Thread: PROPOSAL: Three new NT nano lines. What do you think?

Question PROPOSAL: Three new NT nano lines. What do you think?

(Note: xxxxxx designates the bit of the proggie's name which shows "level")

Garzu's xxxxxxx Compressor

Tired of constantly running out of standing NCU space, Brett "Garzu" Shorts took the code from the Crunchcom nano compressors and modified it to affect the programs resident in his NCU. The end result was an increase in the available NCU space.

General notes:
    Duration: 30 minutes
    Profession must be NT to upload or cast...sorry, execute.

Basic: Requires: 15 NCU, 150 Nano, 250 Mat Met, 250 PsyMod
    Effects: +27 NCU

Standard: Requires 20 NCU, 200 Nano, 300 Mat Met, 300 PsyMod
    Effects: +44 NCU

Advanced: Requires 30 NCU, 300 Nano, 500 Mat Met, 500 PsyMod
    Effects: +66 NCU

Superior: Requires 40 NCU, 450 Nano, 600 Mat Met, 600 PsyMod
    Effects: +88 NCU

Refined: Requires 50 NCU, 600 Nano, 750 Mat Met, 750 Psy Mod
    Effects: +114 NCU

Izgimmer's Cuncher: Mehar Izgimmer, in his usual fashion, built on (some would say stole, but never to his face) Garzu's work, further improving the Refined Compressor.

Requires: 64 NCU, 700 Nano, 800 Mat Met, 800 PsyMod
    Effects: +140 NCU

As for number two, I'm afraid I had a bit of an ego trip...

Avarael's xxxxxxx Overcharger

A purist Nanotech, Garret "Avarael" Kuiper worked for some time on boosting the damage output from his nanoprograms. Eventually, after several rather spectacular lab accidents, the results bore fruit in the Overcharger line of coding.

General notes
    Duration: 30 minutes
    Must be Nanotech to upload or execute.

Basic: Requires 10 NCU, 275 Mat Met, 275 Mat Crea, 75 Nano
    Effect: Boosts Nano damage by 5%, nano cost by 2%

Average: Requires 15 NCU, 350 Mat Met, 350 Mat Crea, 140 Nano
    Effect: Boosts Nano damage by 10%, nano cost by 5%

Advanced: Requires 20 NCU, 425 Mat Met, 425 Mat Crea, 200 Nano
    Effect: Boosts Nano damage by 15%, Nano cost by 7%

Superior: Requires 25 NCU, 550 Mat Met, 550 Mat Crea, 250 Nano pool
    Effect: Boosts Nano damage by 20%, Nano cost by 10%

Tweaked: Requires 30 NCU, 650 Mat Met, 650 Mat Crea, 300 Nano pool
    Effect: boosts Nano damage by 25%, Nano cost by 12%

Izgimmer's Overload: Upon recieving a copy of Izgimmer's "reworking" of his code, Kuiper was heard to sigh: "Well, at least he thought it was good enough to be worth ripping off."

Requires: 35 NCU, 750 Mat Met, 750 Mat Crea, 450 Nano pool
    Effect: Boosts Nano damage by 30%, nano cost by 15%.

Notes: Overcharge will be of most use to NTs, but MPs will also benefit from it. If it could be coded so that it boosted healing as well, then Docs, Advs and MAs will have a use for it as well (although the Docs would blow through their nanopool even faster than usual)

The credit for the next one goes to Draeko:

Gunnandahalf's xxxxxxxx Nano Controller Throttle

Simple : Requires 7 NCU, 50 Time+Space, 50 Mat Crea
    Effects : Nano formula recharge time reduced 5%

Effective: Requires 15 NCU, 150 T+S, 150 MC
    Effects: Nano recharge reduced 8%

Standard: Requires 25 NCU, 300 T+S, 300 MC
    Effects: Nano recharge reduced 12%

Advanced: Requires 40 NCU, 500 T+s, 300 MC
    Effects: Nano recharge reduced 16%

Accelerated: Requires 50 NCU, 800 T+S, 800 MC
    Effects: Nano recharge reduced 20%

Izgimmer's Nano Controller Multiplexor:

Requires 60 NCU, 850 T+S, 850 MC
    Effects: Nano formula recharge time reduced 25%

So....comments, please?

Re: PROPOSAL: Three new NT nano lines. What do you think?

Originally posted by Avarael
    (So....comments, please?

The NCU thing needs to not allow casting when a lower level version is active or require/give alot more NCU's or it makes twinking even more of a problem since you could just overwrite it with the next version till you have the top one on the soon to be ubertwink.

Re: Re: PROPOSAL: Three new NT nano lines. What do you think?

Originally posted by Tetra
    The NCU thing needs to not allow casting when a lower level version is active or require/give alot more NCU's or it makes twinking even more of a problem since you could just overwrite it with the next version till you have the top one on the soon to be ubertwink.
    Make it Self Only or Make it Virtual meaning the NCU req for the NCU buff must be met in hardware NCU, not virtual NCU. That way you can't overstack the NCUs... ever.

But an NCU buff is much overpowered. NTs would become the next Twinked professions even if it costs us too much to pump weapon skills.

Re: Re: Re: PROPOSAL: Three new NT nano lines. What do you think?

Originally posted by Lucid Flow

Make it Self Only or Make it Virtual meaning the NCU req for the NCU buff must be met in hardware NCU, not virtual NCU. That way you can't overstack the NCUs... ever.

But an NCU buff is much overpowered. NTs would become the next Twinked professions even if it costs us too much to pump weapon skills.

Either of those works as an MP I've almost always been starved for NCU's just to hold my own buffs though, almost everything someone casts on me I wind up clicking off for the NCU's heh. Things have gotten alot better between masteries and soon to be infuses but even with my 6x deck I just got I'm going to be pushing it with infuses till i can get better NCU chips (215NCU right now)

At least for me an NCU buff would be a pretty big bump in favor of picking an NT for the 6th slot in a group over some other class in certain circumstances.

I agree that we need some way to prevent bootstrapping in that fashion. Making it "Virtual", to use Lucid Flow's phrase, is one way, but making it self-only is probably easier to code. Not to mention it's been done before and is, I hope, quite easy to do.

As for twinking....

The only place that the scenario you've outlined is a serious problem is in the lower level game - especially with wrangles, Riot control and other such high level buffs that would normally be unusable thanks to a lack of NCU space.

However, making the compressors self-only solves that problem completely. By the time you have the skills to use the compressors, your character's setup should include enough hardware NCUs to run those same buffs anyway.

So, make the Compressor self-only/Virtual. Should stop it being used to twink in that fashion.

EDIT: Just read Tetra's post. I know we can prevent lower level programs overwriting higher level one...is the reverse possible? That seems like the best all-around solution.

(PS, At least someone else out there is starved for NCU, even if that does sound a little too much like schadenfreude)
    Last edited by Avarael; Feb 15th, 2002 at 13:46:32.

At least someone else out there is starved for NCU, even if that does sound a little too much like schadenfreude
    lol sometimes I want to cry when I see the number of free NCU's some people have before they ask the group to fill em up with anything useful. Seriously though, once i can do infuses since pet's are timed for MP's and depending on the situation might get killed somewhat often there is Infuse(40ish ncu)+general TS/MC for attackpet, TS/BM for healpet, my nuke uses MC/PM, for a couple levels I'll need infuse+general PM/SI to be able to cast infuse TS/MC heh, you get the point

Exclamation Hold the press...

I just realised one issue I missed in the earlier post: Availability.

This can be shop-bought, mission drop, or mob drop, either as the disk or the crystal.

It does not seem like a good idea to make these as fantastically rare as Nullity (still haven't found that yet). That was, IMHO, just a teensy bit over the top.

My own inclination is to make thes available in a similar way to Enfraam's - as mission rewards, perhaps with the disk available as monster loot every so often.

Of course, you could make the lower ones shop-bought...

What do you think?

Why should an NT have an increase in NCUs when it's the MPs that need it most? or maybe I forgot that most NTs want everything?
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Why should a MP have MC buffs when it's the NTs that need it most? or maybe I forgot that most MPs want everything?

wait a second, they already got everything, nevermind

LOL Darksoul

I dont see how mps need it most, they already go the best nano-related buffs.

Lets see what uniwue buff do NTs have... that would be Hummer... and it aint that great.

Originally posted by Azzazzimon
    Why should an NT have an increase in NCUs when it's the MPs that need it most? or maybe I forgot that most NTs want everything?
    Prolly cause MP's would go bald if they had another buff that everyone and their dog sent a /tell to them with a request for before they even finish loading the zone

Originally posted by Tetra

Prolly cause MP's would go bald if they had another buff that everyone and their dog sent a /tell to them with a request for before they even finish loading the zone
    True Tetra...give it to NTs
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Originally posted by Azzazzimon

True Tetra...give it to NTs
    Yes, thanks, and it will be self only
    NT phone HOME!!

Actually, the theory was that MPs would buff nano casters by allowing the use of high level nanos (ie, buff raw nano skill) and that the NTs would buff nano casters by augmenting nanos already available (damage/healing boosts, extra NCU space, decreased recharge time).

Basically, two different approaches to enchancing nano casters.

Actually, the theory was that MPs would buff nano casters by allowing the use of high level nanos (ie, buff raw nano skill) and that the NTs would buff nano casters by augmenting nanos already available (damage/healing boosts, extra NCU space, decreased recharge time).

Basically, two different approaches to enchancing nano casters.
    that is a role for nt's i'd like that could be great fun and it seems inline with what our give out bufs do atm.

as for the ncu increase line i think a %cost decrease on other bufs ncu's would be easier to implement and balance. But hey that's just my oppinion.

Just a thought, for the NCU buff. And yes, I *am* a fixer, so this is self-interest based. =)

Give it to fixers. Make it higher can't overwrite lower, so there won't be bootstrapping.

Now, fixers are supposedly able to "hack" things, right? So, when a fixer buffs your NCU, he's really tweaking the settings on your belt, kinda like overclocking a PC.

That's where the fun part comes in. Make duration infinite. Then, every X minutes (probably something like 1 or 2??) have a check made against (CompLit of the caster, maybe, modified by CL of the recipient?). As time increases, make the check more difficult to succesfully complete. A low level buff cast by a high level fixer on a high level NT would last a long, long time. A high level buff cast on a low level NT would die off pretty quick, because the NT wouldn't have the CL to keep it running.

If the check fails, the NCU destabilizes and wipes *everything* that's in there.

If the buff is terminated manually, then the lost NCU space is taken off the top.

I think something like this might be more fun than a straightforward 30 minute NCU buff. Please don't flame, it's off the top of my head, but comments are appreciated!
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Some time ago I posed a suggestion for a defense line for nt's i think that line should be given to fixers and not nt's I'm not going to post it again but it's basicaly a line that increases DMS at the cost of AMS

I do think that NCU cost reducer is more fitting for nt's than fixers since we are nanotechnicans and an NCU cost decreaser buf would be very progamming related

On the otherhand why not let fixers "Hack" Runtime recompilers, NCU chips and other belt items to improve them that is overclocking.

And the let the hack last for a number of hours depeding on skill of hacker hacker (Like 1 month game time for skill 1000)

Would really make a way for fixers to earn big money and if they make it a fixer only ability (simply make tool fixer only) all the rest of us have to come to you guys for that
    Last edited by Seoman; Feb 21st, 2002 at 22:32:39.