Thread: PvP in Mort

PvP in Mort

I noticed mort is a 25% political zone since the last Patch!!This is awful.We Clan used to hunt Borgs (very tough colonels and generals) and sometimes even team with omnis to beat'em all.
    This place is a good spot to get xp at high lvl (I'm 80).
    But now it is unplayable.MMD is only one minute in yalm from Mort and Omnis are camping above borg camp with their yalms, waitin you begin the fight with the borg, fall from the yalm and start attack you.I get slaughtered by a lvl 175 MA many times this week.The question is:what pleasure is there to kill players when already in a fight? What can a lvl 80 do vs a 175 one?
    Make high huntin spot not pvp again or reduce the pvp range after lvl 75 plz!!! MMD is a good place for those want to pvp and this is fair fight.
    Sturmkampfer lvl 80 Enforcer

Re: PvP in Mort

Originally posted by Sturmkampfer
    What can a lvl 80 do vs a 175 one?
    You are going to have to do what omnis has been doing at the Ace camp for a long time. RUN and don't hunt there again. I can tell you there are many omnis just waiting to take revenge upon clanners who had killed them at the Ace camp and lost millions worth of xp. Get over it, it was not fair that clan had such easy access to a place to hunt, when omnis had none.

Go to Pleasant Meadows. Lots of nice spots there where you can level up to about 105. After that it is missions, missions and missions.

And MMD is not a good place to PvP since you'll only find "duels" there where someone asks for a fight, you accept and suddenly you're ganked by 10 others just wanting to get credit for the kill. I suggest you bring a fixer with you in the team, so you can instantly grid home, or at least very fast.

There are a bunch of threads on this topic, so most everyone is probably not even reading this by now, but:

The solution is to give up trying to hunt in Mort. As a clanner I levelled up from 72 to 112 in Mort, but I won't go back again. Just not worth it.

And yeah, the problem is that there is no way to prevent yourself from getting killed. High level Omnis can just fly above the area in their yamalha, so high that they can't be attacked, and wait for the right moment to swoop down and kill some lone person, or just attack a whole group.

So, go to a different zone, no more hunting in Mort at the cyborg factory.

The real problem with this is that now Broken Shores is going to be even more crowded than ever.

I suggest you geta few more people, root them out of the sky in their planes and kill them all.

ganked...

my team(lv85-108) was ganked in Mort as we were fighting Borgs by a team of Omni mega-twinks(lv150+) and I can see no reason why FC would let this happen with such a W-I-D-E margin of levels between the two groups. What purpose does it serve??

At least I got a pinkie when one lone Omni(lv134) stumbled up on our group and didn't make it

I team in mort for the borgs all the time. Omnis's are generaly not killing clanners who are in groups. In fact my group (75-90) regularly waxes the floor with Omnis twice our level. I like the change.

Sure we occasionaly get PK'ed but most of the time we get attacked, the Omnis loose. Just don't go out there with less than a full group. I applaud funcom for this change. Now we can hunt borgs AND Omnis

Mort could be a great spot for pvp and xp if it was fair but I dont understand why a lvl 175 can kill me (I'm 82) if I cant kill a lvl 30-40 (I'm 82). The lvl 75 limit should be change to a lvl around 125. Its so hard to find a team there now!!!

Remember the dungeons near the op in Mort; the dungeons ain't political, right? Just be full team if some omni is waiting for you to come out, or have a fixer AND and adv for optimal quick get away; go to the op, zone in the shop and come back out and save.
    I don't mind Mort becoming political, it's much less populated now and that fits the area's ambiance. What I did mind though is that it was 25 without warning. When I logged back with my adv who was a bit further than the op (thus in the 25 zone), I was about to get attacked by an omni but lucky me a guard was there to cause him trouble... enough for me to run back to the op

Mort used to ba a fun place to go to do something different that the same old Missions in Broken Shores.

It was a good break for some of us to go do some solos groups and have some fun, while gaining decent XP. I actually know a couple people who quit the game, because they made Mort a 25% zone.

Level 80s being able to be attacked by level 180s is rediculous. You should not be able to be attacked by a player that you normally would not get experience if that same player was on your team. Meaning, if you can't mission with that player and get XP, you shouldn't be able to get attacked by a player of that level or higher.

Currently I am lvl 127 and can be attacked by a lvl 200. The difference in lvl is 73. So would it be fare if I could attack a level 54? I don't think so. This really needs to be fixed.

re: mort clan cyborg camp turning 25%
    well.. now you see what omni players have been
    complaining about for so long .. it sucks, eh?
    there are enough griefers on both sides to
    leave both places almost empty now . .

and I agree, the 75-200 PvP range is too broad. .
    level 180s ganking players 100 levels lower is not cool.

the idea of maintaining the "can i team and gain XP with" rule
    is one i'd support .. by level 100 you can team with level 140s ..
    that's a wide enough margin IMO.

Once you have a team in Mort its not too hard to survive the Omnis. The last time I hunted there about a week or so ago (before I retired my NT until further notice) with a full team we took out a team of 3 120+ omnis with minimum diffculties. Plus there are usually some higher level clanners around to watch your backs. You just gotta get a full team and always be aware of who is around you.
    "tYpInG lIkE tHiS or using numbers for letters (D00D!) is not clever, and will get you marked as someone to avoid."
    -Sybex Official Strategies and Secrets of Anarchy Online

146 Nano NT - Ayabe (retired, naked, and penniless)
    33 Opifex Fixer - Nekkidas (orphaned)
    72 Sol MA - Medang (orphaned)
    42 Sol MP - Lilake (orphaned)
    18 Sol Adv (orphaned)
    10 Sol Trader (orphaned)