Thread: OOC: Recruit Me.

OOC: Recruit Me.

DISCLAIMER: Forgive me for droning on for pages and pages and being generally incoherent and asinine. I am posting from work at a boring job at which I work a 12 hour day at the end of every month.

I am a returning player, lured back by the free month. I will in all likelihood be resubscribing, at least for a while.

I consider myself a very casual player. I am terrible at focusing on a single character and enjoy whimsically flipping back and forth between all eight slots.

I also consider myself to be a medium to hard core RPer. I don't mind amassing huge amounts of power and loot, but my first priority is to stay 'in character'. My system for chat: anything that the general public can hear (normal speech and shouts) is always in character, sometimes annoyingly so (e.g. "Excuse me. Did you say 'lfg'? Are you choking? Should I call a doctor?"). /tells and group speech are generally OOC in order to get things done in game.

These boring technicalities aside, here are the characters I have that are unaffiliated at present:

Ingrid: Clan Engineer. Everyone loves Ingrid, because Ingrid loves everyone. She is always friendly, always enthusiastic, always trusting. Above all, she is sincere. She is an interesting experiment for me since I grew up with a very high level of sarcasm and contempt training. Ingrid originally came to Rubi-Ka to work for the ill-fated Rubi-Ka Broadcasting Corporation of the early days of AO. I am looking for an org for her that will allow me to RP someone very kind, generous, helpful, and giving, without actually forcing me to commit a huge amount of RL time and energy to working for the welfare of the guild. As I said, I'm a casual player.

Lucky: Omni Atrox Adventurer. Lucky is the reincarnation of my nasty Troll Shaman from EQ. In the complex moral environment of Rubi-Ka, Lucky is unquestioningly and unshakably devoted to the cause of Evil. He signed up for a stint on Rubi-Ka in the hopes of being able to find a healthy channel for his violent tendencies. Far from being a mindless monster, Lucky is well read (in EQ, he was one of the few trolls around who actually spoke fluent Common) and enjoys defending his reprehensible philosophies through intellectual discussion. I would love to find an organization for him devoted to torture, destruction, and the ultimate genocide of the Clans (preferably run by players who have a sense of humor and aren't actual psychos in real life). Lucky is tough for me to play well - no wonder he's only level 6 - but when I get into the groove he can be very entertaining.

Shiela: Neutral Solitus Soldier. A tough, resourceful mercenary looking out for Number One. Whenever I am stumped as to how to have Shiela react to a given situation, I ask myself how Conan would handle it. Actually her ideal org would probably be one of the powerlevelling ones, but it can't hurt to throw her name out here. Despite my brief description here, she is a deep character who has followed me across several games.

Twong: Neutral Trader. An extremely goofy and deeply worthless social character. I often wonder if other players are going to report me for his poorly concealed sexual innuendo. Ladies, if you don't want to be hit on, stay away from this character. If, however, you would love an RP opportunity to tell off a sleazebag, this is your chance. Tony would probably join any org that has a lot of women in it, but don't count on him to actually contribute anything, ever.

Babs: Clan Doctor. A character that still needs more development. So far I have her painted in pretty broad strokes as a big, fat party animal. Most RP clan orgs I'm aware of seem to be very dedicated to saving the planet, furthering the cause of freedom, etc. I can't see Babs joining a group that takes itself that seriously. Any clan org that advertises itself as drinking a lot of beer will likely appeal to her.

Elroy: Omni Martial Artist. Elroy's story is fairly complicated (he is an old, old character of mine from the days when the most complicated computer RPG known to man was Phantasie II). Long story short, he signed up for Omni on a dare because he couldn't believe that any company could be as oppressive as Omni actually is. Now that he's stuck, there are a lot of directions he can go. Defecting straight across to the Clans is one avenue, but I'm also interested in looking into an Omni org in favor of massive restructuring, perhaps a secret revolutionary society or something of that nature.

If any of these characters sounds like someone that would be entertaining to bring into your RP organization, please reply here or on my message board at http://www.bfd-tfc.com/cgi-bin/zombr...board=MMORPGs, and/or send the appropriate character a tell in game.

Thanks for your time and attention.
    Zombra

Half an hour to go. What a day.

Hmmm

I know of a few places you may wish to start:-

Perhaps Whisper's Edge might fit Ingrid. Or go Omnitek and join the wonderful world of RUR (Rubika Universal Robots)!

Don't know about Lucky (omni-pol?) but I know some of my stable of characters need a nemesis if you are interested.

You may wish to check out Elite Operations for Sheila -but don't quote me on this, all I know is they set make themselves out to be a Mercenary outfit, so that might fit Sheila's mercenary nature.

Twong -not sure, I'd need to know some more info here. Breed, etc. In any case, I have a neutral trader who is always in the need for competion, or a partner in crime...

And for Elroy, I hear that the Neo Luddite Movement might be seeking to infiltrate Omni-held territory some time soon (contact Wurly or Worly for more details if you are into industrial sabotage)

(OOC)

Just to rienforce what Good ol Crow said, for the following guilds: People you can contact...

Rubi-Ka Universal Robotics:- Dabblez, Limona, Crattyjack, Benjecrat

Neo Luddite Movement:- Worly, Wurly, Fatozzie.

Feel free to ask us for a meet up if you wish to discuss more about what they are about etc.

(/OOC)