Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Out of Hypocrasy ( An Editorial )

(( ed - double post ))
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Originally posted by Savoy
    Viray, there is one major distinction. The average Joe-Omni wants peace because peace is good for business. As long as clans don't attack OT concerns, he doesn't really care about the clans.

The average Joe-Clan doesn't seem to want peace becasue he is still sore with OT for stuff that happened 200 years ago. He cares about what OT does because he feel the clans should rule the whole of the planet (democratically of course), not just the North.

And of course there are extremists both sides who just keep fanning the flames, and Borpac orgs who agenda puts them in a direct collision course with pretty much everyone. But at least I can understand Borpac's point of view.

Savoy
    Staring you in the face yet you still can't see it, can you?

"Joe-Omni wants peace because peace is good for business." Joe-Clan wants war because war is bad for buisness. Get it now?

Clan realize that war costs Omni-Tek credits, which is the only thing Omni-Tek seem to understand. We cost them credits, which get their attention, which ulimatly get us something in return. Hopefully we'll cost them enough credits that they'll give us everything we're fighting for.

again by Daetona...

"As for the Guards in Newland City being no different than the Sentinals in Tir? Well, last I knew, Tir was 'taken over' by Clan Sentinals, and the guards in Newland City where hired by those that run the city, and still do. So there is a MAJOR difference in the two. One was requested to be there, and the other invited themself... As for moral properties of the two, they may very well all be murderous villains, but that does not change the fact that one was invited, and the other not. No spin involved, those are the simple facts, whether you agree with them or not."

Interesting "facts" as you call them. Simple FACT is that Elite Operations hired Warr's thugs to kill Clan in NLC. Is it your opinion that Elite Operations "run the city" of NLC? I'd venture to say that most Neutrals would vehemently disagree that the mercenary organization EO "runs" NLC. Do you somehow imagine that a majority of Neutrals chose to have Warr's thugs enter NLC any more than Clans chose to have the Sentinels enter Tir? I think it is you that have a rather clouded view of how things came about...

"Those with any vision can see that there are Employees of Omni-Tek that do desire peace, and a better life for ALL citizens of Rubi-Ka, and those are the people I wish to address."

Oh, no doubt you are correct in this...I know quite a few OT empoyees that want peace as much as I do. Those are the people you address though? Please, don't make me laugh...your rhetoric did nothing to promote peace...it only served to inflame. If you can inflame me then I find your bid for peace laughable...

Originally posted by Daetona
    When I speak of removing Silverstone from power, I mean just that... remove him from POWER. Sending him back to reclaim a few times will do nothing in the way of acheiving that goal. It must be done on a political level, not with blades and bullets.

To those that have attempted to do so, I applaud you, and in no way include you in the above Editorial's comments of hypocrasy. At least those revolving around the events in Tir and Newland City.

Now, those of you that call me a 'spin-doctor' or an 'Omni-Propagandaist' ... believe what you will, but don't put your own spin on my words as you do so, that is again, hypocrasy. And do not include the rest of Division 9 RSGE in your attacks. These are MY views, and have nothing to do with anything from Division 9 's point of view or political stand-points.

As for the Guards in Newland City being no different than the Sentinals in Tir? Well, last I knew, Tir was 'taken over' by Clan Sentinals, and the guards in Newland City where hired by those that run the city, and still do. So there is a MAJOR difference in the two. One was requested to be there, and the other invited themself... As for moral properties of the two, they may very well all be murderous villains, but that does not change the fact that one was invited, and the other not. No spin involved, those are the simple facts, whether you agree with them or not.

Onto the quality of life issue... Now here is where I agree with what has been said thus-far. The quality of life for ALL citizens of Rubi-Ka is sorely lacking, and War does not help it improve one bit. Sadly, there is little that can be done to remedy this at present, but hopefully one day there will be. Technology can only bring so much to this, you are right. However, the advances Omni-Tek has made in these areas has made a healthy share of lives better. The Reclaim Tech, as I said previously, has removed most people's concern of life's HIGHEST priority, Self-Preservation. So, it is a good start in moving forward into other fields, and increasing the quality of life for all here on Rubi-Ka.

Now, I'm sure that again, I'll be called a 'spin-doctor' by some people, and that does not concern me. Those with any vision can see that there are Employees of Omni-Tek that do desire peace, and a better life for ALL citizens of Rubi-Ka, and those are the people I wish to address.

Savoy, it is nonsense that "the average Joe-Clan doesn't seem to want peace...". I don't know what kind of a poll you took but the average Clanner I know doesn't care a wit about OT as long as the same conditions hold...we are left alone. Yet, OT still attacks and destroyed legally, by ICC deregulation, placed mines. Why is that Savoy?

Originally posted by Savoy

Viray, there is one major distinction. The average Joe-Omni wants peace because peace is good for business. As long as clans don't attack OT concerns, he doesn't really care about the clans.

The average Joe-Clan doesn't seem to want peace becasue he is still sore with OT for stuff that happened 200 years ago. He cares about what OT does because he feel the clans should rule the whole of the planet (democratically of course), not just the North.

And of course there are extremists both sides who just keep fanning the flames, and Borpac orgs who agenda puts them in a direct collision course with pretty much everyone. But at least I can understand Borpac's point of view.

Savoy

Well, I never mentioned anyone by name, so my response to the 'spin-doctor' comment was not directed towards you, but others...

As for proof that many Omni-Tek Employees desire peace, lets start at the top, then work our way down, shall we?

17:26 October 16, 29476 RST
    Quote of Phillip Ross

:: “...war is costly, and should be avoided to every extent where it’s possible. Our only concern is - and should be - the notum, the safety of our employees, and to secure an extension of the lease," Ross said. "...we are to punish acts of terrorism, not commit them... we are to punish terrorists, not the innocent civilians." ::

:: "We benefit richly from a permanent peace with the clans, there is no question." ::

16:38 September 06, 29476 RST

:: Insiders on both sides tell Headline Services that the dialogue between Philip Ross and Henry Radiman took place behind closed doors and lasted almost thirty minutes. By ten o'clock last evening, the two leaders had worked out a tentative agreement, allowing Omni-Pol to question Council employees via a secure Grid link, with Corporation investigators present at the Council headquarters. ::

January 16. 29476 – 17:00 RST
    Quote of an undisclosed Omni-Tek Executive.

:: "The Omni-Tek Corporation is more than willing to resume talks if and when the Council makes a reasonable effort to bring the terrorists to justice in a manner consistent with the Tir Accord." ::

and,

:: "We do not wish for the situation to escalate and turn into another civil war. But the Omni-Tek Corporation has a responsibility to its employees and to the galactic economy, and the corporation cannot and will not yield to the lawlessness of terrorists." ::

:: “It is incidents such as this that convince me that the time has finally come to put our differences aside and to work toward a lasting peace. This noble act of bipartisan assistance communicates the message clearly to every citizen of Rubi-Ka: We have grown weary of war and we wish to forge a bright and prosperous future for ourselves and our children.” ::

:: "OT-RK has recognised the Council’s authority, and intends to vigorously pursue a peaceful settlement in the question of land allocation and political leadership on Rubi-Ka." ::

:: "Our objective is to work towards a new era of peace and understanding between our respective people, and to bolster the provisional ceasefire that’s been in effect since the signing of the Tir Accord. The amnesty will allow those who have committed crimes in the name of the clans to come out and hand in their weapons of aggression, without having to fear reprisals or their freedom – and perhaps to even join the Omni-Tek Corporation and start a whole new life." ::

As I have said before, there are those on both sides with their own agendas, and this is detrimental to any possible peace. And that is why InternOps was created, and why we work so diligently to find, and remove these people from our side.

However, this is not the point of my Editorial, but there is your proof... Phillip Ross is very much in control of Omni-Tek, and it's employees. Where he not, departments would crumble, and projects would collapse at an excelled rate.

I wish I could beleive that the Clans are in favor of removing Simon Silverstone from power, but there are still some that support him and Clan Sentinels, and until they unite against him, he will remain in Power, and that power will increase as time goes on.

~Major Monte "Daetona" Jr.
    DEA / SUDA Diplomatic Affairs
    Division 9 RSGE
    Omni-Tek Corporation
    *Cuts to the cold static of an ended Grid-feed...*

Division 9 RSGE

quote from Nelida::
    " Interesting "facts" as you call them. Simple FACT is that Elite Operations hired Warr's thugs to kill Clan in NLC. Is it your opinion that Elite Operations "run the city" of NLC? I'd venture to say that most Neutrals would vehemently disagree that the mercenary organization EO "runs" NLC. Do you somehow imagine that a majority of Neutrals chose to have Warr's thugs enter NLC any more than Clans chose to have the Sentinels enter Tir? I think it is you that have a rather clouded view of how things came about... "

Elite Operations may have had a hand in Loren Warr's Mercs coming to Newland, but they did NOT act alone in doing so. Because as you say, they do not run the city... I will again pull up quotes to show these facts...

:: "It has been revealed that this deal is funded by a neutral organization. "To protect their interests we will at least not immediately, reveal the identity of who brokered the deal. The community is however highly pleased with this support it has received from our gracious donors." ::

"Funded" ... not arranged. Also note the line "The community is however greatly pleased with this support.."

:: "But we have good relations with Newland City officials and are confident that this arrangement will improve the lives of the Newland population.” ::

"Newland City Officials" ... These are the people responsible for arranging the deal that brought the Mercenaries to Newland City. Not Elite Operations. If you wish to dictate a neutral citizen's opinion, at least have the respect to know what it is first.

So, now you see the FACTS as I have refered to them previously. Right there, dated, and right from various Grid Feeds.

Division 9 RSGE

Originally posted by Nelida
    Savoy, it is nonsense that "the average Joe-Clan doesn't seem to want peace...". I don't know what kind of a poll you took but the average Clanner I know doesn't care a wit about OT as long as the same conditions hold...we are left alone. Yet, OT still attacks and destroyed legally, by ICC deregulation, placed mines. Why is that Savoy?

Nelida, I hope you are right. I hoipe the impression I've build is nonsense. I read some much vitriol laced clan propaganda every day, sometimes it does seem the purpose of the 'clans' is just the of hate OT and read into in every OT move some secret, terrible conspiracy.

My statement comes from my experience in pre-Notum war times, when 90% of all raids were into Omni Territory and which wasn't that long ago. But let me add, the tower battles are not the concern of OTRK. It not like OT factions are under orders from Ross to take down clan towers. OTRK mines remain those in 4 Holes and Clon**** and its those it protects.

What the tower wars are is a crazy, and I suppose uniquely Rubi-Kan, way of individual factions to invest their money. The fact that it degenerated into a violent free-for-all cannot be blamed on any one side. As I have said before, the tower deregulation has made thieves and bandits of everyone. And I am proud to say I have had anything to do with it.

Originally posted by Cemetarygate

"Joe-Omni wants peace because peace is good for business." Joe-Clan wants war because war is bad for buisness. Get it now?

Clan realize that war costs Omni-Tek credits, which is the only thing Omni-Tek seem to understand. We cost them credits, which get their attention, which ulimatly get us something in return. Hopefully we'll cost them enough credits that they'll give us everything we're fighting for.
    No, that is the point exactly. The clans could have peace. OT is not out to get the clan. The clans have nothing OT wants; there is more than enough notum in the South to last for the duration of OT lease. That was what the Amnesty was all about.

But for many a clanner, just ruling the north is not enough. Just waiting out the lease to expire is not enough. Just being ignored by OT is not enough. That is why there is a war.

Savoy

Daetona, I gotta hand to ya. And to Savoy too. You both seem like reasonable, level-headed people. You have my respect.
    As to my family, your condolences are well and good. But what would be more meaningful, I think, is if you ensured that I'm the only ex-Omni-Tek child who ends up with such a story to share, at least on this world. I really do hope your right about InternOps. If it really can, and does, put a stop to people like those who ruined my family, then Omni-Tek just might be on the right path.

Charles, I think your response there might be directed at Clanners in general, but just for arguments sake I'm going to respond myself. I want to make something VERY clear about what happened to my father and my family.
    Omni-Tek DID NOT kill my father. Some REMF, too greed-ridden to see past the bottom line and all the money he could line his own pockets with had my father killed. What Omni-Tek DID DO, was nothing. They let it happen. All the reports, all the complaints to Omni-Pol, that my mother put in to try to get this bastard to be made accountable for what he'd done, fell on deaf ears. So no, Omni-Tek didn't kill my father. But they DID fail to hold accountable the person who did. And then the Company just covered it up, and failed to hold itself accountable for dealing with the event.

As for the Clans wanting peace, and removing the Sentinels from power in Tir, well I'm just a dumb grunt. I dispense policy at gunpoint. From what I understand, Fixerben and others have been trying something, ANYthing, to get SOME kind of centralized government to form with the backing to oust the Sentinels and bring order to the rather anarchistic Clans. If the wanton and seemingly random Tower attacks and counter-attacks are to be reigned in some form of governing body needs to be formed that can coordinate some kind of peace agreement with the Company, and enforce that agreement on it's members and hold the CLAN accountable for it's own actions.
    As it stands now, I'm not going to hold my breath. But if Fixerben, or any others trying to build a fair, stable government needs someone to 'enforce policy', look me up. After all, that's what I came to Rubi-ka for.
    -Uvell, Clan soldier of the Rollerrats guild

"There is no problem that cannot be solved through the application of sufficient firepower."

"To defeat a hundred foes in a hundred battles is not the epitome of skill. To defeat your opponent without ever having fought him, that is the epitome of skill."
    -Sun Tzu

Mother and Father

Omni is Mother, Omni is Father

In very real terms for those of us blessed as Nano-mages. Rubi-ka is enriched by the parentage of such an illustrious and benevolent organisation.

Peaceful streets.
    Free movement.
    Technological development and advancement such as we could only previously dream of.

These things would not be here if it was not for Omni.

The chaos of the clans is destructive to all things that sane free thinkers hold dear, namely a stable safe environment, and the development of our way of life.

Very simplified I know, but its a simple choice

If you want chaos, famine, sickness and oppression...choose Clan
    If you want freedom, safety, development and security...choose Omni
    Balerienne
    tek_chik@postmaster.co.uk

Thank you for your level-headed and honest views, Uvell. I know if more Clan Members had an open mind that there are Omni-Tek Employees with honor and ethics, peace and a better life for all on Rubi-Ka would be much easier obtainable.

I must admit though, the particulars about your families case have made me curious. Was the Executive responsible ever brought to justice? Feel free to contact me planet-side sometime if you care to discuss this... I may be able to help, but cannot risk stating the case on these open channels.

Good Day

~General Monte "Daetona" Jr.
    Division 9 RSGE
    Omni-Tek Corporation

Division 9 RSGE

Fixerben laughs.

Once again, Daetona, many have proven things you are saying to be false. I hope one day you can get your information straight. Until then, I wont bother with you.
    Last edited by Fixerben; Apr 8th, 2003 at 23:00:41.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

To each their own. As it stands, ever since the Notum mining de-regulation began the dialogue between the Clans and Omni-Tek have ceased, even those Clans that have proclaimed that they're working for a peaceful solution. If the Clan millitants in power are to be stopped the clanners themselves will need to do something about it. They can't wait for Omni-Tek or even the Neutrals to act for them. Though that line of thought do raise certain interesting possibilities. Hum....
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Well, Mr. Houston. I feel it is more important for the Clans to deal with their inner turmoil before trying to make peace with others. Just like the United States did at the beginning of World War II.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

*arcs a brow*
    Internal turmoil? May I be of any assistance because the sooner that can be set aside the sooner you can look outwards once more yes?
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Originally posted by Cemetarygate

That is pound for pound the most intelligent thing I have ever heard a clanner say... Ever.

I've seen nobody out-right prove anything I've said to be false... And I believe many here would agree with me.

Some have given good argument, and others have shown proof that there are some Clan Members who do oppose Silverstone now, and before his actions in Tir... That does not change the fact that there are still many who support his insane ideals.

My point in all of this, was to demonstrate that 'some' ... not all, but 'some' Members of the Clans are not in this for the Freedom they boast, but only the size of their Cred Accounts. You are obviously not one of them, Ben, or if you are, are quite good at concealing it... Regardless, my points have been made, and my facts proven. If I spoke too generally, and perhaps I did, I apologize.

I wish you luck in your attempts to rid Tir of Silverstone's rabble, and bid you good day.

Division 9 RSGE
    Omni-Tek Corporation

Division 9 RSGE

Daetona, if your point "was to demonstrate that 'some' ... not all, but 'some' Members of the Clans are not in this for the Freedom they boast" then why did you not state that in your initial editorial? Your editorial cited "Rebel Clans" meaning clans in their entirety, not a select group.

There is still much inconsistancy (reclaim technology, misunderstanding of terminology (i.e. "life), what exactly clans rebelled, why clans mine, why clans attack Omni mining facilities.) in your original editorial that you've yet to address.

Life, you did address, but still continue to define in your own terms. This time you refer to the "quaility of life." Again, we mean the choice to live life as we wish, not to live life as Omni-Tek wishes. How hard is that concept to grasp? Why did you redefine the term to something other than was told directly to you?

Credits were also adressed, yet you continue to claim "size of their Cred Accounts." Why do you continue to ignore the claim we seek credits to sustain life, to better our living condition?

Bottom line, your editorial is a flop and you know it. You ignore what is told to you and continue to use your own interpretation of things to further your own position. Typical of Omni-Tek and their employees.

Quote ::

"Life, you did address, but still continue to define in your own terms. This time you refer to the "quaility of life." Again, we mean the choice to live life as we wish, not to live life as Omni-Tek wishes. How hard is that concept to grasp? Why did you redefine the term to something other than was told directly to you? "

Employees of Omni-Tek choose to live their lives as they wish. We choose what departments we work under, and what fields and locations we work from. There seems to be some giant misgiving that every member of the Corporation is told what to do at all times. This is true in basic training for a Military Dept, yes... but that is all. I choose to be employed by Omni-Tek, and serve under InternOps as my father did before me. I choose to be in Division 9 RSGE and work hard to ensure it succeeds. I choose to take a leave of absence and spend some time relaxing, when I wish too. I choose to listen to my superiors, and fulfill their orders as long as they are legal. And I choose to speak my mind, regardless of how others, inside the company or outside, view it.

In my experience, Members of the Clans choose to live their life as they wish as well. They choose to not be employed by Omni-Tek, and instead join an outside Faction. They choose the very same things as all people on Rubi-Ka do, a chance at a better life that follows the ideals they believe in.

When Omni-Tek offered an Amnesty, there was no stipulation that any Clan Members willing to lay down their arms in peace had to become employees of the Company. Instead, we offered a peaceful chance to obtain exactly what they desired, and remain true to their beliefs and practices, so long as they where legal.

So I do not have to quote this later, here is the proof of that...

:: "The amnesty will allow those who have committed crimes in the name of the clans to come out and hand in their weapons of aggression, without having to fear reprisals or their freedom – and perhaps to even join the Omni-Tek Corporation and start a whole new life." ::

In no way have our offers of a peaceful solution included anything that would take away your freedom. Contrary to popular belief, we do not send former Clan Members to Omni-Reform to be brainwashed, or reprogrammed, or any other of that urban-mythology that gets tossed around. If you believe we do, then I've got a great deal for you on purchasing the Stret River Bridge. *smirks*

If "living as you wish" includes violence against Omni-Tek and it's citizens, then you are right... We will not sit idely by and let that come to pass. However, if it means someone who wishes to provide a safe and prosperous life by their own legal means, then more power to them.

Credits were also adressed, yet you continue to claim "size of their Cred Accounts." Why do you continue to ignore the claim we seek credits to sustain life, to better our living condition?

First off, Omni-Tek offers ample paying jobs in many fields to those with the dedication and compitance to acheive them. If a source of Credits is the main concern for bettering your living condition, why not work for the Company?

Alright... I already know your response. Because it sacrifices the freedom to choose whether one works for Omni-Tek, or an outside group. Right? Making it so that unless you work for Omni-Tek, you cannot earn a living legally...

Totally unfounded, and false. I see buisness owners in Clan Territories that make plenty of Cred selling their wares, and providing at least an average living for their families, if not better. And they do it legally. Those that cannot do so, often turn to illegal means, such as arms dealing, and thievery, and that is to what I spoke of, as they continue to hide it under a guise of self-righteousness. I have no issue with those that work hard for their credits by legal and truthful methods, and wish to better their lives and living conditions... In fact, I praise them for their strength, as it must be difficult to resist the temptation to make more by succombing to the Black Market, when it is so easy to access.

"Bottom line, your editorial is a flop and you know it. You ignore what is told to you and continue to use your own interpretation of things to further your own position. Typical of Omni-Tek and their employees. "

Forgive me if I do not take your opinion to heart, as I have handled each instance of disagreement in turn. I am not surprised to hear someone subscribe to the stero-type "Typical of Omni-Tek and their employees. " , and refuse to counter it with another such as " Well, of course a Clanner would disagree with the viewpoints of an Omni Employee. "

You have your opinions, and your beliefs, and nothing I can do or say will change them. Even in instances where I have quoted, numerous times, cases that make up my view-point, I am told they are only my 'interpretation' of them, when they are quoted word for grid-glowing word.

As for my Editorial being a 'flop' ... that remains to be seen. I will not despair because someone who obviously isn't going to agree with my statements in the first place, doesn't. The very first reply to this feed was a Member of the Clans who agreed with me in most instances. Despite the flip-flopping of opinion they suffered later, the very fact that they entertained the possability of its truth to them, spoke quite well I think. Not to mention the fellow Employees of Omni-Tek who felt their hopes for other employees care of polotics increase, I'd say it might not be a rousing success, but hardly a ... 'flop' .

Division 9 RSGE
    Omni-Tek Corporation

Division 9 RSGE

The Omni Herald
    17:26 October 16, 29476 RST
    Quote from Omni-Tek Rubi-Ka Division CEO Philip Ross

“The Tir Accord is no longer accepted as an official agreement by Omni-Tek,” Ross said in his speech, "and the entire planet - through the lease given us by the ICC - is now under the exclusive jurisdiction of Omni-Tek, Rubi-Ka Division."
    With a statement such as this your vision of peace or truth to the words of the past by Phillip Ross are as good as dirt.

Omni-Tek has dissolved the Tir Accord, as such there is no document preventing any such aggression by Omni-Tek against the Clans nor the Clans against Omni-Tek.

There are those amongst the Clans that are working for a unified front and aim to establish a government to deal with Omni-Tek in the name of the Clans.

If you want to condemn these actions and simply state that no matter what a Clanner says we are all out to destory and pillage... then why should we just not drop our cause and simply pick up those arms you seem to think we are already wielding?

/me shakes his head

You want peace you have to work for it... but peace is not simply bowing before someone and submiting.
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast