Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Discuss: 13.8 Fixer and Trader stuff

Originally posted by Zeroshift
    I am not simply suggesting that agent have "access".

I want them to be able to infiltrate this place at extreme risk, as their profession is suppose to do.

Concealment is our ONLY useful green skill and thats a fact. It should mean something! I don't want to be nothing but an over glorified cash mule at higher levels.

-Make cocnealment play a part in sneaking past NPC guards in the black market.
    -Make the FP's accually mean something for more than buffing, let us accually assume the role of the profession by attemption to infiltrate the black market.
    -Fixers are STILL the best at using the black market for their higher B&E skill which allows them to get to better parts.
    Extreme risk being the key words here. The chance of dying is NOT an extreme risk.. as you can just save beforehand. What about loosing a level? Maybe permanent death? (it's possible.. just read the timeline) Or not being able to play your character for a number of days as he is locked down in some basement?

That would be extreme risks. Did I hear you say we could just keep the silly shop for ourselves..? Thought so.

Real, real simple.

In the real world, black markets are composed of your connections. The people you know. Fixers should be all about this "people you know" theory.

As a fixer gets more and more advanced in his profession, he should know more and more people.

Agents are *not* gonna have the same connections as fixers. If they do, the connections are going to know them as agents, and wouldn't be willing to sell them things like they would a fixer connection.

The point is - the black market/fixer-only shop should be fixer only. For game balance reasons, for RP reasons, and because it makes sense.

Well I am an agent. And I don't want access to the black market. I am happy for the fixer class, they're finally getting a nice little bonus to help tide things over till they get fixed properly. Both of our classes IMHO are a bit too similar...too similar at times which often causes conflicts between our two classes. At times I think that both the agent and the fixer might be better off if the two classes were combined into just one class. But because of this both of our classes suffer an identity crisis. The idea of what makes an agent an agent or a fixer a fixer is being redesigned by funcom...at the cost of our ip. So I am truly happy for the fixer class for the addition of a fixer only shop...you'll finally be getting some much needed class defining love.

Right now it seems Funcom is refocusing the fixer profession into a more tradeskill oriented class like a trader but without the heavy reliance on nanoskills. This is evident in the recent need for extremely high levels of breaking and entering skill in order to modify weapons. I suppose in Funcom's mind a Fixer is more and more becoming a "fixer" of weapons. This approach might be good since it would definitely give your profession an ability that an agent for example couldn't touch...and that is important in seperating your class defining abilities from other classes(more specifically agents). But they still have to worry about determining a way for you to be able to contribute to a team while hunting. Making your HOTs better with lower nanoskill requirements would be a good start...the high nanopool cost already prevents most agents from using them before you can as is.

Both of our professions have been needing some love for a while. I'm actually looking forward to the overequiping fix patch because with that comes the toning down of mobs. Mob health doesn't need to be changed as much as mob AC and mob initiatives which currently are set at ungodly. With less mob AC fast firing SMGs and rifles might actually become useful again. But who knows what will happen I'll believe it when I see it.

Originally posted by Graxxus
    Mob health doesn't need to be changed as much as mob AC and mob initiatives which currently are set at ungodly.
    You haven't come up against NPC atrox enforcers yet have you? 100,000 HP+ is certainly a reality.
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

Post 3 of us ?

Heh, 3 fixers in total eh ?

Keep thinking that...

Arg

This is for traders and fixers, im happy, fits in RP wise.

Agents dont need underworld contacts to get ****, thats what a "fixer" or "trader"
    I was one of the people who believe that FC had a "secret" 12.0 patch just before launch....he he.

You start to think that the Shrooms are wearing off and then you look at the ceiling and realize you got a few hours.

did this place work for traders to?or? what is the new trader stuff?

everyone seems to be talking about this fixer shop as if it is the black market.
    the black market is still on the envisioned list, and i am sure that if it was the black market they would have used those words rather than fixer shop or fixer terminal.

hopefully the BM will be implimented later. but I would love to hear officially that this is not it. (if it is I think I will be a bit annoyed, what with it being just a shop)

anyway...

how can you have both special shops AND a blackmarket?

because maybe the special shops are the beggining of profession specific shops? maybe all professions will get shops...

(or they were only going to give traders shops.... but us fixers made such a fuss about getting no love they needed to add something else to the patch notes to keep us quiet for a while)

where as, the black market is not really a shop, it is not an actual market that exsists where you can go and buy stuff, it is a system of contacts.

when someone in real life says they got something from the black market it usualy means they got it from a friend who had a contact who worked in a supply store who created a false order etc. it doesnt mean he went to the corner black marketstore

special shops will probably just sell fixer items, such as smgs and ae burst ammo. it means our additions can be is one place and we may not have to camp for everything that we get in patches.

the black market will hopefully start with a story line that allows us to RP a bit and get some NPC contacts who can get us what you want

how can you have both special shops AND a blackmarket?
    What part of that concept do you not understand?

Scorus

Why not our own shop and the black market? The role of the fixer and trader is to find stuff and sell it. Whether its through proper channels or no, they still need sources for their goods. You soldiers, agents and other types go out and play in the field. Us fixers will sit in a dark room and hack away and avoid those paper pushing Crats.
    ~Rwarmage
    ---------------
    "Defying authority at a place near you."
    Rwarmage - RK-1 Level 169 Omni Fixer

-- The wholsale warehouse would not have the rare and illegal items that the black market does, but it will be cheaper than general stores and have a wider selection.
    Oh, oh, oh! And you would only be able to buy everything in packs of 20! And there should be women in aprons everywhere giving out free samples of BrontoBurgers...

Originally posted by Intra
    where as, the black market is not really a shop, it is not an actual market that exsists where you can go and buy stuff, it is a system of contacts.
    IMHO the black market should be NPCs that respond to a fixer. perhaps you'd have to run to the equivilant of the red light district in omni-e and ask one of the big atroxs hanging out with the ladies in the skimpy dresses. not only is there talking involved, but perhaps they have a few items for sale, a few names they can give you (also for sale) and such. i'd like to see it as a big quest with different leveled NPC walking around that could start the quest for your level.

wouldnt it be nifty to get the the third person on this quest and get a mission key for one of those "den of theives" we're always clearing out? except maybe you're taking them a crate of guns? that would be interesting... more powerful mobs in a mission for someone who set the slider to full red, yes?

working the black market should gain you something similar to tokens or maybe tokens but with class specific merrit awards. ie, NPCs will come to know your name / reputation and maybe shout your name as you walk by at a higher merrit level and request things from you (giving you a mission GPS so you can find them again using the map) for good exp, money, and token? perhaps agents might FC but get different options like taking another npc out, something involving going into faction-nme territory (like a clanner getting into an omni city.. but we need back doors or sewers for that)

...all in the future. i agree that these shops aren't the black market and that fixers and agents shouldn't get too similar. course, i hope funcom understands that quest missions such as these, although often not dangerous or risky, should give good exp due to the time of hunting down NPCs in large towns.
    Last edited by crikket; Feb 20th, 2002 at 18:50:39.
    ÷÷÷Crikket the Gunsmith÷÷÷
    "I like my work and I hope you do, too -- but if you don't, I really couldn't care less. Take me or leave me -- but don't bug me." -- Johnny Carson

I like the notion of the Black Market being certain NPCs that only respond to Fixers. I think its one of the better suggestions about the BM that I've heard.
    ~Rwarmage
    ---------------
    "Defying authority at a place near you."
    Rwarmage - RK-1 Level 169 Omni Fixer

Originally posted by crikket: "ask one of the big atroxs hanging out with the ladies in the skimpy dresses"

Uuuuh crikket, to all due to respect, atrox don't got nothing to satisfy those ladies
    Besides they look like monkeys. Don't hang with those kind of ladies, they like animals better appearantly... j/k
    _When the going gets uber, the leet goes flirting...

Angry Trader Terminals

I've just been forced to read this whole turgid thread about Fixers and their problems. I wish someone would just delete the whole class. It was clearly a mistake in the first place.

Now?

What it is in these new Trader terminals. This is really icing on the cake for us! Thanks guys!

Please stop posting anything to do with Fixers in this thread...posting ANY information relating to Fixers is a waste of ASCI.

Uuuuh crikket, to all due to respect, atrox don't got nothing to satisfy those ladies
    As an Atrox with many years of experience under my belt, I can assure you that the prominent package is fulling functional in terms of satisfying the ladies. Monkey-like or otherwise, most partners assure me that size does indeed matter.

While I may be shooting blanks and won't have any progeny to continue my legacy upon my final departure from the living, I am sure enough having fun along the way. My path from former Omni miner to disillusioned clan rebel to my final position as philosophical Metaphysicist whose only allegiance is to himself and his friends has led me to believe that the only true happiness that can be found for us poor products of Omni-Med bioengineering can be found within. Sometimes that's within the friendly confines of a warm bed full of sweet female fragrance.

'Love an Atrox today'

Angry Hey, when is it our turn? or is this just a lie?

Cosmik
    Community

Adventurers up for some changes
    Hello hello,

As you may have seen I recently made an announcement over on the Martial Artist forum, saying that Martial Artists were next up for some changes (mainly fixes).

I hope it's with cheers of "w00t" that I say Adventurers are also up for a change, right after the Martial Artists. Now, before you go on and say "Awww...that could be ages away!", let me also say that some stuff for Adventurers might come earlier.

I will be making a report of the Adventurer top 10 to give to the designers so it can be referred to at hand as the changes go through.

Some goodies for Adventurers soon. w00t worthy?

Bionitrous... Atrox do not have a sex... Go back to your creation description and you will see what I mean...
    _When the going gets uber, the leet goes flirting...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast