Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Out of Hypocrasy ( An Editorial )

Originally posted by Savoy
    The accusation in the title of this thread is hypocrisy and I suppose it can be summed up as follows; if we look at the events of the last generation, of the last 20 years or so, there is very little difference between the behaviour of OTRK and the clans. Both seek to increase their wealth and influence above anything else. Show me something in living memory that OT has done to the Clans that the Clans have not also been doing to OT? Show me how on the whole the Clans treatment of to Neutrals, of peaceful cultures like Rhinomen or the Yuttos and of the environment itself has been any less exploitative and disdainful than OT’s? Let’s see some facts rather than the usual rhetoric.

Omni-Tek are no saints but nor are they monsters. The same exactly can be said of the Clans or indeed of any large human organisation. The only difference I can see is the Clan want to pursue their ambitions of power and wealth and still come out smelling of roses. In the old day’s, that used to be called ‘having your cake and eating it’.

But hey, if shouting ‘freedom’ and ‘democracy’ helps you sleep at night, who am I to argue?
    Beautiful.
    Vice President Cristin "Jypsie" Kaba
    Division 9 : Rational Science and Genotype Enforcement
    R.S.G.E Division 9

Webster is your friend.

You who consider yourselves actors and performers,
    if you play a compelling tune the people will dance.
    - Leetraider

Quote ::
    By: Me... Daetona.

"Are there members of the Clans that wish to see Clan Sentinels removed from Tir? Yes... "

Quote ::
    By: Me... Daetona.

"To those that have attempted to do so, I applaud you, and in no way include you in the above Editorial's comments of hypocrasy. At least those revolving around the events in Tir and Newland City. "

I said most of the Clans did not say a word when the Sentinels invaded Tir... Not "all". In my original Editorial, I said "There was hardly a Clan that did not raise a fist in approval " .

So yes Ben, I have responded to those Members of the Clans that disagreed with my statements, and clarified what I meant time and time again.

This it the fourth or fifth time I have clarified this point, that there are some Clans that disagree with Silverstone, and others that are even working to remove him and his devils from Tir.

Savoy, that is a very insightful sumation of events over the last twenty years, thank you.
    *Cuts to the cold static of an ended Grid-feed...*

Division 9 RSGE

The problem with most Omni-Tek employees is that they see our methods as our goals and question if we know what we're fighting for. The more appropriate question, do Omni-Tek employees know what clans are fighting for and do they not recongize the methods we use to accomplish these goals?

Perhaps if Omni-Tek can better understand the difference in our methods versus our goals there would be no cries of hypocrasy.

((Your not getting it Daetona. I'm going to leave you alone to think what you want. But trust me your not getting it.))

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Originally posted by Savoy
    Show me something in living memory that OT has done to the Clans that the Clans have not also been doing to OT?
    Omni-Tek has referred to, and treated, atroxes as equipment rather than people, while clans never in their lifetime have treated, or called, Omni-Tek employees like equipment. Omni-Tek held back reclaim technology from clans while clans never in their lifetime held back reclaim technology from Omni-Tek.

There's two off the top of my head.

Anyway, rather than having us disprove your entire argument why don't you prove it instead?

edit: typo
    Last edited by Cemetarygate; Apr 13th, 2003 at 20:09:05.

Originally posted by Cemetarygate

Omni-Tek has referred to, and treated, atroxes as equipment rather than people, while clans never in their lifetime have treated, or called, Omni-Tek employees like equipment. Omni-Tek held back reclaim technology from clans while clans never in their lifetime held back reclaim technology from Omni-Tek.

There's two off the top of my head.

Anyway, rather than having us disprove your entire argument why don't you prove it instead?

edit: typo
    And the clans treating Omni-Tek employees like clay pidgeons for target practice to serve your higher cause somehow make it more noble and just? The clans have never had the resources nor technical expertise to develop the complicated insurance system. Saying that Omni-Tek held it back is moot. They spent the money, personel and resources to develop it and what did the clans do? Wait for Omni-Tek to finish then kick and scream loudly to get it for free.

Hint, instead of sitting around defending how noble you and your friend are in fighting for clan freedom why not auctually do something other than talk about how you "used to" make a half-hearted attempt to shoo the Knights from Tir?
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Well put Kithrak...

(ooc~ Please refrain from ooc remarks guys and gals. This is RP, not RL, and no cause for real emotion or frustration... and yes, I do realize the hypocrasy in going ooc to ask people not to go ooc. :0 )
    *Cuts to the cold static of an ended Grid-feed...*

Division 9 RSGE

((I made the ooc remark to avoid any frustration. So if in the future I need to do so to avoid frustration I will.))

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Originally posted by Charles
    And the clans treating Omni-Tek employees like clay pidgeons for target practice to serve your higher cause somehow make it more noble and just?
    More noble and just than you make it out to be.
    The clans have never had the resources nor technical expertise o develop the complicated insurance system. Saying that Omni-Tek held it back is moot. They spent the money, personel and resources to develop it and what did the clans do? Wait for Omni-Tek to finish then kick and scream loudly to get it for free.
    What carbonrich rock did you crawl out from under?

Clans don't "get it for free." We pay to use the technology. So, one has to wonder why Omni-Tek, who strives for profits, didn't provide clans the technology sooner than later. But, as you said, moot point as to why, right?
    Hint, instead of sitting around defending how noble you and your friend are in fighting for clan freedom why not auctually do something other than talk about how you "used to" make a half-hearted attempt to shoo the Knights from Tir?
    You're hinting the wrong person. I simply corrected Daetona's error. Now run along and tell that to the right people. I'm sure they would love your support.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234