Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Discuss: 13.8 Mission XP change

Post Discuss: 13.8 Mission XP change

• Your team members will no longer share the experience gained as a reward when completing a single player mission. All experience gained from killing mobs will still be shared.

I dont understand why funcom felt the need to change this, why was it a bad thing that team members got xp?

Why in the world would you do this? It's not as if this is a huge xp hit. In a level 190ish mission, the xp split is like 50kish or so ... equivalent to one mob.

Will you also stop the credit split among the team if it's a "money" mission?

Gimme 15 minutes, and I'll try add a poll to this thread on whether this is good or bad.

If team missions will be fixed....

If the team mission terminal is actually going to work this patch. Including team tokens, team rewards, and team oriented mission zones then I say this is a great idea. However, if the team mission terminals are still inoperable, then why are you even bothering to do this?

I'm guessing that people were teaming, then splitting off to do their own 'find and return item' mission, then reconvening to return the items and share the XP. I could see nerfing this when you could each go get three items. But now that you can only get one, I wonder if the practice is widespread enough to justify it?

Scorus

yay! theres going to be a poll.
    when it goes up, before I vote I would love to hear from someone who is going to vote that it is a good thing.

if it is being considered being brought into the game then there must be a reason, a benifit that I have missed.

I would love to weight that up against the downside. I just cant see the upside yet

thanks

Exclamation Update

Not going to run a poll just yet, as that means I have to start trashing in the settings for this forum. I do get that this is seen as an unnecessary change though, so I'll give you a short update on the change.

It affects only the mission reward, which is generally minor compared to the XP gained from killing of the MOBs in the mission. Hence it should be no big change at all. Or am I completely mistaken? If so, let me know in a nice and civil manner, and explain it thoroughly, and preferrably only once, please. (Man, am I gonna hear it for that comment. )

It is being done now to make single player missions work as they were originally meant to, and as a part of the preparation for implemeting full fledged team missions.

I hope this helps. I think the issue will be brought up at the patch meeting tomorrow, but we (currently) consider it such a minor change that we don't want to pull it, even though it might be seen as a nerf.

Cz

This is just speculating, but since they reduced mission xp rewards because of people doing return item missions and earning lots of xp for "free", maybe this means they will once again increase the xp reward from solo missions?

More likely they were doing 190 missions then splitting off back to tir to team with level 5 players and split exp =]

I have no problem with this, the xp loss is minor and it stops twinking a bit

And I think it's great in the view of team missions!

So I say go!
    Dhur the Ninja Pirate NT!

Re: Update

Originally posted by Cz
    It is being done now to make single player missions work as they were originally meant to, and as a part of the preparation for implemeting full fledged team missions.

I hope this helps. I think the issue will be brought up at the patch meeting tomorrow, but we (currently) consider it such a minor change that we don't want to pull it, even though it might be seen as a nerf.

Cz
    thanks, thats all I needed to hear
    I just could see that there was a reason for such a minor change.
    and preparation towards team missions comming into the game can only be a good thing in my book

Well

Let say it in this words:

Deleting an option to gain XP - as tiny as it might be - before replacing it without the proper alternative - which for sure will not make it into 13.8, or? - isn't 'nice' nor obvious.

I am still glad to get a small XP bonus from a mission I solved with my friends. The ammount you usually get is in the range of an extra kill - is this really necessary?

So long,

Max(imilian)

P.S. Looks like another way to slow down leveling, although ridiculous approach.
    100% curious

Originally posted by Cz
    I agree that it is a minor change, but it seems to me that it should be saved for the patch where team missions are implemented. Right now individual missions ARE team missions...

Scorus

Originally posted by Cz
    It affects only the mission reward, which is generally minor compared to the XP gained from killing of the MOBs in the mission. Hence it should be no big change at all. Or am I completely mistaken? If so, let me know in a nice and civil manner, and explain it thoroughly, and preferrably only once, please. (Man, am I gonna hear it for that comment. )
    Cz
    Can you please wait with this change to the team missions actually work? The xp in the end is a nice bonus in the end. Usually like around killing 2-3 additional mobs in the mission. And it do matter a lot for me. I do xp-missions and not cash-missions for this reward alone.
    ~Lone

Unhappy Bad timing!

I have a few comments, some of which echo what other people are saying, so I will keep them brief.

- Don't remove any features of single person missions before giving us team missions.
    - You are continuing to make missions harder without increasing the reward, and now you are reducing the reward. I believe in the whole risk vs. reward philosophy .. but this change makes a mockery of it.
    - History tells us that any change you make to the source code, however minor, has the potential to introduce more bugs. Is it worth the risk?
    - Funcom could benefit from better public relations. I think all would agree that the XP reward for a mission is minimal at best, but removing this is perceived as a negative by your player base. There is no advantage to remove it .. doing so will only serve to sour your user base a little more. It is not creating an imballance in the game.

So if its not causing ballance problems, and single missions are being used as team missions by players, and removing this feature has the potential to destabilize the code related to mission rewards (which are the life-blood of the players), and it will likely enrage a small portion of the player community that feels that Funcom is trying to keep them from getting to the next level, ... then why do it?

- Szentasha / Unity of the Rose.

What's the big deal?

The change means absolutely nothing! You lose only the shared xp from killing one single mob, so I don't see why this remotely interesting to argue over.

My guess is that it is simply implemented because it was exploited somehow or needs to be changed to prepare for the proper function of team missions.

I don't care, doesn't effect me...

Wait, now that I think of it... I would like an option that allows the cash and XP reward to be divided between all players.

Maybe a text command like the loot settings.

Re: What's the big deal?

Originally posted by Banjosammy
    The change means absolutely nothing! You lose only the shared xp from killing one single mob, so I don't see why this remotely interesting to argue over.

My guess is that it is simply implemented because it was exploited somehow or needs to be changed to prepare for the proper function of team missions.
    I get 100k+ XP-bonus with a team. Thats more than 2mobs. So it DO matter.
    ~Lone

Originally posted by Cz

Cz
    If it is the way individual missions were meant, will you also remove the sharing of credits at mission completion?

If it is "no big deal" then why do it at all? Who is it "no big deal" to? To some it's not, to others it's a nice little (and yes it is little) bonus at the end of a couple hours' hard work collaborating.

I agree with those who say take this out WHEN team missions are working. If there is no urgency (i.e., no big deal) why leave a functionality gap? That's just poor customer relations. Take it out when you have an adequate replacement for it ... such as Team Missions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast