Thread: guards - murder

guards - murder

Tell me why nothing is done to stop these stupid players killing guards
    and innocent people in the streets. I appreciate the articles posted by
    other players on the official site (on the main page), but it does not
    change the frustation you live when you see a murder and cannot do something
    to stop it.
    I read in the "not envisionned anymore" that FC had abandonned the idea
    of a kind of police.
    But why not allowing some players (kind of ARKs ?), as it was in the only
    other MMORPG I played (the 4th coming), to have some control on this.
    They may not feel gas suppression, or just playing guards (some will enjoy
    that I think), and will have the power to stop this (and also to be killed
    if they are not powerful enough...).
    To do this, FC must trust his players, but it works in other game(s).
    So why not in AO ?
    I'm now thinking to what I read somewhere else, that players will be allowed
    to participate to some official groups. Actually it's the same idea.
    Stercoral.

Circle G Inc. - Your safety is our business.
    http://nattguiden.no/circle-g/

easy fix?

just an idea,

imagine you are an omni citizen in omni1,
    and suddenly some level 150+ clanners
    whompa in and start fighting with gaurds . .

right now you can do nothing to help defend them / the city
    while the invaders yell about how much you suck.

I would like to see the /assist command be used here.

if you are in a 75% zone, and you see one of your gaurds
    fighting someone, target the gaurd and type /assist,
    and you automaticaly begin fighting the gaurds target.

simple?
    cant figure out any exploit for it either..
    since the gaurds are picking the targets.

heh chill, guards are guards, they dont give xp or anything just fun to kill =). i loved killing guards in beta(still do hehe) and a friend and i actually took NATAS down!!! w00t! for those of you who werent in beta, NATAS was a Clan guard at north of newland save at the outpost in the same zone as mmd near oasis(the save is now removed cause that little spot is 25%). he was the highest lvl guard in game in beta =). the other one's name i cant remember too well, i think it was steve or something which was much lower lvl and easier to kill. NATAS was bad ass though, took us like 10 min at lvl 100 some with alot of running around =D.

What gets me are players who kill guards and npcs who are their own faction. Another game the name of which I won't mention gives players a faction hit if they pull this stuff. (that is to say, kill your own faction long enough and your own guards start attacking you)

I think this should be done in AO as well.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

I propose to give a title of "assassin" next to the name of the player who killed guards (of his side) or citizen.
    Like PvP title.
    Actually this is rather stupid but it's something.
    Stercoral.

Assasin, not that wont fit.

TRAITOR would fit more.
    Minister Randal Moscadelli
    Callsign: Kryos
    Office closed down, for an unknown time

Talking No, thank you...

Originally posted by Stercoral
    I propose to give a title of "assassin" next to the name of the player who killed guards (of his side) or citizen.
    Like PvP title.
    Actually this is rather stupid but it's something.
    ...'cause that's the title agents get at lvl 100 (for some unknown reason )

Murderer or criminal methinks would be more appropriate

Like the above ideas, tho'.
    Especially the faction hit. Kinda like the ad&d alignment change. Might even create a 4th faction, outcasts. To be treated as NPCs. Potential targets for everyone, even for neuts to initiate combat on.

And DaH, guards may be guards, but this is an RPG... that's the main reason why I disapprove, Action should incur consequenses. Killing civillians should be outlawed, killing guards of your own faction should be branded treason, and acted upon.

In the early days, with the guard killing exploit heavily used, my wish was for FC to put a price on the perps head. Make him/her walk around in a constant 0% zone for a couple weeks or lock him up somewhere for a similar amount of time.
    Sure it would suck to be ganked on every corner, or being unable to do anything but stare at four walls, a roof and a floor for a week or two. But if you committ murder, you should face the consequenses, if you commit treason likewise. Life shouldn't be sage and easy for those choosing to go against the law.
    Hell... a country at war executes its traitors. That's permadeath, if you catch my drift. A more lenient punishment might be prolonged rez effect... say... two hours?

/me prays for the implementation of a penal system, with warnings, fines and time behind bars

"Well mister... that's a 50k credits deduction from your bank account. Guess you won't park that Yalmaha as close to the mission booth next time. And by the way... no need for you to make any transfers... it's allready been taken care of. Have a good day!"
    Buford Hitokage Matt

Explorer 73% | Socializer 66% | Achiever 33% | Killer 26%
    -

Don't fear the night...
    fear the ones hiding in it.
    -

"Jesus is coming - Look busy"
    -

"Im not Uber. Im your common joe. Im level 178 and untitled. I never had a title and I never really cared whether I got one. All I really wanted was to have fun, learn new stuff and put my creativity to some use." - PhiliosPhreak

Yeah there was an onslaught of omni guards by omnis outside the BB in ent on saturday I belive, mostly people from TBA (Sinister Anarchists) but also some free agents having 'fun'.

It sucked. From an RP perspective it's absolutely catastrophic. They should make it so if you attack a guard you yourself become attackable by other players (your name turns red) for 20 minutes, and zoning is disabled, so you have to die to make it pass, or survive 20 minutes of everyone and their uncle aggroing you.

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

YES YES YES these ideas are interesting, FC !!!

What Hitokage proposed is really interesting. Is it so hard to implement ?
    Stercoral.

Originally posted by Kryos
    Assasin, not that wont fit.

TRAITOR would fit more.
    Yes, i dont mind if people dont want to roleplay and just want to kill kill kill all day, but FC should make an effort to prevent the hack and slash blam blam murder death kill people from ruining the game for the rest of us.

killing omni guards is fun? coming from an omni-tek employee!

if you want to be a traitor, go kill guards as a filthy clanner!
    or be a neutral ... figure out where your loyalties lie and STICK WITH IT.

*i suggest you read my entry about traitors in the "role-playing" part of the forum, you might find my idea interresting.
    www.fixergrid.com - Luciana's Fixer Guide

Ok, I give up. F1x3Rz R |337!!!!
    Luciana - Level 141 Fixer
    Lohr - Level 50 Enforcer

"<Dai-Galean> Lohr you will get used to SilkeX he is a perminant part of the irc like a bad piece of code hehehe" - From irc.funcom.com #anarchyonline

I myself don't approve of guard killing in general; as an MP, I usually set my healpet on the guard in a vain gesture.
    It irritates me to no end when Omni come all the way to NL City to attack our Neutral guards. Even worse, the Clanners, whose midst we are in, supposedly the Rebels fighting for freedom, come over during the lunch-break and kill some neutral guards. Lovely. Can't condone it or rationalize it in RP sense no matter how much they smirk at my protests...

That said, *occasionally* there is a RP "reason" for Guard-killing.
    A clan guard went nuts at Rhino Cockpit about a month ago, and started attacking neutrals, who of course at lvl 20 didn't stand a chance. I don't know if somebody dragged the guards from the bridge to the save point or whatever, but it wasn't pleasant to the neutrals. So our guild organized an expedition (well that's what we called it, OOC it was about 5 people who happened to be on the channel, trying to help a trapped friend. The team did a retailatory surgical strike on the said guard, and y'know what? Those guards haven't attacked neutrals for quite a little while afterwards.
    'course, OOC, that's just the glitchy guard being eliminated; but we like to think we taught them a little lesson.

So if somebody thinks that ALL guard-killings ALL the time are Sin against nature, I humbly disagree; though I dislike random killing of guards in general, I think we played that particular instance about right, RP wise. Guards are an element of Rubi-ka, and there are situations where they get involved. If they attack my neutral friend for no reason, I think that's one good instance .