Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Discuss: 13.8 Fixer and Trader stuff

Found on IGN's boards by CaithCaidh

--------------------
    Yes, it officially exists on test. The requirements for access are to, 1. be a fixer (False profession nanos will NOT work) and 2. 180 Breaking and Entering

In the shop, we can buy special ammunition for AE bursts. These are used purely as items. You target, and use the ammo as an item to use. At the moment they've got a few bugs, and do less damage than they probably ought to.

Among other items sold in the shop:

Worn ICC InternOps Cloak
    QL: 50
    Reqs:
    Agi 136
    Stam 123

Loc: Back
    Modifier:
    Break&Entry 2
    Concealment 2
    Imp/Proj AC 250
    Melee/ma AC 250
    Energy AC 250
    Cold AC 250
    Disease AC 300
    Fire AC 250
    Imp/Proj AC 300
    Chemical AC 300

Mass: 2.5 kg

Description:
    This cloak is probably from one of ICC's storages of redundant articles. It is unknown in what way it has ended up here on Rubi Ka.

Cost around 460k credits...

Note that Imp/Proj AC is there twice... This is a bug and should be fixed by the time it goes live... The 250 should in fact be Radiation. Right now on test though, it gives 550 imp/proj AC.
    Location... Well... There's some degree of fun in finding it. But as a hint, use Borealis as a starting point.

-----signature-----

Caith Caidh
    39th season Nightshade
    An Claidheamh Soluis

Mrau!? that all? I mean it something, and a bit fun...but....really? I dont want to complain or so....hehe

Oooh, nice cloak...I'll have to hire a fixer to get one for me when 13.8 hits live. It's a shame there are so few left
    Vincent Stritzke
    Omni-Tek Rubi-Ka

so where is it? how do I find it?
    if no one wants to post a spoiler like that they can always send me a private message

Re: Discuss: 13.8 Fixer and Trader stuff

Originally posted by Cz
    We have added special shops for Fixers and Traders.
    Lets hope there is stuff sold up to ql 200, otherwise it's again no freaking high level content. But I bet there is only stuff up to ql 125, same as I was right before the PvP fix for stuns was put in, where I said it would make stun utterly useless for (solo) PvM, which it did.

The Area Burst special attack has been added.
    Can you be more cryptic ? I have no idea what that means.
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

That royally screws the agent...

I mean come on... not only is the agent an underworld assasain type, but this would be a great chance for him to accually infiltrate something!

re: agents

infiltrating enemy strongholds to obtain
    an objective (with no combat required)
    thru sneaking and concealment isnt enough?

you need the all fixers features too?

agents are weak in combat/PvP (unless they use MP pets)
    but they are by far the richest profession in the game.

let the poor fixers have somethign they can call thier own.

no i dont play a fixer.
    no i dont hate agents.

i'd rather see agents get a false-allignment nano.
    (that would be much more fun and secret double agenty)

Funcom, this is your wake up call, time to get serious with adding real bonuses, that cloak looks nice but 2 b&e and concealment? come on, is that going to help you do anything besides maybe get your fly down a little easier? I don't know what the devs are smoking, but this like the backpacks isn't going to do much to impress anyone other than maybe a lvl 1 player before he allocates his initial ip allotment. I'm not saying huge bonuses, but maybe 10,15,20 at lvl 50, and give it a constant progression so... 40,60,80 at 200... the numbers are just example, but they sure make a whole hell of a lot more sense than donning your super nifty lvl 200 interops coat and getting a whole 8 points extra to use.

One other item of note, stam/agi requirements? What are you thinking? There are 1346 opifex fixers, 778 solitus fixers, 65 nano fixers, 85 atrox fixers. This is going to be percieved as a slap in the face of the largest group of fixers, let alone the entire fixer profession is made up of people who have lived a very hard life and had hopes raised and dashed a number of times (anyone remember the fixer top 10 list on the forum back in october last year "Fixers are up next" famous last words). Don't start giving them more things for skills that aren't normally raised high, you already have mocked them enough with the summoning lines being matter creation in a veritable sea of needlessly dark blue nano skills. Like fixers need something else to eat away at the near non-existant spare IP they have. THINK!!

Zeroshift...

Zeroshift, come on. Agents shouldn't have access. If they do, then it goes like this: Soldiers should too after all they should have access to rare military weaponry and armor; enforcers should too because they are mercenary types, criminals, thugs; adventurers should too because they are good enough to sneak in there and get stuff... You know where I am getting at.
    Other class access to it is a big NO NO.
    Why? This black market is here to emphasize the fixer's ability. It is one of his PRIVILEGES. Agents privilege (yet not implemented yet) is to infiltrate the heart of the enemy's HQ, spying, disguise etc. Not to be allowed access to the black market. In a way it doesn't makes sense, but this is for game balance purposes. Who will care to play fixer if that damn agent can do it all?
    "oh yeah I wanted to be fixer coz I liked the black market thing, but the agent has access to it and he does better damage, so..." Note this is not a flame.
    Not only that, but it will give the fixer his share in the market.

Originally posted by MrTeatime
    Oooh, nice cloak...I'll have to hire a fixer to get one for me when 13.8 hits live. It's a shame there are so few left
    Just send me a /tell...
    $
    ::. Anarchin, OT Fixer, Legion .::

Quote Originally Posted by Lynyah
    The difference is that you dont need a brain to camp things

Originally posted by Crin
    Found on IGN's boards by CaithCaidh

--------------------
    In the shop, we can buy special ammunition for AE bursts. These are used purely as items. You target, and use the ammo as an item to use. At the moment they've got a few bugs, and do less damage than they probably ought to.
    does anyone know is this AE burst special ammo locks the standard burst skill after use? or if it cant be used aswell as standard bust in a fight

heheheh

Borealis is SOOOO going down...

watch _ALL_ Fixers of Rubi Ka zone in there at the same time running around all over the place running doors down head first trying to find that store....

I think ill just hover up there in my Yal and have some popcorn 'til the dust settles *gg*

greets and stuff
    -Raik Out
    Zack "Raik" Brumble - "Boom Hippie Bye Bye, the Raik is back!"

LOL

damn right... all three of us...

Me, Tom ... and that other guy.
    Zack "Raik" Brumble - "Boom Hippie Bye Bye, the Raik is back!"

I am not simply suggesting that agent have "access".

I want them to be able to infiltrate this place at extreme risk, as their profession is suppose to do.

Concealment is our ONLY useful green skill and thats a fact. It should mean something! I don't want to be nothing but an over glorified cash mule at higher levels.

-Make cocnealment play a part in sneaking past NPC guards in the black market.
    -Make the FP's accually mean something for more than buffing, let us accually assume the role of the profession by attemption to infiltrate the black market.
    -Fixers are STILL the best at using the black market for their higher B&E skill which allows them to get to better parts.

Arrow Hmmmmz

From that point of view, ok. But at EXTREME risks of retribution etc...
    Don't mess with the sydicate world. They'll haunt you forever and make your life miserable.
    You see what I mean...
    _When the going gets uber, the leet goes flirting...

even if agents could 'infiltrate' the BM, how many would
    want to raise thier B&E enough to use the machines?
    from what i hear it's almost impossible for an agent to
    stop and pick chests when sneaking thru a mission
    without breaking conceal and being spotted ..
    just to shop? sounds like a waste of IP to me..
    just ask your fixer friend/guidmate to go grab you something.
    it's only a damn shop afterall.

Question Unbelievable

You know, Fixers have sat quietly (well not always) watching every other profession have their day (though some of those days were bloody). Since release, our profession has had very few tweaks or nerfs. We got a few extra nanos, but those did not help our situation. We've been one of the most stable classes since the beginning and have needed little help. But as the game mechanics changed and other professions were nerfed/tweaked, we had nothing done to us. The plight of the fixer is that everything in the game has changed BUT the fixer.

It just pisses me off to see Crats and Agents scream bloody murder because they can't horn in on our action. Last night I saw 110 enforcer ganking scooplets in hopes of getting the Grid Armor disk. He had the gall to tell me and other fixer friend who was with me he wouldn't charge us as much as he planned if he found it while we were around. Thanks a lot, pal.

Fixers have been raped and bashed by other professions. Its about time we get out due. Our time has come. To all you Agents calling for FP to work on the terminal, live with it. Docs, Engies and Traders got our transport nanos, let us have something we can call our OWN. I can understand your reasoning, but cut us fixers some slack. We've been patient while you've gotten your nerfs and enchancements, let us enjoy ours.
    ~Rwarmage
    ---------------
    "Defying authority at a place near you."
    Rwarmage - RK-1 Level 169 Omni Fixer

Exclamation Yes, unbelievable.

Did you know? Adventurers have been more or less trying to make FC notice that adv's have been taking colateral nerfs, then started not being too much silent about it, and we are still ignored, except once we got an answer from a moderator telling us we were in a certain fix order, but that was a lie and we have been pushed back. FC, fixers and adv's better be the next classes to change. I don't mind fixers getting love before or anything, we both have it bad at the same level in our own way. But hearing some shady agent folk along with NT's that will be likely the ones to get love then sicks (more than) me up. I would LOVE to hear the reason why. Better come up with a good one because not much of us are left and for the ones who stayed or came back are not buying into fake info anymore.

Sorry for posting this kind of stuff here, but it seems that FC doesn't check the profession boards - at least if they do they don't bump us.
    _When the going gets uber, the leet goes flirting...

Re: Unbelievable

Originally posted by solidSilver
    It just pisses me off to see Crats and Agents scream bloody murder because they can't horn in on our action.
    Hey, hey, hey, hold on! This crat has been bending over backwards trying to bring attention to fixer needs on these boards! I missed where in this thread a crat said that we should have access to the fixer shop but even if one crat did get greedy, don't blame all of us. I was vocal when I felt that the professions I play needed enhancement (crats and MPs) and I'll be vocal when I see other professions in obvious need of help! I still think crats belong on that list but Fixers are far and away at the top of it!

That said, I think it would be interesting and fitting if crats had a place, albeit a very small one, in the whole 'black market' arrangement. Maybe an item or two (1-2 of many, mind you) that required you to get a form placed on it in order to get the final item (like in the process for the crat suit). The underworld often has to work with, shall we say, suspect government officials to smooth over things.

Scorus

I can see a crat being a dirty paper pusher maybe makin' a lil' dough on the side by not exposing Black Market operations. That's cool.

But fixers have there own shop now, and these Agents saying that this gives them the opportunity to infiltrate something with their FP nanos...it kinda sickens me. Its a shop for crying out loud. Fixers are the shady guys sitting in the corners of bars that you go to when you need something. If they are going to play that role, then they need a source of materials.

You can say FP-Agents for role play purposes, but come on. Think about it, a black market is a loose organization, but its not like anyone who wants to get involved signs up in front of your local grocery market. The Black Market knows its members. Logically, even if you've got false profession running, you gotta think those involved in the black market are gonna know you don't belong.

Agents need to look for another bone to be thrown. Fixers have waited too long for theirs.
    ~Rwarmage
    ---------------
    "Defying authority at a place near you."
    Rwarmage - RK-1 Level 169 Omni Fixer

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast