Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Notum Mining a Clan Goal?

Get over myself.

Fixerben laughs his ass off, tumbling out of his chair in his apartment.

Ok, Now really. Cem, You know as well as I do that the Sentinels will be replaced. Someone will come and get rid of them. Hopefully someone more powerful, with close to the same intentions as myself. It has nothing to do with me. Its just how power shifts. You should know that.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

The reason that Omni-Tek declared the Tir Accord invalid (after initiating an amnesty program and setting up a diplomatic agreement that held despite clanners blowing up an appartment building in Omni-1 and the fact that the CoT was uncooperative in the handing over of two suspected terrorists to Omni-Pol) was because of the fact that the Tir Accord was an agreement between management and the CoT. When the CoT tanked the agreement was null and void as one of the signing parties had vanished. If the clans had a group such as the CoT to speak for them as a unified group perhaps OT-RK management would be inclined to resume talks. As of now, however, it seems to me like the clans lack any semblance of centralized leadership with the exeption of the Sentinels.

((I agree, this is some fun stuff. ))

Originally posted by Shuldrich
    The reason that Omni-Tek declared the Tir Accord invalid (after initiating an amnesty program and setting up a diplomatic agreement that held despite clanners blowing up an appartment building in Omni-1 and the fact that the CoT was uncooperative in the handing over of two suspected terrorists to Omni-Pol) was because of the fact that the Tir Accord was an agreement between management and the CoT. When the CoT tanked the agreement was null and void as one of the signing parties had vanished. If the clans had a group such as the CoT to speak for them as a unified group perhaps OT-RK management would be inclined to resume talks. As of now, however, it seems to me like the clans lack any semblance of centralized leadership with the exeption of the Sentinels.

That was Omni's choice to make. Omni could have chosen the other route, and left the accord in place. So, you excercise a lawyerly rationale to justify starting the conflict; fine, I have no basic problem with that. But lets be honest; the only reason Omni is inclined to resume talks is because things are not going well for you right now. Were positions reversed, I highly doubt Omni would want to do much talking!

You made your bed, in other words.
    Last edited by BigGreen; Apr 3rd, 2003 at 20:40:31.
    BigGreen
    Advisor of Rising Phoenix
    www.risingphoenix.org

current setup

Re: Re: Re: Re: hum....

Originally posted by Bliqz

No. It was Simon Silverstone that overthrew the CoT, and shatterd the Tir accord by declaring open war on OTRK.

I suggest you read your history because the CoT did not break because of Silverstone but because of the lies propogated by Omni-tek and by their attempt to arrest rightful members of our government only to have them killed by a group that is shown to be supported by Omni-tek. Silverstone only declared war on them after CoT disappeared and Omni-tek annulled the Tir Accord.
    President of Synergy Factor

"The problem with the world is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be the death penalty for it, but why don't we remove all the safety labels and let the problem work itself out?"

"The most populous thing in the world is hydrogen, followed closely by idiots."

Originally posted by Shuldrich

How much time was it between the CoT disappearing and Omni-Tek annulling the Tir Accord.

Zero. nada. zip. (you get the hint)

Everyone knows that governments don't appear out of no where. When you don't give someone anytime before destroying peace you should not expect them to have a government overnight.

If you would have just sat in your cities behind your guards and blind loyalty everything would have been fine.

Reap the whirlwind gentlemen.

Drsepsis
    President of Synergy Factor

"The problem with the world is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be the death penalty for it, but why don't we remove all the safety labels and let the problem work itself out?"

"The most populous thing in the world is hydrogen, followed closely by idiots."

While I cannot speak for management I can say this:

Since the TA was an agreement between the CoT and OT-RK management it would in no way be in the best interestes of the corporation to uphold their end if the CoT was in no position to uphold theirs. There was no way that the TA could remain functional if the only side upholding their end of the agreement was OT-RK as there would be no responsiblity for breaches of the TA on the side of the clans. It, gentlemen, is simply bad business.

If the clans had a group such as the CoT to speak for them as a unified group perhaps OT-RK management would be inclined to resume talks.
    I would also like to state that I was only speculating that management may be interested in resuming peace talks in the event that there actually was a centralized authority, hence the inclusion of "perhaps" in my statement.

Re: Re: Re: Re: hum....

Originally posted by Bliqz
    No. It was Simon Silverstone that overthrew the CoT, and shatterd the Tir accord by declaring open war on OTRK.
    Bliqz would probably be Omni-Meds poster child for how well brainwashing works.

Fixerben, I have no doubt the Sentinels will ultimatly be replaced.

New Dawn would be ideal. At least they support all, if not the majority, of our goals. Although, they lack military might, or have yet to show any, which is bad.

Galahad has military backing, but his Knights seem unwilling to fight considering the majority of them hide in 100% suppression gas almost all the time. Also, they seem more interested in playing with the cyborgs than anything else. I won't even get into Galahad's mental capacity.

But, your position seems to be appointing yourself as leader or savior of the clans. Whatever. Just don't expect me to follow you.

Hahaha, I dont want to be the leader of the Clans. I want the Clans to govern themselves. Thats what a Democracy is. I just want to help form the democracy. No one else seems too interested in trying. I only want people to follow me as far as starting the government, after that it is up to the people where it goes.
    Last edited by Fixerben; Apr 3rd, 2003 at 22:42:55.

I would imagine that being the leader of those who started the democracy would put one in a rather popular position; a position that would bring many votes.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

And Nevver I would not let it be that biased. Do you remember in Earth history how George Washington didnt want to be President of the US? Well I feel the same way, except I would not cave in. I only want to give people a chance to govern themselves. Instead of having someone order them around.

(( I'm already a popular guy anyways ))

Then stop telling the clans we only have one goal and let them fight for the cause they hold the strongest ties in. Let the people decide for themselves and stop trying to lead them into your democracy.

You say that now, Ben, but power is a funny thing. Once a person gets a taste of it, it's difficult to give it up. Are you up for that challenge?
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Originally posted by Fixerben
    Quote who you like, and twist your own perception as you will. Find comfort in your contorted visions of what you see as the truth. I will let you have your world, until mine has become real and you can no longer deny it.

((wow that sounded kool *adds that to his signature*))

(( I'm already a popular guy anyways ))

Yes, and your own biggest fan it would seem. Sheesh!
    Garret "Necc" Scheer press officer of Desert Winds (MSAS)

Karma, the world's true equalizer.

Free Rubi-Ka!

(( lol I just meant that a lot of people like me. I dont piss people off, and I help as often as I can. I am a genuinely caring person, and most people dont have much bad to say about me, except that I'm a big flirt.

*waits for Lex to make some smart ass remark*))

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234