Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Discuss: 13.8 Token changes

i got two tokens today from one mission (50%) with my new toon today (lvl 16) ... nothing special, only thing is that i only killed like 5 or 6 mobs in it. Actually i was just blitzing for the item.

I thought u had to kill 80% of all mobs.And i know there were at least 5 more mobs in there (at least !!)

Did they change this too?

My 2C

* I like the change, inspite of the fact that I almost only did missions before and the tokens I had already collected (about 140 of them) do feel a bit 'nerfed' especially compared to other players who had way way less and are now rapidly catching up w me.
    * They probably should consider adding another board after the 1000 board though
    * getting tokens for killing greys/missions with mostly greys shouldn't be possible
    *to all those players that claim all their solo time gathering tokens was wasted; I disagree. Although I agree w the 'feeling like a nerf', there are other important advantages to having done missions a lot/compared to hunting. I have a nice cash supply build up, my equipment/nano's/implants are up to date. I don't think that is possible if you only hunt... either you'll need a sugardaddy or you will always be very low on credits.

Originally posted by punk
    i got two tokens today from one mission (50%) with my new toon today (lvl 16) ... nothing special, only thing is that i only killed like 5 or 6 mobs in it. Actually i was just blitzing for the item.

I thought u had to kill 80% of all mobs.And i know there were at least 5 more mobs in there (at least !!)

Did they change this too?
    It was always another way: if you kill 80% non-grey mobs in a mission you get a token. If you kill less, you have a CHANCE to recive token. Also, there was a exp cap envolved, so even if you kill ,say, only 10% mob in the mission, but recived 50% exp to next lvl - then you also almost always get a token. Thought i notice, what with recent changes you start reciving a token for less % then before...

I'm appalled at you RedSonja and hobbes - but not surprised at your selfish attitudes. It's the "I've got mine so the hell with everybody else" attitudes that really suck.

Paldorr:
    Your attitude sucks, you tell me this is a multi-player game yet you are thinking about your self.
    As I said above, I want everybody to benefit from the 1000 token board, but only if you have earnt it, spending a week doing 25% missions is certainly not earning it.
    I didn't say anything anout a "multi-player game. I play solo. ANd yes, I am thinking of myself - just like you are. My parked Soldier who hasn't been played in 8 months has a 400 board at level 50. I have earned it.

This isn't about powerlevelers or token farmers. It benefits thiose who play without either powerleveling or token farming. You don't have to terminate at 6 to have a 30 board at 15. You don't have to token farm to have a 60 board at 30 or a 120 board at 50.

That's a good thing for the average player and an improvement to the game. As missions get longer and harder there should be more tokens.

Now there are. Thanks, Funcom

This game is designed to be played however you see fit.
    I'm sorry, but all you people sitting back telling me "This is a multiplayer game, so tough" are incorrect.
    This is an on-line game, I am not forced to play it as a multi-player game.
    For once we agree on something. It's a game. Play it how you like it. Don't begrudge others the freedom of playing how they like it.
    "Life is too short to drink bad ale."

Hmm, guess this will be my last statement in this thread as too many people have started to beat a dead horse. I guess hobbes you understand as well what I wanted to say as I understand vice versa. I WITHOUT ANY DOUBT DO AGREE THAT FUNCOM AGAIN HAS KILLED A GOOD IDEA BY TOTALLY MISJUDGING THE RIGHT NUMBERS. Giving more tokens on higher lvls are fine. I would have done something like 1 token per title lvl (of the mission). So 1-14 =1 Token, 15-49 = 2 and so on. I do believe this would have been fair and would have been the right compensation for more work that has to be done on higher lvl missions. And of course it should have been implemented when the Token board itself came around. Even at this stage I would have said finally they got it right. Nice job making this game more and more ridiculous, they way you did it you only slapped the former high tokenboard owners in the face. Sorry hobbes, sorry Sonja, I have to take back a lot of things I have said. This is it. Thank you.
    Me is Arnulf. Nuff said.

This is the last time I shall directly respond to one of your posts.
    Mainly because going over the same point time and time again is just becomming boring.
    I would have thought that you would have "got the point" at the beginning, alas not.
    I would say go back and actually read the arguments against this change and why it isn't good, you obviously haven't bothered to read them fully.
    You've seen that somebody does not agree with you and have decided that the best form of constructive posting is to simply argue the fact without making yourself fully aware of all the issues.
    If you decide to post back to this reply then you win, you'll get the last word - nice one.

At no point has anybody in this thread said "I have mine so to hell with everybody else"
    What we have said, time and time again if you had been bothered to read the posts, was that there should be some effort involved in gaining this item.
    It should not be handed to you on a silver plate, something you obviously desire.
    I am not thinking of myself, repeating yet again, I want everybody to have the oportunity to own this item, to get the benefits it gives, however it should not be an easy item for all to get, it should demand some effort, the system as it now stands requires next to no effort.
    We are also fully agreeing that at higher levels missions should give more tokens, but, yet again if you had bothered to read the whole thread, you will see that people are getting 6 tokens for doing a 25% difficulty mission, that is half an hours work for 6+ tokens.
    If a truely difficult mission was earning somebody more tokens then I would agree that it was a great job, instead it now takes half an hour to earn 6 tokens, so the math's, you'll see how quickly 1000 could be earnt.
    Again I say this system is flawed.

The truth is, once again taken from my previous post, is that you decided to take the "Level Fast" option.
    You enjoyed the benefit of being in a group, gaining fast XP and getting to a higher level quicker.
    What makes you think that you now have the right to have a very easy path to an item that did take a lot effort to get?
    An item that a lot of people had put the effort in to to find that they could have taken your route to it?
    That instead of going out and doing missions taking 2hrs+ for a token they could also have gone out, levelled as fast as they could and now have a nice easy ride?

Before the last patch you would have found it very difficult to get those 1000 tokens.
    You truely would have earn't it by having to do a lot of high level missions.
    Instead you can now do it in a series of 25% missions.
    We are not talking about "Token Farmers" or "Exploiters" here, we are talking about those people who have put a hell of a lot of effort into the token system since day 1 of AO seeing their investment reduced to nothing.

I ask you once again, please read the whole thread rather than immediately attempting to jump on somebody who dares have a different and less selfish opinion than yourself.

I ask you once again, please read the whole thread rather than immediately attempting to jump on somebody who dares have a different and less selfish opinion than yourself.
    When you finish like this I have to reply.

You have a less selfish opinion?

You think that only those that soloed their way, just like you did, should have the option to get the 1k token board.

I have said it before that we maybe get abit to many tokens now, but this is the right thing to do, it was IMPOSSIBLE to get the 1k board if you wanted to team, you HAD to solo to get it, now everyone have the possibility, with alot of work, to get the 1k token board.

It's you that are selfish and only want people that do like you to get it.

I think that everyone should have the option to get it, is that selfish?

You soloed to get tokens, now everyone have the possibility to get them and you think I'm selfish cuz I want that?

Instead you can now do it in a series of 25% missions.
    a 25% mission are almost only grey mobs so not a big chance to get a token.
    Maybe at your lvl you can get token for it, I have no idea.

It should not be handed to you on a silver plate, something you obviously desire.
    You think soloing 140+ ql170 missions are easy?
    Most profs can't even do it.
    For some profs it takes 2+ hours to solo a mission.
    I'm a MP so soloing is ok for me, but for many others it's impossible

Please maybe you should know what you talk about before you even try.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Azz and Paldorr,

You guys are just not getting it. Arnulf was open-minded enough to try to work with us and that is all I ask.

You guys repeatedly talking about farming, which I have never done. You also say, "i got mine". Gosh, I've only posted about 5 times that I have around 400 tokens. I said the system was tough, but I accepted it. I don't have mine, but I'm willing to earn it.

Explain to me why you deserve it, just because it exists? Can you not finish the game without it? Why do token farmers bother you? They wasted one hell of a lot time. I personally believe that farming is against the spirit of the game, so I choose not to do it. But when I am in a mission fighting a MOB, I could care less that some other player is elsewhere fighting with his 1000 token board. Who cares? You just seem to feel entitled to everything. That is what strikes me as selfish.

Take what your style of play earns. Don't have the energy to reiterate the points made in multiple prior posts. Tokens are a perk, not a necessity. So you can probably play this entire game without getting 1. You don't need to do any missions.

Why can you not accept the fact you won't get the 1000 board, you seem obsessed with needing everything. As I posted before, I wouldn't have made 1000 in the old system, but so what? I didn't put forth the effort to earn it and I can live with that.

My biggest concern as a solo player is maintaining viability, this is very tough when you can no longer purchase stuff at the stores and don't have the ability to run high level missions. It seems kind of cheap to me that you want all the advantages of cooperative play but demand my little perk as well.

Anyway, I'm done here, I've moved to the envisioned section to see if we can figure out what role Funcom has for tokens and what their next move will be. Damage recovery.

I wish you two weren't so entrenched in you ideas that you could try to see our points.
    "So shines a good deed in a weary world."

I keep seeing this being some kind of strange solo vs. group arguement. The anti-reward people keep saying that you give up the benefits of tokens because you are in a group, but I've got a couple counterpoints to that....

What about the classes that after a certain level just can't viably solo missions anymore? What about classes that, in a roleplaying sense, should be doing them with groups... like 'crats or doctors?

What about people who group to do missions? They should be pushined because they made friends and want to do things in a group? Solo'ing is viable, as stated on the box, but no where does it state that it should give you an advantage over people who don't group or that you will be punished if you group.

What about the fact that monster strength vs. player strength scales at radically different levels? You act as if fighting a level 70 MOB when you are level 70 is the same as fighting a level 10 MOB at level 10 (or a 150 MOB at 150). Point being, monsters get exponentially stronger while players gain strength linearly.

I feel your pain as far as 'recompensation' for the tokens you have now, but honestly... think about the diffculty of doing this. I see the statement "Under the new system I'd have....". So you kept track of what level you were when you earned each token? Or did you earn all your tokens at your current level? The reward SCALES with the level of the player. Sure you may have 400 tokens right now, but maybe you earned 250 of them before level 60. Maybe you farmed at level 6 til you had 399 then got one more last night? WHO KNOWS? You can't be recompensated for just this reason.

Having the rules changed in the middle of the game stinks, and it will always get someone angry, but it's just a fact of life in MMORPGs. Even if there was some method of figuring out how many tokens you should have under the new system, you still wouldn't be given them. Look at this example.... if they were to all of sudden decide that Decus coats should be similar to tank armor and give you +50% nano cost and +100% cast time, would they recompensate everyone who has a coat? Or buffed to get into it? Or spent credits to buy the coat or implants to equip it?

The ONLY recompensation that should be taking place is restoring the IP that was lost when Adventurers multi range skill was changed.
    Fausto "Dealbreaker" Age

The truth is, once again taken from my previous post, is that you decided to take the "Level Fast" option.
    You enjoyed the benefit of being in a group, gaining fast XP and getting to a higher level quicker.
    What makes you think that you now have the right to have a very easy path to an item that did take a lot effort to get?
    An item that a lot of people had put the effort in to to find that they could have taken your route to it?
    That instead of going out and doing missions taking 2hrs+ for a token they could also have gone out, levelled as fast as they could and now have a nice easy ride?
    Explain to me why you deserve it, just because it exists? Can you not finish the game without it? Why do token farmers bother you? They wasted one hell of a lot time. I personally believe that farming is against the spirit of the game, so I choose not to do it. But when I am in a mission fighting a MOB, I could care less that some other player is elsewhere fighting with his 1000 token board. Who cares? You just seem to feel entitled to everything. That is what strikes me as selfish.

Take what your style of play earns. Don't have the energy to reiterate the points made in multiple prior posts. Tokens are a perk, not a necessity. So you can probably play this entire game without getting 1. You don't need to do any missions.
    Actually if you had read my posts you'd see that I play SOLO - exclusively solo. I have never - not once - grouped, and "level fast" is not something I even know how to do. I do missions. Every point I have earned I earned in missions. Personally I see grouping as an exploit - but thats another issue entirely

What I hear from you - it may not be your actual message, but what comes across is: it was hard for me to get all these tokens so it p1sses me off that it won't be as hard for somebody else. I'm not quoting you -- but that's what I hear you saying.

I have a 400 board on an old character I dont play anymore - I have at least 500 that I've dumped on characters I've deleted - I have appropriate level boards on 8 other characters most with 120 boards two with - All from SOLO missions. I know exactly how hard tokens were to get.

On Test I made some noobs when this 13.8 patch went in. I took a Fixer from 1 to L30 100% in solo missions. He has a 60 token board at level 30 with a grand total of 62 tokens. Up until level 15 he got 1 per mission - just like before. After 15 - and ever since (and until 50) - he gets 2 per mission. He's found a whopping 2 sided trokens in over 60 missions! I also made an NT (now up to 18) and an MA (now up to 18) with similar results. One (1) sided token between them.

This is not a whole lot easier than before at low to mid levels. The affect it does have is to make token farming useless. Why spend weeks at level 6 now when it becomes irrelevent? You still have to be at title level to wear a board so no one's getting uber over this.

It's just a matter of how you want to play the game. I completely agree with hobbes on this but with a different result. If tokens are important to you then you still have to do missions to get them. The power levelers don't have the patience for that - they camp spawns and, as boring and useless as that ia to me, if it's their playstyle, it isn't hurting the rest of us any. Nor is the player who does missions wearing a 1000 board. It only makes sense to have more reward for harder missions.

Actually if you had read my posts you'd see that I play SOLO - exclusively solo. I have never - not once - grouped, and "level fast" is not something I even know how to do. I do missions. Every point I have earned I earned in missions. Personally I see grouping as an exploit - but thats another issue entirely

What I hear from you - it may not be your actual message, but what comes across is: it was hard for me to get all these tokens so it p1sses me off that it won't be as hard for somebody else. I'm not quoting you -- but that's what I hear you saying.

For me - if I get a 1000 board, fine - if I don't, fine - but I'm glad to have some extras from the new system. The old system was unrewarding after title 3. One 4 hour mission for one token was ridiculous.

I have a 400 board on an old character I dont play anymore - I have at least 500 that I've dumped on characters I've deleted - I have appropriate level boards on 8 other characters most with 120 boards - All from SOLO missions. I know exactly how hard tokens were to get.

On Test I made some noobs when this 13.8 patch went in. I took a Fixer from 1 to L30 100% in solo missions. He has a 60 token board at level 30 with a grand total of 62 tokens. Up until level 15 he got 1 per mission - just like before. After 15 - and ever since (and until 50) - he gets 2 per mission. He's found a whopping 2 sided trokens in over 60 missions! I also made an NT (now up to 18) and an MA (now up to 18) with similar results. One (1) sided token between them.

This is not a whole lot easier than before at low to mid levels. The affect it does have is to make token farming useless. Why spend weeks at level 6 now when it becomes irrelevent? You still have to be at title level to wear a board so no one's getting uber over this.

It's just a matter of how you want to play the game. I completely agree with hobbes on this but with a different result. If tokens are important to you then you still have to do missions to get them. The power levelers don't have the patience for that - they camp spawns and, as boring and useless as that ia to me, if it's their playstyle, it isn't hurting the rest of us any. Nor is the player who does missions wearing a 1000 board. It only makes sense to have more reward for harder missions.

I don't say that I deserve it, just because it exist, but most of you say that you deserve it just because you choose to do solo missions.

I have probably done twice as many missions that you have, so why do you deserve it more?

I did missions lvl 1-54 and 103-171, but becuase I did the missions with my friends instead of soloing I only got tokens in 1 of 6 missions (if we picked it fair)

So why shouldn't it be possible to get it if you want to work together in a team?

With this change everyone CAN get a 1k board, it will still be hard if they are grouping, but it's possible, I think most people will have the 400 token board when they are lvl 150.

I understand people that have worked hard for it if they feel "cheated" now, but it's only a few people and the change will be good for most people, that's why I like it.

Token farmers doesn't bother me, if they think it's fun they can do it and to get the 1k board you almost HAVE to do it, that's what I think is wrong.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Cool

Actually, with the recent changes, i have noticed that I am doing a new and different type of mission. I get with a Doc or MA friend and then get a 50-60% mission in BS. We run it together and get decent xp, not tons, but decent. At the end of the mission, I get 650-700k xp and 7 tokens. We do 3 of mine, and then 3 of his. With the reward xp at the end of the mission, I am making just as much xp as I was with a full group, and I am getting tokens 50% of the missions. It seems that smaller 2 or 3 person groups are giving me the best mix of tokens and xp.
    O b i t u s Atrox Clan Enforcer My trade skill? Smackin' stuff till it cries! Obi's Rig
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

Reciently i had the pleasure of meeting a token farmer.. a level 6 with martial artist token farming. She has another character that is really high but i still see token farming not only a non roleplaying but also an exploit. If people at level 6 are allowed to do missions that give the same tokens that a level 200 would get that is stupid. My proposition is this. have different tokens for different title levels. For example a title level 1 person would get a basic token, a title level 2 would get an advanced token. This would keep from devaluating the token system while making token farming impossible! this is the ultimate solution to this exploit! i hope you read this and take it into great consideration.
    Yes, I am the REAL Village Idiot!

We have top men working on that right now.

Who?

Top men. Thank you Dr. Jones.
    "So shines a good deed in a weary world."

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789