Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Modest Proposal.

Originally posted by Bliqz
    How you decide to allocate your mining proffits is between you and your clan...
    This choice was made even before clans bought the necessary equipment to mine notum.

We can ask for credits in favor of the organizational benefits, but we'll never see any credits.

Originally posted by Bliqz
    Your new recruits have more resources available to them than Omni-Tek employees as well.
    The resources may help our new recruits, but do not fund such projects as restoring Old Athen. Try as you might, we simply lack the necessary means at this time.

Perhaps a peace offering from Omni-Tek would be a sizable donation to fix Old Athen, but I'm sure Omni-Tek is simply too greedy to perform any such an act of kindness. That, and as already stated, considering they won't fix their own run down areas in Omni-Ent.

Originally posted by Jypsie
    The only instance of the use of multiple-lifetime contracts was as part of the Pardon Agreement to give criminals a second chance in life. If there has been further use of it that you can show me solid evidence of (in-game history, in the novel, etc.) then I am incorrect. Otherwise, I'm not ignorant or dening anything. But you are still arrogant in either case
    The biggest assumption of most Omni-Tek employees are that they have committed no crimes, and/or are not criminals and/or are not subject to those terms of the contract. Corporate law states that "the very act of being a registered member of the clans" even "a political and/or military supporter of the clans" (( news archives )) to which you are guilty of.

These speak of your political actions. You have openly supported a clan science conference movement (Nov. 19th, 29,476) and have even shown support in a clan/omni theatrical group (Mar. 11th, 29,477).

As for your military support. All of Division 9 assisted clans in removing an Omni-Tek mining facility in Jan. 29,477. Of course, multiple crimes were committed during this raid. Destruction of company property, murder of fellow employees and treason to name a few.

These crimes were found in the network database. I'm certain Omni-Tek has more on you that they're not willing to share with the clans. And of course, you better than anyone know all your crimes. Of which you are claiming ignorance and denying despite stating, "I'm not ignorant or dening anything."

Nonetheless, you have violated numerous corporate laws and thus are subject to the "multiple-lifetime" portion of the contract to which you deny applies to you.

Also, Division 9 can thank Daetona for making known Division 9s criminal activities against its fellow Omni-Tek employees.

Ooo...mudslinging. Fun *grins*

Hmm, well, where to begin.

The science conference, where I pledged my own Departments (Rational Science and Genotype Enforcement) attendence, but not participation mind you, was to gather information from scientific colleges and better my own employees knowledge base. While at the same time through intra-departmental memos ((our own message board)), everyone was given strict orders that no Omni-Tek proprietary knowledge was to be given to anyone outside the company during this event. This order was obeyed. We were there to watch and listen. Calling us guilty of a crime in that instance is like saying Omni-Pol is guilty for patrolling a clan rally in Neutral Territory to keep the peace/prevent rioting. They watch and prevent crime and keep order; we watch and prevent dangerous technologies and dangerous minds from being developed.

My interest and support for the humanities on Rubi-Ka is hardly grounds for accusations of treason. A far cry from political support for Clans. If anything, it shows that Omni-Tek does care about the population of this mud-ball more than many Clans would give us credit for, and that the Division is more than black armor clad stormtroopers on a warpath.

The accusation of a military assult on Omni-Tek property though, rather angers me, Cemetarygate. The only instance that you could possibly be refering to was a friendly-fire incident during the defense of Red-Tape's base, when one of our soldiers was caught by surpise of the lowering gas levels. A defense tower fired upon him, and in his shock, he returned a single shot back ((auto-attack is a %$#@ when gas levels drop to 5%)) The soldier was repremanded, apologies made, and we successfully defended the Operation from Clan assult. Do better research than skimming through some database of Tower Attack messages before you dare question our loyalties on the battlefield again.

Hmmph.
    Last edited by Jypsie; Apr 12th, 2003 at 03:44:58.
    Vice President Cristin "Jypsie" Kaba
    Division 9 : Rational Science and Genotype Enforcement
    R.S.G.E Division 9

Webster is your friend.

You who consider yourselves actors and performers,
    if you play a compelling tune the people will dance.
    - Leetraider

Quote ::

"Perhaps a peace offering from Omni-Tek would be a sizable donation to fix Old Athen, but I'm sure Omni-Tek is simply too greedy to perform any such an act of kindness. "

*Laughs and laughs*

Oh yes... Lets make a donation to the Clans, to repair the damage they inflicted when taking over Omni-2 ... Yeah, that sounds reasonable.

Of course, now will come the accusations of it being a greed-based decision, which I can accept... It certainly won't keep me up at night.

Absolutely rediculous...

" Hey, I broke into your place, smashed things up, now, can I have some cred to fix this place up for myself? "

Honestly, are you really that foolish to think we'd offer you cred to fix the damage your people did?

Say what you will, but this is perhaps the most moronic thing I've ever heard from a Clanner, and that says a lot.

As for the Tower Incident you speak of, I know exactly to which you refer... The Target's Leader is a Criminal, and a liar. Worse than any scum that has oozed from the outlands, and mutated itself to walk. His mock- Organization had its holdings destroyed and reclaimed by the REAL Organization on which he perpitrated his crimes... I know this, because I was there, and damn proud to be. That is exactly the type of Operation InternOps was designed to perform.

The attack was permitted by Omni-Tek Executives, and actually encouraged most generously. So despite what you may think about Division 9 RSGE, we commited no crime, but acted legally in the name of truth and honor... of course, I'm sure you'll disagree, but as I've said prior, the day I let a Clanner tell me what Omni-Tek views as official policy, is the day I let a Nano-Technician tell me how to throw a punch.

And for the record, the base was barren of personel except those waging the attack, so the accusations of murder are completely false ! Get your facts straight before you make such accusations in the future, and try to tarnish the reputation of an honorable Organisation.

If this is not the incident to which you refer, you had best explain yourself or run the risk of being seen as a liar.

I eagerly await to see what you try to claim next...

~ General Monte "Daetona" Jr.
    DEA / SUDA Diplomatic Affairs
    Division 9 RSGE
    Omni-Tek Corporation

ooc~ This incident was to punish a former Officer of the guild in question, who one night while nobody else was on, made a macro to systematically kick everyone from the Org, thus destroying their Towers, their roster, and their hard work. He then walked off with their Org Bank, and started a Guild by the same name, except it included the word "The" before it. It was an ooc attack, to show him that while he destroyed their work, he could not destroy their spirit, and unity. Anyone who was there was proud to help, and proud to make a statement to this guy, and any other like him, that actions like that will not be tolerated in the community. If you honestly try to associate this with RP, then you are very misinformed... As this was an OOC battle, much like any Unique Camp for Items and Loot.
    Last edited by Daetona; Apr 12th, 2003 at 04:49:53.
    *Cuts to the cold static of an ended Grid-feed...*

Division 9 RSGE

OOC
    ooc~ This incident was to punish a former Officer of the guild in question, who one night while nobody else was on, made a macro to systematically kick everyone from the Org, thus destroying their Towers, their roster, and their hard work. He then walked off with their Org Bank, and started a Guild by the same name, except it included the word "The" before it. It was an ooc attack, to show him that while he destroyed their work, he could not destroy their spirit, and unity. Anyone who was there was proud to help, and proud to make a statement to this guy, and any other like him, that actions like that will not be tolerated in the community. If you honestly try to associate this with RP, then you are very misinformed... As this was an OOC battle, much like any Unique Camp for Items and Loot.
    Oh that! Oh that was not IC gameplay, that was reversing a grief. You use that Cemetary, and that's low.

Its like saying your gaming group went to the movies but a 15 year old member had to wait around since he was underage, but when you got back, he had burned everyone's character sheets in a rage. Then he claimed, "Everything's gone! You don't have character sheets!" It was fixing a mess for some folks. It's just bad form to bring that up as an in-character arguement.
    Last edited by Jypsie; Apr 12th, 2003 at 08:35:29.
    R.S.G.E Division 9

Webster is your friend.

- Leetraider

Originally posted by Directive
    Were it not for our notum spliced genes we migth starve as well, but have you not noticed that quite a few of the nanomage persuasion have no mouths? How do you propose we eat? Quite simply, we live off of the (up until now) abundant notum particles in the air.
    And I always thought you pushed food up your bum.
    Didymus - Solitus Trader, Member of Instability

The science conference, where I pledged my own Departments (Rational Science and Genotype Enforcement) attendence, but not participation mind you, was to gather information from scientific colleges and better my own employees knowledge base.
    The show of support was simply being there to which you gave the order. Not to mention the fact you refer to the clan scientist as your "scientific colleges" rather than the enemy. Both of these instances, which you openly admit, show your political support for clan sciences.

Calling us guilty of a crime in that instance is like saying Omni-Pol is guilty for patrolling a clan rally in Neutral Territory to keep the peace/prevent rioting. They watch and prevent crime and keep order; we watch and prevent dangerous technologies and dangerous minds from being developed.
    You didn't say you were there to guard anyone. You said you ordered your people there to attend and take notes. A more appropriate Omni-Tek reaction would have been to shut down the clan science conference, take clan personal into custody and question them as to the purpose of the conference. Of which you did not do, but instead ordered your people to attend and take notes.

These acts are unbecomming of an Omni-Tek officer and why you are guilty of politically supporting a clan science conference.

The accusation of a military assult on Omni-Tek property though, rather angers me, Cemetarygate. The only instance that you could possibly be refering to was a friendly-fire incident during the defense of Red-Tape's base, when one of our soldiers was caught by surpise of the lowering gas levels. A defense tower fired upon him, and in his shock, he returned a single shot back ((auto-attack is a %$#@ when gas levels drop to 5%)) The soldier was repremanded, apologies made, and we successfully defended the Operation from Clan assult. Do better research than skimming through some database of Tower Attack messages before you dare question our loyalties on the battlefield again.
    This information is completely unrelatd to what I was referring. I urge you not to jump to conclusions before finding out all the facts next time.

Oh that! Oh that was not IC gameplay, that was reversing a grief. You use that Cemetary, and that's low.
    (( This event generated both OOC and IC responses at the time of the event. Please don't suggest, or state, all IC responses generated at that time should be ignored and/or treated as OOC. People role played accordingly to the event and it is their role play I'm using as my basis for information.

In addition, I'm appalled that you would call my role playing "low" while you say nothing about the others who made IC comments about the event. Fine for them to make IC comments but I'm not even allowed to use their IC comments? Whatever. ))

Originally posted by Daetona
    As for the Tower Incident you speak of, I know exactly to which you refer... The Target's Leader is a Criminal, and a liar. Worse than any scum that has oozed from the outlands, and mutated itself to walk. His mock- Organization had its holdings destroyed and reclaimed by the REAL Organization on which he perpitrated his crimes... I know this, because I was there, and damn proud to be. That is exactly the type of Operation InternOps was designed to perform.
    You're just now realizing Omni-Tek is filled with these types of people?

The attack was permitted by Omni-Tek Executives, and actually encouraged most generously. So despite what you may think about Division 9 RSGE, we commited no crime, but acted legally in the name of truth and honor... of course, I'm sure you'll disagree, but as I've said prior, the day I let a Clanner tell me what Omni-Tek views as official policy, is the day I let a Nano-Technician tell me how to throw a punch.
    These events my have very well been authorized by Division 9 executives which is why all of Division 9 are guilty of these crimes. Or are you suggesting Ross violated corporate law and ordered this operation?

And for the record, the base was barren of personel except those waging the attack, so the accusations of murder are completely false ! Get your facts straight before you make such accusations in the future, and try to tarnish the reputation of an honorable Organisation.
    The information clans have did not state the base was barren. For the sake of argument we'll say our intel was incorrect. That still leaves us with destruction of company property and treason to which you are guilty of.

(( This event ... comments? Whatever. ))
    ((Fine then, we'll do it your way.))

We removed a rogue Omni-Tek executive's operation and allowed the reallocation his territory. The company is better off for it. Sometimes employees can crack under stress and they become a danger to society. I'm sure that the clans have thier own fair share of criminal personalities to deal with.

The difference is that we have them dealt with.

The show of support ... clan sciences.
    I have respect for great minds, that is why I consider them my colleagues regardless of thier current affiliation. You can learn much about your enemies simply by watching and listening and letting them talk, rather than straping them to a chair and beating it out of them.

Which I am sure you are aware of.

And I have been known to be quite a headhunter, both from other companies and from outside sources. Its a fact of life that brilliant minds are a great resource to the Hyper Corps, and fought over.

You didn't say ... a clan science conference.
    Don't pretend to tell me my job, puppy. Perhaps in your twisted, paranoid view of The Company, this is how we get the job done. But your views are far off from reality. EDIT: My actions and my orders are how we get results, not your propaganda riddled assumption that we always knock heads when controlled force is not the most effective means to an end. I can see though, that you are a Clansman set in his views and would never consider that Omni-Tek personnel could be anything else. You even attacked the fact that I enjoy plays. It would be impossible for an Omni-Tek employee to consider anything else than outright violence to complete a goal, is it? Do you view all employees with such lack of humanity?

Although you are making me want to get my old stomping boots out again *chuckles*
    Last edited by Jypsie; Apr 13th, 2003 at 07:03:06.
    R.S.G.E Division 9

Webster is your friend.

- Leetraider

Maybe you don't understand InternOps procedure, so I'll speak slowly, and use smaller words...

InternOps is the internal security of Omni-Tek... That means, that when someone within the corporation has commited a felony, against either another Employee, or outside party such as a Neutral or Clan Member, InternOps investigates... and handles the situation with great care.

The facts of this case are notum crystal clear. The Criminal in question sabotaged a long standing and law-abiding Omni-Tek Department from within... that is considered a Class 1 Offense of high priority. What he stole was to be reclaimed for those he stole it from, and was succesfully. No persons where sent through reclaim in the process, and the case was closed.

Now whether your intel says there where defenders there or not, is of little concern to me, as I was there... and have digital images of the battle taken by my Wen Wen to back it up. If your intel says otherwise, it is incorrect. End of story.

Those Operatives of Division 9 RSGE and other Departments that took part in this Operation acted in accordance with Omni-Tek policy, and one-hundred percent by the book.

I have been aware that their are rogue employees of Omni-Tek for some time, and am not "just discovering this now" ... as I have stated numerous times, elsewhere. I have served within InternOps for many years now, and have brought a large number of them to justice through routine operations, here on Rubi-Ka, and elsewhere.

"Or are you suggesting Ross violated corporate law and ordered this operation? "

CEO Ross does not head up InternOps. So no, he did not sanction this operation, however, he did thank those who took part for ridding the Company of an inner-threat such as the criminal in question afterwards. And there is no corporate law saying someone within the company can never be found guilty of crimes BY the company, and punished accordingly, so even if he did, there is no violation to speak of...

"The information clans have did not state the base was barren. For the sake of argument we'll say our intel was incorrect. That still leaves us with destruction of company property and treason to which you are guilty of. "

For the sake of reason, lets say your intel IS wrong, and you're trying to save face... As for the rest, read above.

Do not try to quote Omni-Tek Policy to two dedicated and loyal Employees my friend... That is an argument you cannot win. We live and die, over and over again, by these regulations, and know them thoroughly.

And as I said above, the next time you try to tarnish the reputation of one of Omni-Teks longest standing and most recognized Organisations, at least get your facts straight. You'll not accomplish anything with misinformation except showing the world your dishonorable nature... I offer this not as an insult, but as advice.

~General Monte "Daetona" Jr.
    DEA / SUDA Diplomatic Affairs
    Division 9 RSGE
    Omni-Tek Corporation

Division 9 RSGE

My apologies for getting yout thread highjacked, Bliqz. It was not intended.
    R.S.G.E Division 9

Webster is your friend.

- Leetraider

The both of you are doing what any criminal would do. Claim innocence and/or attempting to justify your actions. No need. You've already been proven guilty. Case closed.

There never was a case... There was only some wild aligation of illegal activity, which carried no weight at all. So you're right, there is no need...

And yes, my appologies Bliqz. But topics such as this often carry with them strong emotions.

Division 9 RSGE

Fixerben watches the Clanners put the smackdown on the ill-informed Omni.

Another example of Omni intelligence.

Fixerben slides into his grid armor wincing with pain and disappears into a cloud of Red Nanobots.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Originally posted by Cemetarygate
    The both of you are doing what any criminal would do. Claim innocence and/or attempting to justify your actions. No need. You've already been proven guilty. Case closed.

Nice. Fling allegations that are rebutted soundly in every instance and then simply shut down.

Next time you come after me, bring kryptonite.
    R.S.G.E Division 9

Webster is your friend.

- Leetraider

Nice. Fling allegations that are rebutted soundly in every instance and then simply shut down.

Next time you come after me, bring kryptonite.
    Perhaps if you didn't admit guilt in your rebutle then I would see a need to continue. But, you admitted guilt. Thus, no need to continue.

You should chose your words more carefully next time.

*sighs*

You brought up several actions of Division 9.

We admitted to those actions.

You claimed they are criminal.

We proved that they are not crimes.

That is your case closed.
    R.S.G.E Division 9

Webster is your friend.

- Leetraider

Relax Ma'am, it's all to obvious that he's trying to save face here, as he knows he's been proven wrong in this instance. Don't let him get a rise out of you... Anyone that knows Omni-Tek Policy can see this, and anybody that doesn't is of little concern in this matter...

Personally, I'd like to get back to Bliqz original concept, and away from this mud-slinger's remarks... After all, that is what this is all about.

Division 9 RSGE

Shuldrich arrives back in Rome Blue, Highrise 7 after a short time offworld, he sets his his breifcase next to the gridfeed terminal and composes a small message

Dear Clanners,

If you don't like it here with Omni-Tek please lease your own planet, then you can do as you wish. Until such a time comes to pass please remember you are at best guests and at worst trespassers on Omni-Tek property.

Regards,

Shuldrich

You brought up several actions of Division 9.
    Correct.
    We admitted to those actions.
    Correct.
    You claimed they are criminal.
    I was not claiming they are criminal. I was providing factual data which corporate law states is criminal. There's a difference.
    We proved that they are not crimes.
    I know you needed to do that for your own benefit. I didn't notice that right away, but when I "shut down" is when it hit me. I mean, that's when I realized you and Daetona were still in denial.

You need to realize guilt on your own terms, and nothing I can say or do will help either of you reach that stage any sooner. Perhaps one day you and Daetona will understand what you did was wrong and come to accept the responsibility of your actions. That is when the true healing can begin.
    That is your case closed.
    Yes, I understand now and have shared my thoughts with you. In time, you will understand the error in your ways. I wish you the best of luck in reaching that point.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast