Thread: Bugs and a few workarounds.

Post Bugs and a few workarounds.

Here are several bugs I've encountered playing AO and a few workarounds:

1.) Bug (since 13.0): Can't use health boost kits or nano boost kits.
    Occurance: Frequently after combat, usually after manually reloading a weapon.
    Workaround: Switch to the 3rd person view (F8), then use the mouse pointer to target your character. Usually this fixes the problem (until the next combat). Using F1 to select yourself does not work.

2.) Bug (maybe): Using 'nano finger of strength reduction' affected self but not MOB.
    Occurance: During combat, targeted MOB, used finger --> lowered my character's stat! Ouch. Tried a couple of times with same result.
    Workaround: Don't know of any

3.) Bug: Tried using 'shift + left click' to view a MOB in a mission (not in combat) --> my character immediately died and was teleported back to Reclaim Terminal. Ouch!
    Workaround: Don't do that!

4.) Bug: Attacking MOB results in 'Take it easy ...' message.
    Occurance: Seen this one on several posts.
    Workaround: Zoning out of the area then back in caused this to stop (at least for me and one other player I know).

5.) Bug: Can't stack/combine ammo.
    Occurance: Have 4-5 slots taken up by energy ammo in Inventory, but can't seem to stack them up into a single combined stack. This wastes a lot of limited Inventory space.
    Workaround: Placing the ammo into a Bank (or backpack), then back into Inventory would sometimes allow me to combine the ammo by simply drag-n-droping them onto the same location (but not consistently). Is there a keyboard command that is supposed to do this?

Anybody have any other bug workarounds? If so, please speak up!!

Unhappy Oops

I guess this should have been posted in the 'Gameplay Bugs' forum. Sorry about that!

Cz (or other admin) can you please move it.

bugs...

1.) Bug (since 13.0): Can't use health boost kits or nano boost kits.
    Occurance: Frequently after combat, usually after manually reloading a weapon.
    Workaround: Switch to the 3rd person view (F8), then use the mouse pointer to target your character. Usually this fixes the problem (until the next combat). Using F1 to select yourself does not work.

...sometimees targetting the door then myself again (without going to 3rd person) helps. When that doesn't stand sit stand sit while slamming cancel key (ie. cancelling target) a few times. This ****s me midcombat cause health stims wont work. Hitting escapes kills you attack as well as targetting so gives mobs few more extra hits on you ;-/

2.) Bug (maybe): Using 'nano finger of strength reduction' affected self but not MOB.
    Occurance: During combat, targeted MOB, used finger --> lowered my character's stat! Ouch. Tried a couple of times with same result.
    Workaround: Don't know of any

...noticed this wayyyyyyyyyyyy back and is the reason why I just sell these things instead of tryign to use them.

3.) Bug: Tried using 'shift + left click' to view a MOB in a mission (not in combat) --> my character immediately died and was teleported back to Reclaim Terminal. Ouch!
    Workaround: Don't do that!

...ta didn't notice this.

4.) Bug: Attacking MOB results in 'Take it easy ...' message.
    Occurance: Seen this one on several posts.
    Workaround: Zoning out of the area then back in caused this to stop (at least for me and one other player I know).

...same here. zoning fixces this. this was *supposed* to be fixed a few patches back. Seems it has been reintroduced. Same with rediculous mob AC, MOB attack speed, and a few other things.

5.) Bug: Can't stack/combine ammo.
    Occurance: Have 4-5 slots taken up by energy ammo in Inventory, but can't seem to stack them up into a single combined stack. This wastes a lot of limited Inventory space.
    Workaround: Placing the ammo into a Bank (or backpack), then back into Inventory would sometimes allow me to combine the ammo by simply drag-n-droping them onto the same location (but not consistently). Is there a keyboard command that is supposed to do this?

....aye. putting the extra ammo into a backpack, then left clicking it to hold it, place it in the inventory ONTO another object in your main inventory (ie. effectively swapping what you are holding) sometimes automatically stacks ammo/health stims etc.

....6.) Sometimes you just don't attack during fighting. Jumping sometimes resolves this.
    Yet another one that was supposedly fixed a few patches back but somehow has been reintroduced.