Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Modest Proposal.

Originally posted by Cemetarygate
    Jypsie, you're to follow the company motifs (political and economic gain), do what the company wants you to do, say what the company wants you to say and think what the company wants you to think. Which, not only are you legally obligated, please note the fine print in the Omni-Tek contract you signed, to do, but are also brainwashed to ensure you do.

This includes, but not limited to, stepping on anyone to climb the corporate latter and oppressing those beneath you to ensure you stay at the top. Higher position, as I'm sure Omni-Tek considers, is your reward for being a good little drone.
    Your perception indeed. But your perceptions of OTRK, and the reality of your communist regiem will not differ much.
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Originally posted by Bliqz
    Emiliy and Cemetarygate:

Athen was named after the clan leader that SACKED AND PLUNDERD the city. OTRK did make an effort to retake it, but you are telling me that after more than 250 years you cant clean the place up a bit? Lazy...One word I feel more and more defines you dirt loving clanners...All I see lately is this disgusting attitude that you are owed a living not because you work for it, or earn it, but simply because you had the misfortune to be born in that cesspool you call home.

Pick yourselves out of the slime, and join the hard working masses of humanity. A little hard work never hurt anyone, and a little elbow grease might make yout cities a litlte more tolerable.

And take a bath. You stink of communism, and blolgna.
    Yer jus' still sore cuz you punks couldn't take the city back.

/me sticks out his tongue

Nonny nonny poo poo! Mlaaaaahh

'Sides, what d'yu care if our cities are nasty? You don't live there. Neither do I, but thats a different story
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Uwen.
    My point was that Emiliy and Cemetarygate should not point fingers unless they are willing to point that high powered perception internaly as well.
    Athen and Tir are dirty places. They have been for 250 years. Any responsibility for their state lies squarely on the clan vermin that inhabit them.
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Ah, ok then.

Still...

Pah, you've never even been to Tir. But I don't live there either. My home is nice and clean.

And I find it humourous that you would say that Emmi and CG need to "judge not lest ye be judged" or whatever when you yourself are guilty of judging others when you, nor anyone in OmniTek, nor Omnitek itself, is anywhere near perfection.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

No one can say that I have ever been affraid to look into corruption and disloyalty withinn Omni itself. I have made enemies almost as frequently with people who call themselves Omni citizens as with the clanners.

And no claims to perfection have been made. I take umbrance to attempting to smear the name of Omni by implying that we are somehow responsible for clan filth and squallor.

Where is your government to provide civil services like waste management and street maintanance?

Ill answer. Nowhere, because you are all to greedy or lazy to cooperate and get anything done...So you dirty people live in your dirty homes, built in your dirty cities. And since you cannot bear the thought that it is your own fault, you blame Omni-Tek because to blame yourselves would mean that you had to fix your own problems.

So, like a disease, when your host dies, you abandon it and look for a healthy body to infect.
    God is a bullet.

Quote ::

"Originally posted by Cemetarygate
    Jypsie, you're to follow the company motifs (political and economic gain), do what the company wants you to do, say what the company wants you to say and think what the company wants you to think. Which, not only are you legally obligated, please note the fine print in the Omni-Tek contract you signed, to do, but are also brainwashed to ensure you do.

This includes, but not limited to, stepping on anyone to climb the corporate latter and oppressing those beneath you to ensure you stay at the top. Higher position, as I'm sure Omni-Tek considers, is your reward for being a good little drone.

General Kaba has NEVER oppressed anyone beneath her rank in Division 9 , or Omni-Tek... and the fact that you claim she has speaks nothing but assumption and ignorance on your part.

The simple fact is, she is a fine leader, who encourages nothing but the best to all who serve in her Department, and gives credit to those who shine through.

And as for this 'fine print' you speak of, as well as the brainwashing... What would a Member of the Clans possibly know of Omni-Tek Management !? That would hold as much truth as me stating that you force your underlings to wear pink polka-dotted boxers at all times... Purely a speculative statement with absolutely NO backing or proof at all...

If you desire to subscribe to stereo-types and myths of what practices Omni-Tek follows, that is your choice. But I would learn to recognize sarcasm before opening that mouth of yours, especially towards things you know less than nothing about.

~General Monte "Daetona" Jr.
    DEA / SUDA Diplomatic Affairs
    Division 9 RSGE
    Omni-Tek Corporation
    *Cuts to the cold static of an ended Grid-feed...*

Division 9 RSGE

My point was that Emiliy and Cemetarygate should not point fingers unless they are willing to point that high powered perception internaly as well.
    Athen and Tir are dirty places. They have been for 250 years. Any responsibility for their state lies squarely on the clan vermin that inhabit them.
    We have attempted to restore Athen but lack the necessary credits to restore Athen. Initially, though, I simply stated we lacked funding. Apparently that wasn't enough for you.

Regarding Tir, the waters have been restored to their non toxic state.

Daetona, "but not limited to" means General Kaba is not limited to oppression to maintain rank, but other methods as well. Of which I didn't mention, nor even specifically stated which method for that matter.

Next time, examine the words more carefully before claiming "assumption and ignorance" on anyone's part.

Originally posted by Daetona
    And as for this 'fine print' you speak of, as well as the brainwashing... What would a Member of the Clans possibly know of Omni-Tek Management !? That would hold as much truth as me stating that you force your underlings to wear pink polka-dotted boxers at all times... Purely a speculative statement with absolutely NO backing or proof at all...
    The fine print is in your contract. Obviously you havn't read the contract if you claim this as being speculative.

The brainwashing is heard over the loud speakers throughout Omni-Ent/Trade. Obviously your mind welcomes the continiously repeating dialoques as second nature if you claim this as being speculative.

If you desire to subscribe to stereo-types and myths of what practices Omni-Tek follows, that is your choice. But I would learn to recognize sarcasm before opening that mouth of yours, especially towards things you know less than nothing about.
    After you take your foot out of your mouth and before you come off sounding anymore ignorant than you already have, go read your contract and then pay close attention to the messages in Omni-Ent/Trade.

We have attempted to restore Athen but lack the necessary credits to restore Athen. Initially, though, I simply stated we lacked funding. Apparently that wasn't enough for you.
    Translated to remove political double talk: "Clanners are just too damn greedy to pay for civil programs."

Cemetarygate, you clanners have the credits. No one can argue that there is more notum mined by the clans than by the privatly owned Omni facilities. We sell our notum to OTRK export brokers just as you do. Take your transparent lies and propoganda, and peddle them elsewhere.
    God is a bullet.

I have proposed a few ways that once this grand illusion of democracy descends upon Rubi-Ka, that clanners can be made productive members of society.
    But what about the present? You have killed a clanner, liberated its useful items, but what to do with the carcass? I have one word for you:

Leather

Leather has been used for millennia, and even today, it is a much-desired commodity here on Rubi-Ka. Agents and Fixers alike desire it for its protective qualities, and what self-respecting Crat doesn’t was a nice leather briefcase?

The problem is how to get the hide from the mission, to the tailor. In their natural state, the skins will decompose, and smell atrocious. The answer of course is tanning. I am providing this brief overview of the tanning process.

Tanning converts the hide into a stable material which will not decayed or be attacked by bacteria. This process converts the collagen, the major property of the hide, into a resistant condition. The tanning process also gives the necessary feel and physical characteristics of leather. There are several tanning processes. The type of tanning procedure used depends largely on the hide itself and the resulting product intended.

- Vegetable tanning: Uses bark and wood extracts to give a brown colored leather used mainly for shoe soles, harness, leather goods, upholstery and some upper leathers.

- Mineral or Chrome tanning: Uses chrome salts to give a pale blue leather which is more resistant to heat - used for clothing, shoe upper and industrial leathers. This process is much faster than vegetable tanning.

- Combination tanning: Used for some sole and some upper leather

- Alum or Alum Chrome tanning: Used for pure white upper leathers and furs

- Oil tanning: Limited to 'chamois' tanning - gives a very soft, water absorbent leather.

After tanning, the resulting product is a distinctive blue shade and is therefore known as Wet Blue. The hides or skins can be dried for further transport by pressurized rollers that will squeeze out excess moisture.

After tanning some additional operations are required, which in general aim at leveling the hides and skins to give them a uniform thickness.

a) Splitting: The wet blue (which at this stage are fairly thick), are then split horizontally through their structure to produce two thinner pieces. The outer skin surface goes forward for processing as Full Grain Leather, the underside is suede- sometimes also known as split-leather.

b) Shaving: Any further correction of the thickness is done by shaving off any fleshy material not wanted.

c) Retanning: A second tanning process is carried out to prepare the leather for receiving the final color (dyeing). Retanning removes free acids that are present in wetblue and make the leather softer or firmer.

d) Dyeing :Coloring by means of soluble dyes.

- Aniline-Dyed Leather
    Aniline dying is a process where transparent dyes are used so that the original markings on the leather, such as grain, scars, can be seen.

- Drum Dyed Leather
    The leather is placed in rotating drums of dye. The dye is absorbed into the leather while the leather is tumbled in the drums. The dye penetrates the entire thickness of the hide. Therefore, even with years of use, the leather retains its color over the entire surface.

- Pigment Dyed Leather
    Pigment dyed refers to leather whose surface has been coated with finishing materials containing pigments or other opaque materials. The process is much like a painting process and the dye stays close to the surface.

d) Fat-liquoring: This process gives the final softness and flexibility to the tanned hide.

e) Rolling: The leathers are again passed through the pressurized rollers to remove the moisture and are then dried.
    Finishing

The specific steps in the finishing process are dependent on the requirements of the final product and vary for different leathers. The finish applied determines how the end product looks in terms of color, shade, luster, feel, protection, resistance to rubbing, flexing and fading. Waxes, pigments, dyes, glazes, oils, waxes and other solutions are also added to make the leather more appealing to the buyer.

There are several commercial tanning kits available and some that use a more natural approach by utilizing the organs and oils that are found in the carcass of the clanner itself.
    God is a bullet.

*Punches up his contract with Omni-Tek on his HUD, and reads it for the umpteenth time*

Nope... no fine print... Like I said.

*Scans over it again*

We've got "Protect Company Property" ... "Protect Company Employees" ... "Investigate and report all witnessed and illegal activity" ... No fine print though.

Could be someone's a bit paranoid... but then again, what do I know, I'm a 'brainwashed corporate drone' ... *rolls eyes*

So brainwashed, when I hear the slogan 'try your new gun on a Clan-Member' , I go out and buy a new gun... Oh wait, I'm a Martial Artist... I don't use guns. I guess that subliminal message must be broken.

So brainwashed, I accept anyone, Clan Member, Omni-Tek Employee or Neutral at face value, and find out their moral views before deciding if I would consider them friend or foe.

Though I am a bit hungry... maybe that Bronto Burger Slogan is brainwashing me too... "Brontooo Burrrgerrrr"

Division 9 RSGE

Well Dae, I guess it just depends on the circumstances revolving around your employment. Some of us signed slightly longer lasting and more indepth contracts than others. But its a small proportion of the Omni-Tek employement. The majority of Omni-Tek employees are not signed into enternal employment, which is what I gather Cemetary is alluding to. But even then, the contract fades to the background of your life when duty, honor, and service are respected and rewarded. I serve willingly and with pride, not because of the paper I signed.
    Vice President Cristin "Jypsie" Kaba
    Division 9 : Rational Science and Genotype Enforcement
    R.S.G.E Division 9

Webster is your friend.

You who consider yourselves actors and performers,
    if you play a compelling tune the people will dance.
    - Leetraider

Translated to remove political double talk: "Clanners are just too damn greedy to pay for civil programs."

Cemetarygate, you clanners have the credits. No one can argue that there is more notum mined by the clans than by the privatly owned Omni facilities. We sell our notum to OTRK export brokers just as you do. Take your transparent lies and propoganda, and peddle them elsewhere.
    Clan see no credits in return for the notum. Rather, the credits clans earn are immediatly exchanged for nano programs which are directly linked within the NCU. Commonly referred to as organizational advantages. Perhaps Omni-Tek employees see credits debited into their accounts, but as I said clan don't.

Nope... no fine print... Like I said.
    This shows you will deny that which does exists to further your own position.

Anyway, the line I'm referring to reads, "forfeiting signer's legal rights in perpetuity." Thus, considering you gave up your legal rights to, but not limited to, do, say and think as you wish, you are legally obligated to follow the company motifs, do what the company wants you to do, say what the company wants you to say and think what the company wants you to think.

I guess that subliminal message must be broken.
    Nonetheless, a subliminal message to which you just agreed they do exist.

I'm amused that you scoff the very compay you work for. Perhaps you should let Omni-Tek know their brainwashing techinques are broke as they do not pertain to those that don't use "guns."

Originally posted by Jypsie
    The majority of Omni-Tek employees are not signed into enternal employment, which is what I gather Cemetary is alluding to.

Every Omni-Tek contract reads "multiple-lifetime." Break the contract and you are branded criminal and labeled rebel (i.e. you turn clan).

You and Daetona look ignorant when you defend your positions. You scoff Omni-Tek when you speak of their policies. Instead of the continous state of ingornance you keep yourselfs in, and the mockery you make of Omni-Tek, why not take the time to learn about Omni-Tek before you open your mouths again.

Bliqz I think you failed to take something into account. Why would Omni Tek take over with a democratic government. A democratic government is run by the people. OmniTek would have nothing to do with it. So anything you said about OT having to absorb costs is just plain horse crap. The Clans fight for a freedom of the people, to bring a democratic government by the people; for the people. Not by OmniTek; For the people.

Your vision is flawed if you think Omni Tek will play a part in the democratic government. A corporation has no place being part of a government. However the people that are employed b7y the company may participate. The people would be independant, free from OmniTek's control, and to run their lives how they want. While still being employed by OmniTek, yet not controlled by OmniTek.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Originally posted by Fixerben
    Bliqz I think you failed to take something into account. Why would Omni Tek take over with a democratic government. A democratic government is run by the people. OmniTek would have nothing to do with it. So anything you said about OT having to absorb costs is just plain horse crap. The Clans fight for a freedom of the people, to bring a democratic government by the people; for the people. Not by OmniTek; For the people.

Your vision is flawed if you think Omni Tek will play a part in the democratic government. A corporation has no place being part of a government. However the people that are employed b7y the company may participate. The people would be independant, free from OmniTek's control, and to run their lives how they want. While still being employed by OmniTek, yet not controlled by OmniTek.
    Look at the brain on the clanner.

I am not a believer in democracy for Rubi-Ka. I was playing to the mind numbing pandering of clanner theorists. Doemcracy will never happen...I dont think even clanners would subject their young to medical testing...It was sarcasm. Fortunately Cemetarygates Communist utopia wont happen either.

Greed is god on Rubi-Ka. And she will tolerate no other.
    God is a bullet.

((HELL YEAH!!! Thats the OT I LOVE!!!!))

Bliqz, read the quote in my signature.

Quote who you like, and twist your own perception as you will. Find comfort in your contorted visions of what you see as the truth. I will let you have your world, until mine has become reality and you can no longer deny it.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

What hubris.

To quote a quote of yourself.

You may even actualy believe yourself. But no OT employee does, and a majority of the clans dont either.

Go back to yuor city of dirt and refuse.

Take a hard look arround.

Then get over your clanner pride. It has no foundation.
    God is a bullet.

Clan see no credits in return for the notum. Rather, the credits clans earn are immediatly exchanged for nano programs which are directly linked within the NCU. Commonly referred to as organizational advantages. Perhaps Omni-Tek employees see credits debited into their accounts, but as I said clan don't.
    How you decide to allocate your mining proffits is between you and your clan...That is unless you succeed in bringing your communist zion to Rubi-Ka...then that decision will be made for you.

Your new recruits have more resources available to them than Omni-Tek employees as well. So stop poor mouthing. Your propoganda is as foul as your stench.
    God is a bullet.

Every Omni-Tek contract reads "multiple-lifetime." Break the contract and you are branded criminal and labeled rebel (i.e. you turn clan).
    The only instance of the use of multiple-lifetime contracts was as part of the Pardon Agreement to give criminals a second chance in life. If there has been further use of it that you can show me solid evidence of (in-game history, in the novel, etc.) then I am incorrect. Otherwise, I'm not ignorant or dening anything. But you are still arrogant in either case
    Vice President Cristin "Jypsie" Kaba
    Division 9 : Rational Science and Genotype Enforcement
    R.S.G.E Division 9

Webster is your friend.

You who consider yourselves actors and performers,
    if you play a compelling tune the people will dance.
    - Leetraider

Again comes these talks of Democracy for Rubi-Ka... And these talks might have more weight, if Omni-Tek did not posses the Lease of the Planet.

So, by all means, continue talking, but think about what you're asking for... Something you have no right too. Not here, in any case...

Rubi-Ka is leased by the Omni-Tek Corporation. And in accordance with the ICC, has every legal right to conduct its normal electorial, and managerial process.

Division 9 RSGE

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast