Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Notum Mining a Clan Goal?

Quote who you like, and twist your own perception as you will. Find comfort in your contorted visions of what you see as the truth. I will let you have your world, until mine has become real and you can no longer deny it.

((wow that sounded kool *adds that to his signature*))

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Allow me.

-Establish open and impartial elections to decide whom shall govern this, our beloved planet and home
    Fine and dandy...After OTRK has run its lease and vacated the planet. Until that time, your "democracy at the barrel of a gun" will remain what it truly is: Terrorism

-Prevent Omni-Tek from pocketing the entire income generated by Notum, Rubi-Ka's chief nautral resource, and instead divide it amongst the people, and use it to better our living conditions, create new industries and jobs
    Er...Wait a second, that not Democracy, thats Communism.

-Allow for a free and impartial press
    An impartial press...Nice theory. We have independant reporting agencies for each faction...how "impartial" they are remanis in doubt.

-Open all borders to permit anyone to travel anywhere
    Ah...no more 5% gas areas. How do you propose to do that?

-Give everyone the freedom to own whatever they want to own, to wear whatever they wish to wear, and speak their minds wihtout fear of reprisal
    This is in direct conflict with your communist manifesto above. Make up your mind which side of your face you want to talk out of.

-End slavery
    What slavery?
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Originally posted by Bliqz

-Prevent Omni-Tek from pocketing the entire income generated by Notum, Rubi-Ka's chief nautral resource, and instead divide it amongst the people, and use it to better our living conditions, create new industries and jobs
    Er...Wait a second, that not Democracy, thats Communism.
    No, Bliqz, it's not. It's called taxation. Rubi-Ka currently has NO political government, but rather a feudal overlord leeching the value of the common worker's labor into its own pockets. Actually, what's happening now isn't far from how Soviet Russia worked in the olden days, no matter how much they called it communism. The contemporary power USA used much of the same principle, but on a lesser scale and with far less oppression and there the huge corporations not the government were the leeches. The implication of the statement above is to shed the collar of Feudalism and don the wings of Democracy. THIS PLANET IS IN NO WAY WHATSOEVER RULED BY DEMOCRATIC FORCES AT PRESENT!

-Allow for a free and impartial press
    An impartial press...Nice theory. We have independant reporting agencies for each faction...how "impartial" they are remanis in doubt.
    Read that again. He said ALLOW for. Not force existing biased press to change.

-Open all borders to permit anyone to travel anywhere
    Ah...no more 5% gas areas. How do you propose to do that?
    Personally I'll settle for guards that do NOT shoot on sight.

-Give everyone the freedom to own whatever they want to own, to wear whatever they wish to wear, and speak their minds wihtout fear of reprisal
    This is in direct conflict with your communist manifesto above. Make up your mind which side of your face you want to talk out of.
    See my point above. I see no discrepancy. I will however reserve myself somewhat from the statement, as its VERY broad implication actually legalizes theft in its furthest extreme. If I want to own something, it will be my right to have that regardless wether I can afford it or not. Of course, if the fruits of my labor ever become fully my own property, I might be able to afford it after all.

-End slavery
    What slavery?
    Uhm, I might actually agree with you here. Mostly. Mass slavery on this planet largely ended with the Clan uprising. However, that some people are held and detained against their will by unlawful means by segments of OmniTek is beyond question. I refer you to Omegatalon's Story elsewhere on this forum.
    This is only my opinion of course, but I'm entitled to it.

BattleFalcon, Unit Commander of Desert Winds
    Bandasje, first ever neutral TL6 doctor, any server.

divide it amongst the people
    That is communism. Central government allocating resources as it sees fit.

It's called taxation
    How do make the leap from stealing to taxation? Dont you have to be a governing body to levy taxes? And what representation did OTRK have in determining these "taxes"? In its truest definition, it is "Extortion"

Personally I'll settle for guards that do NOT shoot on sight.
    Guards that dont shoot on sight? I suppose they will ask you nicely to please leave Rome, and you will instantly and unquestioningly comply?

If I want to own something, it will be my right to have that regardless wether I can afford it or not
    Where do I even begin to list all the things wrong weith this statement? Clan philosophy at its finest here folks. Children have a better grasp of economics than you do.

You work for what you want. Your effort pays off in rewards. Simply claiming that it is your right to have whatever you want is foolish in the extreem. Seems to me that you WANT slavery. Endless rows of chained workers making Yalms for you without being paid because you want one.
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Fixerben, get over yourself already.

Bliqz, I often find joy in the attempts of Omni-Tek employees to twist around what clans are fighting for. But your stuff is simply priceless. I actually laughed. I look forward to more of your mindless ramblings.

BattleFalcon, Omni-Tek's contract specifically states that the employee's mind, body and soul are property of Omni-Tek. As clan, we feel we are are own entities, property of no one and still seek to abolish that slavery.

Originally posted by Cemetarygate
    [Bliqz, I often find joy in the attempts of Omni-Tek employees to twist around what clans are fighting for. But your stuff is simply priceless. I actually laughed. I look forward to more of your mindless ramblings.
    Priceless indeed...Pearls before Swine.
    God is a bullet.

Post hum....

The one thing you need to understand is that the Clans battle is not with the everyday employee of Omni-Tek. Our battle is against the priniciple that is Omni-tek. The corporation that enslaved our ancestors and forced them to work in the notum mines under HORRIFIC conditions.

It has been known for a many centuries though that "I was just following orders" is NOT an excuse for genocide. Our ancestors knew this and we still follow that today. Just saying "I work for Omni-tek but have not quarl with you" is just a way to turn a blind eye to the evils they Omni-tek stands for. It is also a way to motivate weak people, who believe they are doing the right thing, into attacking the brave people that see the evils and choose to combat it, risking everything they have to free others and to show the truth behind the mask to those that have not seen it yet.

See the light and realize that the Clans are here to save you. All "employees" of Omni-tek must realize that we have nothing against you except your blindness to the truth.

Drsepsis
    President of Synergy Factor

"The problem with the world is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be the death penalty for it, but why don't we remove all the safety labels and let the problem work itself out?"

"The most populous thing in the world is hydrogen, followed closely by idiots."

Drsepsis, how long are you Clanners going to continue to wave that flag about your ancestors? As many times as Omni-Tek admits that it was wrong or apologizes for that tragedy, it's always used as the #1 excuse for Clan aggression and territorial expansion.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Re: hum....

Originally posted by Drsepsis
    The one thing you need to understand is that the Clans battle is not with the everyday employee of Omni-Tek. Our battle is against the priniciple that is Omni-tek. The corporation that enslaved our ancestors and forced them to work in the notum mines under HORRIFIC conditions.
    Years and generations ago, you had a rightful complaint. OTRK has changed hands and the mining has been deregulated.

You say this is a fight against principals, and not employees...Would you mind taking your boot off their neck, and your gun out of their mouth before you say that? Clanners destroy small business ventures every day, with the only possible goal being greed.

It has been known for a many centuries though that "I was just following orders" is NOT an excuse for genocide. Our ancestors knew this and we still follow that today. Just saying "I work for Omni-tek but have not quarl with you" is just a way to turn a blind eye to the evils they Omni-tek stands for. It is also a way to motivate weak people, who believe they are doing the right thing, into attacking the brave people that see the evils and choose to combat it, risking everything they have to free others and to show the truth behind the mask to those that have not seen it yet.
    So I guess all the dead Neuts in Tir were stricken down by disease?

See the light and realize that the Clans are here to save you. All "employees" of Omni-tek must realize that we have nothing against you except your blindness to the truth.
    As evidenced by the fact that the clans will gladly liberate you of the heavy burdens of Mining towers, land, and life.

Spare me your smoke and mirrors...You can use them to bend and break light, but truth is something you cannot assail.
    God is a bullet.

Originally posted by Nevver
    Drsepsis, how long are you Clanners going to continue to wave that flag about your ancestors? As many times as Omni-Tek admits that it was wrong or apologizes for that tragedy, it's always used as the #1 excuse for Clan aggression and territorial expansion.
    Bliqz thinks that perhaps Templus is rubbing off on Devil's Advocate...There may be hope for them yet.
    God is a bullet.

Nevver steals Bliqz's wallet and runs off to Miiir.

Or not.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Bliqz thinks of how funny it will be when Nevver stacks a pile of new clothes on the counter, opens the wallet, and all that is inside is cobwebs and dust
    Last edited by Bliqz; Apr 3rd, 2003 at 19:01:33.
    God is a bullet.

Nevver goes to pay for her clothes at Miiir and is disappointed and embarassed to find only one very old, unused "nanocondom" and no money in Bliqz's wallet.

((Uh oh! We're hijacking! ))

I might be a member of a guild of questionable employees, but that doesn't mean that we don't have Omni-Tek's interests in mind. Personally, I believe that Omni-Tek is right in this war, has legal claim to Rubi-Ka and has been more than generous to the Clans. I listen to Clan leaders talk about freedom and oppression, but from what? It's becoming harder and harder to believe their talk when Clans have their own cities to do with as they please while continuing to try to take over Omni territories.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Hey! That was my lucky nanocondom! I've had it for 17 years!

((agreed on the issue of clan versus omni in evilness...or evility...or whatever. I am hoping that the dynamic faction in the expansion goes live, it will make for more deliberated actions regarding tower fights))
    Last edited by Bliqz; Apr 3rd, 2003 at 19:13:52.
    God is a bullet.

Re: Re: hum....

Years and generations ago, you had a rightful complaint. OTRK has changed hands and the mining has been deregulated.

You say this is a fight against principals, and not employees...Would you mind taking your boot off their neck, and your gun out of their mouth before you say that? Clanners destroy small business ventures every day, with the only possible goal being greed.
    Someone once said that no sane man wants war but when pushed you have to push back. We did not start this "war". The Tir Accord was in place and Omni-Tek Decided to break it. Not the Clanners. I personally did not want this war but when it was obvious that Omni-Tek didn't feel they had to abide by the Truce that was hammered out it becomes necessary. The boot on your neck and the gun in your face was put there by your own actions. Don't chastize me because you can't handle that you are getting beaten by "A group of dirty thugs".

So I guess all the dead Neuts in Tir were stricken down by disease?
    for this i have to apoligize. I do not believe in the stance of the Sentinals about the neutrals and for their behavior i have to apoligize. I do however love the fact they keep the random Omni-tek employees from disturbing our day to day business.

As evidenced by the fact that the clans will gladly liberate you of the heavy burdens of Mining towers, land, and life. Spare me your smoke and mirrors...You can use them to bend and break light, but truth is something you cannot assail.

with your eyes closed and your backs turned you can not see the light. The smoke and mirrors you speak of are only there because of your own dependence on the will of others. The true freedom we fight for is the will to do what we please.

Drsepsis

(ooc: damn i love this stuff)

"The problem with the world is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be the death penalty for it, but why don't we remove all the safety labels and let the problem work itself out?"

Hey! That was my lucky nanocondom! I've had it for 17 years!
    As you can see it worked quite well. He never had to use it.

(( Couldn't resist. ))

Originally posted by Nevver
    Until the peace that our ancestors died for is here. This last war was started by Omni-tek as i have pointed out before. This was NOT our doing....but we will be the one to finish it. There is a difference between saying your sorry and being willing to work for peace and justice.

I accept your verbal apology but in the face of your actions the words ring hollow and empty.

Drsepsis

Re: Re: Re: hum....

Someone once said that no sane man wants war but when pushed you have to push back. We did not start this "war". The Tir Accord was in place and Omni-Tek Decided to break it. Not the Clanners. I personally did not want this war but when it was obvious that Omni-Tek didn't feel they had to abide by the Truce that was hammered out it becomes necessary. The boot on your neck and the gun in your face was put there by your own actions. Don't chastize me because you can't handle that you are getting beaten by "A group of dirty thugs".
    No. It was Simon Silverstone that overthrew the CoT, and shatterd the Tir accord by declaring open war on OTRK.

with your eyes closed and your backs turned you can not see the light. The smoke and mirrors you speak of are only there because of your own dependence on the will of others. The true freedom we fight for is the will to do what we please.
    You have that free will, as dictated by the ICC. You are free to live in your cities, and mine is approved areas...but thats not enough it seems. Omni mom-and-pop mining towers are destroyed every day by the clans.

(ooc: damn i love this stuff)
    ((Me too! ))
    God is a bullet.

Originally posted by Cemetarygate

As you can see it worked quite well. He never had to use it.

(( Couldn't resist. ))
    God is a bullet.

I can't help but wonder how much of this is sour grapes on the Omni loyalists part. Would they still be crying "terrorist" if Omni were successfully mining the notum fields in Tir?

Had Omni been a peaceful partner recently, I would not put this argument forward. But DrSepsis is correct; Clan didn't break the Tir Accord, Omni did. Now that the conflict is going badly for Omni, they begin to call us terrorists.

We do not mine notum to instill fear in Omni or its employees. We mine notum for our own survival and also because it's the fastest way to get Omni to leave. If Clans control all the notum, Omni will not be profitable here. If they are not profitable, they will leave. Sounds like a good scenario in which we can finally determine the native government of Rubi-Ka.
    BigGreen
    Advisor of Rising Phoenix
    www.risingphoenix.org

current setup

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast