Thread: Now I'm worried...

Now I'm worried... about the nanobots we use every day on Rubi Ka....

What if these nanobots decide they're tired of being used and abused? What if they turn on us and start turning everything into grey goo?
    Last edited by Wabbitech; Apr 3rd, 2003 at 05:28:59.
    Former EQ Cleric lvl 26, no relation to Bugs Bunny
    90 337 $0|\/|3 l337: It's not just for dinner anymore

Perhaps we only think we're using and abusing them, but really, they're just using us in their grand scheme to.... I don't know.... turn everything into grey goo?

What if WE are actualy nanobots! Used by a race of super gigantamus people to battle eachother!

Or worse!

What if Omni-Tek is nothing more than a cleanser program, used to tidy the sink of the clanner shaving goo?
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Originally posted by Bliqz

What if Omni-Tek is nothing more than a cleanser program, used to tidy the sink of the clanner shaving goo?
    Would that make neutrals the water?
    Dyrge curls up in the fetal position and begins to drool.
    Wilfred "Dyrge" Belote
    Upstanding Atlantean Omni-Tek Employee
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing for money.

Knit
    Upstanding Atlantean Omni-Tek Employee
    Stims are nice and all. But one day your head will get blown off and you will think to yourself "Sonaofa....Why the hell didn't I bring a doc along."

OR WORSE!

What if...it's all like the Matrix...and we're all in a PRISON FOR OUR MINDS!!!!!!111one

Missmaul runs through the streets screaming 'AAGHH! THERE IS NO SPOON! AAGHHH!!!'
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

This is NOT the matrix. You are all fine, go about your lives.

*Plugs a hose into the back of his head and the other into Missmaul's containment chamber and uses her like a battery.*

Ahhh...that's the good stuff.
    Alex Neboja Graveheart

Assault Corps, cpl of Omni-Pol

------------------------------------------------

Angelus IceKing Anasazi

"I'm an Enforcer, my motto is simple. Hit, stick, bust d***...and talk ****, and what? Talk ****, and what? Talk ****!"

Originally posted by Bliqz
    What if WE are actualy nanobots! Used by a race of super gigantamus people to battle eachother!
    Cool
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Re: Now I'm worried...

Originally posted by Wabbitech
    What if these nanobots decide they're tired of being used and abused?
    I suppose they'll start a union, sing protest songs and march in the streets of Omni-1, Tir, and Borialis demanding better working hours, better pay, medical and dental coverage.

Naw. Since they're already inside our bodies, they'll just start processing us into raw material for building more nanobots. I believe this possibility was discussed long ago, during the early twenty-first century on Earth.
    Former EQ Cleric lvl 26, no relation to Bugs Bunny
    90 337 $0|\/|3 l337: It's not just for dinner anymore

Re: Now I'm worried... about the nanobots we use every day on Rubi Ka....

Originally posted by Wabbitech
    What if these nanobots... turn on us...
    ooc-

Ever read the book 'Prey'?

Good book in my opinion, I'd recommend it to anybody who digs sci-fi.

Hell, I'd recommend all the Michael Crichton books to anybody who likes sci-fi
    Proud member of Chimera.

Chimera - long live the fighters.

Re: Re: Now I'm worried...

Originally posted by Shuldrich

I suppose they'll start a union, sing protest songs and march in the streets of Omni-1, Tir, and Borialis demanding better working hours, better pay, medical and dental coverage.
    Somehow, I doubt it. If I were an all powerful nanobot horde, I'd jsut kill all the humans
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

*shudders* What if they just take control of all the inorganic implants in our bodies, and make us into slaves of our own bodies, unable to resist the own mechinizations of our bodies.

We'd be like those poor souls that the Medusa infect.
    Just because I have a metalic jaw, doesn't mean I've ever been in a 007 movie.