Thread: Reality vs Game

Reality vs Game

When this game was made, im sure people based some things on reality.

1. Would you rather be punched in the face or shot with a Glock? Result=MA's would never be the most powerful class. How do you make them viable? Think about range. In real life, if an attacker gets within 1 arms distance of you with his weapon he/she can easily be disarmed. Thats the fix!

Give MA's a disarm ability vs weapons. This returns weapon to user's inventory/backpack. Oops you overequipped it? Better have a backup that you can re-equip. This gives MA's more time.

For all melee types against casters: Make interupting Nano Formulas easier. This will force them to think about range.

2. A sniper should be able to kill you with one shot. But a moving target is harder to hit.

Return all alpha strike capability to the game and make moving targets harder to hit. Now thats more realisitic.

3. In war 2 people dont stand 10 feet apart with m-16s shooting at each other for 5 minutes.

Return damage to full. Make evades more viable. This would simulate someone jumping out of the way or diving for cover. And someone just might miss their alphastrike...oh know!

4. Just make nano resist viable. Sometimes the NT will blast you to kingdom come and you die. Sometimes you get lucky and resist.

These are just some suggestions. Im sure in every instance you can think of how one character can beat another with these implemented.

PVP should should should be based on who got the drop on ya. If you let yer guard down and stand in the open, a sniper should kill you. It should also depend on range. Sure that desert eagle .50 caliber pistol hits hard, but its only good out to 40 yds(real life). Yes I would rather have an m60 in my hand when you have a pistol. Now if yer 1000 yds out, ill drop the 60 and grab a rifle.

Lastly: wars werent fought one on one. Get an army together and go kill that way.

And this whole dueling is just crap. Hey I wanna kill you! Are you ready? Ok lets fight! In war if you see the enemy and his back is to you, shoot him in the back! I guess you all nicknamed this stuff ganking. Why? Cause you ran through enemy territory expecting to be safe? War is won with suprise, speed, skill, willpower, and to a lesser extent technology.

Why don't u go play some other game, this aint RL it's a game.
    Ohhhhh, i also think u have to be pretty new to the game?
    Because all of us that have been with this game from day 1 have been where u wan't to take us again.

Btw, this is no flame, but it's a game :-)

Flamers

Ok Fryli what ya posted is nothing useful. Its just some immature flaming stuff.

I thought this is where people talked about pvp in a mature way. Reality is, this is the hangout for pimple faced, no hair on their balls, been molested by their father, whining, never been laid, loser teenagers who are 100 pounds overweight. There is that more like it? Is this how I should post?

I was just making observations and expressing my opinions. Im just sick of all the whining by each class everytime they get killed in pvp. Some classes are tanks, some are healers, some are nukers, some are support. Not all should be good at direct combat. There is no more diversity in this game. Everyone wants the same damn things. Same weapons, same armor, same skills.
    And everyone wants to be able to kill everyone else and never lose.

My only gripe about pvp is that its all about offense. There seems to be no viable defense. Give soldiers back their original shields(nope im not a soldier). Let NTs nuke ya down! (just let me be able to resist a few )

BTW Fryli, do you wanna bet several million credits to prove I wasn't here since day one?

Re: Flamers

Originally posted by Wolvereene
    Ok Fryli what ya posted is nothing useful. Its just some immature flaming stuff.

I thought this is where people talked about pvp in a mature way. Reality is, this is the hangout for pimple faced, no hair on their balls, been molested by their father, whining, never been laid, loser teenagers who are 100 pounds overweight. There is that more like it? Is this how I should post?

I was just making observations and expressing my opinions. Im just sick of all the whining by each class everytime they get killed in pvp. Some classes are tanks, some are healers, some are nukers, some are support. Not all should be good at direct combat. There is no more diversity in this game. Everyone wants the same damn things. Same weapons, same armor, same skills.
    And everyone wants to be able to kill everyone else and never lose.

My only gripe about pvp is that its all about offense. There seems to be no viable defense. Give soldiers back their original shields(nope im not a soldier). Let NTs nuke ya down! (just let me be able to resist a few )

BTW Fryli, do you wanna bet several million credits to prove I wasn't here since day one?
    Well from ur post it don't seems like u was here from day 1, want instakill back? Go play some other game pls if u don't want to have fights last longer then they used to before 50/40 cap.
    Yes and pls explain to me where the diveristy in this game with 1 shot kills are gona be? There will be absolutely no tactic into this att all then. What original soldier shield????? that one that killed u without even the soldier shooting at u? MK X is a pretty god shield, a soldier can kill lots of ppl and still get away before it drops.

Flame? no i just told u this aint rl it's a game, and if u did not like it there are other options. Don't know how u should post, but from ur post i had to ask if u was new to the game, because if the "rules" that u describe would be brought back, we would have 0.1 sec kills again so i tought u might not played by those rule. Btw where is the skill or tactic in that?

Sorry if i ofended u, but this game don't need more instakills, there still are instakills in this game 3 crits in a row and lots of ppl are dead. No fights needs to last long so there is time to bring more then "q" into a fight.

Read the post again

Why do people fail to read the entire post? Yes I said bring back insta kills. But thats not all I said. I focused on "DEFENSIVE" tactics. Again read the post over and over til you can see past the "insta kill".

Disarm for MA's=if MA gets drop on soldier, soldier has no weapon to insta kill.

EVADES should work better. Soooooo sometimes you dodge the alpha strikes.

Well im not gonna re-post all that sh-------tuff. Please look up!

1) instakills = BAD, dont care what you say or how you say it.

You obviously were not around when agents were standing on top of buildings instakilling people left and right.

A melee class has no NO NO NO NO NO defense against this, you cant hit back, cant get into a plane if attacked, can be rooted and bounce to death if you actually do get into your plane.

bad bad bad Idea.

Some of your other suggestions are interesting, but I would rather they work on WHAT THEY HAVE rather than ad 098702948752509427598742395720439825 bugs adding new content.

Make evades better? yes, actually crits should be reduced about 90% and then life would be better, crits ARE the game right now, that is lame, crits should be rare and right now everyone is COUNTING on them.

Make NR work? yes I agree, I WILL NOT put points into a skill that gives me a 1 in 10 chance of working if maxed and implanted. Especially when the person can just cast whatever AGAIN (esp root).

Disarm a good idea, but then overequipers will scream bloody murder and then see my first statments on new content.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Re: Reality vs Game

Originally posted by Wolvereene
    When this game was made, im sure people based some things on reality.

1. Would you rather be punched in the face or shot with a Glock? Result=MA's would never be the most powerful class. How do you make them viable? Think about range. In real life, if an attacker gets within 1 arms distance of you with his weapon he/she can easily be disarmed. Thats the fix!

Give MA's a disarm ability vs weapons. This returns weapon to user's inventory/backpack. Oops you overequipped it? Better have a backup that you can re-equip. This gives MA's more time.

For all melee types against casters: Make interupting Nano Formulas easier. This will force them to think about range.

2. A sniper should be able to kill you with one shot. But a moving target is harder to hit.

Return all alpha strike capability to the game and make moving targets harder to hit. Now thats more realisitic.

3. In war 2 people dont stand 10 feet apart with m-16s shooting at each other for 5 minutes.

Return damage to full. Make evades more viable. This would simulate someone jumping out of the way or diving for cover. And someone just might miss their alphastrike...oh know!

4. Just make nano resist viable. Sometimes the NT will blast you to kingdom come and you die. Sometimes you get lucky and resist.

These are just some suggestions. Im sure in every instance you can think of how one character can beat another with these implemented.

PVP should should should be based on who got the drop on ya. If you let yer guard down and stand in the open, a sniper should kill you. It should also depend on range. Sure that desert eagle .50 caliber pistol hits hard, but its only good out to 40 yds(real life). Yes I would rather have an m60 in my hand when you have a pistol. Now if yer 1000 yds out, ill drop the 60 and grab a rifle.

Lastly: wars werent fought one on one. Get an army together and go kill that way.

And this whole dueling is just crap. Hey I wanna kill you! Are you ready? Ok lets fight! In war if you see the enemy and his back is to you, shoot him in the back! I guess you all nicknamed this stuff ganking. Why? Cause you ran through enemy territory expecting to be safe? War is won with suprise, speed, skill, willpower, and to a lesser extent technology.
    AO being a scifi game I saw MAs as Ken in Fist of the North Star when I first started to play :
    perfect knowledge of vital areas to one hit kill people at high level. 1 powerful punch in the head and boom your head explodes, that's how it should be. Without forgetting the ability to grab or jump above bullets.

Masters of evasion and critical (vital area) strikes. Currently we are far from that.

Talking LOL Wolvereene

Reality is, this is the hangout for pimple faced, no hair on their balls, been molested by their father, whining, never been laid, loser teenagers who are 100 pounds overweight.
    Reading your reply from work and nearly wet my pants laughing

Some of us play since UO (that's back in '97 or so) and you just pointed at one of the main problems in "anonymous internet rpg's".

*dreams he was 17 again*