Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Discuss: 13.8 Fixer and Trader stuff

Re: Trader Terminals

Originally posted by Girltrooper
    I've just been forced to read this whole turgid thread about Fixers and their problems. I wish someone would just delete the whole class. It was clearly a mistake in the first place.

Now?

What it is in these new Trader terminals. This is really icing on the cake for us! Thanks guys!

Please stop posting anything to do with Fixers in this thread...posting ANY information relating to Fixers is a waste of ASCI.
    you are an idiot. At least fixers didnt ruin the game by wrangling everyone and their dog into gear 80 lvls higher than theirs... i'd say traders are the root of half this games problems and they should be deleted.
    I feel i should be the one getting payed to play this game...

Iroido : Please look up the word Sarcasm in the dictionary.

Though personally I'd rather see Agents got rid of, FC really stuffed up when they gave them everybody elses nanos.
    Last edited by Founding; Feb 22nd, 2002 at 00:11:00.
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

iroido, dont start, FC designed our nanos, get mad at FC.

I am very dissapointed with this thread. After tredging through 3 pages of BS, I would like to remind everyone what this is about. Trader/fixer booths. We got a taste of whats in the fixer shop, but can someone please tell us whats in the trader booth?

This is not the blackmarket and has nothing to do with it, so please move your comments on the blackmarket to the ENVISIONED forum and please stop wasting our time.
    Frelo - Level 29 Fixer (and loving every minute of it)

Anahata - Level 110 Solitus Trader
    Khephra - Level 6 Solitus Engineer
    Zaum - Level 8 Nanomage MP
    Merkaba715 - Level 50 Nanomage NT (Sleeping till NT's are fixed)
    Dimholt - Level 10 Atrox Enforcer
    Omni
    Rubi-Ka 1

'The only ones that see the end of war are the dead' - Plato

Fixer+Agent=Thief

<<Both of our classes IMHO are a bit too similar...too similar at times which often causes conflicts between our two classes. At times I think that both the agent and the fixer might be better off if the two classes were combined into just one class. >>
    Posted by Graxxus

Way back when, the two classes were just one class called the thief if i remembe rightly.
    FC split the thief into the two classes we have now because they had so many ideas for the class which would make it much better than the rest.

Just a little bit of history

Also if i remember rightly the Fixer was originally going to be the only class that could use the Grid and able to carry team mates there via a nano. But the Grid was deemed too cool and everyone got access. Maybe thats why the class is lacking somewhat of an identity...who knows.

Re: Fixer+Agent=Thief

Originally posted by Fade
    Also if i remember rightly the Fixer was originally going to be the only class that could use the Grid and able to carry team mates there via a nano.
    When I first started playing the Fixer, that is exactly how I though it was going to be. The I found out that not only can other use the Grid, but with Comp Lit buffs that Fixers don't have, they can use it better. To top it off the best transportation nano was given to an Engineer. To say I was floored would be an understatement.

I havent checked for myself - But i talked to someone on test, and he said in the Trader booths there were Profession specific weapons.

why do i get a bad feeling about this?

first, if there are proffesion specific weapons, then that should be cool... miniguns for soldiers!

i get a bad feeling about the fixer shops, they're gonna be like every other fixer change (both of them) a good idea, but badly implemented... ie useless.

but, we shall see
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

I have a request for items in the Fixer's shop. Have them be unusable until a DNA lock is placed on it. When that happens, the item will become NODROP. Fixers would do this to ensure that there would always be a market for their goods. It’s sleazy, underhanded and the Fixer thing to do.

Personally, I'd like to see them remove you from the game, FC really stuffed up when they allowed you to post..

Originally posted by Falcon
    Iroido : Please look up the word Sarcasm in the dictionary.

Though personally I'd rather see Agents got rid of, FC really stuffed up when they gave them everybody elses nanos.

Jws, pipe down. We aren't discussing you inadequacies, we're discussing fixer shops.

Crin - I like that idea. A lot.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

It didn't look like it from Falcon's rude post.. It just raised my temperature. I apologize and I assure you that my post was directed only at Falcon for his remarks about agents.. I happen to have many fixer and trader friends and I hope these changes are good for you all. Yes, I'd like to use these terminals under false prof, but hey.. I'm not going to push that issue or be nasty about it. I think you guys deserve items like this and I don't know why they weren't in the game to begin with..

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread..

Originally posted by Kiryat
    Jws, pipe down. We aren't discussing you inadequacies, we're discussing fixer shops.

Crin - I like that idea. A lot.

Originally posted by Merkaba715
    iroido, dont start, FC designed our nanos, get mad at FC.

I am very dissapointed with this thread. After tredging through 3 pages of BS, I would like to remind everyone what this is about. Trader/fixer booths. We got a taste of whats in the fixer shop, but can someone please tell us whats in the trader booth?

This is not the blackmarket and has nothing to do with it, so please move your comments on the blackmarket to the ENVISIONED forum and please stop wasting our time.
    Show me a quote of CZ saying these pathetic booths are NOT the supposed black market.

You are only making assumptions because they have been too lazy to update the envisioned list.

Originally posted by Zeroshift

Show me a quote of CZ saying these pathetic booths are NOT the supposed black market.

You are only making assumptions because they have been too lazy to update the envisioned list.
    Originally posted by Cosmik

To answer the first part of your question, the Fixer and Trader shops are not the Black Market. That cool feature is still a bit off (but yes! It's coming).
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...ack#post320361

An area-of-effect weapon like the new burst might work good in one spot I could think of: The main mission room on harder missions. Usually, there's those 3 mobs (kinda like the 3 stooges) that tend to gang up on a poor clanner just trying to make some cash. Well, if you're soloing, this can be rough. An area-of-effect burst would even the odds though. Also, RP-wise, what SMG isn't area of effect? Unless you're skilled at firing them, bullets usually end up all over the place!

Yeehaw!

Well Bronto_Cowboy, your best chance of success in the 3 mob circus you discribed is to walk in the room. Let one of the mobs aggro on you (Don't attack it), then run back into the main room. It will follow you and if you have been a good boy, it won't bring its friends. Now you only have one mob to fight. Kill it and repeat.

It is very rare that the best strategy would be to attack multiple mobs. I can only think of two times when it would be useful. Building up aggro to start a fight so the mobs won't notice the doc and in PvP where aggro doesn't mean anything.

to all agents and other that want to goto fixer shop

Dont worry im pretty sure at high level these shops if not useless now will be soon. Grid aromr anyone? But i happy for the comments made that they know they the fixer needs some improvements, i hope they come before eveyone quits tho. :/
    "We run for Radaman we run from the store clerk with his bull@#$% gun, i feel like im on a fu****** trackteam." 2pac-Juice

The "blackmarket" is a great implementation but I don't think the trader should be allowed access.

If the trader is allowed access they should balance them out in regards to their other skills.

I discuss this in relation to engineers here:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=12106

Traders are quickly becoming overpowered in multiple areas. They are the best trade skill prof which doesn't make sense when compared to the engineer.
    They are one of the best PvP profs.
    They are the best buff prof gaining millions of cred through wrangle.
    Give them the "special" shop and they will also be able to undercut engineer trade skill items.

TRADEr = TRADEskills

engineers are a pet class with suplemental tradeskills.

traders are the primary tradeskill class.

that's why i rolled one and have played him since release day,
    patiently waiting for useful (and profitable) tradeskills.

i did not start a trader to be a wrangling buff machine.

i did not start a trader to PvP,
    and anyone designing a PvP trader will not have the IP
    left over to be successful at tradeskills.

i'm happy we're finally going to be able to RP traders
    by having our own 'wholesale shops' from which we
    can hopefully obtain components and resell goods
    that other players cannot.

right now, an enforcer is as good at RPing a trader
    (selling stuff on the shop channel) as any trader.
    that needs to change.

i want to be able to build weapons, customize weapons,
    craft armor, and design other devices that other people
    will purchase at a profit. that is the definition of a trader.

Originally posted by jws
    [B]It didn't look like it from Falcon's rude post.. It just raised my temperature. I apologize and I assure you that my post was directed only at Falcon for his remarks about agents..
    Hell. Sorry, jws. Misread your post, thought it was aimed at fixers, not at Falcon.

Heh. Falcon ain't even a fixer. =) So, yeah, sorry. I just get defensive.

I think the basic argument against agents being able to use it is pretty simple - the fixers need to have it, and they need for it to be fixer-only. It's the only way we'll ever be able to "fix" anything. Most of the fixers, at least on the fixer board, deeply want people to have a reason to go "Hey, I need a XXXX.... well, better hunt down a fixer and ask him to set me up." That's why I picked a fixer - the chance to RP the guy who gets you shady things. Most of us picked the fixer for that, or similar reasons. Putting this in-game in such a way that it forces other people to go their local neighborhood fixer would be really nice. Agents don't really need it, and fixers need for it to be ours.

But, once again, sorry for jumping on ya. =)
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

*Cough* Ok lets please dicuss the changes on test instead of complaining about who should get shops and who should not.
    Ok back back on TOPIC i curious as to know what type of items are available at the Trader and Fixer shops.If anyone has been on test please leave a small description of what is available in the stores.Lets work with what we are getting right now we should be happy we are at least getting something.Lately the have been adding more to the game hopefully this trend will continue for all proffesions.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast