Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lawsuit filed against Mythic dealing with right to sell items on websites like EBAY

Ebay has never ruined a game. It's just a nice scapegoat used by idiots who can't think for themselves.

I'd say 98% of those opposed to ebay are the holier then though type. The other 2% are too stupid to even be that. I've yet to see one simple argument against ebay other then the eula. They all range from 'oh it's bad' to 'oh i don't like it' to 'i'm a gimp who is too stupid to play this game and make myself feel better by accusing anyone with a brain of using ebay' to 'ebay people are noobies who don't know how to play.'

So lets see. The biggest argument is duped credits. Say I am dupergirl2. I dupe 10 gazillion credits to sell on ebay. Oh no. I just 'ruined' the economy. Now lets see. Let's pretend ebay didn't exist. Do you think dupergirl2 wouldn't bother duping credits anyways? *ponder* Ok, since that seems to hurt your brains, the answer is no. Of course she would. Dupers/cheaters really don't need a dollar sign at the end. And by the way, we could flood the economy with zillions of credits and guess what? It doesn't ruin the economy. It's ruined for one simple reason. Much much much more money is 'created' then 'destroyed'. If I have to explain that in more detail, then you're not going to be able to grasp the concept anyways. Moving on.

Ebayed characters are noobies. So what? I fail to see how this is such a horrifying thng. So they are stupid people who don't know how to play. How does that differentiate them from 80% of the ao playerbase? It doesn't. And no one forces you to interact with them either. Moving on.

Ebay is against the eula. That is the only argument that should be used. The only one. If you're using anything else, you're a holier then though evangelist wannabe.

I think some of you might find more enjoyment if you didn't spend your lives worrying about others. But such a revelation might be too shocking for your stunted minds. So pretend you didn't read that.

And the court case doesn't mean a thing. It's already against the eula, and people do it anyways. All it'll do is give someone an excuse for a lawsuit. Yay. More ways for greedy small **** complexed people to attempt to make money.

*yawn*

Lilnymph lol to funny

"Originally posted by Asynthe
    When I played Ultima Online and sold gold there on ebay, I would sell an autographed picture of myself, and as a bonus, I would give you 1 million gold in UO for free! It's not against the rules to give people free gold, or in this case credits. "

"I learned that little trick from a scalper when I bough tickets to a sold out show. Cops went to arrest him, but couldn't, cause he was selling pictures of himself, and giving the tickets away to whoever bought one. "

You are right it wouldnt hold up in court. I dont remember the actual name of the law, but i think it is called the "the one item law" dealing mainly with services.

I loved the story about the scalper. It reminded me of my roommate who was a Licensed massage therapist but had another side line. She had these pictures on the wall next to her massage table. When the gentleman wanted a certain service, she would as them which picture he wanted to buy.

8D

Poors Wiped a cup of Coffee

Love your post hon!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123