Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Discuss: 13.8 Mission XP change

....... /me is baffled

Sad to say, I have missioned for the last 40 lvls, i dont know how much longer these padded walls of insanity can hold me There need to be more viable places to hunt in the other zones. Only problem there have been not an exorbitent (sp?) amount of places as well as many without save terms.

Only problem is, you make save terms everywhere, and then theres no need to feel "risk" while hunting in 25%, which will now negate fc's efforts for the "13.8 upcoming changes to pvp". So wheres the solution?

So, as i see it, to give us some "incentive" to stop doing missions and hunt:
    1) mission reward sharable xp will no longer be shared
    2) we will get a trophy for making some1 lose 10% of
    their lvl

I dont know about you guys, but a lvl for me now is 20 mil. 10% is 2 mil. I get p$%^#@ enough when a mob nukes me and i lose 2 mil (see my post in "13.8 MOB changes, two major ones") let alone another player ganking me for 2 mil because he thinks its funny and because he can. But on the other hand, all is fair, in love and war. Wouldnt be called war if we were nice to eachother.

My point is, is taking away our shared xp reward a fair way to give us "incentive" to take the risk to hunt in 25% zones?

food for thought..... (i posted in another forum)

Our xp reward, is not minor, for lvl 162, its ~720k xp, divided up its minor, but the only thing getting me through my leveling nightmare is my small token (only if its my mission) and my nice 120k at the end, in comparison yes, now it is comparable, as missions have been reduced in size to accomadate ppl who wanted smaller missions to solo for tokens (of which i agree) BUT, this change is premature, along with making the xp reward non-sharable as team missions are not fixed yet. "as we are gearing up...." yes gearing up, not ready for, so do not make the change, and imo at all. If team missions share tokens/xp reward, what does it matter if solo missions do or not?

And, "tokens will be worth more "points" ???huh???, what points? i only see the stats on my merit board, and the # of tokens i have. The problem is, now that ppl are so far into the game, making missions give more tokens, if that is what is meant, will absolutely "deface the value" if you will of tokens myself and other have had such a hard time working for. This would have been a solution earlier on. But again, i agree the current state smaller missions, does make this better, as tokens are easier to get, but not so easy as to devalue the ones obtained the hard way. I think some tweaking is still needed tho.

Considering how small the reward is in CZ's own words there really is no justification in wasting dev time doing anything. I mean come on I get more exp off of one mob than the mission completed in a team so I really don't care if its lost but its just a pointless waste of time. Why do you feel the need to keep messiong with mission exp.

Re: Discuss: 13.8 Mission XP change

Originally posted by Cz
    • Your team members will no longer share the experience gained as a reward when completing a single player mission. All experience gained from killing mobs will still be shared.
    Ya great, why do you even ask what we want most ? Team missions. Gaute even answered, that he saw the light and that the customers obviously wanted team missions...and what do you do ? Nerf solo missions for teams, where teams HAVE to play due to lack of content for high level play and non working team missions. Jeez, put in team missions first, then nerf, what a moronic change.
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

Re: Update

Originally posted by Cz
    It affects only the mission reward, which is generally minor compared to the XP gained from killing of the MOBs in the mission. Hence it should be no big change at all. Or am I completely mistaken? If so, let me know in a nice and civil manner, and explain it thoroughly, and preferrably only once, please. (Man, am I gonna hear it for that comment. )
    Ok, my 2 cents on this.
    If the mission is not your mission and you have run the entire thing then you diserve a "reward" for finishing it, just as the person that the mission belongs to. Speaking from the point of a high lvl game, 140+, the final reward can be significant, up to 400k per person with a 6 person team. This can be the equivalent of several mobs. The problem is that at certain levels, you just can't find good missions, they are either too easy and will not provide the xp that a high lvl team needs or they will be too hard (real means/aces) and the kills will be very slow with a much greater risk to the players. (this may have been helped with the removal of some mob nukes) Thus you have just a couple of ppl on the team able to pull "good" missions. They rest of us have no hope of a token or any sort of reward for the mission other than the clearing itself. This might not be so bad if the missions were still big enough to give you a couple mil xp, but as of 13.7 alot of the missions are much smaller. This is great for the guy getting the token and bad for the ppl who are just getting xp.

Please do not make this change until team missions are up functioning.
    O b i t u s Atrox Clan Enforcer My trade skill? Smackin' stuff till it cries! Obi's Rig
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

As small as change as this might be - it is uncalled and unasked for. Why?
    Do it when you implement team-missions the *right* way - then I have no more problems with it.

Question hrm..

Sometimes it would be nice to have an official word from Funcom stating why certain changes are made (although, if it's because something is being exploited, announcing that will just make others rush to exploit it too until the patch comes out).

My take is this: IF the return-item missions were (are?) being "exploited" by big groups splitting off to do their own return-item missions and all returning to the mission terminal to split the XP of 6 missions at once, maybe FC should make this "not splitting XP" change effective only for return item missions. Or is this really considered exploiting, since FC obviously allows this to take place by having return-item missions in the game at all? This isn't exploiting a "bug" per-se...

But then what about the people who don't exploit the missions, and the whole team really DOES do the mission and everyone deserves the XP when returning the item? Catch-22. Maybe remove the return-item missions entirely?

I'm not sure if this "small change" is really an appropriate way to deal with a problem. If this change truly *was* made because of exploiters, then you would think FC would be able to come up with a more viable solution which would not affect those of us who do not "exploit" the game.

Regards,

--Tsk

The only problem is, the xp-split exsploit is possible with *any* type mission, not just the item return one. And I'm betting that, unlike monster xp, mission reward xp isn't torched by having a over level character in the group (the instigator and finisher of the mission), its just that if this is the case, the return missions are the safest type for the freeriding lowbie characters.

Even if it isn't, all you need to do is all get missions in the same zone, and then *almost* finish them and wait for the rest of your team.

I'll have to test that today and report it if it is.

I dont see the big deal

... even if the reward is allowable to a player that would normally be too low of a level to party with the team, he is still limited by the 10% max xp he can get of his level.

So you are running a ql 90 mission for 9k of xp. you party with a level two when you get back to town... you get 4500 xp... he gets 130 ... big deal

keep it in the game till we have team missions.

You want a poll? How would that be?

I don't think we need a poll, just answer this question:

Do you want less xp in mission?

1) Yes.
    2) No.
    3) Don't know what xp is.

I think noone will answer no there, so you have your poll and let it stay.

It affects only the mission reward, which is generally minor compared to the XP gained from killing of the MOBs in the mission.
    Why even spend time on it if it's that MINOR?

Maybe it's me that are really stupid, but I don't understand how you think here, ofcourse we don't want to change so we get 100k-200k less xp in a mission

Don't "fix" anything that isn't broken
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

I do not want this to go into effect until Team Missions are working.
    There is no reason for a team NOT to share the XP.
    Again, until Team Missions are working, do NOT change this, as some missions you can get up to 200,000 XP. (Which is about 3 or 4 decent kills (Yes, it helps at higher levels when it takes 20+Million XP to level))

To reply to Azzazzimon 's onofficial poll: :)

Yes, I would like more XP doing missions, as it can take 10 or more missions to level later on...

Your not paying any attention. The reason single player mission xp is going to be removed is that you can level a lower level character *for no effort*. Do mission, almost finish it, team with the newbie your leveling, finish.. poof 10% of a level for them.
    It's just even more breakable with return missions.

With team missions, I'm willing to wager that you won't be able to get more keys after you accept the mission (If I was coding the things, I wouldn't allow it), or the keys will have the level restrictions that the teams themselves do (but I can see the other solution being more secure). This would prevent the above from happening.

Its a fact of life, give people a easy way out, and they'll take it.

Originally posted by Kuniama
    Your not paying any attention. The reason single player mission xp is going to be removed is that you can level a lower level character *for no effort*. Do mission, almost finish it, team with the newbie your leveling, finish.. poof 10% of a level for them.

With team missions, I'm willing to wager that you won't be able to get more keys after you accept the mission (If I was coding the things, I wouldn't allow it), or the keys will have the level restrictions that the teams themselves do (but I can see the other solution being more secure). This would prevent the above from happening.

Its a fact of life, give people a easy way out, and they'll take it.
    They should fix so the lower character don't get xp, not nerf xp for everyone.

and who gain on that, I need to do 10 missions with my main cuz the lower lvl character only get 10% of lvl, 10 missions takes much longer time with my lvl 169 MP (my MA can't even solo 10 missions in a day) than it would take to lvl a lvl 100 character....

I guess it's maybe good at lower lvl, but it's so fast to lvl at low lvl anyway so I don't really a problem with it
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

Oh and btw, If i get a mission for 1 mil exp and bring a lvl 5 newbie with me. At the end where he should get a 500k exp reward...it never happens(anymore..).

So it's not a fix for that, cuz it has been fixed a long time ago

Gee, here's an idea for Funcom.

You know what happens when a lvl 150 character teams with a lvl 5 character and they kill a mob? Gee, the lvl 5 character gets no experience.

The same should happen with experience from completing missions. If someone in your team is 'too low' to team with you and get xp from killing monsters, they shouldn't get xp when a mission is finished.

--Tsk

Hmmm this wouldnt be a problem if the team missions actually WORKED or were going to in the forseeable future. Missions are hard enough as it is on your own. MUCH harder then they should be might i add. And this removes yet MORE of the incentive for getting a team together. Until team missions work LEAVE EM ALONE. You can change em when team missions work.

Addendum
    AND as has been stated the amount of xp you get in a mission is PALTRY for the amount of work you have to do to acheive it.
    Last edited by Lazerus; Feb 24th, 2002 at 21:58:42.

Think it through people. Yeesh. Ok, *forget* that your dragging along lower level players. Lets say everyone involved is exactly the same level. Now I come along with a pile of money and say to 10 other people "I'm going to go do a mission, I want each of you to go out and nearly finish a mission for max xp. Before you do however, come back here and team with me. If you do I'll give you (x amount of money attractive for the level of the player, sexual favors, what the heck ever it takes)." Now they all run off and so do I. At the end of it they each get 1/2 a xp reward plus cash and prizes. *I* get 6 missions worth of xp (.5 xp for each of thiers and the full one for mine) in one mission's worth of time, and I'm out stuff I didn't give a damn about anyway and can re-earn faster at higher levels (assuming I don't just have a higher level suger-daddy character bankrolling this one).

*This* is why that xp for non-team missions shouldn't be split. And why that team mission keys should not be duplicatable once given out to the team (NoDrop and Unique to boot)

Think it through people. Yeesh. Ok, *forget* that your dragging along lower level players. Lets say everyone involved is exactly the same level. Now I come along with a pile of money and say to 10 other people "I'm going to go do a mission, I want each of you to go out and nearly finish a mission for max xp. Before you do however, come back here and team with me. If you do I'll give you (x amount of money attractive for the level of the player, sexual favors, what the heck ever it takes)." Now they all run off and so do I. At the end of it they each get 1/2 a xp reward plus cash and prizes. *I* get 6 missions worth of xp (.5 xp for each of thiers and the full one for mine) in one mission's worth of time, and I'm out stuff I didn't give a damn about anyway and can re-earn faster at higher levels (assuming I don't just have a higher level suger-daddy character bankrolling this one).

*This* is why that xp for non-team missions shouldn't be split. And why that team mission keys should not be duplicatable once given out to the team (NoDrop and Unique to boot)
    To do this, you would need to take return item missions and return item missions give you alot lower xp (I think I get about 1mill for a "normal" mission and around 600k for a return item mission) If you need to follow them to every mission it takes alot longer time.

I think very few people are willing to go and do a mission and just "give" away the xp in the end. Only at low lvl money is worth something.

I can't really see this as a problem, 10 people lvl 1/3 as fast(cuz of lower xp for return mission) and 1 abit faster.
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

Um... Before I go screaming YAY! or NAY!... What does this mean?

If a team run a mission for 300k xp, will everyone recieve 300k xp instead of sharing it to all the players so they'd get 50k xp each, or is it so only the buyer of the mission recieve the xp?

Im a bit confuzed on this one
    ..:Dark "Xephiroth" Scorus:..
    ..:
    124 NanoMage - Nanotechnican:..

..:Zerohelth:..
    ..:
    57 Atrox - Enforcer:..

..:Vlados:..
    ..:
    32 Opifex - Shade:..

..:
    Ignorance is bliss:..

so Let me understand. If I take a mission that offers a 500k exp award at the end and I finish it with a team I get ALL 500k?

Should cause some interesting debates on who's mission to run

Please leave things the way they are or fix team missions to avoid petty arguments

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast