Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Who are the real thugs?

Yes Silverstone is alienating potential allies by keeping them out of Tir this is true.

However, as far as I can recall it have allways been an important issue for the neutrals to be treated as induviduals and not as one faction.

So when a number of clans don't want to alienate neutrals, but rather see them joining us, why should that prevent from taking sides with those among us who seeks a peaceful solution?

As it stands now clan Sentinels have controll of Tir and keep a strickt rule, and sadly it is the only rulership we have.
    If a number of clans got together and formed a governing body whit or without the Sentinels, preferably with if they can be softened a bit. We would stand much stronger than we are today, and we could start working towards the goal which we all seek, a free Rubi-Ka for all.
    All the ducks are swimming in the water

Savoy, this has nothing to do with the ICC having done anything harmful to clans.

Tir is the clan capital city that was not under clan control. The ICC doesn't understand what our city means to us, thus certainly doesn't deserve to stand guard. The Sentinels took back what belongs to clan, and offered clan protection inside a clan city.

Just think in terms of Omni. Would you appreciate ICC guards in Omni-HQ allowing clan to roam about freely?

Originally posted by Bliqz

Treating ones principles and ideals as a selective option is not a concept I am familiar with.
    I believe that came under the heading of 'the lesser of two evils'. The Clans didn't want to merely exchange one corporation's rule for another, especially as that corporation only got into that position through alliances with others. Fighting SBC and probably TS at some point after OT had been vanquished probably looked worse than prolonging the fight against OT.
    Wolfen.
    AKA Gridwolf. Fixer.
    AKA Beveridge. Engineer.
    AKA Razorstorm. Enforcer.
    AKA Blitzen, Trader.

AKA Stonehand. Martial Artist.
    AKA Nanohive, Nanotechnician.
    AKA Misericorde, Agent.

Originally posted by Cemetarygate
    Savoy,Just think in terms of Omni. Would you appreciate ICC guards in Omni-HQ allowing clan to roam about freely?
    What makes you think that would bother me at all? I'd love you to come to our towns, see for yourself that we, Omni citizens are just regular people, and not just targets to be shot at for sport.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Originally posted by Savoy
    What makes you think that would bother me at all? I'd love you to come to our towns, see for yourself that we, Omni citizens are just regular people, and not just targets to be shot at for sport.

Savoy
    I have been to your towns. But, the brainwashing sounds over the loud speakers make it hard to concentrate. Plus, hearing, "kill a clan today, be happy tomorrow," "remember to use your new gun on a clan member," and "Omni will expand, clans will vanish," make it hard for me to see Omni employees as regular people, but rather brainwashed people.

I have been to your towns. But, the brainwashing sounds over the loud speakers make it hard to concentrate. Plus, hearing, "kill a clan today, be happy tomorrow," "remember to use your new gun on a clan member," and "Omni will expand, clans will vanish," make it hard for me to see Omni employees as regular people, but rather brainwashed people.
    You asked me how I would feel if clanners freely roamed Omni towns, implying I should somehow find it offensive in the same you you seem to find the presence of Omni citizens in Tir offensive. I replied I'd welcome clanners in our towns. So much for OT brainwashing, ehi?

You asked me how I would feel if clanners freely roamed Omni towns, implying I should somehow find it offensive in the same you you seem to find the presence of Omni citizens in Tir offensive. I replied I'd welcome clanners in our towns. So much for OT brainwashing, ehi?
    I asked if you would appreciate the situation, a simple yes or no question, not how you would feel or even implied how you should feel.

Also, I realize you would welcome use clan to your towns so you could "use your new gun on a clan member." The brainwashing is working just fine I see. Perhaps you can stand next to Bliqz in Omni-Meds poster children ad for brainwashing.

Has silverstone actually contributed anything towards the clans other than covering the walls of the Council of Truth's headquarters with the former members blood?

Simple fact is, they murdered the Council of Truth and hide this fact through bullying people from investigating towards it. If Silverstone supports the clans ideals, why does he stand on the roof of the free trade, DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING all day? He's a lazy pile of filth, and if he was actually about freeing the clans from omni oppression he'd be out there doing something for the clans, not creating the dust Brigaide and plotting secretly for his own goals to rule all of Rubi-ka.

Oh I'm sorry, has no one realized yet that the people that were bombing both Omni and Clan territory was lead by Silverstone? Sorry for confusing you.

*rambles blithly about something random*
    Just because I have a metalic jaw, doesn't mean I've ever been in a 007 movie.

Also, I realize you would welcome use clan to your towns so you could "use your new gun on a clan member."
    Hehe, say that again, but this time with a straight face, I dare you :-)

I tend to think that OTRK current policy is too soft on the clan issue...Savoy is much more liberal.

There are much bigger weapons I would use on the clans if I could...But it tends to spoil the meat.
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Hehe, say that again, but this time with a straight face, I dare you :-)
    (( That went over my head there. Not sure you if you poking fun at my grammer or not. Should have read "us clan" or simply just "clan." ))

(( That went over my head there. Not sure you if you poking fun at my grammer or not. Should have read "us clan" or simply just "clan." ))
    (( No, no, not poking fun at you grammar. I'd never do that. What I meant to say was something on the lines of... ))

It's plain silly to suggest I'd welcome clanners in Ent only so I could shoot them at my leisure. Just how paranoid can you get?

(( No, no, not poking fun at you grammar. I'd never do that. What I meant to say was something on the lines of... ))

It's plain silly to suggest I'd welcome clanners in Ent only so I could shoot them at my leisure. Just how paranoid can you get?
    (( Ahh, ok. Just that when I read it back to myself it didn't sound how I intended it to come out. ))

If you were that deadset on freedom, you wouldn't need neutrals to take bullets for you, the fact is that you are all such cowards that you figure some neutral will drop their way of life and fight for you. Fight your own battles...but wait, you can't,,instead of looking at your own pathetic shortcomings, you blame the first thing that crosses your path for your OWN problems, namely the sentinels. You do so because they have had the composure to remain silent towards your little childish outbursts and protests, you see them as easy prey, something to rally people up for your OWN benefits. You sit and you call silverstone a dictator, and you sit and say that you speak for the clans and the clans say they want the sentinels gone...well..I see a lot of people more powerful than any of you who I guess think differently cause they proudly bear the spectacular armors the sentinels have crafted.

You say the "majority" of the clans want a democracy, you shade the lines with that lie when in fact the majority of the clans don't really give a damn, they are fine as is, sentinels and all and would rather go about their daily lives. They shoot a few neutrals, so what, omni shoot us, we shoot omnis and I know for a fact more than a few neutrals have spilled blood from both sides. These things happen in war, innocence is a relative and vague term, because no one is innocent, all have blood on their hands, such is what war is..the only argument I hear against the sentinels is that they slaughter neutrals...then these so called moderates are all over them saying that the neutrals are potential allies. Doesn't that defeat the entire point of being neutral? the moment they ally with the clans, they are no longer neutral anyway and are marked as enemies of Omni Tek, why would they go through the trouble of declaring themselves neutral, just to be flagged as enemies? they are fence riders and always will be, I got nothing against them, but fence riders should stay where they belong, they know the risks of walking into Tir. You can argue this point into the ground, but fact is, the sentinels are in tir and most likely always will be, save some of that energy and praise them like you should.
    "Did I tell you that you could speak?....then why are you still talking?."

dead goat flesh is spectacular armor? Wow.... thats truely bad fashion sense. Organic looks better than that crap.

OOC: You do realize the reason the sentinels just stand around is that they are NPC's right? Most likely Silverstone, lore wise, did have the Council of Truth murdered(they're not in hiding, they had their reclaim machines destroyed most likely, or were killed with those ritual knives(khriss?)), and is also the creator of the dust brigaide. Its sort of silly to think in RP terms that the sentinels are peaceful and just sitting around, when their attitude in the lore speaks otherwise. Either RP around them being madmax escapes from the thunderdome badguy wise, or as the big scarey protector. Its silly to think that they are well dressed nancy boys.
    Just because I have a metalic jaw, doesn't mean I've ever been in a 007 movie.

Originally posted by Lexusstreak
    You say the "majority" of the clans want a democracy, you shade the lines with that lie when in fact the majority of the clans don't really give a damn, they are fine as is, sentinels and all and would rather go about their daily lives. They shoot a few neutrals, so what, omni shoot us, we shoot omnis and I know for a fact more than a few neutrals have spilled blood from both sides. These things happen in war, innocence is a relative and vague term, because no one is innocent, all have blood on their hands, such is what war is..the only argument I hear against the sentinels is that they slaughter neutrals...then these so called moderates are all over them saying that the neutrals are potential allies.
    Lexus, have you ever done a statistical sampling? Its an old earth process of polling a few people as a representation of a whole group. So by people making claims of "majority", its true. Based on a statistical sampling, which has an accuracy of almost 100%.

You also mention something about "facts" that you have that a majority don't give a damn. Well since you have these "facts" I'm sure it would be quite easy for you to produce them. So please show us your facts.

By the Sentinels shooting neutrals, they are drawing them into the conflict. Your justification is because Omni shoots us, and neutrals have done it to both sides? So in your estimation, TWO WRONGS MAKE A RIGHT??

In a war thats as close as it is, its foolish to target Neutrals and alienate them. We NEED the neutrals. We need them to choose CLAN, when they finally get off the fence.

Originally posted by Tifanyx
    Lexus, have you ever done a statistical sampling? Its an old earth process of polling a few people as a representation of a whole group. So by people making claims of "majority", its true. Based on a statistical sampling, which has an accuracy of almost 100%.
    Mind providing the process you used to obtain your sample? I would be curious as to your methods.
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Originally posted by Bliqz

Mind providing the process you used to obtain your sample? I would be curious as to your methods.
    A lot of forum reading. However, I was speaking for others and their claims of "majority". Based on the forums that people post in, its clear to me that a "majority" of clanners hate the Sentinels.

-Tifanyx

oh sure, I can give you a sampling right now, just go outside tir fair trade and ask a few of them, then go to the west athens banking and reclaim terminals and ask them, most clans there could give less than a damn about your democracy, they will surely outnumber the self serving moderates who only want their name in the grid feeds. I come to these pages and all I see are the moderates with their faces plastered everywhere, going me me me I I I I, we we we, us us us. they just love to hear their own voices, and they love it even more when the ignorant masses agree with them. Even if neutrals were allowed to roam tir freely, you would find something else wrong with whoever else that is guarding tir, you'd start saying they are wearing the wrong type of boots, so they are encroaching on your freedoms. All of it serves the purpose of giving your greedy behinds the power you want to wield over your fellowman. If you wanted true freedom, then you wouldn't have a government at all, you'd leave everyone up to their own devices and stop thinking you can speak for everyone.

but you and I know how messy that would get, so you want to put a choker on the people, but call it democracy, cause let's face it, the word is very tasty and palatable. it is only that, words, I simply propse the truth, if you want order, and you want peace,there is only one way to get it, elect a leader who doesn't hide their true policies behind kind words and long boring speeches.
    Last edited by Lexusstreak; Apr 4th, 2003 at 20:47:23.
    "Did I tell you that you could speak?....then why are you still talking?."

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast