Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breed restrictions on Offplanet travel

hehe

It may be propoganda

I have never seen a Nano offworld, so it may have just been Omni propoganda. We all know how accurate it can be.

There might also be a question of surviving vs thriving offworld. Perhaps there was some excursions of nanos offworld, but it may have been at great personal discomfort even damage to themselves.

Personally I could not imagine a nano without the ability to control its bots to perform its basic hygene and make coffee in the morning. Its kind a funny image, Mr Big Brain cant figure out how to use the shower....

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

((I know this happened a long time ago. But I just had an idea.))

This only applies to Homo-Solitus:

Part of the reason offplanet travel may be restricted is because of the special Nanobots in use on Rubi-Ka. The nanobots on Rubi-Ka are adapted to use Notum. So it would make sense to me that if you left Rubi-Ka you would be left with millions of nonfunctioning nanobots all through your body. Your immune system would see these as foreign objects and try to destroy them. This would cause serious problems with the functioning of your body. I heard somewhere that the inhabitants of Rubi-Ka have to have their nanobots flushed every 6 years or so. If this is true and nanobots can be flushed then it is just a simple procedure of evacuating the nanobots and not replacing them. Then your body will be clean of and nanobots. After that problem has been solved there is still another. Your body was created and has had small notum powered nanobots in it your whole life on Rubi-Ka. So in effect you had a long term immune system, and muscle booster. I beleive there are still nanobots on other planets, but not of the same type as the notum tuned ones on Rubi-Ka. This may cause your current Homo-Solitus which has been tuned for use with Notum Attuned Nanobots to be incompatible with other nanobots. This would also cause problems with the body's immune system. I think I might start a research paper on this...

Let me know what ya think
    Last edited by Fixerben; Apr 23rd, 2003 at 21:52:24.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Anyone wanna help me research?

As a point of related interest, there might be a way that a Nano breed could leave the planet. I once saw Dr Omeneal Certes, former CoT sponsored scientific mind, turn a Homo Solitus into a Blubag. And then turn him back. Sure, I know what you are thinking, and yes, I had been drinking. But not enough to not know what I was seeing, and besides, there were other witnesses. After the demonstration I spoke with Dr Certes about the possibility of permanent breed change. He believed it possible, with little to no side effects. So, it might be possible for a Homo Nano to change itself to a Homo Solitus and thereby leave the planet. But, that would depend upon the Homo Nano in question being able to find Dr Certes, and convince him to help, which would be no mean feat.

Offered without comment.

Ailish.
    Thinker, Do-er, Warrior Poet.
    Proud founder of EndGame.
    President of First Light.
    Queen of West Athen.

I don't see why a Nano couldn't leave the planet as long as they were shut up in some sort of Notum saturated tank of some sort or a suit that supplies them with the notum they need (encounter suit perhaps, like an astronauts eva suit)

::Sets down his beerbot blueprints and picks up a crayon::

::Hmm an RUR Nano-Eva offplanet encounter suit yes yes I got it, I think I...::

::He makes a squigly line with the crayon::

Oh nevermind

Ognom, I'm sure if you talk to some friends in RUR they can help you with a design. But you need more than a Crayon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12