Thread: Main gripe: exp loss due to BUGS!

Arrow Main gripe: exp loss due to BUGS!

Essentially, the main gripe and cause of frustration I experience in this game is not so much bugs - of which I get to see 1 to 3 new ones each and every play evening - but the experience loss caused by bugs and bad game design.

I don't mind losing 95% of level experience if its my fault - well I do to be honest, but I'm not that angry and disapponted as when exp loss is caused by FC. Consider following:

° Returning from mission that brought me in 90% expereince, I run onto a 4 vultures mid on a street in Avalon. My car is fast, I have good chances to dodge/skid through, but... the first aid kits don't work when you drive and are attacked until well out of battle... (40k exp lost, not my fault?)

° We used to get stuck on watery edges in cave missions, the mobs used to freeze then attack after 5 or more minutes with 20+ stream of vicious hits at once (client-server communication error?) killing you on the spot. (50k exp lost, evening done, AO shutdown)

° My staff creation somehow began not to disappear on its end of 2 hours. I cannot attack to add some 300-some and more posion damage mid in fight, try again and again to futively start the battle per Q key. Wandering whats on, before GM told me its a know bug (?) I die, lose 36k exp. AO evening off.

° Mob drops on you from down below (aggro pathing??), joins 2-3 other reds from first mission room. You get insta-rooted and insta-nuked since 13.6 patch. Insta-death (not your fault) and you're dead, wham-bam there goes 20 mis ride into wilderness and your exp up so far.

° Zone border aggros: since several patches ago, you get aggroed on zoning even without making that first step (that used to save you). Now you get zone camped by aggro mobs on both sides, until you die. Shades of EQ. Not enjoyable.

° yesterdays 45k loss: server error, I get dumped mid in fight deep mid in a huge mission. I get in as soon as possible (5 mins later) to find all pets gone, and all of the mission space RE_POPULATED with mobs I killed before. The map is, "of course" gone and lost, so I miss the exit while running out by some 2 rooms more, dying 3 m from the exit door. Such fun! FUN COM or FUn CON? heh

° etc, dying to bugs, losing huge exp chunks. I think if I discover few more fun die bugs far off in wilderness missions, I'll have to ditch this otherwise promising game in order to save myself from frustration (I don't mind 13$).

Enjoyable? Don't think so.
    If FC is not capable of tidying the bugs that lead to severe exp loss, why at least not lower the exp loss to 20% of the level exp?
    Last edited by Rowenna; Feb 18th, 2002 at 15:35:57.

° yesterdays 45k loss: server error, I get dumped mid in fight deep mid in a huge mission. I get in as soon as possible (5 mins later) to find all pets gone, and all of the mission space RE_POPULATED with mobs I killed before. The map is, "of course" gone and lost, so I miss the exit while running out by some 2 rooms more, dying 3 m from the exit door. Such fun! FUN COM or FUn CON? heh

This one happened to me. I had spent about 3 hours clearing the mission before this happened lost about 1/3 of my level (97).

I canceled my accounts for the "Can't do jack, it's a feature" response. I honestly wonder if Funcom even has looked up the word customer service.

Eventually they will realize that instead of having a good game, they have the worst one that still can't even handle stable clients and stable servers.

Certainly these types of issues are the least bearable for me.

To have spent an hour or more fighting to a point in a mission and then some 'feature' causes the mission to repopulate leaving u mapless, petless and in a room with an agroing mob isnt encouraging me to keep playing.

For non pet classes it may not be as serious, or fatal. Damn but its annoying.

Also the exp loss over the last few days due to this type of thing is about a levels worth, over 4 mil.

When driving keep your aggro bar below 50%. The first aid kits seem to work in a vehicle if you are not "attacking". Also try pressing ESC to cancel attacks in progress.
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

stop for a split second after using the kit, it on ly kicks in after you stop moving for a split second.

I'm with you on all the rest

Unhappy Negative !!

I travel dangerous zones in Reet-form. Most of the speed bonus of a Kodiak and uses IP I will spend anyway. I get attacked fly past until I am not under attack and stop. No First Aid kits don't work.... Treatment Kits don't either!?! Drop Reet-form and the first aid kit I tried 4 times before hits instantly.

Mind you I used to be able to heal "on the fly" or "on the run". But not anymore!! Some "genius" decided this wasn't "fair" for some reason. And now I can't heal at all while in Reet-form. Which IMO is really stupid.

Otherwise I really don't care about the XP loss. I terminate out of a lot of my missions because I don't want to level up without making any credits. And I can't afford to upgrade my implants, weapons and armor. So it's a better choice to volintarilly stay where I'm at till I can make some money. For some reason FunCom doesn't seem to want players to do that??? It makes me wonder if some of them aren't making some money on the side - selling credits on Ebay?