Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Discuss: 13.8 Token changes

Arnulf,

Seriously read ALL my posts on this thread, not just one. The play my style and get it.. line is so far off base. Read, think, then reply.

BTW, numbers don't justify fair vs. unfair, that is too basic too explain, I hope.
    "So shines a good deed in a weary world."

Well, i'm glad the token rules changed.

I like to hunt and do missions in team, which from the clan/omni leaders should be rewarded same as doing missions solo. Still YOU will get more tokens then I will, hobbes.

I will still huntoutdoors, and get occasionally a special token for killing omni's. But you will get like 4-6 tokens a mission...

Isn't it logic that a lvl 80ish player gets more tokens for completing a mission than a lvl 1-15 player? This was a VERY good change for the WHOLE game... Even you will start to like it!

No, like me he will not start to like it.
    Like me he feels that this game should require a little effort.
    After putting a lot of hours into this game, taking the solo mission route we have found our efforts devalued.
    Those people too lazy to do missions before this change will now get the benefit of something they may never have had.
    Those people that wanted to level as fast as possible can now also get the benefits of something they may never have had.

The ONLY people who like this change are:

1. Fast levellers
    2. Lazy People

But RedSonja, it is very hard. I only got 4 tokens for running a 25% cave mission with 15 rooms. And only 1 additional token from this really nasty grey mob. I had to hit it at least twice. At this rate it will be Wednesday before the 1000 token board.

Really folks, I understand how people would like the system. The way it was implemented was quite boring. This new systeem would have been fine at launch and the number of tokens to achieve certain status levels could have been adjusted. The exploiters would still have the elite board, that would be no different.

The problem is the wasted months spent for devalued tokens. The change came after an inappropriate delay (6 months or so). I will shut up totally and call it fair if Funcom gives me 30 levels worth of IP. Oh, got to go, want to logon and check.

I like it. Soloing is a nice (and needed) ability, but this is a Multi-player game.

Now I can actually achieve the 1k board woot!

Originally posted by RedSonja
    No, like me he will not start to like it.
    Like me he feels that this game should require a little effort.
    After putting a lot of hours into this game, taking the solo mission route we have found our efforts devalued.
    Those people too lazy to do missions before this change will now get the benefit of something they may never have had.
    Those people that wanted to level as fast as possible can now also get the benefits of something they may never have had.

The ONLY people who like this change are:

1. Fast levellers
    2. Lazy People
    I have done missions for 70 lvls, nothing else, problem is I like to team with people to do missions, now if I pick 1/6 of all missions you can say that I get 1 token/ mission (I get 7 tokens) and that not fair?

The ONLY people who don't like this change are:

1. People that exploited to get the 1k board
    2. People that terminated at lvl 6 for afew months (and most of these stopped before they got 1k tokens anyway so they probably like it)
    3. People that rather play alone than being social, joking with friends and want to play together with others.

It's a multiplayer game, you shouldn't be punished for playing together with others.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Okay hobbes, one last time, I really got enough of this discussion.
    Fair and unfair, well, there have been a billion changes being unfair for the one or the other but making the game better for the majority. This is one of it. I feel sorry that you belong to those that are not benefited by the change, but you belong to a complete minority. If you had shouted as loud as here when all the other nerfs came into effect (and there were a ton of them) that didn´t effect you directly your point would get a little more credibility, but like this it is just like "Hey screw all others as long as i get what is good for me". The fact is that this change was appreciated by most players. Which makes it a good change. If you do not like it leave or learn to live with it. Funcom will never be able to make a game that fits all playerstyles and attitudes. If this one has ended it to fit yours find yourself one that is more fun for you. I for example like playing solo style in DAoC very much.

And bye the way I have read all your posts about this theme here and in the Enforcer boards. You seem to like to believe that all that are of a different opinion than yours are brainless Idiots. Well maybe I am but talking about being "adult" like you did so often leaves a bitter taste when you post sentences like:

"Seriously read ALL my posts on this thread, not just one. The play my style and get it.. line is so far off base. Read, think, then reply. "

As we were discussing this theme over several pages, a statement like this makes me believe I am talking to someone that is exactly what he loves to state others to be. A Me-Me Kiddie.
    Me is Arnulf. Nuff said.

to be blunt the token change was probably the worst move funcom has ever made. Now it takes only a few days to get your 1k token board.

I worked on my token board for 3 months to get my 400 board now i log in and my 400 board is one of the lowest out there. people farming tokens in 0% missions getting outrageous numbers of tokens for doing nothing.

When they said they were changing the token system i thought they meant something like 2 tokens for missions over 100 and 3 tokens for missions over lvl 150. Not 5 tokens for lvl 60 missions when your over lvl 100.

DUMB DUMB DUMB
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

Arnulf,

That particular line you quoted was not my best work. Here's why.

I felt compelled to answer and composed a well formed reply. Just before posting, the entire thing was eaten. I just didn't have it in me to redo it, but I was frustrated with that particular line in your post, as it made me feel you had totally missed my point.

But, I think my response in the Enforcer section was more representative of my work.

BTW, I have an adventurer, so I know about being nerfed. I think it was 12.6 or so that castrated him.

Also, I started a post offering sympathy for the MA's who initially took it hard on this one. I have never posted a thread griefing the success of another profession or ever recommend that any profession be nerfed. I have posted on grid camping which was total crap. I have voiced my annoyance at this "meow" stuff, whatever that's about.

I really try to be all about equity.

If a armored car carrying 1000000 dollars dropped all the money in the poor part of town and many locals scooped it up. Would you think that making all these people happy was good, as only 1 person lost some money?

Hey, he probably, stole that money, anyway. No, actually, I earned it the hard way.

So happy/sad is different from fair/unfair

Finally, do you really think that I am a "me-me kid", no, you are responding in anger over that "read, think respond" line. Or did I say stop, drop and roll or I know you are but what am I. As I said, I was irritated by that line I quoted but had no gas left in the old tank to rebut you eloquently.

Originally posted by KrazyKanuck
    to be blunt the token change was probably the worst move funcom has ever made. Now it takes only a few days to get your 1k token board.

I worked on my token board for 3 months to get my 400 board now i log in and my 400 board is one of the lowest out there. people farming tokens in 0% missions getting outrageous numbers of tokens for doing nothing.

When they said they were changing the token system i thought they meant something like 2 tokens for missions over 100 and 3 tokens for missions over lvl 150. Not 5 tokens for lvl 60 missions when your over lvl 100.

DUMB DUMB DUMB
    It's still same rules for getting a token, so you can't do it in to easy missions cuz to many greys.

50% and higher probably always work, 40% missions work sometimes for me, so easiest mission I can do is ql153 and then I maybe get a token.
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

First off, I gotta say they went over the top. Over 100 tokens in 5 levels?(89-94). That's just crazy. My opinion, mission tokens shold be left about same, but awarding of tokens for sided mobs is good, and should be based on mob level relative to player. This means no tokens for greys. Oh, and missions should have at least SOMETHING green in them to give a token.

awarding of tokens for sided mobs is good
    i still dont understand what tokens for sided mobs means? could u help clarify that for me

-breaku

Love the changes More, please! Especially the bravery tokens.

BTW - you realize it's only the selfish bastages and token farmers (who already have theirs) who don't want lower level characters to benefit. The rest of us like the new progression.

Thanks again, Funcom -
    "Life is too short to drink bad ale."

Cub:

Once in a rare while you will find a human mob in a mission that has a token in their inventory. It's a "bravery" token but works just like the others.
    "Life is too short to drink bad ale."

Paldorr thanks for the info!! ~ i have yet to see one of these, probably cause i do my missions with teams. They probably just loot my dam token and don't say anything . hehe j/k

well thanks paldorr ill keep my eyes peeled out. wonder if they also give 6 tokens or so, or just one?

so long,
    breaku

Cub,

I ran a 25% mission in Newland desert. I got 1 token from a grey mob and 4 for the mission.

Arnulfo,

It does not matter how many times I post that the mid-range people (300-600) who have collected tokens as a consequence of their gameplay, rather than as a goal of their gameplay that were hurt.

People like Palddor just pop up in the thread saying "me likee, you all just token farmers". It is so frustrating do deal with. As I have said before, I can deal with a nerf, but it is this attitude of players like Paldorr, that has really dismayed me more than the nerf itself.

And Azzazzimons post later, it doesn't matter what you say, they just repeat the same nonssense over and over.You must see how I feel they aren't reading prior threads or at least understanding them. Very dismaying.
    Last edited by hobbes; Mar 5th, 2002 at 09:28:25.

I too can argue until I'm blue in the face, the problem is people just DO NOT get why we are so against this change.
    They live in their little bubble, more tokens, then they too can get a 1000 token board.
    I am still amazed at Funcom's tag line (Please don't consider this a devaluation of current tokens).
    I'm sorry but anybody with even the slightest understanding of economics will tell you that once you flood a market with something then that product's value goes down.

This game is designed to be played however you see fit.
    I'm sorry, but all you people sitting back telling me "This is a multiplayer game, so tough" are incorrect.
    This is an on-line game, I am not forced to play it as a multi-player game.
    I'm in the UK and the great majority of friends I've made through this game are in the US, this means that a lot of the time I do find that I am on-line when they are not, so I run some missions.

This change has ONLY benefitted one play style, that was the "Must level as fast as I can" crowd.
    Everybody knew that at higher levels tokens were not easy to get, however they weighed this up and decided to level instead of consentrating on tokens.
    So, whilst I took a much slower route to my current Level 97 (BTW I was here on launch day, so I could now be a lot higher) others raced off and as we have seen some of them even made it to Level 200.

I noticed the values of tokens from an early level, I weighed up the pro's and con's, decided I was going to be here at least a year, so I would take the slower route to Level 200 but get my 1000 tokens on the way, rather than having it a lot more difficult and collect tokens once I was at that hgiher level.

With this change I have literally wasted those months since the release of the game.
    I could have rushed off and levelled as fast as I could too, who knows I too might now be Level 200.
    The current token system is flawed at so many levels, silly amounts of tokens for very easy missions.
    Don't you see, soon EVERYBODY will have the 1000 token board.
    No I am not sitting here all high and mighty and saying you shouldn't be able to get that board if you are a high level player.
    EVERYBODY has a right to attempt to earn that reward and all the advantages it gives.
    However you choose your route to that board, level first, board second.
    I choose my route, board first, level as I go.
    I am now receiving a big kick in the teeth for choosing my route as it has actually put me at a disadvantage.

There are already so few challenges in the game.
    Special loot - No thanks, I don't have the patience to camp a particular playfield for hours on end in the hope I might get chance to kill one of the bosses.
    Level 200 - I'll get there eventually, the only true challenge.
    Wearing all that QL200 Armour - I'll get there eventually, but due to over-equipping a lot of people do that at low levels.
    Using those QL200 Weapons - As above
    Tokens - Was a challenge and now isn't.

Paldorr:
    Your attitude sucks, you tell me this is a multi-player game yet you are thinking about your self.
    As I said above, I want everybody to benefit from the 1000 token board, but only if you have earnt it, spending a week doing 25% missions is certainly not earning it.

Azzazzimon:
    Nobody is saying you should be punished from working as a team.
    You aren't.
    You get the opportunity to earn XP faster and to level quicker, there are your advantages for working in a team.
    Your 3 examples of the ONLY people who don't like this change, well I certainly don't fit into any of those.
    I'm certainly not an exploiter, the one and only exploit I found in the game I reported at once and actually got a GM to adjust my bank balance back to what it should have been.
    I certainly didn't terminate at Level 6, in fact I think I've only used Terminate 4 times int he game, every time because I was stuck.
    I also don't just play this game alone, however if I wanted to that would be my choice.

Redsonja,

If not for your articulate and logical posts I surely would have gone mad by now. Thanks.

All we can do is hope someone at Funcom is enlightened.
    Last edited by hobbes; Mar 5th, 2002 at 09:19:36.

This change has ONLY benefitted one play style, that was the "Must level as fast as I can" crowd.
    The old way ONLY benefitted the ones that wanted to play as slow as possible and only get tokens.

The way it is now benefit EVERYONE except the very few that did token farming before or leveled really slow soloing missions.

Sorry for saying it but your post only sounds like a whine that you still are low lvl and don't want anyone else too have the 1k token board.

I can agree that the number of tokens I get now is maybe abit to high, but I don't really think you understand how big a ql170 mission is and how long time it takes to clear it.

If I do a normal 50% mission in Broken Shores it usually takes ATLEAST 1 hour to solo, often more.

When I did a mission at lvl 6 it took me 5 min to do a mission and afew min to pick so I could get 6-8 tokens/hour(I started a character afew weeks ago and did this, West Athen only picked missions really close) and now I get 7 tokens/ hour.

So I don't get tokens faster than the way MOST people farmed tokens before.

I'm certainly not an exploiter, the one and only exploit I found in the game I reported at once and actually got a GM to adjust my bank balance back to what it should have been.
    Didn't mean that you or anyone else in this thread were exploiting, but many people did this, duped tokens, traded nodrop and diffrent things.
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

Cub

If I recall correctly, patch text says that in addition to increasing number of tokens per mission, game will award player for killing 'sided' opponents. Many human NPCs have 'clan' or 'OT' in their name. If you are Omni, killing a number on 'clan' NPCs will result in token reward. This means that missions are no longer only way to get tokens.

Well, I mostly solo missions, and so far, my token collection progress in stride with leveling (125 around 50, and as went over 90, I was cresting 400, and expected to get to 500 by around 110.)

Personally, it is about achievment. A 1000 token board was an achievement, awarded for 'outstanding service'. It is not an achievment any longer. Giving EQ analogy, they turned an epic quest into mail delivery.

Awarding tokens for killing enemies of your faction is good. Grab some friends, head to enemy territories, spend couple hours blowing away clan/omni mobs, everyone comes away 5-10 tokens richer.
    Awarding tokens for deep gray missions is dead wrong IMO.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast