Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The night of decision.

The night of decision.

Viray sat at the bar just behind the infamous sofa in the GSP Lounge... he gulped down another sake and sat staring at the Clan application that laid in front of him.

"I had always thought I'd get on one of those shuttles and head... Head where... Home? Haven't got one. This rock and the apartment here is all I got... Rubi-ka is home."

He glanced back and watched as in the brief moment of a GSP party Omni, Neutrals, and Clan dance together. They were all cheerful and happy, but what would happen when they all awoke the next morning? What would they do with those of the other side when they came upon them in the wilds of Rubi-ka? He turned around back to face the short Opifex bartender. He thought back to his time with Elite Operations, and fondly remember where he first started among the Neutrals... "The Wolf Brigade... man so long ago." and from there into Elite Academy where he learned much of Rubi-ka and of himself.

He thought back to how he ended up on this planet, an outsider from the beginning, his time spent mostly in hiding among the caves and wastes of Newland Desert until the planet was opened for colonization only then did he come out of those secluded caves to help build Newland City to make room for the growing numbers that flocked to the world of Rubi-ka.

He sipped more sake and picked up his datapen. "For Rubi-ka I fight those that were opressed." he began to fill out the form... "For those that make no stand for themselves I will fight..." coming to the last line he slowly begins placing his full name across the form... "For honor, glory, and freedom... I will fight."

The form began to glow as soon as his datapen left the paper, tiny nanos carrying the vital information of his decision vanished into gridspace to file the appropriate change instantly...

Somewhere deep within Omni-Tek HQs a system groaned to life to process some seemingly trivial piece of information, producing a Watch Warrant for a single individual, and a S.U.H. Order (Shoot Upon Hostility Order) to clear any Omni-Tek Employee from criminal charges upon the individuals death.

"It is done..." Viray picked up the sheet that had now harden into his token board and hung it around his neck. "My new weight to bare." He realized his life was changing and from this point on it would be completely different.

In a machine forgotten these days and buried deep within the Coucil hall flared briefly, to edit a single record increasing it by one. One more in the total fight for freedom of Rubi-ka.
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

Bliqz removes the "Viray yalm Cleaning Service" and "Viray's Taxi Service" cards from his Roladex.

((Clan?...CLAN?...))
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Nevver whistles a happy tune as she polishes her weapons and armor.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Not everyone can handle this life

congratulations on finding where you feel you belong

and the clans have now gotten more tarnished.
    "Did I tell you that you could speak?....then why are you still talking?."

Originally posted by Lexusstreak
    and the clans have now gotten more tarnished.
    Pfft~ We are talking about the clans here...You cant polish a turd.

((edited cus my spelling skilz are teh suck...Thanks Wolfen))
    Last edited by Bliqz; Apr 3rd, 2003 at 19:07:06.
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

((No fair Bliqz! My post makes no sense now. If it ever did, that is. ))

Good luck Viray, I hope you find what you're looking for. You've taken a decision that I've regretted many times and I hope your reason prove to be better than mine.
    Last edited by Wolfen; Apr 3rd, 2003 at 19:24:53.
    Wolfen.
    AKA Gridwolf. Fixer.
    AKA Beveridge. Engineer.
    AKA Razorstorm. Enforcer.
    AKA Blitzen, Trader.

AKA Stonehand. Martial Artist.
    AKA Nanohive, Nanotechnician.
    AKA Misericorde, Agent.

Originally posted by Bliqz

You cant polish a turd.

Sure ya can. Just have to freeze it first.

Good luck, Viray. I hope it works out for ya. I know you'll help to try to turn how people like me and your former org-mates feel about most Clans.

what a shame
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

((Wow. *speechless* Very nicely written!))
    Lauri
    Cookiemonger

The Original GSP Groupie

Vallikat adds another name to the muffin waiting list: Viray
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

((Very nicely written Viray ))

Shuldrich anticipates cutting another mark into the barrel of his Ithaca

Oh well, it's a real pity that we've lost a potential employee, but I suppose that it's just darwinism in action.

/me steps onto his new soap box

The Clans as a whole have become somewhat brutal, and even passe when it comes to taking a life. These will not be the people I associate with as far as my own views go.

However I do hope that with an extra person that can see what the Clans hope to truly accomplish from the beginning that we may be able to forge a voice, forge a governing body of leadership, and eventually renew the Tir Accord or possibly form a new agreement.

I frown upon the Council of Truth for abandoning the Clans when the voice of solidarity was most definitely needed, but I also suspect some foul play from members within the Council in efforts to reduce it's effectiveness, remove a Clan governing body, and reduce us to the term Terrorist in the eyes of most Omni-Tek employees. There are those amongst the council such as Henry Radimen that would not stoop to such lengths however there were enemies outside the Council that would have loved for nothing more than to see it fall... Such as the Sentinels, and even still Omni-Tek.

However in the absence of the Council we are going to have to stand up to have our voices heard and choose our representation, as the Sentinels now occupy Tir, the capital of the Clans they seemingly are our governing body...

/me pauses as the boos and shouts come rolling in against the Sentinels being Clan leaders

I know that you say you do not agree with this, and I know that many of you have fought them... I honor those that have so far, but we need more. We need to demonstrate that the Sentinels... those dictators don't run the Clans! That we the people, we the people that make up the Clans and that we choose our leaders!

/me pauses as shouts of doubt come from those that only see some nubi Clanner

I am by no means a veteran of the Clan people... I am new to the Clans and just as green to the Clans as any colonist that steps off one of the newly arriving shuttles. Yet I am not new to Rubi-ka and I am not new to the idea of freedom, justice, and liberty for all! I joined the Clans to pick up that sword and banner and carry it as far as it must be carried, to the Omni-Tek HQ if I must, but I fight for the beliefs that founded the first uprising of miners on Rubi-ka so long ago...

I have been Neutral in this conflict for longer than I probably should have... watched as those more courageous than I then fought and died in battle against oppression. My longest delay came from a conflict between my former Org. Elite Operations and a group of Clan Orgs. broke out. I experience first hand the tide of battle and the abuse of oppression. It left a bad taste in my mouth of the Clans... for a long time. However I did not let that stop me from getting to know Clanners, true Clanners. Those that stand up speak their minds and then too fight on the battlefield for that very belief. Those that don't see Neutrals as nothing more than the spectators they are... not merely another target.

I saw those too that are the anarchists and reckless members of the Clans that endanger peace, order, and even Rubi-ka's very exsistence with their will for greed and control of land not in the name of fighting oppression, but in the name of the mighty Credit, that bit of data that will apparently buy you anything and allow you to shoot at anyone.

These Clanners will come around, they will see that if it is profit they are after they will need to be the first step in building a new world on Rubi-ka, a free world... or simply fall under the heel of further oppression and debt to fed those that stood up to seize power.

/me takes a deep breath as he raises his fist

If we are going to fight Omni-Tek oppression and gain freedom for all, then we will have to stand up to those within our own ranks that seek not only to oppress the enemy but our own people...

I call for all those that have fought before to continue fighting don't show the Sentinels or any oppressors a moment of weakness...

FREEDOM FOR RUBI-KA!

/me steps off his new soap box, and drags it with him towards the Cup

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

((well written Viray ))

Viray well said, I agonised over my decision to join the clans for a while and know what you have gone through. Well done for having the courage to do what you want. There are those who will accuse you of selling your soul, but those people who truly respect you will support your decision.

Your motive for going clan is similar to mine. Each person who joins the true cause of the clans and not simply to acquire the wealth of Rubi-Ka is one more step in the right direction.

Well done Viray.
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Nevver writes a memo to Omni Admin:

I don't know who you have writing our rhetoric, but I suggest you find out who the Clans have because their garbage is sounding better than our own junk. Whatever they're doing, they've got some of the newer ones spewing out their "oppression" and "freedom" lines as if it were a mantra.

Nevver smirks then adds:

When will we be free to live our own lives within Omni-Tek without Clan oppressors trying to "save" us?

Janella McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Originally posted by Bionitrous

Sure ya can. Just have to freeze it first.
    Speaking from experience?

Originally posted by Nevver

I don't know who you have writing our rhetoric, but I suggest you find out who the Clans have because their garbage is sounding better than our own junk. Whatever they're doing, they've got some of the newer ones spewing out their "oppression" and "freedom" lines as if it were a mantra.

Nevver smirks then adds:

When will we be free to live our own lives within Omni-Tek without Clan oppressors trying to "save" us?

Janella McCallagher
    ((LOL))

Well spoken Viray
    Last edited by Braedon; Apr 3rd, 2003 at 21:28:22.
    The Deacon of Doom
    www.gridstream.org

Nevver smirks then adds:

Janella McCallagher
    (( LOL Always appreciate your unique spin Nevver, as I understand DA is about their bottom line... well if the Company holdings fold on Rubi-ka whatever shall you do? ))

Viray's Taxi Co.

- Savoy

(())

Rest assured (as if you wouldn't one way or the other) that Devil's Advocate has it's own interests outside of our regular jobs at Omni-Tek to solidify an early retirement for all of us at a luxury resort planet where Hit The Floor Jack flows like wine.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast