Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Discuss: 13.8 Token changes

Post Discuss: 13.8 Token changes

• You should get more "points" from each token at higher levels! This should now better reflect the time it takes to get the tokens at higher levels. Please do not see this as us "devaluating" your past accomplishments.
    • There is now a chance of getting a special token reward for killing sided monsters.

I'm not big on this change. While I understand that a lot of exploiters and farmers got too many tokens, I wish Funcom would go after them instead of trying to just appeal to the lowest common denominator like this.

There is an entitlement mindset in the game that everyone should be entitled to everything. Players think that even if they don't like doing missions they still are entitled to the highest token board. I much prefer 1/mission, even if that makes getting the highest level practically impossible.

And it DOES dilute the efforts those of us that have done a lot of missions have put in.

Scorus

Originally posted by Scorus
    And it DOES dilute the efforts those of us that have done a lot of missions have put in.
    Agree ! I soloed my Enforcer from lvl1-100 only to get as much Tokens as possible. Under the new rules I for sure had the 1000 Token-Board !

it ROCKS

Woot! That's all I can say about it.

As for Scorus' opinion that it dilutes the efforts of those who have done a lot of missions. If this dilutes it, what does it say for those people who rerolled and levelled up to 11, then did easy missions all in a weekend and now have twice as many tokens as someone who has done missions all their career?

I understand where your coming from, but the fact that so many people have just rerolled and token farmed seems to be a worse issue to me. I think the people who have stuck with their character and adapted with the good and the bad should be rewarded with tokens more than the people who just took the easy way out.

I know only a few who have gotten the 1k token board in a legit way.

I feel like I've done tons of missions, 1 char has around 200 another 150 and another 150. I very much like the idea, I think if you do missions steadily, all your own under the current system, then by the time you hit level 150 you should be comming up on the 1k board.

I have also had to terminate a lot to lose exp because missions were getting too big too fast and giving too much exp/mission for the rate at which tokens were coming in (I set a goal for a 120 board by 50 and so on).

Personally, I love the idea, 1k token boards won't be accessable to everyone. You will still have to do an insane # of missions to get them.

I wonder what these special monster tokens are? They should be something different than standard mission tokens. Something seperate for all those yegger ashkafaltz.

I have no problems with token farmers. If you want to spend over a month of intensive gameplay just doing missions for tokens for that 1000 board, then by all means.

You sacrifice all the fun for that board.

I have to agree though that it does dilute the efforts put into getting there, no doubt about it. You CAN get tokens REAL easily at high levels. You just have to take small missions. Grey cave missions are usually small, and some locations spawn small missions a lot. So the argument that its impossible to get a 1000 board at high levels is not something im buying. It just takes an effort. If you ask me, its supposed to take an effort.
    Cyrus "Othar" Peak

"The Honored Guard, Serving with Pride, Prejudice and Patience." - Justsabi

Alamut

"My body is my Temple."

Re: Discuss: 13.8 Token changes

I'm not sure I understand what getting more "points" means.. you're still required X number of tokens to get to the next level. There are no points involved.. so whether I get 1 or 100 points, I still only get 1 token.. could you please explain this?

Originally posted by Cz
    • You should get more "points" from each token at higher levels! This should now better reflect the time it takes to get the tokens at higher levels. Please do not see this as us "devaluating" your past accomplishments.
    • There is now a chance of getting a special token reward for killing sided monsters.

I like this change because the "rate" of reward scales with level. what does that mean? It means that if I start a new character and get asked to join a team and level to 25 over the weekend then log in on Monday, I can still get tokens at the same rate as if I was level 1. This change adjusts the need to "stay low level" in order to get tokens at the same rate. This is a good thing. It makes sense that a level 150 that kills 5 times the MOBs in a mission then a level 20 should get a bigger medal.

JMHO. It adjusts the mission token rate to that of the mission size scaling issue.

Re: Re: Discuss: 13.8 Token changes

Originally posted by jws
    I'm not sure I understand what getting more "points" means.. you're still required X number of tokens to get to the next level. There are no points involved.. so whether I get 1 or 100 points, I still only get 1 token.. could you please explain this?
    From what people have been saying who've tried it on the test server, a token no longer is just A token. At higher levels, it'll be equivalent to 2-3, or more tokens when you use it.
    ChibiKawai - The KAYOOTEST Level 40 NT ever.

"IWANNASTUFFEDTEDDY AND I WANT ONE NOW!!"

The 1000 token board is the last great challenge this game has to offer...

People are reaching level 200 left and right. When they get there they need something to strive for, that thing is 1000 tokens.

The 1000 token board should NOT be easy to get at all. It shuold be a legendary thing that few ever acheive (like getting level 100 in AC, VERY rare but it happened).

This totally dillutes the efforts of the legit 1000 token boards.

Please just punish the exploiters, dont make it so everyone can get a 1000 token board.

Left and right?

People are reaching level 200 left and right eh?
    PHP Code:
    1 Dawnll 200 0 Martial Artist Neutral Female Opifex none 
    1 Gunnandahalf 200 0 Nano-Technician Clan Male Solitus Storm Unit Commander 
    1 Kicky 200 0 Martial Artist Clan Female Opifex Storm Applicant 
    1 Kinkstaah 200 
    +8 Enforcer Clan Male Solitus Storm Unit Member 
    1 Needlz 200 0 Doctor Omni Female Solitus Silent Night Advisor 
    1 Seagal 200 0 Agent Clan Male Solitus Storm Unit Member 
    1 Zarloc 200 0 Agent Clan Male Opifex Storm Applicant 
    8 Gridlock 195 0 Agent Clan Male Opifex Storm Applicant 
    8 Malyeen 195 
    +5 Adventurer Omni Female Solitus Silent Night Advisor 
    10 Destrux 194 0 Soldier Clan Male Solitus Storm General 
    That's the top ten players on RK1 according to ymera.com there aren't any level 200's on RK2.

Re: Re: Discuss: 13.8 Token changes

Originally posted by jws
    I'm not sure I understand what getting more "points" means.. could you please explain this?
    Well, when you use a mission token it adds a certain number of points to your characters token count. Currently, using a mission token only adds a single point to your token count.

However, in 13.8 the number of points given per mission token could be more than one.

Exclamation I don't get it!

Why?

This is getting ridiculous. People over-equipped to get lvl 200 armor on at low levels. People are reaching lvl 200 at too quick of a pace. Now, Funcom is going to change it so it is much easier to attain the 1000 token board? OMG.

This is supposed to be a 4-year game!!! The damn changes make it seem like people should be able to "win" it within a month or 2 if they play enough. Wtf is this all about? Have everyone sitting at lvl 200 that's been around a few months for the storyline? (All at the same f'in level?)

Communists be gone!

Thanks for explaining this..

I for one kinda like this idea.. In my early "teens" with my character, there was no easy way to farm tokens like there is now. There were no guarantees to getting tokens. Now, it's quite easy for low level players to farm tokens and just continue to /terminate before leveling. Even if you don't farm tokens, you're going to have a heck of a lot more tokens than I have now, just because you can now almost guarantee yourself a token with a 50% mission and killing everything. That never used to be the case..

At level 63 now, missions are starting to take longer and longer to complete. Thus, I'd like some sort of reward for working harder than someone at level 10. The money and XP and item rewards just don't cut it compared to mission difficulty..

This is great news - and something we have been asking for many months now. Thanks Funcom

Now about the IP reallocation........
    "Life is too short to drink bad ale."

10 level 200's is far too much IMO for a game only 6 months old.

It took tim the enchantor 2.5 years playing non stop and getting mass exp from his vassels to reach the level cap. It has yet to be achieved by anyone else.

THAT is how the 1000 token board should be.

I also like this idea, i've re-rolled many chars in order to obtain more tokens. Get 3 missions in the same area, do 3 /terminate ~ repeat.

token farming... not fun! ~ but if thats what it takes to get the 1000 token board than thats what ill do.

This change is great, it allows people to do missions and fight outdoors with people (interaction). Because now u don't have to worry if your leveling up, because later on you'll still be able to recieve the same amount of tokens like you once recieved at level 6.

I hardly know anyone that has 1000 token board legit, they all bought their token boards or their tokens. But as for the players that i know who "legitimately" got their tokens, i haven't seen one person get more that 500 from doing pure missions. I have a MA friend who is level 145 and he has 450 tokens. He "only" does missions. He now says its almost impossible to get 10 tokens in 2 week, let alone 1 month.

When you team up with people in BS or wherever to do missions. Everyone has a mission they want to do, so that they "themselves" would get a token. Its not always your turn to get one don't forget. This change is good, and i hope they soon bring out the token reward for the whole team who helped on the mission` and team missions as well

fair well,
    breaku

Re: I don't get it!

Originally posted by Kyana
    Why?

This is getting ridiculous. People over-equipped to get lvl 200 armor on at low levels. People are reaching lvl 200 at too quick of a pace. Now, Funcom is going to change it so it is much easier to attain the 1000 token board? OMG.

This is supposed to be a 4-year game!!! The damn changes make it seem like people should be able to "win" it within a month or 2 if they play enough. Wtf is this all about? Have everyone sitting at lvl 200 that's been around a few months for the storyline? (All at the same f'in level?)

Communists be gone!
    Exactly.. This game is too easy to "beat"

Within a few months you can get the best equipment in the game and be the highest level... Now they want to make it so everyone gets a 1000 token board.

Honestly, there are some goals, and items, in the game that should just remain impossible or rare to get (like grid armor and the 1000 token board).

FC is slowly bringing this game to the point where they might as well just let everyone start off at level 200 and get strait to the PvP which this game should revolve around.

Originally posted by Zeroshift
    10 level 200's is far too much IMO for a game only 6 months old.

It took tim the enchantor 2.5 years playing non stop and getting mass exp from his vassels to reach the level cap. It has yet to be achieved by anyone else.

THAT is how the 1000 token board should be.

erm, there is only seven. I just put the top ten cause it was a rounder number.....

Besides, you don't "beat" a roleplaying game.

Just because you are the best you can be does not mean you have nothing else to do. I personally look forward to the day when I don't have to level anymore and can just enjoy the life on Rubi-ka.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast