Thread: Instacasting and chain casting.

Instacasting and chain casting.

What i really hate is mobs that get the effect of the nano's BEFORE they have completed the casting time. This needs to be fixed ASAP. The same with chain casting. Its still there, and FC even told us its not fixed. Well, this is a serious bug! Needs to be fixed.

Priorities FC... Please?
    Cyrus "Othar" Peak

"The Honored Guard, Serving with Pride, Prejudice and Patience." - Justsabi

Alamut

"My body is my Temple."

*bump*

Quite a big problem.
    ~Lone

Thumbs down ...

My theory is that the chaincasting changes were *intentional*, and that they are hoping to slide it by us while we complain about other things... already the number of complaints about the chaincasting are dropping off, so I think their plan is succeeding.
    I would love to be proven wrong, but without a more specific comment from Cz or Cosmik than "looking in to tweaking it" (see message in Funcom Talks About), I'm not holding out much hope.

This bug has smacked me around before, now it's doing it again. the Instanukes hurt like a b&^%$ and the d@mn chain casting is retarded. Ex: get in a fight with an mp mob, by the time the fight is over, 4 of my nano skills have been unmade and I've got a init debuff running as well. How is this supposed to be fair? FIX IT!

At the moment, my best single heal takes 3.xx secs to cast (actually between 1.xx and 2 secs with my nano init and depending where my def/aggro slider is) and takes 3.56 secs to recharge.

Just yesterday, when soloing an Exterminator (1 notch above yellow to me) in a mission - during the same space of time of a heal and recharge - it insta-chain-casted three 700+ dmg nukes and popped three 100 dmg pistol shots. And because of the not-so-wonderful wide minimum-maximum range, I only managed to single heal 350 (instead of max 685). And I can't fire while healing, so I only managed two rifle shots and a fling (ranging between 200+ and 600+). Needless to say, I didn't wait for 1st aid to cycle, I zoned out because my HP dropped by a tonne during the time the NPC was blasting me.

FC, please listen to your players. Insta-casting, chain-casting and the superfast gun firing rate of the NPCs are mission hell. Sure we like some challenge but not to the level that makes the game frustrating instead of FUN.

Adding another example, to show how bad and ridiculous the situation is:
    During a fight with NPC meta (1 notch below yellow to me), he insta-chain-casted 4 Unmakes on me - 1 Unmake biomet, 1 Unmake psymod, 2 Unmake mattcreate (yes, 2 showed up on NCU) - in the same space of time my gun was reloading! These debuffs should take 3.42s, 3.46s, 3.50s x2 to cast, fractions shorter when nano init is factored. Btw, my gun takes 2.50s to reload =/

These NPCs on steroids or what?
    Last edited by Inocybe; Feb 20th, 2002 at 12:40:29.
    Ino
    rolling leet, crouching tiger, hidden dragon

Pioneer rifle/crossbow Vanguard with a personal sidearm and a campstove
    Atlantean

AO Adventurer Professional (2003-2004)

Map design suggestion for mapmakers

yes, the chain casting mobs since the last patch totally suck.

please revert them!!!

The mobs are exploiting.

I just got killed by a 3K nuke from an NT mob.

Super unfair. I don't even know that the mobs is casting a nuke coz his pistol was hitting me all the time!

We can't shoot while we cast NFs, but the mobs can! It's so unfair.

Tot such big nukes are supposed to be out (for mobs) too ?

I have mailed support about this, and got a reply that i should bring it to the forum. Since i already did, i feel the need to keep this alive.
    This is a serious problem FC. Please put some effort into fixing it.

Bump!
    Cyrus "Othar" Peak

"The Honored Guard, Serving with Pride, Prejudice and Patience." - Justsabi

Alamut

"My body is my Temple."

talk about pushing us to over-equip... there's no way you could take these new bad-boys on if you weren't over-equipped.

i just wonder why they did it, and why more people aren't noticing it...

chain casting observations

The problem is still extant in 13.7, although 13.7 did show an improvement over 13.6.

I spend my time in missions instead of hunting outdoors, so I don't know what the outdoor behavior is, but in missions I find the following to be true:

If anyone is chain casting in a mission everyone is, it is as if there is a set chaincasting on attribute for the mission area.

Chaincasting can occur in any type of mission level and any location.

The chaincasting on attribute is not an integral part of the mission generation, as say the treasure in the chests is. I was in a mission where the server for the mission zone crashed twice, giving me three partial to complete runs through the same area. In the first run no chaincasting, in the second run chaincasting, then in the third run no chaincasting again. In each case the treasure in the chests and the type and level of the mobs was exactly the same. The treasure on the mobs when they were killed did vary.

The bug is not a huge problem for me in most cases. No matter how many roots or run debuffs or such they cast the effect is basically the same, the only big issue is when they use direct damage nanos, mostly traders and NTs.

- Tboo

i was at aces with my trader and i saw the bothacker beginning to cast last word on me.. so i zoned.. then after that i zoned back out and .... BOOM i got hit for 8k.. while she was shooting at my other teammates.

It wouldn't be so bad, expect for the NTs and Traders. If there are either of these in a mission, I'm almost tempt to delete it. Even worse, if I come across two in a room, you can forget it. Every time I see an NT that's at least green to me, the sweat beads start to form on my forehead.

This needs to be fixed. MAs and their healing is just plain annoying.
    ~Rwarmage
    ---------------
    "Defying authority at a place near you."
    Rwarmage - RK-1 Level 169 Omni Fixer

Two things need to happen.

1. Removal of mega "one-shot-kill" nukes (Like Izzy's Last Word)
    [This is due to happen in 13.8]

2. All mobs should have Inits that are comparable to players (I suggest that you halve that at the same time your halving their AC's)
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

Post bump ...

Is this problem even acknowledged at all?
    Ino
    rolling leet, crouching tiger, hidden dragon

Pioneer rifle/crossbow Vanguard with a personal sidearm and a campstove
    Atlantean

AO Adventurer Professional (2003-2004)

Map design suggestion for mapmakers

Angry how i fixed chain casting

Last night tried a mission as soon as I loged on had a NT 2 rooms away in the mission look at me didn't move hands didn't shoot JUST LOOKED AT ME and the bam recliam, I scolled up my chat window you were attacked by nano bot's for 2349 poision dmg ok, I had 3k+ hp's. It get's worse I scanned before I loged the last time I was on and scaned soon as I loged on guess what I lost 1 mil exp.

I know what some of you are going to say, as did my friends last night send a petit, nope I'm not this is the best way to fix my problem.

registration 2001-08-01 16:25:41
    Subscription status ACTIVE, CANCELLED 2002-02-28 (playable until 2002-02-28)
    Next transaction N/A
    Buddy subscriptions 0
    Buddies in trial period 0

Personal Information
    Username xenomorph
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!