Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: April 18, 29191 - Clan Remembrance Day

April 18, 29191 - Clan Remembrance Day

April 18, 29191

Omni-Tek signs an agreement with the new Omni-Tek Manual Labourer's Guild, protecting the workers' rights. The groundwork is laid for the rise of the clans.
    April 18th, 29191 was the culmination of years of struggle by a brave few who rose up against an oppressive employer to stand for their rights. Many emerged bloodied and bruised. Many perished.

Since then, many more have paid the ultimate price in the struggle against the oppression of Omni-Tek Corporation. They have fought for their own lives; for the lives of their families; for their home. They have stood in the face of insurmountable odds and emerged stronger; emerged victorious; emerged as Clanners.

In the past, this date was marked by the Council of Truth. In the words of Henry Radiman: "We do...encourage the clans to pick up the banner and observe this important day in our collective history". Last year, the Great Vikings of Rubi-Ka took the initiative to lead celebrations. Details on this historic event can be found here.

This year, we will take a festive approach in honouring the memory of those before us. Events (tentatively scheduled) will be as follows:

• starting at 8:30 p.m. GMT ((4:30 p.m. EDT)), there will be a party at the Happy Rebel in Tir! (DJ'ed by a wonderful member of GSP) This will run until the next event...
    • at approximately 10:45 p.m. GMT ((6:45 p.m. EDT)), we will all gather outside of the Happy Rebel, and will march through Tir, ending up back at the Happy Rebel...
    • when the second party begins! That's right, party #2 begins at 12 a.m. GMT ((8 p.m. EDT)) back at the Happy Rebel! (DJ'ed by GSP!))

All clanners, neutrals and Omni-Tek employees are invited to help commemorate the past, and to celebrate freedom on Rubi-Ka! Transportation will be provided from ICC for all neutral citizens and Omni-Tek employees wishing to mark this occasion.

This year, an amalgum of valliant and noble Clans will come together to show solidarity and unity, and to honour those who gave their lives in the past to ensure our freedom - from the original Manual Labourers' Guild to the present day. The following Clans have thus far pledged to co-sponsor the day of festivities:

• Assembly
    • Bloodguard Coven
    • Clan Anarchist Syndicate
    • Mercury Dragons
    • Rubi-Ka Freedom Fighters
    • Unity of the Rose
    • Valor Eternal
    • Whisper's Edge

This list is growing by the hour. We aim to have as many Clans and organizations show their colours and wave their flags alongside their sisters and brothers. If your Clan or organization isn't on this list, but wishes to show remembrance to those who have fallen for your freedom, please contact Emiliy of Clan Whisper's Edge, via PM or gridmail (link in signature).
    Last edited by Emiliy; Apr 18th, 2003 at 19:39:56.
    Emiliy Age
    Unit Leader, Foreign Relations
    Speak your heart, don't bite your tongue...

Whisper's Edge | Gridmail | Engy's Workshop | Tir School of Engineering

Bliqz on Shadowlands: "Gonna make it hard to decide who I can and cant eat."

Re: April 18, 29191 - Clan Remembrance Day

Originally posted by Emiliy

This year, we will take a festive approach in honouring the memory of those before us. Events (tentatively scheduled) will be as follows:

• starting at 9 p.m. GMT ((4 p.m. EST)), there will be a party at the Happy Rebel in Tir! (Hopefully DJ'ed by a wonderful member of GSP) This will run until the next event...
    • at approximately 11:45 p.m. GMT ((6:45 p.m. EST)), we will all gather outside of the Happy Rebel, and will march through Tir, ending up back at the Happy Rebel...

All clanners, neutrals and Omni-Tek employees are invited to help commemorate the past, and to celebrate freedom on Rubi-Ka! Transportation will be provided from ICC for all neutral citizens and Omni-Tek employees wishing to mark this occasion.

Haha! Very funny.

And get shot on sight eh?
    Garret "Necc" Scheer press officer of Desert Winds (MSAS)

Karma, the world's true equalizer.

Free Rubi-Ka!

Ill Be there even though i havent started my clan yet i will be there and will be jumping for joy beacause ironically my birthday is on aprial 17th. he he

Re: Re: April 18, 29191 - Clan Remembrance Day

Originally posted by Garret 'Necc' Scheer

Haha! Very funny.

And get shot on sight eh?
    Ummm... the guy does kinda have a point, Em. Maybe neutrals and Omni-Tek employees should skip the march and stick to the parties?
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

I'm going the Sentinals are ok as long as they are kept out of the way (middle of Tir island always safe). Will be nice to meet up with the Clans again on a more social base rather than all the fighting and problems of late, which is really what this is about. The Clans, the freedom they stand fore, and the freedom for everyone on Rubi-ka.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Time Check

[*] starting at 9 p.m. GMT ((4 p.m. EST)), there will be a party[*] at approximately 11:45 p.m. GMT ((6:45 p.m. EST)), we will all[*] 1 a.m. GMT ((8 p.m. EST)) back at the Happy Rebel! (Again,
    OOC:

The Summer time offset for Eastern Time Zone is GMT -4, which most all in the Eastern Time Zone (except parts of Indiana) are on. So the time would be 5pm EDT in the East. If you are shooting for a true 4pm start, then GMT should be 8 p.m.

-Tifanyx

I think we should plan to have someone calming the guards in Tir. I think this might be a fun time to bring my old CoA Uniform.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

I would like to have a clarification of time. As Tifanyx has pointed out, 9 pm GMT is not 4 pm for current US Eastern Time.
    Joseph "Votary" Zodiac - RK1 Clan Atrox MP
    I can summon pies (now mochams infused!)

"Holy Mocham!" - Votary

Yes right now it would be 5pm EST. We set out clocks forward 1 hour last week that changes the time difference.

Originally posted by Fixerben
    I think we should plan to have someone calming the guards in Tir.
    Good idea. However, Fisk, Fizzban, Silverstone and Wickham, I believe, are immune to such NCU interfacing.

Originally posted by Cemetarygate

Good idea. However, Fisk, Fizzban, Silverstone and Wickham, I believe, are immune to such NCU interfacing.
    I dont know, I will check on that tonight. But if they are not calmable I will just pull all of them to a remote location. If the Neuts want to risk going outside in Tir. Dont forget there are other NPC's besides the Sentinels. One particularly nasty one in the SW corner of Tir Forgot his name. We shall see though.

I remember the first time I set foot on this planet I was in Tir. And there was a parade that day. I couldnt for the life of me recall what that parade was for. But I do remember seeing a long string of people walking somewhat in single-file.

Originally posted by Fixerben
    Yes right now it would be 5pm EST. We set out clocks forward 1 hour last week that changes the time difference.
    So are we the only weirdos that change our clocks?! Dammit I want to move to Europe now... (times have been changed to reflect this - thx Tifanyx and Fixerben )

Regarding the neutrals and Omni-Tek employees wishing to partake in the celebrations, I am quite certain that noble Clan members will rise up to protect those who would support a free and independent Rubi-Ka. In the alternative, we will ensure that the drinks and good times continue to flow at the Happy Rebel for those wishing to remain behind.
    Last edited by Emiliy; Apr 11th, 2003 at 16:48:06.
    Emiliy Age

Vallikat cries in confusion

Ok, on another thread I asked about that and Sid said that our time difference from GMT time remains constant. The only exception to this is that Europe goes on summer time one week before us and so our time difference increases for that week only and then returns to normal after that.

So who is right. Ben or Sid?
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Re: Time Check

Originally posted by Tifanyx

OOC:

The Summer time offset for Eastern Time Zone is GMT -4, which most all in the Eastern Time Zone (except parts of Indiana) are on. So the time would be 5pm EDT in the East. If you are shooting for a true 4pm start, then GMT should be 8 p.m.

-Tifanyx
    ./me requotes my post from above to EXPLAIN the Timezones thing,,

SID AND FIXERBEN ARE BOTH WRONG.

Its 5pm EDT (Eastern DAYLIGHT Time)

So are we the only weirdos that change our clocks?! Dammit I want to move to Europe now... (times have been changed to reflect this - thx Fixerben )

Regarding the neutrals and Omni-Tek employees wishing to partake in the celebrations, I am quite certain that noble Clan members will rise up to protect those who would support a free and independent Rubi-Ka. In the alternative, we will ensure that the drinks and good times continue to flow at the Happy Rebel for those wishing to remain behind.
    So this parade is going to turn into a bloodbath? I dont think thats a very good way yo celebrate freedom. Killing in the streets...That doesnt say much freedom to me. We can find a better way.

Ok, not that I doubt you or anything Tif, but since you are The King of Fools, I decided to look it up.

Guess what?

You're right

I'm so not confused anymore and have discovered this site (click at your own risk. I'm not responsible for any spyware contained in this link, but it is a handy time zone converter).
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Originally posted by ValliKat
    Ok, not that I doubt you or anything Tif, but since you are The King of Fools, I decided to look it up.

Guess what?

You're right

I'm so not confused anymore and have discovered this site (click at your own risk. I'm not responsible for any spyware contained in this link, but it is a handy time zone converter).
    ((OOC: I'm not a fool. I just play one in AO. All my timezone talk was OOC.. ))

((Hehe...but can there be timezone talk "IC"? Thanks everyone ))
    Emiliy Age

Bump!

Emiliy Age

w00t

Thanks a lot for taking initiative, Emiliy ..
    I will be there .. And probably a damn lot of others too.
    Didymus - Solitus Trader, Member of Instability

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast