Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discuss: 13.8 'Minor' world and monster changes

Post Discuss: 13.8 'Minor' world and monster changes

• The Tir arena has a few changes to the borders around it.
    • A few graphical glitches in Tir have been fixed
    • Two places where you could get stuck in Tir have been fixed.
    • Some shops have been cleaned up. A few of them still had tradeskill items that we now have specific shops for.
    • Some NPCs did not have textures on their weapons. This has been fixed.
    • A certain large lizard has some new goodies.

Re: Discuss: 13.8 'Minor' world and monster changes

Originally posted by Cz
    • The Tir arena has a few changes to the borders around it.
    • A few graphical glitches in Tir have been fixed
    • Two places where you could get stuck in Tir have been fixed.
    • Some shops have been cleaned up. A few of them still had tradeskill items that we now have specific shops for.
    • Some NPCs did not have textures on their weapons. This has been fixed.
    • A certain large lizard has some new goodies.
    No this is an awful idea! I loved getting stuck in those places in tir!

Exclamation No where else to hunt with teams

a repost to sticky world changes:

I just lost 4 of my 6 team mates to link death in Broken Shores. The cause is simple: No other hunting grounds for high lvl folks. Sure, there are other lands, namely the Valley region, the Eastern foul Plains and the Southern foul hills. But, they dont have scanners for both sides. Soooo no one goes there except for solo missions.

Everyone and their butt ugly monkey now reside in Home...clan and omni living and working side by side, despite what the storyline says. Most guilds and factions dont allow fraternization, but they really have no choice. Who wants to form a team, grid to stret east bank, fly (if you can) to a far off jungle, buff then hunt only to get killed and have to do it all over again. Its hard enough at high level, why should their be a huge real time penalty as well?

Seriously, why arent there small 75% zones with scanners in all of the eastern and south eastern lands? I think this issue is the greatest that faces high lvl people and why they either quit or restart chars. Simply nothing else to do but missions...

In addition:

I spent eight hours last weekend exploring the entire valley, the Eastern foul plains, and Southern foul hills over a two day period. I saw plenty of killable critters. I saw tons of cool things.
    But you know what I didnt see? A single team. Thats right, not one. I came across two individuals. Both were doing solo missions. I saw some bases with reclaim points, but no scanners...though there is an omni base that might have one...being clan this doesnt help me. I think only guild hunting is really possible in these regions(ie communication lines that stay after link death and friends patient enough for a 20 minute trip after getting killed) and still it would be a pain.

The six playfields that are supposed to be the high lvl wonderland are completely devoid of players. Go there, see what I mean. Then go to Home in Broken Shores. Take in the lag. See the omni/clan team ups. Do nothing but missions. I think you will understand then.

hope this means the 25% area on top of the pillar in tir got changed to 100%.

Stuck~! i've been stuck in this "rail" type thing beside the tir arena maybe 3 times now. I hope thats the spot that got fixed. geesh that place was annoying.

People are lazy and hate to explore, some kind of encouragement has to be given to go to the eastern area's.

Maybe make fun of them?
    I was one of the people who believe that FC had a "secret" 12.0 patch just before launch....he he.

You start to think that the Shrooms are wearing off and then you look at the ceiling and realize you got a few hours.

hmmm, anyone seen this large lizard and goodies?

I think they talk about a mob in the Covenant dungeon - that's what I read somewhere...

_When the going gets uber, the leet goes flirting.

Angry reclaims

Ok, i agree 100% about the reclaims.....i have no idea how many timed i have found a reclaim term.....and no insurance term in sight...i love to explore...and do so regularly.....so what gives with the lack of terms? i don't mean that there should be an insurance term on every corner....but if there is a reclaim, shouldn't there be a corresponding insurance term?

reclaim

The save term in Belial Forest I know for a fact is fixed, as of 13.2? 13.4? But, a lot of mobs do chem dmg, etc, have low xp, and was not viable to the extents that my guild and I tested it out, the best xp vs. mob/time was mort, and then missions =(, sad to say, I have missioned for 40 lvls, i dont know how much longer these padded walls of insanity can hold me There need to be more viable places to hunt in the other zones. Only problem is, you make save terms everywhere, and then theres no need to feel "risk" while hunting in 25%, which will now negate fc's efforts for the "13.8 upcoming changes to pvp". So wheres the solution?
    (i will also post this in "13.8 changes to pvp")

Also, what has turned myself off, and many others i have talked to, is the 600 map nav req for some zones, rofl thats insane, scouting with a map makes places discoverable, otherwise its just chance. Adv's have green map nav req you say? In my experience thus far, i used to see em all over, little by little they have dropped out, or rerolled new classes, in the last 2 months, there were 4 my lvl that i knew/grouped with regularly. As of last week that is now 1 (i.e. class balancing, but that is a story for another day :P)

isnt the one in Belial Omni? And that is only for the zone in the far eastern corner, divided by mountains from the ones to the south. But, Im not going to argue about the xp problem. Why fight a ton of crazy aggroed critters with 10k hp when you can go after much better xp one at a time in a mission? You are absolutely right on risk vs. reward.
    Though guess what? missions are boring over and over again, like anything else would be. The world is beautiful! Why wont they let us play in it? I dont really see the difference in going on mission after mission and the camping syndrome in EQ or DAOC. Yes its a different generated mission. But you use the same tactics, fight the same npcs and clear it the same way everytime. It doesnt provide the chaos as the outside.

I truly dont think game balance issues are the primary cause of people leaving or starting another char after 100. I think it is repetition of those damn missions and the general pain that high lvl play becomes. It truly starts to feel like work.

Pvp becomes the only option. But then where does a 130 lvl go for a good battle? Since there are no places where opposing teams of equal lvl hunt, they all go attack the only prey available to them, the 75-100 crowd in their vanishing domains. Weeee fun.

Re: Discuss: 13.8 'Minor' world and monster changes

Originally posted by Cz
    Two places where you could get stuck in Tir have been fixed.

I know one of those places, you never see so many ARKs at another spot, the poor new players always fell in there and could not get out

A certain large lizard has some new goodies.
    It sure won't be a Fixer item, wanna bet ?
    But I still look forward to it, at least it is ql 200
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

<* A few graphical glitches in Tir have been fixed

* Two places where you could get stuck in Tir have been fixed. >

So does this mean I can no longer visit the pre-colonisation version of Tir.

Alas,no longer shall I stand alone on the hill where a whom-pa will eventually stand. No more shall I walk the empty moat.

Then again, this is probably not what they're changing . So I shall continue with my plan to build a house where Fair Trade will be.

Aurorae
    Neutral Engineer from Newland RK1.

All this for Clan scum? All they have to do is apply and we'll take them back!

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    "Life is too short to drink bad ale."

Question What lizard?

Can someone point us to a thread discussing this?

I've never heard of Covenant, guess I've been playing too much on the omni-side. Heck, if you don't play clan from lvl1, you never see much Rhinomen either.

Ecce

But where are the new zones?? Where's Jobe???? Quit holding out on us FC..get these long-promised zones DONE!!! Please!!!!
    Commander Barron
    Prime Director: Omni-1 Operations
    2nd in Command
    Division 9 [R.S.G.E]
    barron@rsge.net
    Click Here to Visit the ALL NEW Division 9 Website

Re: In addition:

Originally posted by Shard
    I spent eight hours last weekend exploring the entire valley, the Eastern foul plains, and Southern foul hills over a two day period. I saw plenty of killable critters. I saw tons of cool things.
    But you know what I didnt see? A single team. Thats right, not one. I came across two individuals. Both were doing solo missions. I saw some bases with reclaim points, but no scanners...though there is an omni base that might have one...being clan this doesnt help me. I think only guild hunting is really possible in these regions(ie communication lines that stay after link death and friends patient enough for a 20 minute trip after getting killed) and still it would be a pain.

The six playfields that are supposed to be the high lvl wonderland are completely devoid of players. Go there, see what I mean. Then go to Home in Broken Shores. Take in the lag. See the omni/clan team ups. Do nothing but missions. I think you will understand then.
    I beg to differ.
    My guild likes outdoor hunting, and we casually go out to "see the world".
    But the hunting outsideis poor for our team around levl 140.
    We want to reach 150 someday to stand a chance in the forthcoming war, and outdoor hunting is a complete waste of time, XP wise.

Peace.

I hunt is SAV

I do usually hunt in a Belial forest region with my guildmates...

As a base we are using Hollow Mountain Clan OP, it is a mayheym zone...

Nice area, but quite dangerous for a lvl90-105 group.

A question to gurus

>>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A certain large lizard has some new goodies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I beg you to give me a clue, or just a name of that lizard, i will do the rest ...

Please /me terminate to make it look more dramatic...

Re: No where else to hunt with teams

Originally posted by Shard
    a repost to sticky world changes:

I just lost 4 of my 6 team mates to link death in Broken Shores. The cause is simple: No other hunting grounds for high lvl folks. Sure, there are other lands, namely the Valley region, the Eastern foul Plains and the Southern foul hills. But, they dont have scanners for both sides. Soooo no one goes there except for solo missions.

Everyone and their butt ugly monkey now reside in Home...clan and omni living and working side by side, despite what the storyline says. Most guilds and factions dont allow fraternization, but they really have no choice. Who wants to form a team, grid to stret east bank, fly (if you can) to a far off jungle, buff then hunt only to get killed and have to do it all over again. Its hard enough at high level, why should their be a huge real time penalty as well?

Seriously, why arent there small 75% zones with scanners in all of the eastern and south eastern lands? I think this issue is the greatest that faces high lvl people and why they either quit or restart chars. Simply nothing else to do but missions...
    I know I'm going to get flamed and roasted over a fire for my next few comments but I'm going to make them anyway.

If your afraid to go out into the big, bad woods then by all means retreat back to the safety of holoworld. The reason 'City of Home' is so crowded is because most people don't want to take risks. They want experience fast and they want it safely. I've seen too many groups break up after one death because people want to pull mob after mob after mob without stopping in order to get 'uber experience'. I've had people leave groups I was in because, while we were being careful and not dying, we weren't gaining experience 'fast enough'.

With a balanced team and good strategy there shouldn't be anywhere a high level group can't hunt safely. With a good Doc and a couple of tanks only a really bad pull should get you in trouble. With an Engineer and/or Meta Physicist you should be able to run while the pets draw aggro. If you do get in real trouble and there seem to be monsters everywhere, a Fixer can evac the whole team to the grid in 6 seconds.

I personally don't think Funcom should make Rubi-Ka into one big backyard for people that don't want to take the time to work together. That's just my opinion and you may feel free to disagree.
    Slyykie - 200+ Shade
    Slyyk - 200+ Fixer

Members of Alphastrike
    ------------------------------------------------
    Sarcasm rules! Go prance around in the forest you silly pixie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast