Thread: "the list" of things i've had go wrong.

"the list" of things i've had go wrong.

Perhaps some of this is game knowledge I don't have, but in general I do not beleive so (having done my fair share of hacking and/or programming)

Each of the things on this list has happened more than once, and not more than . . . every time.

A rooted NPC/monster in mission: Will unroot itself and flow through the walls of the mission on intercept course with me. (happened 4x)

Firstaid yourself and/or teammate then rapidly switch back to NPC/monster and the 'healing halo' will appear on that monster rather than the healed target. *Note: The healed target still gets healed, its just the graphics. (every time)

Burst mode (this one pisses me off). If you fire burst mode with fewer than 3 rounds of ammo in the weapon the remaining ammo is lost -and- the burst action. You need to reload and wait the recharge of burst action. (every time)

Random zone crossings rearrainges my INV. I heard this was fixed but i've had it happen; dozen times. Sorry but I wasn't in the list sort of mind to record the places it happened. (dozen times)

I fire my weapon two (2) times per single (1) hit on a NPC/monster. I fire once (1) for every miss. Burst and auto modes, aimed shot... all special attack modes (when they display at all) use the correct ammount of visual representation. this is annoying but like firstaid, nonthreatening. (always)

Mission bug. others have said something about it already. -crash- / -exit client- return, things not the way they should be. On the up side I had already completed the mission(s) and was only cleaning out critters. I did lose the xp that I had earned
    -after- i finished the objective. (not more than 3x {for a total of 10,000ish xp})

3rd person view: The -ELEVATION- of the view does not reset properly after sitting. I end up looking into/through my characters -back- instead of my favorite position of just over the shoulder. *note: i have found that ctrl-f8'ing through "rear" and then back to "fixed" will reset the -elevation- properly so that I'm looking over the characters head. (every time I sit/stand/move too quickly) And a note to those who's view is zooming all the way out, if you hold down CTRL to change the angle -while- you are "autorun" it will zoom -away- from your character. I've had it happen afew times. The camera stays in the location where you hit CTRL-rightclick, while your character runs away. (IE zoom out)

The rest are just gameplay complaints, cause I'm the sort to do that

Can't find a lefthand/righthand SMG with only SMG and Burst. Everything for dual weild has a pistol requirement on it. I wouldn't complain but the pistol req is as high as the SMG skill req.

Sneaking is pointless.

Snipers (admitedly I've missed the pre-tweak sniping days), suck. The only way I was able to gloat and use my "one shot one kill" script was when I aimedshot a leet. (as a lvl 30 agent) and i mean one of the noobie leets.... outside the doors of omni1.
    One aimed shot and then you have to root, run, try to hid again and even ifyou do the critter has healed the meager damage you've done it by the time it 'doesn't notice you' .... main reason i went fixer.

I wasn't able to throw the grenades I won. Had the skill, had the range, had it all set just like normal, then I attack and the grenades deselected themselves and put themselves in my pack.

All in all... I'm still going to play AO and with as little .. can i say that? B ching as possible. But hey, if mentioning the problem can get it fixed it will maximize my enjoyment of AO for long time to come. Keep up the great work and psst! get me dual QL 50ish solarpowered SMG...

Desbet the agent dim2
    Deltan the Fixer dim2
    Mezbeth the Enforcer (recently deleted)
    Last edited by Desbet; Feb 18th, 2002 at 14:41:19.