Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Out of Hypocrasy ( An Editorial )

Out of Hypocrasy ( An Editorial )

::: Out of Hypocrasy :::

For some time now, Omni-Tek has had to deal with the Clan Threat, and many debates have errupted on who is right, and who is wrong. To even attempt to justify one to the other would be an exercise in futility, however, there are some major points that some people just fail to see. This article is an attempt to make public these points, so the citizens of Rubi-Ka can see exactly what sort of hypocrasy the Rebel Clans come from.

Let us begin with Reclaimation Technology and the facts surrounding it.

This is an incredibley large step in the evolution of life as we know it, and it was conzeptualized, tested, and perfected by the Omni-Tek Corporation, Rubi-Ka. The fact that "Death Isn't Fatal" (TM) has become nothing more than a convenience for many people of Rubi-Ka, who strut through their day never having to worry about Nature's highest priority, that of Self Preservation, or Survival. You owe that incredible comfort to Omni-Tek from the day you first insure, no matter what your political views of us are. Those who lash out at Omni-Tek, only try to spurn a Company who has made great leaps and bounds to preserve Life, by proclaiming them to be the takers of life. This is, by the very nature of the word, hypocrasy, and can not be argued against. The fact that the Clans have no problem in using Reclaim Tech only goes to bolster that fact that they are not willing to support their beliefs with meaningful action. One would be forced to conclude, that those who are so adamantly against Omni-Tek are also against the creation of a better life for all.

This does not even include the other great acheivements of the Omni-Tek Corporation, such as NCU Interfacing and the extreme usefulness it provides. Nor does it include Omni-Tek's discovery of Notum, which we all know is a remarkabley benefitial element on many fronts. The Rebel Clans spurn these as well, yet continue to utilize them, as it means nothing to them where they came from, so much as if it helps them get where they're going.

Think of this the next time you Insure, or run a program through your NCU to help you perform a task. Think of the vision and dedication it must have taken to create such inspired advances, and then decide if those responsible can be as bad as some say.

On to the Take-Over of Tir, and the Barring of Clan Members from Newland City...

When the City of Tir was militarily taken by Clan Sentinels and Simon Silverstone, there was hardly a Clan that did not raise a fist in approval. And now that Newland City has made it's choice to prevent Clan Members from entering the Cities Walls, these same Clans cry foul. The Powers that Be in Newland City have made a choice to try to make better their Home. The very same reason the Rebel Clans gave for their succesion from Omni-Tek. To justify one, and condemn another when they are identical is again, the very meaning of the word 'Hypocrasy'.

The decision was made, to keep shadey dealings of Black-Market goods off their streets, and not welcome the always dangerous mingling of Omni-Tek Employees and Clan Members. I will also dare say, that this decision was partly made in light of the Immensely self-righteous High Commander Fisk's viewpoint of Neutral citizens and their beliefs. One of the men who, as you claim, "Liberated Tir" is not a bringer of Liberation, but a Warmonger who's narrow vision only comprehands " If you're not with us, you're against us" philosophy to guide him.

Of course the Clans are outraged about Newlands recent decision. It conflicts with their personal goals, and everyone will always do what they can to bring about their own asspirations. However, when it stems from something oneself is responsible for supporting, they lose all ability to appose it rightfully and truthfully.

Think of this, the next time you enter the City of Tir. Think of the example of hypocrasy it has become, as opposed to what you say it used to represent, and decide whether or not the Clans have become the very Demon they claim to be fighting.

Finally, the Notum Wars, and the Clans Involvment in the Mining of Notum...

The Clans initially came about because of the conditions of Mining Stations and their Safety Concerns. They where disattisfied with the work conditions, and decided to revolt against their employers to demonstrate how strongly they felt about those conditions. And now, with the ICC lifting the ban of Notum Mining by anyone other than Omni-Tek, what do those same Clans do? The very first chance they get, to subjigate their brothers and sisters to those same 'horrid' conditions, they turn around and do so. They have put themselves in the very position they claim to have been fighting from the start.

For a Clan to mine Notum does not speak of rebelion, or working to make things better here on Rubi-Ka. It speaks of wealth, greed, and yet again, Hypocrasy. They cannot say with an honest intent, that they are mining Notum for any other reason than to make themselves richer and stronger, as there is no other purpose to build a Mining Tower. Omni-Tek has never denied that the mining and production of Notum is exactly what we are here for, and right or wrong in our endevours, can at least be honest in our intents, not hide them behind a set of righteous lies and hypocritical beliefs.

Think of this the next time you wage an attack on an Omni-Tek Mining Tower. Think of why you are there. Is it to strike a blow for freedom, or increase the balance of your Cred Account.

~Major Monte "Daetona" Jr.
    DEA / SUDA Diplomatic Corps
    Division 9 RSGE
    Omni-Tek Corporation
    Last edited by Daetona; Apr 6th, 2003 at 21:25:56.
    *Cuts to the cold static of an ended Grid-feed...*

Division 9 RSGE

I don't f***ing beleive this... I'm about to agree, almost wholeheartedly with an Omni employee.

When Tir was taken over by the Sentinels I figured, no biggie. It is after all a Clan city, why shouldn't they have control of it's running and security. That was, until I found out what kind of psychotic d***heads the leadership is. Every time I reread that article on Fisk's rantings I get visions of schwasticas dancing in my head and a feeling of nausea in the pit of my stomach.
    Fight 'em? Would love to, but there's no real government to take their place so we'd just end up with a vacuum that would likely be filled by either, someone worse, or the Sentinels again (yay!).
    Not to mention that I get to use this nifty new ressurection technology over, and over, and over... well, you get the point I think.

When the governing body of Newland City hired mercaneries to keep their streets safe from blood-thirsty rampaging Clanners, I didn't call foul. I thought to myself "about time". I've heard too many 'freedom loving' Clanners talking about how neutrals are no better than Omni-Tek. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??!! According to historical records, neutrals did not oppress the miners. Neutrals did not engage in the creation of monstrous mutations. Neutrals did not oppress the employees working to make the world a liveable place.
    Neutrals DO however want, with some few notable exceptions, to be left to live life as they see fit, with the same freedoms anyone should be allowed.
    But guess who decided that neutrals were not to be allowed these things? That's right boys and girls, the Clan.
    Who showed support for the NLC government putting better, more effective gaurds in the street to protect against rampaging marauders? Right again boys and girls, Omni-Tek (you get a Scooby snack).

My family was Omni-Tek, back in the day, on another colony world. My parents worked hard and the company provided us a good living, a very good living, to compensate them their hard work. One day, however some stuck-up, holier-than-thou executive took exception to my father bringing up the poor living conditions of the lower-echelon workers, and the somewhat expensive measures that would need to be made to correct the problem. The executive threatened my father, told him to keep it covered up, that it was too expensive. My father, being the dutiful company man that he was, went over this executive's head to bring this crime to light.
    He learned, at the hands of a corporate hired killer, that such things are frowned on. My family was left with very little, pretty much ruined and sent to live with those poor workers my father sought to help.
    That's one of many reasons I fight against Omni-Tek here on this world. The company too often refuses to take responsibility for it's actions, to right any mistakes that are made by it's less-than-scrupulous leaders. Then it has to be MADE to take responsibility.
    But now, I see this cycle of oppression being reincarnated in the Clans. The neutrals want to live by their own rules (granted some also want to stage attacks on Clan bases, but they must be done to as they do unto others), but the Clan can't seem to handle that. It seems like the same old story, I should have seen it coming lightyears off. The conquered becoming the conquerer. The Clan fought against oppressive governing, and to some extent still does. But it seems that they want to put the neutrals, all of them, regardless of how they've conducted themselves in the past or present, under the iron heel of Clan leadership.
    It's beginning to... no, strike that, is already HAS made me sick. It used to be that being a Clan meant being a freedom fighter, fighting for the rights of ALL people's rights. Now, it's just an excuse for a bunch of blood-thirsty savages to form gangs and go around shooting at anything that even slightly annoys them.

One of these days, I just might take this token board I worked so hard for, toss it in the Tir canal, and go join the REAL force for freedom from oppression. Maybe. But right now I'm just too idealistic, too optimistic, and perhaps too beleiving in the basic goodness of humanity, to give up just yet.
    -Uvell, Clan soldier of the Rollerrats guild

"There is no problem that cannot be solved through the application of sufficient firepower."

"To defeat a hundred foes in a hundred battles is not the epitome of skill. To defeat your opponent without ever having fought him, that is the epitome of skill."
    -Sun Tzu

When the City of Tir was militarily taken by Clan Sentinels and Simon Silverstone, there was hardly a Clan that did not raise a fist in approval.
    Excuse me, Sir. What planet do you live on? It must not be Rubi-Ka. The planet on which the people in these Forums denounce the actions of the Sentinels every day. I can think of a lot less supporters of the Sentinels than I can people that oppose them. Where ever your getting your information from is totally incorrect. I suggest you take your source out into the back yard, shoot him in the back of the head, and then take the gun and point it at your NCU interface screen. Nothing true or halfway intelligent will ever come out of your Desktop.

Many more clans have voiced their discontent for the Sentinels than those that have voiced their support. I suggest you read a little more.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Talking

-ooc:

Is it just me, or do Fixerben and I share the same hairstylist?

"There is no problem that cannot be solved through the application of sufficient firepower."

"To defeat a hundred foes in a hundred battles is not the epitome of skill. To defeat your opponent without ever having fought him, that is the epitome of skill."
    -Sun Tzu

Question Now that I think about it...

Ya know, now that I think about it, Fixerben's got a point. There was a pretty good sized outcry against High Commander Fisk and his gestapo. Even a couple attempts at 'retiring' him and Siverstone from public office. I'm not sure exactly how big an outcry though, because I heard just as much support of the Sentinel's veiws walking around the cities as I did dissenting voices having their say here. But it seems there's still some hope for the heart of the original Clan cause in spite of Fisk and Silverstone's best attempts at assasinating it.

-Sun Tzu

Quote :::

" The planet on which the people in these Forums denounce the actions of the Sentinels every day. I can think of a lot less supporters of the Sentinels than I can people that oppose them. "

End-Quote :::

I am from Rubi-Ka my ill-grammared friend. Every day I wake up on this stinking planet, and head for the front-lines to defend the name of Omni-Tek...

Now, you do have a point here... there are some that think very little of Clan Sentinels within the whole of the Clans, but only recently do they say so. Not a word was uttered against what they did when it happened, so forgive me if I say ' too little, too late '.

And do not even try to claim that they did. It was not until High Commander Fisk revealed his true nature, that people spoke up against Clan Sentinels in outrage. Not a peep was heard when Tir was, "liberated" , and it was widely known that Silverstone was a milatant proponent, who would rather shoot first, and ask questions later. Those that did not realize this before Fisk's comments are either blind, or have drinken too much water from Tir River.

Are there members of the Clans that wish to see Clan Sentinels removed from Tir? Yes...

Will they act upon their beleifs and do so? I highly doubt it... Not when they have much to gain by leaving them in place, as they do.

So yes, you do have a point... but it's still not good enough. And as for taking my source to the backyard, and shooting him in the head... Well, even if they where wrong, which they're not, and I will be more than glad to dig back, and compare those who supported Silverstone as opposed to those who didn't... I am not in the habbit of slaying an unarmed person for any reason. And your comment to do so only goes to bolster my points here, so I thank you for your brutal and narrow-visioned support. Perhaps you and Silverstone have more in common than you think?

And while I'm at it... It seems that you only disagree with one point out of many in my Editorial. What of the others? Can you denounce them?

It's not possible to defeat truth when it stares you in the face... is it?

Oh, and Uvell... My condolences about your family. Unfrotunately, there are those in the company that are treacherous and ill-mannered. That is precisely the reason why InternOps was created, and why we work so diligently to remove these blemishes from Power. Your Father sounded like a good man, and it's usually the good men and women that are lost which shows the rest of us, that there is a problem. Just remember, one can do much more to effect positive change from within, than from outside.

~Major Monte "Daetona" Jr.
    DEA / SUDA Diplomatic Affairs
    Division 9 RSGE
    Omni-Tek Corporation

Division 9 RSGE

An excellently written post Major Monte, it was informative and to the point. My hopes for Omni-Tek have been revived to see employees such as you take a care about the politics that affect Rubi-Ka everyday.

The whole arguement clanners use about having a family member killed by Omni-Tek is moot. There have been more innocent deaths of innocent company personel attributed to terrorist attacks by clanners on legitimate mining operations in the past six months than the past two years combined since Rubi-Ka was opened up to the most recent wave of colonists.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Ben,

The mild protests of clanner presence of the Sentinels in Tir was really nothing compared to the outrage when the ICC peacekeepeers took over. That speaks clearly of your priorities.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

You people make me laugh. We have formed teams to send Silverstone back to reclaim 3 times. And fought, died, and took him down 3 times. To say we did nothing is a total insult. Especially from an Omni that doesnt even live in Tir. If your not in Tir, you dont know what happen.

Savoy, Sending Silverstone to reclaim is NOT a mild protest. Supressing guards at the whompas is NOT a mild protest. Maybe killing people is a mild protest to you, but to me its a sign of OUTRAGE.

I am from Rubi-Ka my ill-grammared friend. Every day I wake up on this stinking planet, and head for the front-lines to defend the name of Omni-Tek...
    My grammar was fine.

Will they act upon their beleifs and do so? I highly doubt it... Not when they have much to gain by leaving them in place, as they do.
    Wrong again. We have already started plans to remove Silverstone. I have said this many times. But its not as easy as you would think.

And while I'm at it... It seems that you only disagree with one point out of many in my Editorial. What of the others? Can you denounce them?
    I was too shocked by your outright ignorance on that point to even pay attention to the rest of the post. Its not worth my time. I have made all these arguments before, and I will not do it again.

And do not even try to claim that they did. It was not until High Commander Fisk revealed his true nature, that people spoke up against Clan Sentinels in outrage. Not a peep was heard when Tir was, "liberated"
    Let me say this one more time. When Tir was liberated I was in the CoA. I was a captain of the CoA Peacekeepers. We were constantly patrolling the streets of Tir, making sure they were clear, and no one was causing trouble. The CoA was utterly PIST OFF when the Sentinels invaded Tir. We denounced their actions 2 hours after it happened. So dont try and sell me your propaganda. I was there when it happened. I was in the streets, watching what was going on. We protested immediately.

For a Clan to mine Notum does not speak of rebelion, or working to make things better here on Rubi-Ka. It speaks of wealth, greed, and yet again, Hypocrasy. They cannot say with an honest intent, that they are mining Notum for any other reason than to make themselves richer and stronger, as there is no other purpose to build a Mining Tower.
    I agree with this. This is one of the main reasons I dont like the Sentinels. They have become the OmniTek they despise so much.

((dude, you are seriously out of line here. You dont seem to know much of what was going on in the Clan territories at the time of Tir's liberation. Let me link you to our protest. That was the SAME DAY as the Sentinels invaded Tir.))

Here my ill-informed friend is exactly what I said 2 hours after the Sentinels "liberated" Tir.

The CoA does not support the recent actions of the Sentinels. A totally unprovoked attack on a neutral government agency is against everything the CoA stands for.

CoA Peacekeepers had been removing Omni from Tir peacefully for weeks before this horrible atrocity occured. We do not agree with the Sentinels actions, and we will not condone any such actions similar to theirs.

The following is the CoA's statement to the public to be released to the News soon:

"The CoA will not condone terrorist actions by any of the citizens of Rubi-Ka. The Sentinels have once again dragged the Clansmen of Rubi-Ka down to the level of terrorists with an unprovoked and unexpected attack on the ICC. The ICC, a neutral regulatory organization, has been deployed in Tir since the CoT had fled. The ICC was in place to keep the peace and only fire when fired upon. The CoA has joined the ICC in its peacekeeping capacity and therefore condemns the unwarranted agression of the Sentinels. The Sentinels have attacked a nonmilitary target outright and forcefully taken over the city. The CoA does not need this type of association as we are here to defend the Clans; not to act agressively in any way."
    I guess I'm done with you now too plzkthxbye
    Last edited by Fixerben; Apr 7th, 2003 at 17:11:54.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Originally posted by Daetona
    This is an incredibley large step in the evolution of life as we know it, and it was conzeptualized, tested, and perfected by the Omni-Tek Corporation, Rubi-Ka.
    Wouldn't go so far as to say "perfected" considering the age bracket limitations and the fact that the safe guards are not full proof. The results of those imperfections have been fatal (i.e. permadeaths). So, the technology requires more work to be "perfected."

This is an incredibley large step in the evolution of life as we know it, and it was conzeptualized, tested, and perfected by the Omni-Tek Corporation, Rubi-Ka. The fact that "Death Isn't Fatal" (TM) has become nothing more than a convenience for many people of Rubi-Ka, who strut through their day never having to worry about Nature's highest priority, that of Self Preservation, or Survival. You owe that incredible comfort to Omni-Tek from the day you first insure, no matter what your political views of us are. Those who lash out at Omni-Tek, only try to spurn a Company who has made great leaps and bounds to preserve Life, by proclaiming them to be the takers of life. This is, by the very nature of the word, hypocrasy, and can not be argued against. The fact that the Clans have no problem in using Reclaim Tech only goes to bolster that fact that they are not willing to support their beliefs with meaningful action. One would be forced to conclude, that those who are so adamantly against Omni-Tek are also against the creation of a better life for all.
    These concepts are incorrect based on your misunderstanding of the word "life." Clans mean life in terms of living condition (i.e. The choice to live life as we wish, not to live life as Omni-Tek wishes), not the state of being alive or dead.

This does not even include the other great acheivements of the Omni-Tek Corporation, such as NCU Interfacing and the extreme usefulness it provides. Nor does it include Omni-Tek's discovery of Notum, which we all know is a remarkabley benefitial element on many fronts. The Rebel Clans spurn these as well, yet continue to utilize them, as it means nothing to them where they came from, so much as if it helps them get where they're going.
    You painted a black and white picture, but forgot the gray palettes sitting next to you. Clan did not rebel against NCU interfacting and notum. Clan rebelled against Omni-Tek management.

When the City of Tir was militarily taken by Clan Sentinels and Simon Silverstone, there was hardly a Clan that did not raise a fist in approval. And now that Newland City has made it's choice to prevent Clan Members from entering the Cities Walls, these same Clans cry foul. The Powers that Be in Newland City have made a choice to try to make better their Home. The very same reason the Rebel Clans gave for their succesion from Omni-Tek. To justify one, and condemn another when they are identical is again, the very meaning of the word 'Hypocrasy'.
    We all know you're not clan. So, stands to reason why you lack the necessary information to have stated this correctly. Silverstone stated his intentions on clan leaders global communication channel and rallied in Tir the day before his liberation. I'm sure you were not there Tir to witness any objections and you certainly didn't see the ojbections voiced on clan leaders channel. Therefore, you can't claim hypocrasy on the parts of these people since they did in fact voice there objections since the beginning.

However, Silverstone's rally in Tir, the day before he liberated, obviously met with enough support of other clan leaders and residents to negate the disapproval anyone else had voiced.

The Clans initially came about because of the conditions of Mining Stations and their Safety Concerns. They where disattisfied with the work conditions, and decided to revolt against their employers to demonstrate how strongly they felt about those conditions. And now, with the ICC lifting the ban of Notum Mining by anyone other than Omni-Tek, what do those same Clans do? The very first chance they get, to subjigate their brothers and sisters to those same 'horrid' conditions, they turn around and do so. They have put themselves in the very position they claim to have been fighting from the start.
    As stated previously, clans rebelled against Omni-Tek management, not mining, because of the harsh "work conditions" provided by Omni-Tek management. Today, clans are able to mine under their ideal "work conditions" because of self management.

If Omni-Tek provided clans the requested "work conditions," and pay increases, then clans would not have rebelled and probably still be working for Omni-Tek today.

For a Clan to mine Notum does not speak of rebelion, or working to make things better here on Rubi-Ka. It speaks of wealth, greed, and yet again, Hypocrasy. They cannot say with an honest intent, that they are mining Notum for any other reason than to make themselves richer and stronger, as there is no other purpose to build a Mining Tower. Omni-Tek has never denied that the mining and production of Notum is exactly what we are here for, and right or wrong in our endevours, can at least be honest in our intents, not hide them behind a set of righteous lies and hypocritical beliefs.
    There's no denying why anyone mines notum: credits. However, clans, unlike Omni-Tek, do not mine to gain an abundance of credits. Clans mine to earn credits to sustain life in the manner we choose.

Think of this the next time you wage an attack on an Omni-Tek Mining Tower. Think of why you are there. Is it to strike a blow for freedom, or increase the balance of your Cred Account.
    War is costly. In case you were not aware, Omni-Tek has stopped fighting on past occassions because of costly wars. In time, Omni-Tek will see more red numbers and at some point they will have to say, "enough is enough." But, for clan to stop, Omni-Tek will have to give in to our goals. Until then, we won't stop fighting.

Daetona, I dont' blame you for writing this editorial. Any Omni-Tek employee looking for promotion would write an article that speaks out against the clans.

However, much like many of the Omni-Tek employees, you were fed disinformation by Omni-Tek. They lie to you. They have to, otherwise you would see how evil they really are.

Perhaps you'll see the truths I speak to you and be able to form a more appropriate editorial in the future.

Ben, I meant 'mild' by comparison with the reaction the ICC troops in Tir provoked. Let me put this another way, if we were to set a poll asking clanners whether they prefer the Sentinels in Tir or a return of the ICC Peacekeepers with no other options possible, what would Joe-clanner vote? What would you vote?

For some time now, Omni-Tek has had to deal with the Clan Threat, and many debates have errupted on who is right, and who is wrong. To even attempt to justify one to the other would be an exercise in futility, however, there are some major points that some people just fail to see. This article is an attempt to make public these points, so the citizens of Rubi-Ka can see exactly what sort of hypocrasy the Rebel Clans come from.

Let us begin with Reclaimation Technology and the facts surrounding it.
    Oh let us please get some facts...

Oh yes mighty Omni-Tek producing technology to help us... what a load of utter bronto dung.

I bring the historical time line data as kept by ICC...

Year 29436

New scientific developments finally help Omni-Tek scientists create a 99.9% effective cell-scanning insurance technology. The technology is immediately made available to all OT employees on Rubi-Ka. But certain restrictions apply: Users have to be between the ages of 21 and 75. If the subject is too young or too old, the life-force appears to dissipate before reaching its new host. The technology cannot halt aging; it proves impossible to revert to an insured state more than a few weeks old. The restrictions require constant - and expensive - use of the technology to remain safely insured.

Year 29450

ICC demands that Omni-Tek makes insurance technology freely available to all citizens of Rubi-Ka.
    Oh ICC demanding the release of Insurance technology, now why would Omni-Tek want to keep Reclaim technology to themselves? Domination of all of Rubi-ka... you cannot win a war if you cannot kill the enemy.

Year 29452

Omni-Tek finally complies with ICC's rulings. Insurance technology is shared with all factions on Rubi-Ka, and the technology is deregulated. The erroneous slogan "Rubi-Ka: Where Death Isn't Fatal!" is now used by OT in their galaxy-wide marketing, to attract new colonists.
    Now 16 years later, after the Perma-death of who knows how many of the Clans and just general people of Rubi-ka we finally have access to this wonderful technology.

Oh I am sure that Omni-Tek was going to release this for the good of the people. Simply just another example of them trying to control Rubi-ka, its' people, and to oppress us back into their control. You are the takers of life, only ICC made you do something to prevent you from carrying the lael Genocide along with you.

This does not even include the other great acheivements of the Omni-Tek Corporation, such as NCU Interfacing and the extreme usefulness it provides.
    I fail to believe that Omni-Tek produces the only NCU Interfacing unit in all of the universe, there are hundreds of hyper-corporations out there that produce these basic tools, sure OT may have made prototypes, but reverse engineering is a wonderful thing.

Nor does it include Omni-Tek's discovery of Notum, which we all know is a remarkabley benefitial element on many fronts. The Rebel Clans spurn these as well, yet continue to utilize them, as it means nothing to them where they came from, so much as if it helps them get where they're going.
    Oh yes Omni-Tek's great discovery on Notum... how innocent that was, lets pull out some of the data off that timeline again...

September 03 28702

The first human vessel - a small surface lander, the "Atlantean" - makes planet-fall on Rubi-Ka. It is immediately followed by a second lander, the "Rimor". Both surveyor vessels have been commissioned by the Omni-Tek Corporation.

September 04 28702

Initial soil and environmental reports are transmitted back to Jupiter home base. Without subspace communication channels, contact is made by way of entangled particles.

September 12 28702

Omni-Tek submits a lease application for Rubi-Ka to the Interstellar Confederation of Corporations (ICC). Standard processing time is four to six years, pending on-site analysis.

September 25 28702

The crew of the Rimor leave the lander to perform soil tests. They are never heard from again.

December 19 28702

Granted departure permission, the Atlantean blows up forty seconds after take-off. There are no survivors. The accident is attributed to a hardware malfunction caused by the sandstorms.
    September 4, 28702 the first data comes back to Omni-Tek hands within 8 days on the 12th of September they submit a lease for the planet Rubi-ka. Eight days to decide they want to lease a barren rock, or at least thats what everyone believes for the moment.

On the 25th of September the Rimor makes its' way out into the world only to disappear, communication with the Atlantean is lost... and the original crews never make it off the planet alive, as on December 19th the Atlantean explodes trying to leave Rubi-ka. Strange how those that took the original samples and provided all the original data that Omni-Tek based a leasing of a planet on, that same data they used to make a decision in 8 days, all just disappeared.

May 28 28707

The surface storms persist. In order to meet deadlines, the ICC decides to use Omni-Tek's own records in evaluating the lease of Rubi-Ka.
    Now we have Omni-Tek leading the ICC blindly into a lease. I believe that Omni-Tek knew full well of the precense of Notum and that it used every means nesscessary, even the death of employees to hide it, until the lease was finalized. This is your employer your great do-gooder for the people... hiding facts, killing employees, and withholding technology unless forced to release it otherwise...

Think of this the next time you Insure, or run a program through your NCU to help you perform a task. Think of the vision and dedication it must have taken to create such inspired advances, and then decide if those responsible can be as bad as some say.
    I have never laughed so hard in my life!

When I use an insurance terminal I think of every person that went without insurance until ICC forced Omni-Tek to hand over the technology. Of all those that died from Omni-Tek arrogance and hope to rid itself of an entire population of people.

As for NCU Interfaces again... this is not a monopoly owned by Omni-Tek alone... you shouldn't be so narrow in your thinking...

On to the Take-Over of Tir, and the Barring of Clan Members from Newland City...

The decision was made, to keep shadey dealings of Black-Market goods off their streets, and not welcome the always dangerous mingling of Omni-Tek Employees and Clan Members. I will also dare say, that this decision was partly made in light of the Immensely self-righteous High Commander Fisk's viewpoint of Neutral citizens and their beliefs. One of the men who, as you claim, "Liberated Tir" is not a bringer of Liberation, but a Warmonger who's narrow vision only comprehands " If you're not with us, you're against us" philosophy to guide him.

Of course the Clans are outraged about Newlands recent decision. It conflicts with their personal goals, and everyone will always do what they can to bring about their own asspirations. However, when it stems from something oneself is responsible for supporting, they lose all ability to appose it rightfully and truthfully.
    I support the mercenaries in Newland City, as I understand their purpose, the reason they are there.

I do not support the Sentinels and the reasons they are in Tir.

I don't believe that is 'Hypocrasy', as I was not Clan when the Sentinels took over Tir... I do understand why the shouts were louder against the ICC than the Sentinels... ICC allowed Omni-Tek employees to roam our capital, to come and taunt our people. To flaunt themselves inside the center and heart of the Clans.

I cheer the move made to remove ICC from Tir, however I do not aggree with the now current methods of "us or them", nor will I follow any order given to me by any Sentinel in any shape form or fashion unless it is for the good of the Clans. The Sentinels are a tool, a weapon... they serve that purpose, however the rest of us need to get ahold of them... otherwise they will simply be the next group of oppressor we will have to fight.

Think of this, the next time you enter the City of Tir. Think of the example of hypocrasy it has become, as opposed to what you say it used to represent, and decide whether or not the Clans have become the very Demon they claim to be fighting.
    Everytime I walk through Tir I am thinking of the former glory of the Clans. Of the days when we were a people for freedom and liberty, not like the war mongers that roam our streets now, even if they did rid us of Omni-Tek the first time around.

I try to plan for the liberation of Tir, for those among the Clans that want freedom, from all oppression... those are my thoughts walking through Tir...

Finally, the Notum Wars, and the Clans Involvment in the Mining of Notum...

Mining Technology has changed leaps and bounds... we have no people stuck in a dark hole, there are no pits that can collapse burying everyone underneath dirt and rock to be left for dead.

There are simply these towers... you place them and forget about them. No labor involve except defending them, and possibly some light maintence from weather and critters.

There is no wide spread oppression of people for the mining goals of the Clans. Our goal is to simply remove your ability to function here, you think that OTRK gets all of the Notum here on Rubi-ka?

I think of it this way. One more credit in my pocket is one less for Omni-Tek, which means one less credit Omni-Tek has to use against me and one more I can use against Omni-Tek...

Hypocrasy...
    /me laughs
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

Originally posted by Viray

I don't believe that is 'Hypocrasy', as I was not Clan when the Sentinels took over Tir... I do understand why the shouts were louder against the ICC than the Sentinels... ICC allowed Omni-Tek employees to roam our capital, to come and taunt our people. To flaunt themselves inside the center and heart of the Clans.

I cheer the move made to remove ICC from Tir, however I do not aggree with the now current methods of "us or them", nor will I follow any order given to me by any Sentinel in any shape form or fashion unless it is for the good of the Clans. The Sentinels are a tool, a weapon... they serve that purpose, however the rest of us need to get ahold of them... otherwise they will simply be the next group of oppressor we will have to fight.
    How is the injury of OT hot heads taunting you comparable to the killing of neutrals who stumble in Tir? Since when is pride worth more than a human life, especially the lives of the neutral folk you grew up with? Shame on you Viray! If you plan of turning into a clan apologist, I may have to take my quote back! (( :-) ))

Savoy

Re: Out of Hypocrasy ( An Editorial )

"This article is an attempt to make public these points, so the citizens of Rubi-Ka can see exactly what sort of hypocrasy the Rebel Clans come from."

Oh yes, please let's all believe Div9 for an unbiased analysis of RKs situation and Clan motives.

"Those who lash out at Omni-Tek, only try to spurn a Company who has made great leaps and bounds to preserve Life, by proclaiming them to be the takers of life. This is, by the very nature of the word, hypocrasy, and can not be argued against."

There is more to 'preserving' life than endlessly reclaiming. There is the QUALITY of life to be considered...something that OT apparently never considered when it offered people near immortality...as slaves in horrid working conditions. Perhaps your sanctity of life was more of a selfish wish to endlessly enslave? Your 'forced' conclusion turns a typically blind eye to the other possibilities in a blatant attempt to justify your actions and spin the results.

"The Rebel Clans spurn these [other great acheivements] as well, yet continue to utilize them, as it means nothing to them where they came from, so much as if it helps them get where they're going."

I do believe the galaxy and all those that use these "great acheivements" have repaid OT for their usage in credits...or maybe it wasn't credits OT was interested in? Maybe OT only wanted appreciation? Anyway this is compeltely inrrelevant to the current disagreement between OT and the Clans... and even OT and the Neutrals. OT sees, and has stated as much, all residents of RK as either its employees or criminals. There is no room in OT for anyone outside of its 'regime'. If you're not willing to subjegate yourselves to OT then you are deemed a criminal and can be shot on sight...even though OT apparently doesn't see the pointlessness of killing those that instantly reclaim.

"Think of this the next time you Insure, or run a program through your NCU to help you perform a task. Think of the vision and dedication it must have taken to create such inspired advances, and then decide if those responsible can be as bad as some say."

This is a non-sequitur. Ones entrepreneurial ablitities are in no way related to ones ethical and moral standing. Look at the vast history of large corporations and the ethical problems they have often found themselves embroiled in if you have any doubts.

"And now, with the ICC lifting the ban of Notum Mining by anyone other than Omni-Tek, what do those same Clans do? The very first chance they get, to subjigate their brothers and sisters to those same 'horrid' conditions, they turn around and do so. They have put themselves in the very position they claim to have been fighting from the start."

The conditions that the Clans struggled to extricate themselves from was NOT due to notum mining as a technological process. If you don't see this then you are truely either an idiot or a propoganda spin doctor. Which is it? The dehumanizing conditions where created by the mine operators and the management hierarchy within OT. They pushed the conditions to try and maximize profit while minimizing expense...they pushed just a bit too far and the slaves they created revolted.

Clans do not force each other into notum mining. We do not enslave each other and force each other to live in dangerous and dehumanizing conditions. Clans participate in notum mining voluntarily not at the muzzle of a blaster rifle.

"When the City of Tir was militarily taken by Clan Sentinels and Simon Silverstone, there was hardly a Clan that did not raise a fist in approval."

Again...the spin doctor is at work. This is blatently BS (and I don't mean Broken Shores). While I might accuse Clans of being too complacent there was no overwhelming agreement with the Sentinels taking over Tir. I suppose you, as OT, hear and see what suits you. Just don't try and foist your clouded vision on the rest of RK. And as far as complacency, that seems to be epidemic across Rubika...Clans, OT and Neutrals alike.

"The Powers that Be in Newland City have made a choice to try to make better their Home. The very same reason the Rebel Clans gave for their succesion from Omni-Tek. To justify one, and condemn another when they are identical is again, the very meaning of the word 'Hypocrasy'."

Show me the people, and be specific, that have decried the NLC guards AND have supported the Sentinels. Show them to me and I'll call them as big an idiot as you. Simple fact of the matter is that those of us that scream loudly about the thugs in NLC do so at the end of the same breath we use to scream about the Sentinel murderers in Tir...no hypocrisy there. More twisted vision from our Div9 Omni 'friends'.

"I will also dare say, that this decision was partly made in light of the Immensely self-righteous High Commander Fisk's viewpoint of Neutral citizens and their beliefs. One of the men who, as you claim, "Liberated Tir" is not a bringer of Liberation, but a Warmonger who's narrow vision only comprehands " If you're not with us, you're against us" philosophy to guide him."

Oh! Hey, what do you know! We agree on something! The Sentinels are murderers. But if you want to talk about hypocrisy then quite talking out of both sides of your mouth. Daetona speaks out of one side about the Sentinel warmongers and out of the other side about the justified 'guards' in NLC. Nice concept of hypocrisy you have there Daetona. Sorry...the Sentinels ARE most assuredly warmonger thugs. And Warr's lot are no better, they are indescriminate killers. Seems to me Div9's 'diplomacy' group needs some lessons in diplomacy. Better to call yourselves the Div9 Information Ministry or some other such euphamism for propogandists.

"Think of this the next time you wage an attack on an Omni-Tek Mining Tower. Think of why you are there. Is it to strike a blow for freedom, or increase the balance of your Cred Account."

Perhaps YOU should think about the same. OT falls under the jurisdiction of the ICC. By law all Clan mines sell their notum to OT. When OTs own orgs attack LEGALLY placed Clan mines (or legally placed Neutral mines) they are attacking their own profits. How does your corporation feel about both rebelling against ICC jurisdiction AND disrupting the flow of legally mined notum from clan mines to OT?

Sincerely,

Laticia "Nelida" Kerans-Shone
    Last edited by Nelida; Apr 7th, 2003 at 18:41:38.

Oooo! Looky here...

Ya know, Daetona, you just might have something there...

****!! Why didn't anyone think of this before?! We could forcibly remove Fisk and Silverstone from power here in Tir!! What a bold move...

Oh, wait...

That's already been tried...

But if it's been tried some many times, why did it keep failing? Let's see...

*BANG!*
    Silverstone: F***!! I'M DEAD!!
    Nanobots: To the reclaim men!
    *rezzzzz*
    Silverstone:Aaah, that's better...

*BOOM*
    Silverstone: WHAT THE...?! Not agaaaain...
    Nanobots: What's this? Someone threw away a perfectly good despot. To the reclaim men!
    *rezzzzz*
    Silverstone:Whew. The sun sure is purty after bein' ressurected...

*HACK, SLICE, BLOOD, GUTS, DEATH, PENGUIN!!*
    Silverstone: Hey what're you guys so pissed about-ACKGURGLE- OH NO NOT THE FACE! FOR THE LOVE OF-
    Nanobots: Hey. Didn't we just dissassemble and move this guy just the other day... Oh well! To the reclaim men!
    *rezzzzz*
    Silverstone: Oog. Ressurection hangover. Well, it's a nice bright blue, sunny day to recover from it...

Hm... well, it appears it failed because Silverstone kept comming back from the dead. Now what could have caused that...?
    That's right, Silverstone was using "Death isn't Fatal"(TM) Reclaimation Technology! *smacks self on forhead* D'OH!

That's right my fine, upstanding Omni-Tek employee-bucking-for-employee-of-the-month-with-the-spiffy-yalm-parking-spot-on-the-roof-near-the-corner-office. It failed because of Omni-Tek's (probably) most famous invention: Ressurection Technology. Certainly not for lack of trying.
    Severing his insurance policy was even tried so as to put a damper on this pesky "coming back to life" crap. But it seems that the Sentinels took exception to that and put a stop to it.

As for this "too little, too late" Bulls***...
    That kind of thinking would probably have ensured that my father were still alive today, that my family was not in the gutter as it is now (where Omni-Tek, in it's infinite wisdom decided to put them as reward for their hard work and loyal service to the corporation). He would have brought that report on the poor living conditions of fellow employees to his superior, who would have then threatened him to keep it quiet, and my father probably could have thought to himself, "well, their living situation was bad before I looked into it. It looks like it's my ass if I persue the matter, so I guess I better drop it."
    But he didn't. He went against the grain and he paid for it with his life. Just because he realized the problem after the fact didn't stop him from trying to correct it in the here and now.
    And that's what the Clan (well, a goodly number of 'em anyway) are trying to do now. Sure a goodsized group of 'em saw the Sentinels taking Tir as putting a Clan city back into Clan hands and nothing more. Does the fact that they now realize their mistake mean that they shouldn't speak up about it and try to change it?
    Apparently that's exactly what Omni-Tek thinks they shouldn't do. "It's done, and there's no reason to try to do anything about it now", seems to be the way Omni-Tek conducts business. Well, isn't that just like my dear old corporate family. No trying to suggest solutions to the problem, oh HELL no. That might be construed as constructive, or somethin'. Why that would mean that the Company would be taking a higher moral ground than the competition, and that's something the Company should NEVER do.

Ya know, I don't think it's just the Sentinels that make me sick any more...

-Sun Tzu

At the time the Sentinels liberated Tir I don't think anyone had a full grasp on how ruthless Fisk was going to be, nor his policy on Neutrals... until after the blood began to run.

Rest assurd I am not amongst the Clans to be an apologist, but to help those already here that have been fighting to remove oppression in all shapes and forms...

(( And you can't have your quote back, I stole it fair and square :P ))

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

Actions speak louder than words. There have been no actions to speak of where the clans did anything to liberate themselves in recent memory. Rather than defending by "claiming" that something was done months ago and meeting the quota for the number of good deeds for the year why stop there?

Gotta love the double standards.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

When I speak of removing Silverstone from power, I mean just that... remove him from POWER. Sending him back to reclaim a few times will do nothing in the way of acheiving that goal. It must be done on a political level, not with blades and bullets.

To those that have attempted to do so, I applaud you, and in no way include you in the above Editorial's comments of hypocrasy. At least those revolving around the events in Tir and Newland City.

Now, those of you that call me a 'spin-doctor' or an 'Omni-Propagandaist' ... believe what you will, but don't put your own spin on my words as you do so, that is again, hypocrasy. And do not include the rest of Division 9 RSGE in your attacks. These are MY views, and have nothing to do with anything from Division 9 's point of view or political stand-points.

As for the Guards in Newland City being no different than the Sentinals in Tir? Well, last I knew, Tir was 'taken over' by Clan Sentinals, and the guards in Newland City where hired by those that run the city, and still do. So there is a MAJOR difference in the two. One was requested to be there, and the other invited themself... As for moral properties of the two, they may very well all be murderous villains, but that does not change the fact that one was invited, and the other not. No spin involved, those are the simple facts, whether you agree with them or not.

Onto the quality of life issue... Now here is where I agree with what has been said thus-far. The quality of life for ALL citizens of Rubi-Ka is sorely lacking, and War does not help it improve one bit. Sadly, there is little that can be done to remedy this at present, but hopefully one day there will be. Technology can only bring so much to this, you are right. However, the advances Omni-Tek has made in these areas has made a healthy share of lives better. The Reclaim Tech, as I said previously, has removed most people's concern of life's HIGHEST priority, Self-Preservation. So, it is a good start in moving forward into other fields, and increasing the quality of life for all here on Rubi-Ka.

Now, I'm sure that again, I'll be called a 'spin-doctor' by some people, and that does not concern me. Those with any vision can see that there are Employees of Omni-Tek that do desire peace, and a better life for ALL citizens of Rubi-Ka, and those are the people I wish to address.

Division 9 RSGE

Daetona...

I provided no words that would define you. I never shouted 'spin doctor' but I will say that this is blind propaganda as it has no basis in any fact or proof. Which is all that I presented to you, however you don't speak on any of the facts you just choose to pick up some arguement that you believe you can win.

/me shakes his head

Give me facts, give me proof that Omni-Tek employees wish for peace, I have seen no firm order or leadership amongst your own ranks than I have amongst the Clans nowadays. Phillip Ross seems in control of his people about as much as anyone of us has over an ermite.

As far as removal of the Sentinels...

/me turns all red and flustered

You can imagine this is on the top of every Clanners list, and that we will remove them from Tir...

Rome wasn't built in a day either ya know.

Viray's Taxi Co.

- Savoy

Originally posted by Viray
    Daetona...

Give me facts, give me proof that Omni-Tek employees wish for peace, I have seen no firm order or leadership amongst your own ranks than I have amongst the Clans nowadays. Phillip Ross seems in control of his people about as much as anyone of us has over an ermite.
    Viray, there is one major distinction. The average Joe-Omni wants peace because peace is good for business. As long as clans don't attack OT concerns, he doesn't really care about the clans.

The average Joe-Clan doesn't seem to want peace becasue he is still sore with OT for stuff that happened 200 years ago. He cares about what OT does because he feel the clans should rule the whole of the planet (democratically of course), not just the North.

And of course there are extremists both sides who just keep fanning the flames, and Borpac orgs who agenda puts them in a direct collision course with pretty much everyone. But at least I can understand Borpac's point of view.

Savoy
    Last edited by Savoy; Apr 7th, 2003 at 23:43:28.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast