Thread: Funcom----declare War!!!

Lightbulb Funcom----declare War!!!

Hey, I've been playin AO for about a month now, and frankly I feel that there is'nt alot of attention being put towards PvP zones. I wanted to play for the team interaction, the RP aspect and most of all the Player versus Player aspect.

Putting that 40% cap on attacks or whatever is slap in the face!!! I mean, if I go out to a Political Zone with my Lev18 Soldier, feelin kinda badass, and this lev 50 agent just SMOKES my A** and I die, SO BE IT! If funcom wants to put a cap on the attacks in 0% zones, then NO ONE will want to fight in them! I've heard alot of comments on this, mostly that Players are fed-up with the lack of attention that Funcom is putting on this part of the game. Other MMORPG's out there dont offer PvP zones in the PvM zone, you'd have to create a new player in that zone. Having these zones in the game is AWESOME, and I love the idea! but I think we should be given the same credit for fighting monsters when we fight EACHOTHER!!!!

Here's an idea FUNCOM, DROP THE 40% CAP!!!!!! Then in the story, declare a war, clan vs omni....I'd LOVE to see the 0% zones filled with guys just dukin it out! It'll generate A LOT more interest in this area of the game!!!!!!!!!

sorry to be putting story ideas in the PvP Conflict board, but the ideas just kept stickin together.

see you all onthe battlefield, hopefully!!!!

I believe a declaration will occur in the story line however they seem to be starting with talks of peace. In the future I am sure such talks will break down and the conflict will widen.

As to the 40% cap I believe it is restricted to special attacks. Burst, Fling, Full Auto, Aimed shot, and Dimach can now only do 40% on a target total life in damage. Normal damage types suchs as Nanos and standard damage from weapons have been halves for PvP. No change occured to PvE play even in the Mayhem zones.

The basic reason for these changes was the speed at which kills occured in PvP. In most PvP encounters the person that shot first won. This win would occur in the first few seconds of combat. Unfortunately, while this system probably accurately shows combat with guns ... swift and brutal, it is not much fun from a play standpoint. (At least in my opinion.)

The choice Funcom made was to lengthen PvP combats. The manner they chose to do it was by reducing all damage outputs. (Interesting side note this indentical scenario occured in EQ with Verant dropping spell damage by 33% in PvP for pretty much the same reason). The chief problem with this choice is it does not address healing in any way. By dramatically reducing damage but not healing it makes it extremely difficult to "close the deal" in PvP particularly against healing classes.

While I believe lengthening the standard PvP encounter is a good thing I do not know if the hard caps on damage are the best way to handle it. For a game that was designed for PvP as the central aspect of the game this seems an enormous rule change to occur 4 months after release.

I would have preferred to see addtional PvP only nanos or abilities adding to the "weaker" PvP classes. This way the strong classes still retain their abilities but the other classes have options to respond with. This way a player that is on the ball can blunt the attack of his opponent and counter with his abilities.