do you expect us to treat you neutral?

Again I only ask for who are the neut friendly orgs, a simple yes or no will suffice. (This is like pulling teeth lol)
    Neutral organizations have no stance in the conflict. Therefore, LI has no stance for or against neutral organizations. We treat neutral organizations as they treat us, in other words.

Your "suggestions" for Neutral Friendly Org. status amongst the Clans or Omni-Tek are unacceptable.

Rule #3 of the Whisper's Edge Code of Conduct is about as Neutral friendly as you are going to get.

As for the EO Conflict... it is over. There is nothing the Clans that attacked you will do to compensate, and returning you land is something they will not do.

So when will you put this conflict behind you? When is it over?

Carry your banner and carry your pride, but don't do so in the face of further humility.

Viray's Taxi Co.

- Savoy

I wonder why you didn't fill out that clan application sooner, Viray. How unhappy you must have been, being the clanner in neutral's clothing for so long. No wonder you still dont get it; even having seen the war crimes clan comitted you still live in a fog.

If you advocate letting people step all over you and turn other other cheek, then it is certainly good that you left EO.

But I digress... It would be nice if more guild representatives would answer Sumo's question in his original letter. I was also wondering myself which guilds take a neutral-friendly stance.

Originally posted by Dr Tiny

you could perhaps get rid of the anti-clan mercs you hired. why should a clan be friendly to EO when they hired mercs to gun them down?
    Sorry Tiny, I love your radio show, but I can't disagree with you more on this point. I think I can safely say that once Clan succeeds as a faction to rid Tir of the neutral murdering Sentinels, then we can talk about the NLC mercs.

Originally posted by Cemetarygate

EO acts like clan/Omni and expects everyone to treat them neutral. If you don't act neutral then how do you expect us to treat you neutral?
    Read Sumo's letter again. He only wants to know which Omni and clan guilds have a neutral-friendly policy, not "who is friendly with EO and who is not". That's a different thread.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast