Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OOC: Life expectancy?

err...

Originally posted by Zombra
    (OOC) My understanding is that each and every AO character has a maximum lifespan of 5 years.
    (OOC) from what I understand, every ao character can expect world changes and additions for the five year period, after that, they will live on, though in a maintenance mode, and may be superceded by some other reality from the same company along the same lines. If you look at some of the muds, some of them have been running for over 10 years since their last development day, with people paying to play.

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Originally posted by Viray
    Since Reclaim is simply the soul entering the newly created body ( a genetic match of the original) couldn't someone rig a system to every once in a while "refresh" their genetic copy?

Sure you'd lose some experience and knowledge (hence why we scan) but theoritically you could live forever.
    Well in the timeline it says that after 75 your "life force will start to dissipate" - meaning that your soul is aging ever if your body is kept "fresh" by insurance technology.
    Agent Jacinto "Asura" Ashwell
    Finalizer
    Lost Chapter

Uncurable forum lurker

ooc

Ok, so the soul will start ageing at 75, and you can normally no longer insure yourself. Seeing that we, at present time start ageing from the moment we're born until we die at up to 100+ years old, this could indicate that you could live a good 75-100 years more after last insurance scan on Rubi-Ka.

Sure...the bots will no longer keep you healthy and remove all illness. And yes, the soul will age. But that doesn't mean you die instantly or at, say, 80 years old. It seems more like that after your sould begins to age (at 75) and you can no longer insure your DNA (at 75), then you start moving towards death like you would normally.

Player of Lille

Its strange that the timeline says 21-75. I just met Mr. Gibs in WA and he tells me the age is 18-70(according to Omni-Tek policy). If you want to see the entire transcript of my conversation with Mr. Gibs you can find it here.
    Advisor of First Light
    Tradeskill How-To's, Engineer Profession Guides, and Jello Wrestling at The Tir School of Engineering
    Confused by Alien Tech? Check out my Alien Invasion Guides

New to Engineering? Try HighOrbit's Engineer Guide. Thanks HighOrbit

Originally posted by Lyricia
    Its strange that the timeline says 21-75. I just met Mr. Gibs in WA and he tells me the age is 18-70(according to Omni-Tek policy). If you want to see the entire transcript of my conversation with Mr. Gibs you can find it here.
    Congrats Lyricia for actually getting something coherent out of Mr. Gibs!
    When i tried talking to him he just rambled on about mushrooms.....
    Anyways, an interesting read, I had no idea that insurance technology was still that unstable. ( Storywise, gameplaywise of course, it has to be 100% foolproof)
    On another note - being resurrected must be the most traumatic experience a person can go through.
    How does one react to such an event psychologically?
    Last edited by Asura; Apr 15th, 2003 at 17:16:13.
    Agent Jacinto "Asura" Ashwell
    Finalizer
    Lost Chapter

Uncurable forum lurker

Well in the timeline it says that after 75 your "life force will start to dissipate" - meaning that your soul is aging ever if your body is kept "fresh" by insurance technology.
    Ah, but this is when a person has reached the age of 75 years, the body has changed, weakened, this could account for the "life force" dissipation. If your body was "refreshed" every 10 years from age 30 ~ 40 you "life force" would probably remain strong enough to contain such use and extension of life would be possible.

The only reason I say its the bodily aging that effects the "life force" is that if the "life force" equals what we could consider a "soul" then this energy is eternal, meaning that it is neither created nor destoryed, simply changing states... which means if you keep the shell healthly you shouldn't lose any of the energy.

Just some silly deep thoughts.
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

well first of all who says the soul is eternal?

And even if we assume that the soul is eternal, there might some "stress" associated with the souls bond to a physical body.
    Perhaps it is a bond that that strains the etheral nature of the soul?
    Perhaps after a time, the soul can no longer maintain its hold of a physical host and "drifts off" into its native etheral plane, never dying but unable to stay in a physical shell.

That's one explanation at least

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12