Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice un needed nerf

Nice un needed nerf

Both the mission and root nerfs are just plain unwarrented all this will do is piss people off. if you left those out this would be a decent patch(assuming everything works) but we all know half of it wont. ( I wonder what glitches will be introduced this time last time it was a buttload of visual bugs)

According to the test forums:

If u can self damage (e.g. cast a damage nano on yourself), you can break roots as normal.

The only XP you *don't* get when missioning a solo mission as a team is the XP reward when the mission is complete.

Creep.

Arrow Ummm...

In case you didn't know, using Bow Spec attack Inexperience (or whatever useless debuff) to break a root is an expliot.

By fixing this they are fixing an exploit.

But of course, roots are supposed to be worthless, so this must be a nerf.
    Making RK2 less safe for everyone...

Ours go to eleven!

When a mob roots you 2 seconds before it dies and you stand there for 10 minutes (yes im talking about high lvl roots) taking away a method to break that root is a nerf. If your in a fight and get rooted in all likelyhood the root will be broken by the mob fighing you and if you run out of health first you die(understandably).

Removing the ability to break roots this way after the mob is dead and gone is unessesarry and only serves to inconvenience the playerbase with no real exploit to smash. I have been nailed to the floor many times by these huge roots and for the longest time had no idea you could break them that way once I found out I was so relieved.. no more standing there like a statue while the group ran off and fought. Or just stood there in a solo mission like the buffy statue I have in my apartment.

As far as the exp completing a mission goes its such a small amount I have to wonder at the prioritys FC has even looking at it, give me a break this is not adding squat to the exp count doing missions and is a complete waste of FC devs time. In the missions I do 1 mob gives more exp than the shared exp for completing a mission. Give me a frickin break.
    Last edited by Serena; Feb 16th, 2002 at 04:22:29.

Ya add in a 40min slow to that. Wtf is the point?

But from what I read, your not gonna be able to use debuffs to break roots in combat. Does that mean they'll be a way to break roots AND slows once the fight is over? I remeber that FC said they weren't gonna fix this 'problem' until they provided another way to break roots but did not mention this in patch notes. A bit of feedback would be nice.

Oh and one request. Make the root breaker either a non-nano item/action or a general nano. If all classes don't have access to this ability solo play will be very annoying. And if you give all classes a profession specific ability, all agents (including myself) will have to buy many nanos and find room in our hotkeys for them. Not an easy task.

yea, it'll probably be an atrox MP only item, wouldn't want them to feel like they aren't getting enough attention

like the buffy statue I have in my apartment.
    OMG!

Buffy has got to be the worst drivel ever. Maybe 2nd only to Angel, but it's a toss-up between the two.

The appropriate fix for this is to have hostile nanos terminate when the mob that cast it (Or Player) dies. All games work this way, I always thought this was just another of many bugs in AO but unfortunately being that they are removing the ability to debuff to remove root and make no mention of fixing the bug of hostile nanos staying on you after the caster dies, well it sure does seem as if this is the intended way for them to work?

LOL Why on earth i will never understand.

I admit that these nanos are annoying, but terminating them after the mob dies seems unrealistic. The nanobots performing the function (root, dot, etc) are independant of the mob once they are cast.

As far as other games, which ones? Roots, dots, etc seem to hold in other games after the mob has died - at least games I've played.

If anything, roots should be more powerful, not nerfed, and the fix of the exploit of breaking roots with deubffs, is about time. Cause thats what it is, an exploit.
    NT phone HOME!!

Tzetze
    Heh I mean the one you find in game or can buy at the store. I think you are refering to tv shows?

Roots are rediculous now in high lvl hunts if they were any more powerfull you might as well log for the night because your certainly done hunting.

Geez, are you serious that roots last for upwards of 10 minutes and slowness lasts for 40 at high levels? Both of these are just ubsurd. I'm pissed when I have to wait a minute already for a root to break after the fight is over.

What is the point of these debuffs lasting so long? If you can't kill something in less than 2 minutes, than you shouldn't be fighting it. I just don't see how 10 minute roots and 40 minute slowness buffs were ever thought up as good ideas. Not only that but how many people really only have 2 hours to play a day? Who wants to spend a third of their time frustrated beyond belief?

I see this game turning into what AC has become over the years. Long lasting debuff Nanos will be a lazy way to "fix" balance issues amongst professions. If it becomes that way, the game gets to be more like work than fun when you reach higher levels (speaking from AC experience). Turbine (the developers of AC) finally wisened up and greatly reduced debuff times and gave everyone the ability to nullify a harmful spell (whether it be by gems or spells). Constant debuffs, while at first a challenge to overcome them, gets old very fast. If you to keep them in there, thats fine, but seriously reduce the duratio to a minute and give everyone that ability to break the harmful spell.

Garzu.... please...,,... I'm sure u know wat is our complain.

But please spare some thought for professions like ADVs who have no dots.

We just want to have something to cut down the senseless WAITING time after killing a mob who rooted us just before it died.

We do not want to rely on an exploit to be able to enjoy AO more instead of being forced to take long coffee breaks.

We are not asking for the effectiveness of root DURING combat to be reduced.

Originally posted by Serena
    As far as the exp completing a mission goes its such a small amount I have to wonder at the prioritys FC has even looking at it, give me a break this is not adding squat to the exp count doing missions and is a complete waste of FC devs time. In the missions I do 1 mob gives more exp than the shared exp for completing a mission. Give me a frickin break.
    Fixing this is fixing a powerleveling exploit.

Yes my friend gained his first three levels that way(after 2 which takes all of ? Three minutes?)

Teamed up with a friend, Who had gotten a mission way out somewhere with his guide mates. Then had the group engie beacon warp him out there. Whats the problem?

Well they were all lvl 120ish and after joining the team the other guy completed this mission, Woo 10000xp yea haw to them right?(when you need around 20 mil 10k is not that much)

But how about when your level 3?(3000xp to level)

See the problem?

Originally posted by Mr Bean
    Yes my friend gained his first three levels that way(after 2 which takes all of ? Three minutes?)

Teamed up with a friend, Who had gotten a mission way out somewhere with his guide mates. Then had the group engie beacon warp him out there. Whats the problem?

Well they were all lvl 120ish and after joining the team the other guy completed this mission, Woo 10000xp yea haw to them right?(when you need around 20 mil 10k is not that much)

But how about when your level 3?(3000xp to level)

See the problem?
    Be careful, posting the method for any exploit on the forums is a bad idea. (Even if the exploit is a no brainer)

Um..

Is the mis xp not covered by the whole "A player in your team is too high....." thing?

If not, then make the change - its a *big* hole.

If it is, then don't waste dev time on this when there are HUGE problems that need fixing first.
    Please allow me to introduce you to the voices:

The voices, the voices! Stop the voices!

The voices are played by, in order of appearance:

Gragoneye - loveable, hugable, with a fondness for violence!
    Servivious - bitter, twisted and a little unhinged..
    Blindhealer - just a little bit out of her depth!

Proud to be First Order!!

Originally posted by Garzu
    If anything, roots should be more powerful, not nerfed, and the fix of the exploit of breaking roots with deubffs, is about time. Cause thats what it is, an exploit.
    I just wish you'd finish that statement. Your last sentence should read:

Cause thats what it is, an exploit in PvP.

This is yet another "fix" that will degrade the game for the vast majority of players, while catering to a tiny minority of PvP folks. Thanks a lot guys.

Tell you what Garzu, if you're the last one here after everyone else leaves, make sure you turn out the lights, ok?

Unas

If funcom do come up with a way of sensibly breaking roots for ALL professions, then I hope they will also remember to give pet professions some way of breaking a root on their pets.
    Having to wait for your warbots root to wear off may be slightly less claustrophobic but equally annoying.
    If also heard that rooting an MPs pet roots the MP - I cant validate this as I dont have an MP - this just aint right (even if they are the most powerful prof in the game).

When will Epsilon purge be fixed?? - And how about making this a much lower lvl Doc buff - as it stands now it takes WAY too much IP to invest in (especially since it currently doesnt even work). How about making a range of Purges than purge different types of debuffs and have varying success based on lvl of purge and lvl of debuff on target.

If Epsilon purge EVER does work - please dont give me that 'doesnt work on this type of molecular structure' or whatever the message is when I cast it on someones pet.

Just as annoying to me as roots are Trader and MP debuffs... as a Doc, one Trader debuff or BioMet/T&S MP debuffs bj0rk all of my abilities for 2-3x as long as a root stops me. I must then sit there on my ass and wait for them to wear off before continuing, which is even more frustrating than a root.

I agree that most things should have a shorter time limit - there is NO NEED for a 10 minute root.

There is a clear discrepancy, however, between anti- and pro-root people. I would guess that this is based on profession and play style; anti-root people do a lot of PvM with ranged weapons and kill things. Their reasoning is that roots are just annoying to them and have no effect whatsoever. Most of the pro-root people are the classes that RELY on rooting things to live, in PvP or sometimes PvM, so any nerf in rooting ability bones them.

Roots in general give rise to exploits; the retreat and heal, root and nuke, etc have all been in place for a long time with roots.It is an inherent flaw and advantage rolled into one.

Melee people are just boned either way. :-p I have to carry low level ranged weapons through PvP areas just so that I don't look like a huge easy kill...
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast