Thread: Borealis Aid Accord terms released

Post Borealis Aid Accord terms released

Greetings Citizens of Rubi-Ka

By now most of you know about the offer Omni-Mining has made towards the neutrals. It has been a while since we made public our offer. After time of discussion between the Neutral organizations supporting it and the Board of Omni-Mining, we have finally made the terms or guidelines of the neutral aid official. We are now public releasing these terms and looking forward to aiding the Neutral community of Rubi-Ka. The following is the official document release:

Omni-Mining, department of Omni-Tek, official release; Date: April 05, 29477

This official document presents the terms of the neutral aid, named, Borealis Aid Accord (BAA). The following terms were created and approved by the Board of Omni-Mining, the Board of Directors of Omni-Tek and the various Neutral organizational leaders. Thus an official document between the Neutral organizations and Omni-Mining.

The following is the official terms of the Borealis Aid Accord:

Section 1: Mining Agreement

A)The neutral organizations must voluntarily accept the BAA before any aid is given.
    B)By accepting the BAA, the neutral organization and Omni-Mining must fully respect and follow the terms brought forth in this document. Failure to do so permits immediate annulment of this agreement and investigation into the wrongful act.
    C)By agreeing to the BAA, Omni-Mining will supply private notum mining towers to the neutral organization.
    D)During mining operations done by these neutral organizations, 25% of the notum mined will be received by Omni-Mining. The remainder, 75% of notum, will be given to the neutral organization.
    E)The 75% of notum given to the organization is for private use. The organization has the option of selling it back to Omni-Mining if the owner of the mining operation so choices.

Section 2: Mining Locations

A)There are no restrictions on the location for placement of a private mining tower for the neutral organization under BAA.
    B)If a neutral organization places a tower in a clearly defined omni territory, Omni-Mining will not be able to stop an attack on this tower by Omni-Tek forces. These territories include: Galway, Clon****, Andromeda, 4 Holes, Lush Fields, Mutant Domain, Omni Forest, Greater Omni Forest, Pleasant Meadows, Southern Fouls Plains, Eastern Fouls Plains, Milky Way, Stret East Bank and Southern Artery Valley.
    C)Omni-Mining will do its best, diplomatically, to keep Omni organizations from building in neutral areas. These areas include: Holes in the Wall, Stret West Bank and Newland.

Section 3: Defense and Offense

A)Omni-Mining will do its best, with diplomacy, to stop any Omni attacks on private mining towers owned by neutral organizations under the BAA.
    B)In return, the neutral organizations will not attack any Omni affiliated private mining towers.
    C)If a neutral organization under the BAA attacks an Omni tower, Omni-Mining will not stop a counter-attack done by the Omni organization, and its allies, that was attacked.
    D)Omni-Mining will provide assistance of defense and or offense upon request. Omni-Mining will not however, partake in any offense against Omni-Tek organizations or defend a neutral tower from Omni-Tek organizations.

Any changes brought forth to this document must be discussed and accepted by all parties that effected its creation. This includes the Board of Omni-Mining, the Board of Directors of Omni-Tek and the Neutral organizational leaders.

Once again, I look forward to working with the various neutral organizations that have supported and accepted the Borealis Aid Accord.

From the desk of Major McCovery
    Leader of Desert Winds

Oh Swiftmind, once more the grasping Omni-Tek shows its true colours. It seems such a generous offer, help and aid independent miners. In reality this will lead to yet more mining and more damage to the ecosphere, more notum dug up and blasted off planet and the future of nanomage shortened. Did you not learn from your last attempt? Desert Winds and the other BORPAC members will stop this pathetic attempt to increase Omni-Teks profit margins and your own retirement fund. Retract the BAA before it is too late.
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Jesska Rhees sits down at her desk and opens the days news.

"Borealis Aid Accord Terms Released"

She had planned on skipping the article, as she was already well aware of everything it had to say, but she decided to read it over one more time, just to compare to her Omni-Mining memo, after all she was counting on this to assist in dealing with the Neutral groups as the politics of the deal began to play out.

After she had gone through the whole article, and saw that the proposal was exactly as she had been informed, she noticed there was a related statement from Desert Winds.

"From the desk of Major McCovery Leader of Desert Winds"

She read the rebuttle and sighed. "There always has to be one in every crowd". Switching off the news screen, she bagan to prepare a letter for her Boss.

-----

ATTN Swiftmind
    RE: Borealis Aid Terms

Greetings Swiftmind. I have noticed the terms were released. I stand ready to assist you as always, my friend, with the political issues Omni-Mining will be facing regarding this offer. As always, you have my complete support.

Jesska Rhees

-----

After writing her short letter, she leaned back in her chair and sipped her coffee. "ah..." She wispered to herself, "..now things are going to get fun...."
    AO is not just about pvp, or Rp or power lvling. It is about whatever the players choose to bring to it. Don't make it personal against one of these groups because you feel nerfed by the game company.

Atlantian: "Jesska Rhees" - lvl 153 Crat - retired
    Rimor: Krazee "Lilyflie" Madness - lvl 103 ENF - semi around again

"blackswords" looks over the blasted terrain and wreckage of another tower site battle. He watches as the nanobots dismantle the scrap of the towers into nothingness but the nanos can't repair the blast damage done to the trees and grounds.

His commlink blips as he is notified of an Omni-Mining transmission.

After reading the transmission and the reply from the Desert winds he pulls off his helmet and sits in the middle of the wounded land.

"Damn me if I think its the overzealous blind faith people that are destroying the life we have made here."

He thinks on a reply for a Bit...

Desert Winds org..

In my opinion the whole lot of you need to spend some time just watching the enviroment you love so much and you will realize that what we do to it matters little. For life is ever changing and Adapting to new things. She's a tough old bird that Mother Nature and she seems to still smile at us as she has not cooked up something to wipe us out. Also to say that we don't care for what happens is rather and unlearned response as If we mined out all the Notum then we'd have no profits from its sale. Profits that can be used to transform more of the planet into the green evnviroment you love and want to defend. I admire your love for nature and all its works but I am Appalled by your callousness to do whatever it takes to forward your aggend regardless of the costs to nature and others.

From John "Blackswords" Rm (Thats Real Mean shortend)

I just wonder which neutral organisations have agreed to this.
    Being in the management of one of the neutral organisations and just been pointed at this by another member of the management of Circle G. We have discussed this and find it strange that an Omni department is uni-laterally declaring that it has discussed this with the affected parties (currently mining complex owning neutral organisations and neutral organisations wanting to aquire a complex) without even our CEO knowing that Circle G has signed this.

I speak for Circle G when I say that we cannot accept the very one sided offer which isn't even legal since we didn't sign it.

The general reasoning of why we think this is not that fair for neutrals as a whole

Section 2: Mining Locations
    A+B+C) There are no restrictions where neutrals can build as long as you keep yourself to Holes in the Wall, Stret West Bank and Newland as long as the place you take over isn't omni. The rest is omni restricted. Reminds me of a guy called Ford and his statement "You can take any colour car you want as long as it is black".

Section 3: Defense and Offense

A+C+D) Circle G doesn't think that Omni-mining can control the other departments to such an extend that they will not go after neutral mining complexes.
    Further most Omni-Tek departments already don't go after neutral towers as a form of courtesy.

B) Circle G is a mercenary corperation. If we get paid enough by clanners to assist in attacking an Omni-Tek mining complex we will accept the money and attack.

To summarize:
    We pay 1/4 of the income we get to be restricted to 3 geographical locations with a claim that if those mining complexes get attacked by omni-tek that diplomatic channels will be used to withdraw the attackers and maybe we get even omni-tek support if those complexes get attacked by clanners. A bit decent department will play dumb till the end of the assault then go like sorry but we got it now.

Next time if you claim to have a draft of a document that is agreed upon by all participants make sure you actually talk to the people who supposedly have put their signature under it.
    Proud member of Circle G.
    We solve your problems on Rubi-Ka 1.(if the price is right)

Aristaeus, it seems you are misinformed. I did meet with Circle G's leader Glarawyn. She said that they were fair.

Now the reason I mentioned the omni areas is because no matter what we say omni will attack it due to that it is in an omni areas. It is mainly for your protection of getting on bad terms with some omni orgs. I never said you can't place a tower there, but I recommend you don't.

We have many supporters in Omni-Tek. Yes indeed there is one or two orgs. But don't underestimate the power of diplomacy, we can get the omni orgs to stop.

Is that not good then? That most omni orgs don't attack. I have already stopped a few from attacking, though of course you won't recongise that.

The diplomacy will be used to stop the attacks by omni before they happen. We aren't like most of the other orgs who don't care. We will do our best to stop any omni attacks and help in defense. Just yesterday I helped stop omni attacking Free Trade Alliance's tower in Newland Desert.

I never said Circle G, or any org, signed it. I said the leaders agreed to the terms, but not the aid. Now the terms are set and they can agree to it or not.

On a personel note...are you the spokes person of Circle G? You are just a squad commander. If you are for some reason then I am mistaken. But if you aren't, don't go speaking for your org when you shouldn't be.

As a member of Cirlce G's Leadership Circle, Arista has almost as much power as I do. We reserve the rank of General for the second in command.

Anyway, yes, I said they were fair. I also mentioned offhandly that not everything was in the best interests of Circle G.

I can see benifit for other neutral orgs, but items in the document conflict directly with Circle G's charter, business plan, goals, or whatever you want to call it. However, that doesn't mean we are unfriendly or hostile to Omni-Tek or the Clans.

For future reference, you can check the Circle G Employees page to see who is authorized to speak for Circle G.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Thank you for clearing up the misunderstanding Aristaeus and I had, Glarawyn. I was unware of his position in your org.

I understand and respect your org's position on this. I hope we can contiue togther in any business that is needed by both.

/me smiles

This is rather intreging

But, what i would really like is some clan feedback, as a neutral, i do not wish to be thought of as an omni collaberator

any way, any clanners reading this (And more so leaders and council mebers of guilds) please post your views as a reference

thanks

-Eva

((p.s sorry about any bad spelling, i am dislexic and do not posses a spell checker))

Since it was asked...

The Borealis Aid Accord - Analysis

A Devil in Disguise

Look at section 3 (specifically, subsections (c) and (d)). What this basically states is that, as a neutral organization, you are not permitted to take offensive action against an Omni-Tek organization, lest you violate the terms of the agreement. Yet, if an Omni-Tek organization takes it upon themselves to take offensive action against you, the "white knights" of Omni-Mining will do nothing aside from frantic, cursory, and undoubtedly ineffective diplomatic posturing towards the attacking department.

They are giving you Omni-Tek towers. They are assisting you in placing them. They are assisting you financially. Yet, when these very interests are threatened, where are they? Undoubtedly sitting at Rompa, sending a message or two to validate their terms of this agreement. I will not elaborate on the strategic implications of this mechanic, as it beyond the scope of this review.

Redrawing Political Boundaries

The principle problem in this document is that it is, in fact, a geopolitical trojan horse. Under current generally accepted practice, both Andromeda and Pleasant Meadows are, effectively, neutral. The principle outposts in both are run and operated exclusively by neutrals (being ICC and 20k, respectively). Do you honestly wish to acquiesce to these being declared Omni-Tek territories? Again, the strategic implications will not be discussed.

Pardon my cinicism in the above, but as the old saying goes, "if it looks too good to be true, it probably is."
    Emiliy Age
    Unit Leader, Foreign Relations
    Speak your heart, don't bite your tongue...

Whisper's Edge | Gridmail | Engy's Workshop | Tir School of Engineering

Bliqz on Shadowlands: "Gonna make it hard to decide who I can and cant eat."

Originally posted by Emiliy

Redrawing Political Boundaries

The principle problem in this document is that it is, in fact, a geopolitical trojan horse. Under current generally accepted practice, both Andromeda and Pleasant Meadows are, effectively, neutral. The principle outposts in both are run and operated exclusively by neutrals (being ICC and 20k, respectively). Do you honestly wish to acquiesce to these being declared Omni-Tek territories? Again, the strategic implications will not be discussed.

Pardon my cinicism in the above, but as the old saying goes, "if it looks too good to be true, it probably is."
    Say it isn't so? Omni-Tek trying to "help" neutrals, is actually a ploy to get their land?

I can see it now. Some foolish Neut orgs agree to Omni-Mining terms, and eventually Omni-Mining gains a controlling interest, from afar, in Neutral Mining territories. Eventually, the horse opens up and out comes Omni troops to "take over" the Neutral Mines. Omni-Mining gets through this mess without a scar because of the wording in the contract.

Any Neutral Org that accepts this might as well fill out an Omni-Tek application at the same time, as that will be the only way to keep the tower that was "donated" to you.

At least the BORPAC alliance sees through this fraud.

Thats what I can't wait to see, BORPAC vs. BAA . A militant organization vs a trojan sheep, er, I mean horse.

It'll be interesting..

-Tifanyx

Xenachan starts polishing his rifle...

I don't make public appearences, but for this, I will leave you with but a quick quip:

Take the BAA; it's but a matter of time before Omni overruns everything anyways. You would be foolish to not accept this very generous offer.

Pfff. It assumes the problem is that
    1) Neutrals are too poor to afford enough towers.

2)Neutrals don't have access to custom made towers.

Neither of which are true.

The real problem is that neutrals do not neccessarily have the numbers to defend agains the rogue Omni and Clans and guilds that they (as a faction) lack the discipline to police. Address that and have the guts to put a military foot down on your rogues who threaten peaceful mining operations, then and only then might you have something worth considering.
    Last edited by Lady Kali; Apr 8th, 2003 at 20:36:07.

((OOC: Posting as Keisar, my Omni Bureaucrat)

"Thank you, George."

Keisar said as George, his assistant driod, handed him his morning newspaper and coffee. He has always preferred the real paper newspaper than reading the news from gridfeed. Taking a sip from his freshly brewed coffee, he glanced at the headlines on the front page.

"Borealis Aid Accord terms released."
    "Desert Winds Major McCovery Bashes BAA"

"You know, George. Why do people always have to think that we are an evil corporation? It's all business you know. We draft up the terms, we present it out. We don't go out, twist people's arms and have them sign the contracts."

Keisar continued, with a chuckle, "Though I have to say these terms do favor our company... We don't really have to do a damn thing other than defending them from clans, which the corporation will gladly do anyway to keep on good terms with ICC. Anything to weaken the clans is good as well."

Closing the newspaper, Keisar said to George, "Remind me to set an appointment with the Omni-Mining people later. They seem to know what they are doing."
    Last edited by Votary; Apr 8th, 2003 at 23:43:06.
    Joseph "Votary" Zodiac - RK1 Clan Atrox MP
    I can summon pies (now mochams infused!)

"Holy Mocham!" - Votary

The real problem is that neutrals do not neccessarily have the numbers to defend agains the rogue clans and guilds that Omni and Clan (as a faction) lack the discipline to police. Address that and have the guts to put a military foot down on your rogues who threaten peaceful mining cooperatives, then and only then might you have something worth considering.
    And why shouldn't they attack? Oh no, poor fence sitting neuts getting in the way of the clan vs omni war.

*Get out big gun, move Boom!*

The problem of that logic is that OT is supposed to have an interest in defending the neutrals, as they don't want the to give the ICC any more reasons to shorten the Rubi-Ka lease. Thus it's in the clans best interests to create tension between OT and Neutrals. Thus it's in the best interested of OT to aid the neutrals. And then we go around again...

Sadly, the OT HQ bureaucracy doesn't seem to have much influence beyond a few core departments, but they're still doing marganlly better than the Clans, who have no government/unified front/etc now that the CoT and CoA have dissappeared beneath the dusty deserts of Rubi-Ka.

So kudos to Swiftmind and Omni-Mining for adhering to the policies of OT HQ and trying to do something in a corporation that is starting to unravel as more and more departments care only about themselves, and not OT as a whole. Sorry the aid agreement isn't what Circle G needs.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.