Thread: Clanners = amnesty? nope.

Clanners = amnesty? nope.

I hate to burst all the omni PvPers' bubbles of eliteness.... but the clans have not accepted any amnesty or ceasefire yet. Last time I checked, the CoT was still in session with clan leaders on the subject.
    Omni has offered us the idea of amnesty... then kill us whenever we enter their territory. WHAT THE HELL KIND OF AMNESTY IS THAT?! Ceasefire my ASS!
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

You're allowed to hunt in our forests and move freely in our deep homelands... isn't that enough?

So now you want to go into our military instalations and **** our merchants and their families? The line is drawn at that point Mister.

It is your OWN contempt of this amnesty which makes it fail...

Mege
    M.O.T.H.E.R.

The whole point about the Amnesty is that it is a unilateral offer, from Omni-Tek, for any clanfolk to join the Company fold regardless of what may have happened in the past.

An olive branch, if you will.

What an amnesty is not, and by definition cannot be, is a "cease fire". A cease fire is a BILATERAL agreement: it has to be reached by agreement from both sides. Until negotiations have taken place between fully accredited Company and CLan representatives there can be no cease fire.

The true significance of the Amnesty is the idea it represents: that Omni-Tek's leadership see a possibility of reconciliation and are willing to take the first steps in pursuing it. Until and unless the Clans make a positive response via their elected leadership, we cannot expect the situation on the ground to improve.
    Katie 'Teian' Demesa
    --- SPARTA ---

Thumbs up Tir Accords

There is a ceasefire; it was started at the signing of the Tir accords. Since that time there have not been Omni-Tek tanks, fighter planes, or troops in battle with clan forces, there for the ceasefire is still holding.

The Amnesty was offered to try to sure up the ceasefire. Read the report for yourself.

http://community.anarchy-online.com/...mnitek/amnesty

The skirmishes that go on daily in MMD, 2HO, and 4Holes are by the individual members of each side, not by authority of ether factions.
    ------------------------------------------------
    General Blyzzard
    Division 9
    Strat Ops
    -----------------------------------------------

Thankyou for that Wyndrunneer, I was clearly in serious error.

As you say, the low intensity conflict that is the day-to-day reality of Rubi-Ka is several orders of magnitude below a total war footing. It is in neither side's interests to see that state of affairs return. However the status quo is hardly satisfactory either, with citizens going fearfully in many areas of the planet.

The thrust of my argument remains - the current move is a unilateral one from Omni-Tek, via the offices of Mr. Ross. It would seem imperative that the Clan leadership formulate their response with a little more alacrity. They have sat on their hands long enough.
    Katie 'Teian' Demesa
    --- SPARTA ---

Don't be deceived, fellow clanners. OT offered this "amnesty" solely for their own purposes--as a propaganda tool against us, in an effort to divide us and shrink our numbers, and as a cost-saving measure--war is expensive.

Reject the amnesty, reject the promised peace, reject Omni-Tek. There can be no compromise--only freedom.