Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Discuss: 13.8 Fixer and Trader stuff

Post Discuss: 13.8 Fixer and Trader stuff

• We have added special shops for Fixers and Traders.
    • The Area Burst special attack has been added.

can we please have some info on what this is?
    we cannot discuss it as it has not yet been found and tested.

its great that the fixers are getting some additions
    thanks for that, but we dont know if they are useful yet or not... because there is no info

is this the long awaited black market?
    if so why has the BM not been taken off envisioned or the words black market used in the patch notes.

is the area burst a trade skill addition (again) part of a new gun? or new ammo?
    how will it work, will it be found in the yet to be found fixer shop.

I have played on test for a few days now and everything other than the fixer additions are yet to be found, so any info would be very welcome

thank you

*bump* for more info on area of effect burst and confirmation that the fixer shop is really on test.

I think it is a neat idea for the fixer shop to be hard to find, better than having "buy your stolen merchandise" signs out. But before we knock ourselves out looking for it, I would like confirmation that they just haven't not gotten around to putting it in yet.

Scorus

Hard to comment on something we have no info on. ^_^

Please provide info on those shops.
    ~Lone

Ok, you guys are on the right track! However this idea could use some major tweaking and defining...

-- Traders should not be allowed into the underworld of the black market. It doesn't fit.

-- Give traders a wholesale warehouse of some kind.

-- The wholsale warehouse would not have the rare and illegal items that the black market does, but it will be cheaper than general stores and have a wider selection.

-- I REALLY hope you didnt put the blackmarket inside the general store like you did with the trade department.... The black market is suppose to be in an out of the way place, hidden... A good place would be in the slums of omni entertainment, in a hut that leads to a sewer or something.

-- The wholesale warehouse for the traders could be another department in the general store... Easier to get to, but again not as good as the black market.

-- The trader should be about getting things cheap, and having a large selection of general items. He is the best at making tradeskill items and pulling together suits of armor because of his cheap prices and wide selection.

-- The fixer should be all about getting rare and illegal items like the stigma rifle and possibly the freedom arms. Also they could have items from the enemy side, like clan or omni specific armor.

-- The black market should be made up of human vendors, just makes more RP sense.
    Last edited by Zeroshift; Feb 18th, 2002 at 18:37:51.

I would like to address the controvery I am sure we will have about the agent... Should he be able to infiltrate these class specific places?

Every class needs something to define them. The fixers get their blackmarkets, the engineers get their beacon warps... What do the agents get then? Well the agent has two class abilities, infiltration and stealing other classes special abilities (accually this is slowly being taking away from us as more classes complain).

Currently the agent can't "infiltrate" or do anyting spy-ish. I see the black market as a perfect roleplaying opportunity to implement this for the agent.

-- Place NPC guards in the black market. Allow the agents to sneak past these to gain access to the black market. Have different level NPC's for different levels of the black market.

-- The agent has to be in FP fixer to accually get into the market, then he has to sneak past the guards, THEN he can buy stuff.

Zeroshift - as far as I have experienced this is NOT the black market shop implemention. That part is still on the envisioned list.
    ~Lone

Agents should be able to shop. All you're doing is disguising yourself. It's not like it requires some "special" ability to disguise yourself and shop other than being sneaky, which agents are supposed to excel at doing.

Maybe it would make good RP sense to allow agent use if they can maybe pass some type of conceal vs discovery roll against the machine/NPC. If they pass, they're undetected and can purchase items. If they fail, they can't buy goods.

Just my thoughts on it anyway..

Originally posted by Zeroshift
    I would like to address the controvery I am sure we will have about the agent... Should he be able to infiltrate these class specific places?

Every class needs something to define them. The fixers get their blackmarkets, the engineers get their beacon warps... What do the agents get then? Well the agent has two class abilities, infiltration and stealing other classes special abilities (accually this is slowly being taking away from us as more classes complain).

Currently the agent can't "infiltrate" or do anyting spy-ish. I see the black market as a perfect roleplaying opportunity to implement this for the agent.

-- Place NPC guards in the black market. Allow the agents to sneak past these to gain access to the black market. Have different level NPC's for different levels of the black market.

-- The agent has to be in FP fixer to accually get into the market, then he has to sneak past the guards, THEN he can buy stuff.

Originally posted by Kubrick
    Zeroshift - as far as I have experienced this is NOT the black market shop implemention. That part is still on the envisioned list.
    How can you have both a black market and special shops for fixers?

WTF? If that is true then funcom has dropped their original vision and are taking the quick why out by dropping a fixer only shop in the general store.

Agent buying from that machine and if he fails the concealment it SIMPLY fails? Ow I can see that coming... Agents camping the machines... clickclickclickclickclickclick until they manage to buy... Why can't they get in TROUBLE instead?

If the agent should be more or less involved in the black market, I think it should be on a different branch: INFORMATION.
    When the agent will be able to really do his spy job and make it without being noticed (disguise, plain conceal or whatever), he can come back, get in contact with a fixer, and sell the information depending on how hot it is.

Angry Nobody knows...

Nobody knows if the Fixer stuff is on test or not. None of it has been found.

OTOH, the trader stuff is easily found. There's a Trader kiosk in every "specialty" shop limited to Traders of lvl 25+.

Either the Fixer stuff is not on Test, or is in the Smuggler's Den (which again, nobody has found) or is in some completely remote location.

Sounds crappy to me as a Fixer that any Trader can just go to the store in town while we have to travel to BFE (even if we find it).

Looks like another case of good idea... poor execution.
    Karetha (RK1 Fixer)
    Karetha - Clan Fixer (Test)
    HollyAnne (RK1 Adventurer and Deputy Sheriff of Tir County)
    HollyAnne - Clan Adventurer (Test)
    ====================
    Member of The Mockers Research & Development Dept.
    Founding member of The Mockers (Ides of March Crew)

Im on the fence about how Traders should relate to any blackmarket..

but the idea of a trader shop with 'wider selection'
    doesnt work because anybody can have an infinite
    selection just by finding an empty infrequently used
    shop and zoning in and out every 2 min when the
    inventory rotates/respawns.

could someone on test elaborate about what is sold
    in the trader kiosk?

Good idea for illegal stim:

NanoStims

Raise a particular NanoSkill for a short period of time.

Qlvl1 raises the skill by 1 point. Req's 20 Treatment. Lasts 15 seconds.

Qlvl200 raises the skill by 8 points. Req's 500 Treatment. Lasts 60 seconds.

How many times have you been just a point or two shy of using the next nanoformula? I know there are times I'd love to jab one of these things in my veins (or NCU) before starting a particularly tough fight. Maybe lets me dump my next nuke three or four times.

Fixer stuff as I envision it is items that will benefit a group so as to promote his participation in grouping. For example, (not to step on the 'crat. Only as an example), a stim that you could inject when you think you may die that reduces (not eliminates) esperience loss would be welcome.

Fixer items should go 'stale' (decay like the MP summoned weapons) if they aren't taken care of properly. Only the Fixer should know how to take care of them. Alternately, a 6-hr decay rate might be sufficient to prevent 'muling' of Fixer items and ensure that groups always want him around for a steady supply of his 'stuff'.

- The Fixer/Trader shops had better not be in the General Stores. The Fixer Shop should be in the middle of nowhere were their speed buffs keep them safe while others die.

- The sales had best be between NPC's (Like 'Eddie' in Last Ditch) and not 'dumb' shop terminals. The NPC's should check the level of the customer and refuse to do busines with those who haven't 'earned' their 'trust' (ie too low level).

YES

- The sales had best be between NPC's (Like 'Eddie' in Last Ditch) and not 'dumb' shop terminals. The NPC's should check the level of the customer and refuse to do busines with those who haven't 'earned' their 'trust' (ie too low level).

EXCELLENT IDEA... BUMP!!
    I feel i should be the one getting payed to play this game...

I hope it's not eddie as he seems to be getting whacked every 3 minutes as the lame ass neutral guards sit there and floss.

or has that stopped yet?
    Everybody needs an 808
    Everybody needs a 303

Seems to me the best way to allow only fixers to be able to gain access to the shop would be for it to be in the form of a nano that only the fixer can cast...to allow them to grid there directly. But to me this is the easy way out.

Or if funcom finally gets the fixer only grid looks done, then passage to the fixer domain would be possible only when certain grid views are available. The hidden entrance to the blackmarket would be reachable only from the grid view. Each new grid view would reveal a portal to the next QL range blackmarket shop. The only way to access a high QL blackmarket shop would be to actually have a high level fixer...since only fixers have the expertise with the grid to attain a new perspective of it(new grid views). Funcom did say that fixers would get three grid views did they not? Basic grid view=Basic black market shop. Advanced grid view=advanced black market shop. Superior grid view=superior blackmarket shop. Ya get the general idea. Now granted this is a bit ambitious but at least it would be a cool way to implement an out of the way place and it would be fixer only.

Originally posted by Graxxus
    Seems to me the best way to allow only fixers to be able to gain access to the shop would be for it to be in the form of a nano that only the fixer can cast...to allow them to grid there directly. But to me this is the easy way out.
    uh oh... someone said the 'N' word

please no nanos!
    dark blue skills! argh! dying of ip allocation death

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    Good idea for illegal stim:

NanoStims

Raise a particular NanoSkill for a short period of time.

Qlvl1 raises the skill by 1 point. Req's 20 Treatment. Lasts 15 seconds.

Qlvl200 raises the skill by 8 points. Req's 500 Treatment. Lasts 60 seconds.
    It should be First Aid skill, since it is

a) a stim and
    b)treatment has enough usage/reason to max it.
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

The stores require:

1. You must be a fixer. No false professions. EDIT: Sorry, just found out, it is VISUAL profession fixer actually. Damn agents.

2. There are level restrictions to keep mules from buying

3. 180 B&E skill for the current shop on test. I assume higher level shops will have higher reqs.
    Last edited by AnotherFixer; Feb 19th, 2002 at 16:57:59.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast