Thread: My Home

My Home

From the desk of Major McCovery
    Leader of Desert Winds

A giant ball of red rock, hanging in space. She goes by the name of Rubi-Ka. Until 800 years ago Rubi-Ka was an unihabited planet, just one of the many in the galaxy. Then Omni-Tek came, they came for one thing and one thing only; to make more money.

An artificial ecosystem was created by Omni-Tek, many types of flora and fauna were released into this develping system with differing results. Some were even genetically modified solitus, more adapated to life here on Rubi-Ka. More people moved here and settled down, they worked in the mines or in the day to day running of those mines. All the people were employees of Omni-Tek.

An accident in the mines, atrox were left to die. The miners rebelled and the formation of what we call the clans began. Initially a rag tag bunch of miners wanting better conditions, their ideology changed over time. I am no clan historian though to document that.

More people moved to Rubi-Ka, those who were here raised families. Lived and died on this rock we call Rubi-Ka. Those who were and are still born here, they have Rubi-Ka inside them. They are Rubi-Kan, the stuff of Rubi-Ka courses through their veins and is part of their bones.

I was born here, once i even worked and fought for Omni-Tek. My family has been here for generations. I have not come from elsewhere, I have not been elsewhere. I am a human who lives and will die on Rubi-Ka. My home is my concern, her future and the future of my line, my race, my species.

We have turned Rubi-Ka into something more than she used to be in those 800 years. A ball of rock hanging in space, empty, cold and lifeless. Now a place with a peoples, a people who are the sentient part of Rubi-Ka. While we Rubi-Kans live then Rubi-Ka will never die and we will not let her.
    Last edited by Dr Tiny; Apr 9th, 2003 at 20:04:57.
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends