Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Discuss: 13.8 Token changes

Originally posted by Zeroshift
    10 level 200's is far too much IMO for a game only 6 months old.

It took tim the enchantor 2.5 years playing non stop and getting mass exp from his vassels to reach the level cap. It has yet to be achieved by anyone else.

THAT is how the 1000 token board should be.
    ah...there are about a dozen level 126s in AC now..where have you been? Since the advent of the exp-chain, if you get 3-4 of these chains under you, you can get 20 Million a day easy just by having 6 people level up to about level 90 with combat macros. It use to be a challenge until people figured out the way to get there.

Just because we have about 8-12 level 200s in AO now doesn't mean much except that team exp has worked in AO since day one. Fellowship exp wasn't fixed in AC until it was out for about 20 months. Until then you had to fellowship with someone your level in order to get the same exp for a kill (split even). So fellowships (teams) have only been viable in AC for about 4-6 months.

Apples and oranges.

Absolutely. Leveling isn't too fast in AO; it's too SLOW. It isn't AC and it isn't UO - where you can max out in a week. I've been playing since beta (both AC & AO) and they are both just fine.

One of the things I really liked about AO was that I could level at a better rate than in other games (still way, way, too slow for a solo casual player). I like the change.

I like it a lot.
    "Life is too short to drink bad ale."

This is a great idea. Just make sure that the amount of points one gets is linked to both level and mission diff. I don't want to see twinked low level characters farming tokens faster than they already are.

I have heard the complaint many times that people are leveling too quickly in this game. Well that happens in all these types of games. I powerlvled a Monk to mid 40s in 3 weeks of light play in EQ. In EQ that is considered slow amoung good powerlvler who can get to 50s in 2 weeks or so. Just because you get to the max level doesn't mean your at the end of the game. For these games its just the beginning. Most of the good content( big dungeons and powerful items) are reserved for those in the top 15%. AO is a little short in high end content but that will surely change. Also in a year or so they will most likely increase the level cap. So don't worry too much about reaching the max level you could always start an ALT, RP, help out guild mates.

Just add a 2500 and 5000 token board award and your legendary achievement is back in the game. All this fine change does is devalue the work that the pharmers and exploiters engaged in. Fine with me.

If you earned your 1000 tokens legitemately, you still get to keep them. No problem there.

It's now possible to get the board without pharming. Fine with me.

I just hope they add higher level boards to put some of the 'special' back in the boards. The 1000-token board has been 'tainted' by the poor sports. I think with the current rules (no guaranteed token awards) and loophole fixes (no more trading tokens, etc.), that anybody who gets the 5000-token board should be really proud or institutionalized.

I think the change is great assuming they add more awards above the 1000 board to provide goals past the currently 'soiled' top reward.

EDIT: How many people hear '1000 Token Board' and don't immediately think 'cheater'? That's what I mean by 'soiled'. This must be fixed.

My question is: exactly how many points will each token be worth? Are we looking at one point per lvl of the mission (very bad idea)? Every ten lvls? Seems like, to me, the most sense would be in giving one extra point per title level of the character. This means from lvl 1-14, you get one point per token, 15-49 gets 2 points per token, 50-99 gets 3, etc. This way, the maximum number of points you could ever get from a token is 6 (lvl 150-200), meaning that, if you waited until lvl 150 to start doing missions, you would still have to do 167 missions to get the 1000 token board. Seems to me that this scheme would stop "token farming" at the lower lvls and give the lvl 100+ characters something to do, since they keep posting that the game is "incredibly boring" at lvl 100+. I don't think that giving a few extra points per token will "cheapen" our achievements either. At lvl 86, I'm very proud of my 80 or so tokens, and getting more from now on isn't going to change that. Even if I waited until lvl 150 to do another mission (at 6 points per token), I would still have to do over 150 more missions, which is no small achievement as you who have done it know. It is rapidly becoming apparent to me that Funcom wants us all to be trapped in an endless cycle of mission after mission, stopping every once in awhile to sell mission loot and maybe kill another player before returning to our dutiful service to our faction. Funcom continues to "nerf" (pronounced "**** over") the outside world by decreasing the monster population and turning the decent hunting spots into PvP zones. I say, if we're all going to be stuck in missions for the rest of time, they might as well give us a decent reward for it.

Karanah, 86 Clan Crat, RK-1
    Executive, Black Orchid

5000 token board is a bad idea. The same thing will happen again... people will ***** that it's impossible to ever get without token farming and they will increase the number of tokens you get even more.

Thumbs down FC u know this new way zuckz leave the board as it is...:)

FC u know this new way zuckz leave the board as it is...

The two main problems

The two main problems with the system:

1. Players were able to (in the past<-- important note) both duplicate tokens and trade tokens between characters. Some players could get 1000 tokens in two days. A lvl75 character in July would have 50 little lvl10 characters getting tokens for him for what appeared to those lowbies to be a lot of money. The 1000 token board was something that was supposed to take YEARS to get if ever. It was to be a MONUMENTAL achievement.

The fact that most of the 1000 token boards were gotten in weeks instead of years really puts a stink on the owner. This is true even if they managed to get them over the course of 200 levels worth of missions. A new clean goal to shoot for is desireable. It should be noted that nobody is expected to reach this goal until well after the first 4-year story is completed.

Without duping and trading, a 5000 token board owner must be respected for persistence or focused insanity. Either way, they can't be labeled cheaters.

2. After lvl 10 it becomes geometrically more difficult to earn tokens at the same pace as the level before. The missions become harder and the reward becomes proportionately less. The proposed fix addresses this as well. Assuming a lvl200 mission gives 5 token 'points', then the dream of the ultimate token board is given back to the player without a stain on it anymore.

The 5000 token board works out to about 3 straight years (1000 nights) of 5 token 'points' a night. At least now, that lvl200 mission will get you 5 tokens. That's a good night's work. The reality would be more like 4 or 5 years which in my opinion is not too long for the ultimate Clan or Omni reward.

I likewise propose a 2500 token board to keep things interesting. Two years or so to earn a 2500 token board sounds about right with the new easier-to-get tokens.

If you don't want the ultimate boards, then enjoy the game like a normal person. I would never attempt such a feet. But, I'd sure have more respect for the person who got the 5000 board first than anybody with a 1000 board now.

I think the change is very good. I have been playing since retail and have like 200 or so tokens and done a steady diet of missions. I know of only 1 person in this game who has legitimately earned her 1000 token board through farming. That is Dasilva. All of the other people i know who have the 1k board(many people) who are fairly high level did not farm( that i know of). So basically the only people who are upset about this are the people who receved their boards in a less than scrupulous manner...so oh well the advantage will be gone. I look forward to doing another 150 or so missions to get my 1k board when this happens. As this is achievable before i hit 200 and 750 missions would be impossible before i hit 200 unless i term alot.

I have to agree im all for this change.It gives those that dont have countless hours to run missions and opportunity to get a few more tokens.As the game is right now at higher lvls gathering tokens becomes extremely difficult and many classes even have problems soloing missions to get tokens.This change will reward people a bit more for taking the time out to tough it trough those missions.

Of course you will always have people that complain that it dillutes there effort.While in reality very few people have high high token boards and many just have pretty much given up on getting more tokens.There will always be people any time you make a change that will get mad because they once had the biggest dump truck in the sand box and now jonny has one .Billy wil run home and cry to his mother that Jonny now has the same dump truck he has and its not fair.Everyone should have a chance at getting tokens at a high lvl without having to devote an overly extreme amount of time doing so.

The moral of the story is yes a high lvl token board should mean something but it should not be overly difficult as it is now.For some reason people exaggerate they say this change will come in and everyone will be running around with 1k token boards. This wont be the case.It will just make gathering tokens a bit easier and and actually make the goal of 1k tokens realistic.

I for one am looking foward to the change and i think many others would agree.People want fun realistic goals not mind numbing boring token farming for countless hours.

Post More tokens is great!

Hi,

Im lvl 84 now carrying 106 (or so) tokens. I havent been token farming, but I have done more missions than I actually would want to, because of tokens. I have almost soloed my way to lvl 84, especially from lvl 45+. What is going to happen now, or would have, is that my goal now is 120 tokens... after that forget it. Whats the next merit? 300? Not on your life!
    Missions are getting waaayy bigger by the minute, and tokens crawl in once a day. But, if you get more tokens for bigger missions (maybe just one for the little ten-mob-missions?), that would be really great and wouldnt delute anything!

Really, think about it, missions get harder and bigger, rewards get bigger, xp gets bigger, money increase... why shouldnt tokens?
    Gengjin 200 ma clan RK1
    Warpus 77 engi clan RK1
    Hottendot 55 doc clan RK1
    Neurosilence 91 NT clan RK1
    Noonie 46 fixer RK1

Yes, many do give up on trying to get 1000 tokens... That's what makes it so special... That doesnt mean you make it easy to get because everyone is too lazy to strive for it.

o god here comes the whiners. look dont try and spoil something for others cause u dont like it . i dont feel the game i ssupposed to be played like other comp games where u get to lev 200 and the games over. if thats what u looking for get a game like theif or somehting . this a community based game where u inteeract pvp fight in war build trade skill items. mind u not all the bugs worked out yet but funcom is coming alon nicely and i cant wait personally to be lev 150ish to 200 just so i can partake in killing of omni guards and trying to help take over omni camps,and participating in the story like with new omni camp outside avalon. i think in order for this game to progress it will have to have alot of highlev chars running around helpijng with story line and if u dont like to pvp of fight and want to level slow with out tokens u can always hunt back yards getting 1xp a time.. just my humble opionon

I got my 250 board last night (I'm L77) and I was quite pleased with it, as far as I'm concerned getting more tokens for the effort would be very nice!

also I'm a tad confused with one of the posters here, he's slagging FC about this new change yet the other day (on vnboards) he (I assume it was him due to the same name spelling) was bragging he has a L7 toon with a 6 slot belt and a QL93 weapon! egads! something is horribly wrong here! so it looks as though he's all for exploiting as long as noone else does it.

now if this fellow is indeed a different person well so sorry for the misunderstanding.

It only makes sense.

Risk vs. Reward is how life works...

Isn't it considerably more difficult to achieve a token at lvl 76, rather then level 6?

Shouldn't it be more rewarding to a level 76 player to recieve a token?

Someone explain how this isnt' just common sense?

If i had wanted to, i could have done 250 missions at level 6, w/o a death, in about 3 weeks. Yet now at level 76, I still won't die earning those tokens, but it will take ~ 9-12 weeks. My time is worth less, now that i am more experienced i guess....

To put it into perspective, My next raise is due up in july. Since i now know more about my industry, and work longer hours then before, i don't think i want more money. I will just tell my boss to leave my pay alone. Even considering i am more valuable to him. In fact, perhaps i will offer to work for less...

Come on ppl, put some reasonable thoughts together before you post them here.

Question

Can't someone in Funcom do a database search and get rid of anyone who went from 10 tokens to 1000 in a couple of days?

I understand that this must be a very difficult task to accomplish as it has not been done. However, in other MMO games that I have played, cheaters/exploiters/whatever you want to call them, were often times punished. For example, 1000 token board in 2 days=reset their board??

Please fill in for what I don't understand. I'm not a programmer, but there must be a way to "devalue" the boards that exploiters achieved in a few days. If this isn't done, then I'm all for this change to allow everyone to get more tokens quicker than they have in the past......to catch the exploiters if possible as they will be capped at 1000. However, if you don't get rid of the 1000 token board exploiters (and people keep saying there is a lot of them---how many?), then I am all for raising the token board to 2000 or whatever number it needs to be to make it difficult for the exploiters to cap it.

I know this doesn't address farming, but I'm not concerned about those who farmed at a certain level and have gathered 100's of tokens and possibly spent 100's of hours. I just want some way of getting rid of or devaluing the 1000 token slime boards that people spent hardly any time accomplishing through trading, etc.

Kyana (*gets flame-resistant gear on* )

Btw, lvl 200 in 6 months on a 4-year game? I realize their aren't many at this level now (7 or so), but I doubt this is due to too much difficulty in the game itself. I believe AO would be littered with lvl 200 players if the high level content was in place already. Think of how many are rerolling or possibly leaving for a while until appropriate high level content is added. But, this is a completely different subject altogether.

Originally posted by Zeroshift
    10 level 200's is far too much IMO for a game only 6 months old.

It took tim the enchantor 2.5 years playing non stop and getting mass exp from his vassels to reach the level cap. It has yet to be achieved by anyone else.

THAT is how the 1000 token board should be.
    Now I know that your an idiot.

Tim (A player from Asheron's Call who was the first to reach max level [126]) reached 126 in 8 months of starting to play. Hell the game isn't even 2.5 years old now and he did this over a year ago. He is also not the only one to have done so.

-Falcon (Ex Phoenix Wolfsun - AC-Thistledown Server)
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

Originally posted by quigley
    My question is: exactly how many points will each token be worth?
    It was reported from one source that at level 180 you get 7 tokens.

So if you never had tokens before, then at level 180 you would need to complete successfully 143 missions for your 1000 board.

At the very best your looking at averaging 2 missions an hour at this level (Team+mid/small missions), though far less is more likely.
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

Thumbs up

Ok, at least one good thing in this patch.

At my level, it takes me 2 hours to run a 50% mission to get a token.

I do not get tokens for missions under 40%...EVER.

I do not get tokens for mission OVER 40% that only have a few mobs.

The only way to get tokens is to fight through larger sized missions at a minimum of 40% difficulty.

I got the 250 board by doing nothing but running missions till level 85. Im 121 now. to get the 400 board it would take me no less than 300 more hours. If I did nothing else when I played. I play no more than 3 hours a day tops.

If I did NOTHING else but run missions, I'd get the 400 board in 6 more months and the 1000 board in 2 years.

2 years of not roleplaying or doing anything else but run missions? No thanks. I love this new change. For once Funcom has a good idea!

GREAT CHANGE FUNCOM!!!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast