Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looting player's corpse's. This is going to suck.

Thumbs down Looting player's corpse's. This is going to suck.

For the love of God NO LOOTING! Ok, keep the token and all that crap but please don't make this a means of getting good equipment, I get ganked enough and I lose xp often please dont let them take my equipment too, please make this optional or remove it.

Thanks,
    Rockgod
    Soldiers are Fubar....I Demand a Pet!

Post fyi

The looting, if ya read it, will only be for what you had in inv since you last saved......not for anything else.....remember to use that terminal....and invest in a yalm....

Thumbs down

Like that is going to make it less irritating with griefers sitting and waiting for you to come out of missions.

If the game was such that we never need to hunt in political zones or take mission there, then it might just be acceptable, but that is not the case.

The adventurer reet morph will get a new use... "WHY DID U LOOT ME?!"

<g>

for me this is maybe going to make higher lvl fixers more desirable in teams. you're in mission you know that if you go outside your gonna get ganked and looted.... fixer evacs team to grid, no one dies, all xp saved, all loot saved, life is good, ganker sits and cries... they went in but didnt come out boohoo

The player loot is a bad idea, don't like it at all.
    Player loot was available in earlier versions of AO, and I remember people getting a lot of tells (more of spamming actually) when looted somebody after pvp'ing "give me back my stuff" and so on...

Intra: I would get a doc instead - they can both heal you *and* send you off to the grid

Funcom: Do not implent this crappy idea

Funcom: Make vehicles sellable now!!
    * July 9, 2001 :: + July 29, 2004

Originally posted by Angeleye

Intra: I would get a doc instead - they can both heal you *and* send you off to the grid
    /me cries

you are all spoiled brats

what fun is a game about a war without risk ?
    you choose to play it. deal with it.

what you whiners want is a game where you can become uber without risk. you only lose xp now when you die...

mmmkay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My doc grid nano takes 120 secs to cast.
    Our fixer takes 4 secs

I know who I prefer in an emergency

Absolutely true Schu, my point was geared towards leaving a mission area - not when in absolut danger. Fixers rocks otherwise

dJOEk: Whilst your statement is true, getting killed by another user that takes your hard earned loot (perhaps running a mission for a hard to get/rare crystal) is not my idea of fun, regardless of there's a conflict or not...

Missions in political zones will be a problem that needs to be solved somehow. Otherwise I don't have anything against the idea.
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

Talking heheh :)

Guys you already been able to loot corpse somewhat. If you ever hunted clanners in mort after the patch you will collect xp pinky and implants they got off borgs. Not much of a change and nothing really fear. I doubt you will be able loot no drops either or get tokens from killing people.

Re: you are all spoiled brats

Originally posted by dJOEk
    what fun is a game about a war without risk ?
    you choose to play it. deal with it.

what you whiners want is a game where you can become uber without risk. you only lose xp now when you die...
    Want to hear how to play a game without risk? Get a couple of players and stand outside an area where there are a lot of mission sites in a 25% zone. When a guy comes out of his mission, root him and kill him (he can't fight back if he is in a vehicle). Occassionally a guy will get away because of the 15 second PvP grace period, but most of that gets eaten up by the lag as his system loads the new playfield. Then take all the stuff that he just earned at high risk to himself.

THAT has been happening in the game since launch even when the only incentive that players had was that they would make you lose your XP. Now that they can get good stuff, how many more do you think will be camping mission sites and engaging in the very "war without risk" you condemn?

Scorus

I think it's a good idea!

If you're so terribly afraid of loosing some xp or equipment gained since last save, then stay away from the PvP zones. I don't think "camping" will be a big problem either, people who camp mission entrances will be hunted down themselves. I remember from the early days of UO where PKs used to camp dungeons and the "anti-PKs" would hunt them down. Now, that was fun.

To me it's thrilling to know that a team of clanners might jump me on my way back to 2ho and steal my new tank armor. And it makes my map upgrades (side) more useful when I'm in a team.
    Last edited by Banjosammy; Feb 18th, 2002 at 15:40:22.

Just put your loot in a backpack that you had before you saved then they cant loot anything at all, at least thats how it works as far as i know.

If you're so terribly afraid of loosing some xp
    Lol! Loosing a couple of million xp is *not* funny - regardless if you loose them in the mission or by pvp...

Edit: I don't mind loosing xp - remember when hunting Meds in DAV, it was all that one did...
    You gained some and you lost a lot sometimes...
    Last edited by Angeleye; Feb 18th, 2002 at 15:59:28.

LOL the whole premise of this thread is so silly. No one is going to camp outside a mission waiting to kill you. at level 100 do you know how long a large cave mission takes? It can take as much as 3 hours if you are soloing it. Who is going to sit around outside, starting at your hole for 30 min to 3 hours?

The only way they know what hole you are in is by following you to the cave or seeing you go in the cave.

And how do they know, after 1 hour, if you've been killed or terminated, or teleported out to avoid them?

I've done so many missions in political zones, not forced too, just like taking them there because it's exciting. IF you don't want to take missions in 25% gas you don't have too. From the maybe 100 or so I've done there I've been attacked 2 times, once by a player much higher than me, I went in the mission finnished it in about 2 hours and came out, no one was waiting. The other time 6 omni saw me go into a mission hole and camped outside. I played with them a bit working the zone of the mission, then went ahead and did the mission, took about 3 hours, a doc came about 1 hour along to help me finish it, then we TPed out. They were there when she came about 30 min into the mission, but I doubt they waited the full 3 hours.

OMG

yea looting is bad..... i guess they better make it so we can't loot mobs too huh..... OMG people WAR is HELL you lose stuff you gain stuff if your affraid then DON"T go to the 25% zones just keep yourselves in Newland ..... Get a yalm...... run REALLY fast.... take names and kick their but later. Just a few ideas on how to stop campers.... get there name ...... get a few freinds together... follow him.. and obliterate him

i have no time for this i need to get the darn patch and kill.... goodbye

Allow looting rights, but Funcom use your brain before breaking this game....

Looting anything you didn't saved...who cares in pvp? die, save and return to fight and lose nothing.... Bah, you are crap programmers funcom...

Otherwise you can allow to loot whatever the guy is carrying...as ql 200 armor (Invulnerability) and ql 200 Novaflow (Vanquishing)...but first you have to rearrange your crappy armor machines..so they are selling ql 125 armor of every part...

So if you want to PvP go buy ql 125 armor/weapons or be ready to lose/rock with your ql 200 armor/weapons...

My 2 pesetas...

Sure why not

I keep hearing risk risk risk, don't go into the pvp zone then, don't take the mission in the PVP zone. I'm cool with that but it is real easy to point the finger at people complaining about the change when you your self are not at risk. I am not against pvp, nothing better than getting a team togather to hunt down high levels ganking low levels.

So none of you pro change people would mind then if the rules were changed a bit to give a risk to the attacker? Since most campers are saved and have nothing to lose while they gank people that do, lets do this too. Lets say that the attacker loses a random amount of exp depending on level regaurdless of last save, and loses a couple of random items from his inventory regaurdless of last save.

Now that would be a fair implimintation. You want to attack in 25% zone and gank that team of low levels go for it, but don't get caught with your pants down cause if you lose you stand to lose something. The way it is now and with the upcoming change NO risk to people doing the attacking at all. Lets make this thing a two way street. Oh we might have to have the items that you drop include things that you are currently using/wearing too to avoid people just banking everything but ammo.

Ya now with those changes I'm all for it. Come and gank my team with your high level, we might lose our stuff and exp if you beat us, or we might catch you with your pants down and grab your stuff and exp. Sounds a lot better to me, much more fair. Now that is risk verses reward people, the way it is now no-risk is rewarded while risk is not rewarded and this is intensified with the upcoming change.

My 2 cents

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast