Thread: Discuss: 13.8 General bug fixes and changes (updated Tuesday 19th)

Post Discuss: 13.8 General bug fixes and changes

• You will now be able to apply implants when wearing social armour.
    • You will now receive feedback when trying to use Brawl and Dimach before the recharge time has expired
    • A bug with closing lockpicked chests has been fixed.
    • Some mission descriptions were missing locations. This has now been fixed.
    • Your faction will not appear as monster in the character creation any more.
    • You will no longer hear your own footsteps while flying with Quantum Wings.
    • Added new background bitmaps in the launcher. (Added Tuesday 19th) NOTE: This means that if you are using a different skin on your launcher now, it will be overwritten. If you would like to keep it, please make a backup.

Added Tuesday 19th:
    • Fixed a graphic bug that caused models to become distorted when using continuing level of detail.

Talking Remove social armor restrictions today !!!!

Since you mentioned issues related to social armor, I felt obligated to bring this issue to your attention.

Why oh why can I not wear social armor with other social clothing? And why is it called social armor anyway -- its not armor? What is your intent here -- I can't figure it out?

I asked a GM once about this issue. He told me that there are some social armor types that go in the back slot that are so powerfull that they do not want it worn with regular armor. I have never seen that type of armor. And why is this restriction applied to dresses and swimsuits?

It seems incredibly restrictive that I have to remove all of my clothing to wear a swimsuit, including boots, eyewear, and bracers.

Please resconsider how this issue is being addressed. I would like to suggest one of the two alternatives:
    - Restrict the use of social armor with other armor .. but allow it to be matched with social clothing.
    - Restrict the user of social armor with clothing or armor worn in the chest or legs slot.

I hope you take this post seriously .. its the little things, you know?

- Szentasha / Unity of the Rose
    http://www.darksphere.com/uor

Re: Discuss: 13.8 General bug fixes and changes

Nevermind, I misread this..

Arrow Battlesuits

The only type I've come across so far is the Battlesuit. This is a single 'power-armour' type affair, so being unable to wear other armour is ok. Having to take off rings and bracers also... Why???

Grid Armor is social armor.

Wearing grid armor with regular armor would be RIDICULOUSLY overpowering for us fixers, I even admit it.

BUT, I agree, I want to wear CLOTHES with my grid armor, not other armor.

Can you fix this FC?

Another Bug

I was told by an ARK that the BattleSuit Grid bug would be fixed this patch. Is this true? Will you be able to grid without crashing while wearing a battlesuit after 13.8?

Thanks,
    Joe

OH!

Can we also make it so our inventory doesn't get scrambled after buying something in a shop and then zoning?

This has got to be *the most* annoying thing in the game right now -- having to re-organize your entire inventory whenever you buy something new, then zone.

It doesn't do this when I add new items to my inventory by looting mobs, getting stuff from the bank, or trading with other characters. Only seems to happen after buying something from a store and zoning.

*SO* annoying!

But good job on the rest of the bug fixes

--Tsk

There is something missing...

I've petitioned about this a while back, and a GM told me it would be fixed *next patch* That was *before* 13.6 - 13.7 came - no fix - now here is 13.8 still no fix...

What I'm missing is:

Missions above QL 200 will now have a greater variety of rewards (FYI: all you get as rewards in Missions above QL 200 is some Rifle and Anima of Pure Malevolence Nano) - the only thing worth it is the pickup (in pickup missions).
    Even if most of the rewards were *only* QL 200 it would still be a major improvement.
    Thanks.

Talking Re: Discuss: 13.8 General bug fixes and changes

Originally posted by Cz

Added Tuesday 19th:
    • Fixed a graphic bug that caused models to become distorted when using continuing level of detail.
    Is this goodbye to the 2-D MOB? :-)

Re: Discuss: 13.8 General bug fixes and changes

Originally posted by Cz
    • You will no longer hear your own footsteps while flying with Quantum Wings.
      [/i]

Hmm, will this fix the footsteps with Calia's parrot, too?
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

ARGH!

i was caught by the battle suit grid crash! good work notifying us of this lethal bug that makes it impossible to play the game!!! in case you cant tell i was being sarcastic. you suck. fix this goddamn bug next patch! i am not paying you to play the game anymore i am paying you to fix a bug so that i can play it! rrrrg

Re: ARGH!

Originally posted by khem
    i was caught by the battle suit grid crash! good work notifying us of this lethal bug that makes it impossible to play the game!!! in case you cant tell i was being sarcastic. you suck. fix this goddamn bug next patch! i am not paying you to play the game anymore i am paying you to fix a bug so that i can play it! rrrrg
    Oh, calm down!! It's a game.

Thanks for fixing the locked chest bug, I almost lost a Yalmaha on a mission where I was lucky enough to find one. I had to wait an hour for it to reset, but was able to fly away from the mission!!

I hope you guys did the math right this time for the MoB AC. I don't know if my puny NT can handle 4x armour on these guys. It sucks doing minimum damage on every cast.

Just a Game

I keep hearing that AO is just a game.....and while this is true to it's players, it is a JOB to the folks at Funcom.

Sometimes there is no excuse for the way that job is done....previously fixed bugs being reintroduced in a subsequent patch, for instance, show a lack of either the ability or desire to follow established IS standards.

And remember also, that much of what I work 40+ hours a week is my leasure time...and that time is very valuable to me....so regardless of how I spend it, in a game or otherwise, it has a greater value to me than the $11 a month I pay Funcom.

Golf is just a game to the folks to swing the clubs...but for the folks who run the golf course it s a JOB. Whould it be accepted for a golf course to have a number of the cups on the greens missing, or a complete fareway removed from the course, or tall grass on the green or quicksand it the traps??.....Of course not...but it is still just a game...

I can understand many of the problems Funcom has had with startup and the introduction of new bugs...that happens everywhere in software developement....and Funcom cannot realistically be expeted to do a valid parallel test of patches where it would involve 10s of thousands of online testers...so this final testing is ultimately done "live".

But what does boggle me is that after all these months, we still have inventory shuffling problems...and I do believe there was some backsliding with the problem after the last patch series.

I shake my head when Funcom asks me to recommend AO to my friends when they connot demonstrate the competence to fix this basic bug, be it because of a lack of priority or a lack of ability applied to the problem for some reason.

I do hope Funcom does what it takes to allow AO to reach it's pontential...but I do worry that they won't be able to also.

Thanks for your time..

Re: Remove social armor restrictions today !!!!

Originally posted by Szentisha
    Since you mentioned issues related to social armor, I felt obligated to bring this issue to your attention.

Why oh why can I not wear social armor with other social clothing? And why is it called social armor anyway -- its not armor? What is your intent here -- I can't figure it out?

I asked a GM once about this issue. He told me that there are some social armor types that go in the back slot that are so powerfull that they do not want it worn with regular armor. I have never seen that type of armor. And why is this restriction applied to dresses and swimsuits?

It seems incredibly restrictive that I have to remove all of my clothing to wear a swimsuit, including boots, eyewear, and bracers.

Please resconsider how this issue is being addressed. I would like to suggest one of the two alternatives:
    - Restrict the use of social armor with other armor .. but allow it to be matched with social clothing.
    - Restrict the user of social armor with clothing or armor worn in the chest or legs slot.

I hope you take this post seriously .. its the little things, you know?

http://www.darksphere.com/uor
    I think it was implemented due to the fact that the Battlesuites was sosialarmor
    ..:Dark "Xephiroth" Scorus:..
    ..:
    124 NanoMage - Nanotechnican:..

..:Zerohelth:..
    ..:
    57 Atrox - Enforcer:..

..:Vlados:..
    ..:
    32 Opifex - Shade:..

..:
    Ignorance is bliss:..

"It seems incredibly restrictive that I have to remove all of my clothing to wear a swimsuit"

LOL! Nice one

Talking re: foolish child

foolish child, you took that partial sentance completely out of context .. still I see the humor in it

*grin*