Thread: Omni-Tek Grid Bandwith Managers pull plug on Acambot.

Omni-Tek Grid Bandwith Managers pull plug on Acambot.

This just in, from a spokesman for the Acambot Broadcast.

From Skymarshal:

I would like to send a big thanks to everyone that has helped out over the last few months.

In recent events there has been some controversy over camelot things, and that has increased the bandwith that Acambot is using. Omni-Admin has picked up on this and asked me to terminate the connection.

I was given a grace period to let everyone be informed of this, and inso that is why acambot is currently active in a crippled state.

I regret to inform that I will no longer be allowed by Omni-Admin to preform this service.

Good Luck and enjoy.

(hehe)

Translation:

Im sick of the crap related to running a camelot bot. If everyone wants to get along some day, I will consider putting it back up. That will not be in the near future.

If somone wants to run a new camelot bot for omni, GL you have no idea what your getting into.

~Sky
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

What a shame. Camelot was some of the most fun I've had.

Now it's just going to be another case of "Who's in the Uber Guild."

Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

please dont get this thread deleted.

Thanks sky
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1

Do politics exist? Yes.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

This is a sad day, not only for Omni, but for 99% of the pepole on Rubi-Ka.

Now we will have the few "uber guilds" owning every single strip of good notum land, every single spawn point every single unique mob on the planet, now including Tara...

so, the option that is left for the rest of us is
    1. Join a uberguild
    2. accept that there is no way for the rest of us to get any of the good equipment, no matter how many hours we play.
    3. blitz like crazy so we can buy those items that are not nodrop, and make the uberguilds even richer.
    4. play Pac-Man, this option seems to become more and more fun compared to the rest.
    RETIRED:Cassondra "Hotsy" Magistrale, Proud General of OPEC
    And a gazillion other chars

Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch
    Bureaucrats, Broken as intended
    Chilled:The crat community.. bitter but entirely supportive, kind of like coffee.
    P.S. i didn't proof read this, or check for spelling, I wouldn't want to Nerf my post by actually Fixing the problems.

This post is fucntioning "As Intended" that means i don't have to fix any problems with it. (Snipped from pooncrat).

2 Things from me

1. Im sorry for putting this in the RP forums, I didnt know where to put it, and it affected alot of people.

2. I won't get bogged down with discusion anymore with "so and so this, so and so that"

Its nice, I have spent the last 9 months dealing with everyone elses problems, as well as my own on a daily basis.

Running a good bot, that is not only fair, but secure, is hard. I tried my best to keep things in line, but everyone is not perfect. Things could of stuck together, if everyone would of been civil about it. All too often people let thier animal instincts get the best of them, so be it, but no longer is it my concern.

Now I don't have to worry about acambot, my guilds politics, and running 32049823 raids every week. Maybe now i will get to sleep more than 5-6 hours a night.

(And no im not lying, I sleep at most 7 hours at least 4 hours on an average night. Then i goto class, then i hang out with friends, and somehow managed to mix ao in there.)

Good luck to everyone. Don't think of me as being bitter, I'm not, I just do not have the nervs left to deal with it. I play AO to have fun, and Acambot was no longer fun. It honestly felt like I lost a major part of my AO existence when I took it down.

All 1295 lines of code now reside quietly in archive on my server.

/bow

/wave
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1

Do politics exist? Yes.

I removed some replies, as they we're not following the IC style of the original post here. Please keep it on topic for the forum.

Edit: Got some time on my hands, and decided to move some "on topic" ones back. Was in a bit of a hurry this morning. Please keep this from being a discussion thread on bots and tara loot, as that's not for the RP forum.
    Last edited by Cz; Apr 1st, 2003 at 13:18:14.

OOC

*me looks at the date*

right...

no joke.

and thanks Cz for not deleting the whole thing.
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1

Do politics exist? Yes.

Good job, Sky.

/salute
    Vice President Cristin "Jypsie" Kaba
    Division 9 : Rational Science and Genotype Enforcement
    R.S.G.E Division 9

Webster is your friend.

You who consider yourselves actors and performers,
    if you play a compelling tune the people will dance.
    - Leetraider

"Good job, Sky.

/salute"

Definately.
    /salute

And now Camelot is FFA. I'll miss that bot!
    Last edited by Garv; Apr 3rd, 2003 at 02:47:36.
    Garv - 199 Soldier and never will be 200! =p Equipment setup

Good, maybe the next step will be getting you monkies out of camelot completely, I am tired of seeing omnis and well as clans piling into that beautiful castle to raid it of it's riches.. (also a little ooc question, why the hell is there a dragon in camelot anyway and people wearing knight style medival armor, that's not very IC is it CZ? LOL) perhaps the clans as well as omni can now focus on something that makes a little more sense,t he actual rubi-kan conflict..come back out into the light, and out of the darkness of those dank passageways, and those cramped mission areas, there is a whole world out there, live in it for a change. ALL Hail the sentinels!
    "Did I tell you that you could speak?....then why are you still talking?."

Originally posted by Garv
    And now Camelot is FFA. I'll miss that bot!

not to say you are here, but a lot of free loaders and market lottery rollers will too

hooray for FFA =)
    Lisa "Fistofpaper" Bliss
    200 Killpet Legend, RK1

Natasha "Nursedaou" Evile
    Chief of Stuffed Sturgeons and Healer of Hajk, RK1

Jynne - ... it doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty. Just drink the ****in' water. =p
    Dovve - If you are a poet, when you read the words on this paper, you will see a cloud

Originally posted by Garv
    I'll miss that bot!
    I miss it alrdy. Fairest way to distrubute Loot for the Omni-Side, and funny conversations / flame wars sometimes.

OOC:

Originally posted by Lexusstreak
    ...also a little ooc question, why the hell is there a dragon in camelot anyway and people wearing knight style medival armor, that's not very IC is it CZ? LOL...
    Well, if you had taken time to check some of the story line, you would know why people go in "medival armor". But then, what does the looks of an armor have to do with it? Look at the Sentinel armor. The looks of the armor is a personal choice, and very IC if you look into the background of those makeing/using it

As for a dragon, why not, whit the tech available on Rubi-Ka, it's fully possible to create something like that. Just cost a LOT of credits, but then, Sir Galahad have never been lacking those. Just look at his castles.

Just my two credits.

*Deletes Acambot from his HUD with a frown*

Well, if it saves the sanity of one of Omni's best and brightest, it's for the best...
    *Cuts to the cold static of an ended Grid-feed...*

Division 9 RSGE