Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tir was freedom...

Tir was freedom...

One day I was standing in Tir. As I looked over the water, and it turned purple things were running through my head.

I saw the beauty of the city. Its splendor inspired me. You would not see such a thing in a huge Omni city. The gentle waters, turned colors by the setting of a Blue Dwarf Sun. Almost a year ago this was. My eyes tasted the sweet sight of things hidden by huge walls, and towering high rises in Omni-1. My mind knew freedom, and it was Tir.

Looking over the city now, its not the same. The people are less colorful, just as the city is. It saddens me to see life gone from the Capitol of our people. It saddens me to see the empty halls of the Council building. Tir is no longer a place for freedom. How can it be free, when those who long the most for freedom can not walk its streets.

Time goes by so slowly, yet time can do so much...

A tear forms in Fixerben's eye as he slowly walks away from the place that he longed to be...had found...and now has lost.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Cristin strode across the Stret Bridge back towards Omni-HQ. She tapped her comm and let her Division know that she was retiring for the night. Her soldiers began letting her know thier well-wishes, and something caught her eye. She tapped her comm off and leaned on the rail along the river-walkway.

She saw the sunset against the Stret River and memories flooded back. Before the war and the constant bloodshed. Before the Clans fell apart and became wild. On thier wedding day, they walked across this bridge together. He knew how she always loved to watch the sunset on the river. She watched the sunset one more time, and felt her missing husband's hand around her again. Then the sun sank below the horizon and the darkness settled in. She shook her head and continued her walk down the long road to her apartment.
    Last edited by Jypsie; Apr 2nd, 2003 at 10:38:08.
    Vice President Cristin "Jypsie" Kaba
    Division 9 : Rational Science and Genotype Enforcement
    R.S.G.E Division 9

Webster is your friend.

You who consider yourselves actors and performers,
    if you play a compelling tune the people will dance.
    - Leetraider

Beautiful images and touching words from both sides of the world.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

LESS COLOR???

THIS IS WHY YOU NEED TO VOTE

TEH DEACON

FOR PRESIDENT OF TIR!!!! IM READY WILLING AND ABLE TO PAINT THE TOWN WHITE!
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

((lol Jypsie, I am talking about the city itself. Not the things surrounding it. I suppose you covertly posted that to prove me wrong. But you will have to show me something 'inside' an Omni city that compares ))

Tir is no longer free. And it isn't likely to be again as long as the principles of freedom are beat down and trampled by invaders like the Sentinels who come to Tir as despots.

Tir was free when I was born. I remember Omni, Clan and Neutrals alike traveling freely over Rubika.

Sure there were criminals on all sides that caused problems.

But then instead of dealing with the Clan, Omni and Neutral criminals we decided to exclude all Omni...the first blow against freedom.

Then we sat and watched while Tir was invaded...YES, invaded...by the Sentinels who call all Neutrals their enemies. And yet more freedom evaporated in Tir.

Why shouldn't we fight invaders? We fight Omni...why not Sentinels? Both seek to limit or eliminate our freedom. If you kill Omni then you have no room to talk about those of us that kill Sentinels.

You can't claim to be for freedom yet also only apply to yourself. Freedom is for all the people of Rubika. We either set the example or we wallow in mire of despotism along with Omni.

We the Clans have very little now to distinguish ourselves from the Omni we fight. Why is our brand of despotism any better than theirs?

Here here. I agree with you as always Nel.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I'm not a native of Rubi-ka, I was born offworld, and came here seeking a worthy cause to ply my (admittedly limited) skills as a warrior to. I thought I'd found it in the Clans. The fight for freedom from an oppressive overbearing corporate rule seemed like the perfect goal to set my sights on.

Then came the Sentinels. At first I wasn't too worried, after all they barred entry to Omni-Tek employees which just seemed like common sense, considering that any one of them could be some kind of spy or saboteur, and limiting such activities seemed like a good idea. Then I started seeing the Sentinels policies towards neutrals put into play, and read the articles about Fisk's psychotic ravings.

I have since avoided Tir whenever possible, only entering the city when absolutely necessary and leaving as quickly as possible. The fascist, despotic,overbearing, murderous venom being spewed by the Sentinels has begun to infect the heart of what was once a noble endeavor. I came here to fight for justice and freedom. I once had only one real enemy in my sights, Omni-Tek. I now have another, more insidious enemy to face.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. And I will be ever vigilant of this growing threat to the freedom of all Rubi-ka.
    -Uvell, Clan soldier of the Rollerrats guild

"There is no problem that cannot be solved through the application of sufficient firepower."

"To defeat a hundred foes in a hundred battles is not the epitome of skill. To defeat your opponent without ever having fought him, that is the epitome of skill."
    -Sun Tzu

Originally posted by Fixerben
    ((lol Jypsie, I am talking about the city itself. Not the things surrounding it. I suppose you covertly posted that to prove me wrong. But you will have to show me something 'inside' an Omni city that compares ))
    OOC

What? You act like I would go and try to secretly post something in your thread? Like all I do is print Omni-Tek propaganda or something? That I would in some way subvertly put out information about Omni-Tek's superior city structure, clean water, sanitary apartment living in grandoise Highrise structures built using the latest technological methods and safety procedures? About how one can have a pool party with friends and neightbors on the deck of thier highrise and sip drinks while overlooking a breath-taking view of the Stret River and colorful lighting of Omni-1 after dark?

{MODERATOR: Cleaned up whitespace}

Oops.

{Jyp: Moderator cleaning of white space removed the impact of post. Apologies.}
    Last edited by Jypsie; Apr 6th, 2003 at 12:01:30.
    Vice President Cristin "Jypsie" Kaba
    Division 9 : Rational Science and Genotype Enforcement
    R.S.G.E Division 9

Webster is your friend.

You who consider yourselves actors and performers,
    if you play a compelling tune the people will dance.
    - Leetraider

ooc:

HAHAHAHA!!!

((OOC: Posting as my neutral agent, Defunct))

Eh... Rome has city wide speakers. Omni-Tek is not my friend, regardless of how many times I am told while I am in the city.

Tir? Crowded and unorganized. Too many guards, too many ears.

I will stick with my home, Borealis City. I love the dull and gray concrete. It matches my mood constantly.

((OOC: THEDECON FOR PRESIDENT!))
    Joseph "Votary" Zodiac - RK1 Clan Atrox MP
    I can summon pies (now mochams infused!)

"Holy Mocham!" - Votary

oh that's right Ben, the sentinels are murderous invaders, but hey, I guess it was alright when you killed Peter Lee, Ris Lee and other "neutrals" in EFP...guess you don't consider that wrong as long as you get something from killing the neutrals. Hypocrite
    "Did I tell you that you could speak?....then why are you still talking?."

Hehe...SHOT DOWN!

My ancestors came from a part of Old Earth called Charleston, South Carolina. Unlike the other metropolis in Sol Prime at that time, Charleston was a beautiful historic city, a place where one of the oldest historic societies in human history was founded. People there celebrated their heritage. However confusing it may have been to navigate in their primitive modes of transport, the city was small and pleasing to the eye. Yet somehow, it was a world famous city.

Unlike citizens of a ancient hyper-power called Paris the Charlestonians would first see their beautiful city destroyed before they abandoned their freedom. Long live beautiful cities and brave hearts and French barbeque(d)!

That said, my sojourns through Omni-Tek major cities are sad. I expected to see sparkling clean modern cities. Instead, save for the artificial and inorganic Rome, there is trash and slums with an eery fog obscuring all vision for kilometers.

Maybe I could learn to love Omni-Tek that much more if their cities were not so scarred and artificial.

Just so you know! I KILL ANYTHING I WATNN FRO FUN MAN! Heeh00 HA!

jeez... :_)

hehe

Originally posted by Lexusstreak
    oh that's right Ben, the sentinels are murderous invaders, but hey, I guess it was alright when you killed Peter Lee, Ris Lee and other "neutrals" in EFP...guess you don't consider that wrong as long as you get something from killing the neutrals. Hypocrite
    Lex, Any unique mob raid is a purely OOC event. Stop trying to turn uber loot camping into a reason to b1tch at me.

Lex, Any unique mob raid is a purely OOC event. Stop trying to turn uber loot camping into a reason to b1tch at me.
    OOC:
    Hate to break it to you but your wrong look at Shadowlands for example if all your actions will affect your character. Sometimes actions tells more then words.
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

ooc~

He's an Atrox, but he's got a point... =) Thankfully, this might stop the people who for some reason think it's fun or cool to blast the ICC Guards outside NLC... or anywhere else for that matter. Personally, I'm sick of gridding into Rome to find Omni People killing the guards... it's just lame IMHO. But, I digress, and don't wish to turn an IC Post into an OOC discussion... however, this has prompted me to post something I've been saving for a while here, so thanks... =)

Look for " Out of Hypocrasy " on these boards.

~Dae
    *Cuts to the cold static of an ended Grid-feed...*

Division 9 RSGE

Originally posted by Marlamin

OOC:
    Hate to break it to you but your wrong look at Shadowlands for example if all your actions will affect your character. Sometimes actions tells more then words.
    ooc:
    Am I playing Shadowlands? No. When I am on Rubi-Ka will my actions affect my Shadowlands character in any way? No. Your actions in the Shadowlands affect your character, not your actions on Rubi-Ka. So unique mod raids are a 100% OOC event. On some occasions I consider a unique raid as Roleplaying. Tonight my guild took Tara for the first time. And I have a nice little RP story for it. Other that that any unique mob raid is totally OOC. I can also think of other prominent RP'ers I have seen at these raids. Though I will not mention names. They are OOC events, and I take no offense to seeing other RP'ers at them.

ooc:
    Am I playing Shadowlands? No. When I am on Rubi-Ka will my actions affect my Shadowlands character in any way? No. Your actions in the Shadowlands affect your character, not your actions on Rubi-Ka. So unique mod raids are a 100% OOC event. On some occasions I consider a unique raid as Roleplaying. Tonight my guild took Tara for the first time. And I have a nice little RP story for it. Other that that any unique mob raid is totally OOC. I can also think of other prominent RP'ers I have seen at these raids. Though I will not mention names. They are OOC events, and I take no offense to seeing other RP'ers at them.
    OOC:
    Perhapse your missing the RPG in MMORPG. Now I agree this is not very well implanted in Anarchy Online as it is now Shadowlands however is a step towards it. For example I will take a scene out of Baldurs Gate 2 (An RPG) where you had a choice to either kill a White Silver Dragon for Phat lewt or assist it in destroying a Demon and protecting its eggs and hoard (Wich gave some lewt if you choose so or none) either actions you choose would affect your Characters Reputation wich affected everything from Shop prices to being KOS by Guards.

I personally belive (and hope) Shadowlands is a step towards creating this more dynamic world... AO once had it but the GM's/ARK stopped doing PvP events etc due to people complaining losing Uber lewt and PvP titles (Typical).

Anyways my rant is done.
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

Originally posted by Marlamin

OOC:
    Perhapse your missing the RPG in MMORPG. Now I agree this is not very well implanted in Anarchy Online as it is now Shadowlands however is a step towards it. For example I will take a scene out of Baldurs Gate 2 (An RPG) where you had a choice to either kill a White Silver Dragon for Phat lewt or assist it in destroying a Demon and protecting its eggs and hoard (Wich gave some lewt if you choose so or none) either actions you choose would affect your Characters Reputation wich affected everything from Shop prices to being KOS by Guards.

I personally belive (and hope) Shadowlands is a step towards creating this more dynamic world... AO once had it but the GM's/ARK stopped doing PvP events etc due to people complaining losing Uber lewt and PvP titles (Typical).

Anyways my rant is done.
    OOC- You and me are both on the same page with regard to this. We're probably setting ourselves up for a letdown. Let's hope not.

IC -
    What's that 'Good/Bad' slider for on the mission terminal for anyway? In either case they make you kill other human beings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast