Thread: "Starting attack failed.."

Question "Starting attack failed.."

I get that message a lot when I am out hunting...

It started after the 13.0 patch and it seems simmilar to the "Take it Easy" message.

It occurs when I fight in teams and have 4-5 MOB's attacking at once and I press the "Q" to attack.. it works fine, the mob dies, THEN I get 7-8 messages on my screen saying "Starting attack failed" I have not done anything after I first pressed "Q" to attack the first time... If I select a new target and press "Q" again, it usually works after I see the message a couple of times and my char starts to attack. I am a lvl 30 MA on Rubi-Ka 2.

Has anyone else experienced this, or perhaps know what causes it?
    Elements of Destruction

[Virre lvl 164 Enf ] [Virrefix lvl 50 Fixer] - Part Time Hobby -

[Current Config]

Your answers were split as follows:
    Explorer 66%
    Killer 53%
    Socializer 46%
    Achiever 33%

We Will Miss You Wrangeline

Angry New phrase...same old bug

Yes...same as the "take it easy" bug -- mechanically.
    Cleared it by targetting a member of my team...attempting to attack...then targetting the mob and it was fixed.
    General Glenn "Barzillai" Craddock
    Founder & Co-President
    Division 9 RSGE
    ::Serving Omni-Tek::

I just had a strange experience too. single player mission. no mob in room just a chest. I open chest and its a bomb.
    Chat window says "A rollerrat awakes!" There is now a "frightened rollerrat" walking around in the room. I try to attack and get: "You cannot attack your pet! Starting attack failed"
    I then tried a few pet commands but got no response from the mob
    2 rooms further I got the exact same story with a chest...
    Could not attack the rats and they didnt attack me either. If this is supposed to be a new feature I'd like to now what the idea was when they put that in.

Val
    Xandro, neutral bureaucract