Thread: RUR - Ban on Clan Sales Lifted

RUR - Ban on Clan Sales Lifted

Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR) are happy to announce their export licence to the Northern Territories has finally been renewed. For the last two months Omni-Admin had put a hold on all sales of RUR robots to Clan customers. The concern expressed by Omni-Admin is that though RUR only produces household robots, the innovative RUR technology could be subverted and put to use for military applications.

Throughout this period RUR have been in negotiation with Omni-Admin's Red Tape organisation to have this ban lifted.
    Red Tape have conducted a study on RUR robots and visited our facilities. They have concluded that:

(1) The technology used in RUR's robots is not directly relevant to military applications
    (2) The technology used in RUR's robots is not easily duplicated and
    (3) as RUR robots have been available to legally buy from Neutral retailers anyway, points (1) and (2) are largely irrelevant.

Many thanks to Kithrak of Red-Tape for looking into our case. And to our future Clan customers, look out for the exciting new range of RUR household robots due to appear soon in Fair Trade, Tir and other authorised retailers!

RUR, we teach our bots to think... so you don't have to!
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Good news!!

Well done in your negotiations!!

I look forward to working on some chilled out bots from the Clans at Bronto Ranch sometime soon then

By the way... If I am going to be overhauling your bots, I will need the schematics to the new QPT technology in order to better serve my charges...hope that can be arranged.
    Balerienne
    tek_chik@postmaster.co.uk

Bliqz reluctantly adds RUR to his ever growing list of "Organizations with Questionable Loyalty", and sighs.

It gets harder and harder to find a job these days.
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Ooooh you better watch out RUR. Rejkavik is going to be watching all of you.

Vallikat feels the ground shake as the members of RUR collectively shake in their boots.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Um... with the way some of those 'bots work, it may be Omni who just won out...

/me points to rule 4
    Former EQ Cleric lvl 26, no relation to Bugs Bunny
    90 337 $0|\/|3 l337: It's not just for dinner anymore

Originally posted by Wabbitech
    Um... with the way some of those 'bots work, it may be Omni who just won out...

/me points to rule 4
    /oo Lol Wabbitech!

Noholds looks over the trade papers . "Well i see our stock in RUR just went up due to trade restrictions lifted on Clann territorities. Maybe that Clan org leader , Vix, will not only get
    a catalog but her own Rur bot as well now!".

Arie sits at her paper-covered desk, her feet propped up on an unidentifiable hunk of broken machinery, reading over the news and munching thoughtfully on a bit of bronto jerky. "I dunno," she thinks to herself, "always did sound to me like these positronic whatevers were kind of a disaster waiting to happen. On the other hand... I dunno, the Killer Tomato could probably use a CPU upgrade. " She turns to the red-painted guardbot standing near the door of her cluttered apartment. "Sound like a plan, bud?" The 'bot just stands there. "Yeah... you could use a little somthing to liven you up a bit. And besides..." she shoves the remaining chunk of bronto jerky into her mouth, "... all that stuff about robots going mad and berzerk and getting strange ideas about hell is prolly just propaganda. I mean, sure they're Omni. But how bad could these things possibly be?" She ponders the question for a minute or two, takes a big gulp of Setting Sun saki to wash down her lunch, and resolves to drop RUR a comm one of these days.

((Edited because my grammar suxx0rz))
    Last edited by Aerinyi; Apr 11th, 2003 at 23:28:17.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

Sake and Bronto Jerky?

I'm not a big one for bronto meat, but I may have to give that combo a try.

Sorry for minor thread-jack there.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Originally posted by ValliKat
    Sake and Bronto Jerky?
    Mmmm...Sounds delicious.
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Originally posted by Ariekel
    On the other hand... I dunno, the Killer Tomato could probably use a CPU upgrade. " She turns to the red-painted guardbot standing near the door of her cluttered apartment. "Sound like a plan, bud?" The 'bot just stands there. "Yeah... you could use a little somthing to liven you up a bit.

((Edited because my grammar suxx0rz))
    I like him the way he is. At least he doesn't give you much trouble.

ToyWabbit: "Join Clanz. Me want clannr chx"

AAUUGGHH!!! Cheap lecherous 'bot! See what I mean?!?
    Former EQ Cleric lvl 26, no relation to Bugs Bunny
    90 337 $0|\/|3 l337: It's not just for dinner anymore

Congratulations

Great news on the new licence, Dabblez. Does that mean we no longer have to have our little meeting about costs?

I'm sure looking forward to seeing some more of your bots down on the ranch!

~TR~
    Chief Rancher & Pardner,
    Bronto Ranch Breaks
    Last edited by Texasrose; Apr 12th, 2003 at 11:30:24.
    Bronto Ranch Breaks
    A wholly owned subsidiary of Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)

On the contrary TR, trying to break into a new market will just raise our costs in the short term. RUR is very keen to talk as we have a interesting proposition for you.

Dabblez