Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: EVENT: Rubikan Olympics - coming soon to a planet near you!

Day 3: Archery and Cross-Country Boating

Congratulations to all the entries of the archery, it seemed a very popular event…if a little slower than expected. Another odd thing about the whole thing was we got only one Clan member, who tried his hardest to win a medal for the Clans yet was beaten by overwhelming odds by all the neutrals. And oddly only one Omni employee decided to enter. Is archery a neutral “thing”? weird ain’t it.

Places were as follows:

1st: Artoxon
    2nd: Oliewabie (who also set a new Olympic record in the heats)
    3rd: Battlefalcon

Unfortunately again we had very little contestants from Rimor, and as such the event unfortunately had to be cancelled

Cross-Country Boating

The cross-country boating was expected to be one of the more busy events due to all the people we had ask us about it, but unfortunately it seems on both worlds we had more people spectating than racing (major shame) But both races did go ahead…and again is came out well for the neutrals.

On RK1 the results where:

1st: Deyo (Olympic record time of 18min 30sec)
    2nd: Yarko
    3rd: Nyadach

And in the RK2 race:

1st: Lakaiz (and only finisher)

Thank you to all contestants and spectators and thank you again to Gridfan for providing coverage of both events for Gridstream Productions.

Good luck everyone in tonights events, the Golf, and the ‘trox Masterminds Contest.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Medal Table after Day 3

Current standings table:

Gold Silver Bronze Pts:
    Omni: 3 2 1 14
    Neut: 4 4 3 23
    Clan: 1 0 2 5

(3 points for Gold, 2 for Silver, 1 for Bronze)

Eeek, the Clans ain't doing so well can they make a major come back and go for gold in the Golf and roll out there forces of Mastermind 'troxs? guess we'll find out tonight
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Time Change

Unfortunatly, due to large seizmic activity on Rubi-ka in the last 24hours ((ok, its patch day and my modems taking hours to DL this thing)), both of the RK2 events, the 'trox masterminds and the Golf will be moved to Friday at 9 and 10gmt (am) respectively.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Day 4: Rubi-ka General Knowledge Quiz and Golfing

Well, we had a lot of changes around the world yesterday, and a fair few in the Olympics. Both of the Rimor events have to have the start times moved later in the day due to seismic activities effecting all of Rubi-ka, and after that it seems many people are now busy with new fashions of wearing Rollerat helmets, and Monocles? Go figure, that’s fashion for you :P The quizzes which were to be held only to find the smartest Atrox was opened up at the last minute to allow contestants from all breeds…it was the only fair thing to do really.

The Olympics, what we’re all here for. The quiz which was held in Omni-Entertainments Baboons Night Club was popular, mostly with Omni and Neutral but we were also pleased that the Clans came (we did calm the guards by the grid exit to help them). The questions ranged from the simple, to the down right difficult, but after a hard fight, the quiz, and gold medal was won by Hotsy, a Omni bureaucrat. Silver was won by Zaduda, an enforcer in the employment of Omni-Tek. And the bronze went to the neutral citizen Orin. Genais from the Clans just missed out of a medal coming in just behind Orin. Thank you to all the contestants who decided to make this an enjoyable event, and due to the popularity of this quiz, we’ll hopefully be organising a Rubi-ka pub quiz tour shortly going around all the pubs, clubs, and bars or Rubi-ka…watch this space for further information on that in the coming weeks

In the Rimor event we unfortunately didn’t have as many contestants…but we did get 2 who fought it out for gold and silver. Gold in the end, in a tie-breaker final went to Cereberial, a recently arrived new citizen to Rubi-ka….big congratulations. And silver to Dervisus who played well throughout the contest. Thank you for both making the best of the event

In the Golfing, it seems that no one, either on Atlanteen or on Rimor wanted to come out and play. And after the organisers sat around in Tir Pavilion for a while hoping for more contestants, sadly non came…and as such the event had to be cancelled.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Medal Table & Change of Tonights Events

Gold Silver Bronze Pts:
    Omni: 5 4 1 24
    Neut: 4 4 4 24
    Clan: 1 2 5

Yet again, it seems the Clans are loosing out at the moment. We've just reached over half way through all the events, can they make a come back? Its pretty much a battle between the Neuts and Omni at the moment after Omnis huge come back yesterday.

Tonight we have the Maraton, and instead of the Clay MP Shooting (unfortunatly we havent found enough MPs for it) we'll be having....*drum roll* 2, YES TWO! events. First off as we loved the idea so much, the High Dive at Lush Resort. And then after this the Gymnastics in the Reets Retreat.

High Dive: 9pm GMT (8pm BST) Lush Hills Resort, RK1

Gymnastics: 11pm GMT (10pm BST) Reets Retreat, RK1

Marathon: 1am GMT (midnight BST) Starting outside Newlands on Lakeshore, RK1

Unfortunatly the RK2 events are cancelled today due to lack of support through this week from the dimension.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Cheers for the RK olympics!

Unless I've gone to sleep already, I'll try legging it along with people in the Marathon.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Gahh... How I wish there could be some activities such as Olympics on Rimor too ...

Christopher, there where events held on rimour too, just not many people get involved on that server

And maybe if you told everyone how you played golf, more would of terned up, cus i dont have a clue, lol

Make it happen! Get your Rimor RP guilds together and make things happen. These things on Atlantean are created by players for players. So, don't just wish it, make it happen!
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

It didn't start so bad on Rimor, we had a handfull of people, but as the week went on it just got worse and worse. And by the quiz we had 1mil cred bribes to try and get ppl, heck if that doesn't work....but well, it didn't. To be honest I feel sorry for the place, and I fully understand why a certain company didn't bother doing things there even though they got alot of grief for it. Who can blame them really? I do have to say that I did meet some nice RP orgs over on Rimor, as mentioned in an earlier post Shattered Dreams was very nice to us, and I really have to thank them for that Maybe another time in the future I guess.

As for the golf I am thinking it might have been hard. Proberly harder as it is totally RP driven so for those borderling folks it would have been hard having you hit your leet (who was morphed as a leet by an Adv) to somewhere, and every chasing after there respective leets and hitting them with the mallet towards the hole. Guess it was maybe just too much of a fun and joking event. Fingers crossed tonights things go better
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

High Dive: 9pm GMT (8pm BST) Lush Hills Resort, RK1
    !!!!!!

OOC: rk1? poop. tonight? poop (being pulled away from AO this weekend, unfortunately).

IC: Finally...a public showing to exert my high-diving prowess, and OmniTech pulls me away on 'official' business.

/me kicks at the ground and mutters naughty things..

My fate is more fickle than Luke Luck's.
    tricks

You might just get your chance Tricks
    It would seem that the seizemic activity which interfered with the Olympics the other evening has returned and we have to move things yet again ((OOC I am really starting to wonder if someone somewhere is telling me I really shouldnt have started all this hehe))....and due to all this, we have yet more time changes:

High Dive: 11pm GMT (10pm BST) Lush Hills Resort, RK1

Gymnastics: 12am GMT (11pm BST) Reets Retreat, RK1

Marathon: 11am GMT (10am BST) Starting outside Newlands on Lakeshore, RK1
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Well, I do have a fixer called 'Partyfixer' playing on Rimor. The name reveals the intentions .

I'm going to make a Neutral Entertainment Organisation at RK2. Since I've got experience leading a clan/guild/org in other games, I'm very strict when recruiting . No level requirement actually, just finesse, intelligence, creativity and maturity. Not too hard, eh?

I'll just level up my grid access with 'Partyfixer', then I'm ready to get going. It would be great if some interested Rimor inhabitants contacted me before I'm ready to go, just to discuss things .

I wish you the best of luck Christopher, someone needs to liven the place up big style
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

(OOC)

The Yalm race sounded like a real laugh... So Oggy mate you came first!!! Keepin it quiet are we?

And Gratz to Prez, nice one mate

(/OOC)

(OOC)

Aw. If I didn't have to work today, I'd be happy to participate in the Marathon. Oh well. Can't have cake and eat it too. :>

(/OOC)
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Day 5 Results: High Dive & Gymnastics

After yet more fun with strange seizmic ativities, Day 5 finally managed to kick off with the High Dive contest on another beautiful sunny day at the Lush Hills Holiday Resort. Contestants were all dressed for the event in there costumes and from the very top we only suffered a few fatalities with windsheer pushing them into the concrete around the pool. The biggest, and yes very very BIG surprise came from a Mr S.C. Slayerdroid who decided to take part. Throwing himself gracefully (if thats the right words for it) off the top floor of the diving board he easily took gold with his perfect landing in the pool. Mr Zaduda, who also took place in the Quiz earlier this week took silver with a brillient display of falling red flashing enforcer, and also a cold falling corpse moves. And bronze went to Mr Martialvisor for his backflips and karate chop actions while falling.

1st: Mr S.C. Slayerdroid
    2nd: Zaduda
    3rd: Martialvisor

In the gymnastics in the Reets Retreat we had some great moved from all the contestents and all the decisions on winners took alot of discussion. But showing us all, that even an Atrox can be nimble in the rafters, Mr Getlost from the Clans took gold. With the other results as follows:

1st: Getlost
    2nd: Evalissa
    3rd: Serter

The marathon was unfortunatly yet again delayed due to unforseen problems ((basically I slept in after staying up so late with the gymnastic event hehe)) and will be rescheduled for sometime on Sunday before the closing ceremony.

After 5 days, the medal table at the top is still very close, and with sign of a Clan fight back happened can they come all the way back now and take Olympic glory? or will it remain a close fight between the Neuts and the Omnis?

Omni: 6 Gold, 5 Silver, 2 Bronze…..Total Points: 30
    Neut: 4 Gold, 5 Silver, 5 Bronze…..Total Points: 27
    Clan: 2 Gold, 0 Silver, 2 Bronze…..Total Points: 8

Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Talking

Weee i got a silver hehe

Must of mistaken my drunken wobbling for acrobatics

It was still dark when the suns starting to rise over the Perpetual Wastes desert. There in the shadows of early morning stood two teams of equally badly dressed teams, ready for combat...or was it?

A whistle blew and the two teams ran at each other...but what’s this, no one had a gun, or even a blade? they ignored each other and pursued a Leet which ran for its safety across the desert with both teams chasing trying to possess it. With precision footwork both teams stole the Leet from one another as each tried to run with the Leet down to the opponents goal area which was situated between cactus’ at either end of the pitch.

The two teams, the Independent Rubikan Reets, and the Priesthood of Honour & Guests All Stars fought intently with each other for half an hour. The goalies of both teams being stretched on numerous occasions to some magnificent saves. With the scores tied at one all and half time closing the All Stars made a charge for the Reets goal, only for Terando to be brought down by Mr Lev Rivers of the IR inside the box. Marvin the Slayerdroid in the IR goal was all poised ready for the penalty. Charging forward and making a valiant dive he just missed the Leet as Terando buried the Leet into the top corner of the goal to great praise from his team mates. It was half time, and the score was 2 – 1 to the All Stars.

After a quick change of ends, the match commenced with a quick second half goal from Yarko of the Reets. The game was all even again, and the teams ran back and forth with shots being saved every minute at either end of the pitch. The fitness of these teams where quiet amazing, or was it just the stims they had at half time? Who knows, ain’t no sign of Omni-Pol out here to test it

With the end of the second half closing, the All Stars made one last mad dash for the Reets’ goal. Managing to distract the goalie with some brilliant passing before they managed to sneak the Leet in past the Slayerdroid by the back post. The local spectators where unruly with some of the decisions of the referee and did at times storm the pitch. On the whole they luckily didn't do much damage but for some minor reclaim visitations for the IRs star forward Mr Lev Rivers.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

For all those sports fans you've wondered what happened to the end of the Olympics, well it kinda went missing ((OOC: had to reformat my HD twice as everything got corrupted, and finally found a problem in my psu, but hey ho)).

We still have three events left, those being the Marathon, the Swimming, and the Relay...and as such here's the new schedule for the events:

Wednesday:
    RK1 Marathon, starting at Majestic Bridge in Varmint Woods. 8.30pm GMT

RK2 Swimming around Borealis Lake, starting at 10pm GMT

RK1 Swimming around Borealis Lake, starting at 11.30pm GMT

Thursday:
    RK1 Relay Race, starting at Majestic Bridge in Varmint Woods. 9pm GMT

Friday:
    RK1 Closing ceremony and party in the Reets Retreat, Last Ditch. 10pm GMT.

Hope to see as many of you there as possible
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast