Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nice un needed nerf

Griemdaall,

The exp gained at the finish of the mission is miniscule compared to killing a couple mobs in the mission. This coupled with the fact that team missions do not work at all means no this is not an exploit it is just a very small amount of experience a small bonus if you will to completing the mission.

If team missions worked then people would be doing those instead of solo missions in a team. Team missions have never worked and I have to wonder just why they don't seem to want to be bothered to fix them. Right now teams doing solo missions is the only option as a team mission so it is not an exploit as it is the only choice by FC's own actions or in this case inactions to fix a problem that has existed since beta like so many persistant problems in this game. Once again as usual they chose nerf rather than address the real problem.

They need to eliminate the team mission kiosk completly replace it with another mission kiosk like the solo one leave things as they are and wala no coding to nerf solo missions and they are let off the hook for fixing team missions. An easy slick and intelligent solution.
    Last edited by Serena; Feb 26th, 2002 at 01:09:54.

Jesus Christ

Originally posted by Garzu
    If anything, roots should be more powerful, not nerfed, and the fix of the exploit of breaking roots with deubffs, is about time. Cause thats what it is, an exploit.
    Roots are to over powering in PVP and need to be nerfed hard.

They don't break after one shot
    It's nearly impossible to resist them unless you have over 1K NR
    FC is gonna fix an exploit and making rooting classes that much more powerfull in PVP and make PVM annoying.

Come on Garzu let the rest of us at least have a chance to PVP.
    Takuan
    Future Sword Saint of Rubi-Ka
    Martial Artist
    Storm

Don't worry takuan as with anything else that was broken on the nt profession roots will doubtless be nerfed in 13.9 since anything good nt's had fixed since 12.5 has been nerfed to uselessness in a following patch.

I'm not saying some of it was not wanted, the stun nerf in pvp was desperatly needed, but at the same time fc broke the stun+dmg programs for pvm compleetly and stun only nanos are now useless (for me anyway).

The nt's have pretty much only seen nerfs since the Infamous (among us) nt content patch turned NT mini fix and MP content.

And 13.8 is no exception:
    "Area effect nanos will no longer be non-resistible to anyone who wasn't the original target." and another one get's it. (at least not nt nerf only)

I can understand that some of the older NT players are abit put out, It is very annoying to sit back and watch your chosen profession turn weaker with every patch in some minor way.

Yes we got nullity but that nano is rare and only a few have it.
    And let's face it it's overated as sooon as soldiers learn to wait with the specials they can pretty much ignore it.

Same goes for the rest of the player group, and if you don't feel like taking dmg while we have it simply move out of range it does root the nt after all.

Root's hmm well their duration is abit long if you ask me, and yes some of the high lvl ones do not breake until 1-3 attacks have hit but those are appropriately hard to use a ql 149 nt root needs 700 t&s the highest needs 869 (i'll never use that one)
    Last edited by Seoman; Feb 26th, 2002 at 13:46:03.

Roots

Hey Seo

I don't want to see Roots nerfed to being useless, I would like to see roots be resistable sub 1K NR since getting above that below title 6 is fairly impossible with a dark blue NR skill. Roots should stop people in their tracks and allow the caster to get away, they should not be a simple tactic to kill melee'rs.

Roots would be fine if 4 changes were made.

1. The def % was over 100%

2. They broke after one hit.

3. If it was possible to interrupt a caster.

4. Concealment worked in PVP

Currently with nano init in it's current form it's almost impossible to interrupt a mob caster and is impossible to interrupt a PC caster in PVP, hence roots and most nano's being insta-cast accepting for the big damage NT nano's.

Now FC had the right idea about MA's, Advent's and Agents, they gave us easily raised concealment skills so we could sneak up on people. Since concealment doesn't work in PVP MA's for one don't raise it and it's useless to the other 2 classes (pvp).

In a one on one confrontation between a MA and NT I would expect that if the MA wasn't in range to hit the NT he would get owned. If the MA was in range, say he snuck up on the NT I would expect the NT to get owned. Unfortunately this is an ideal world case example and I'm just using NT's as the example but you can substitute any caster class in there.

As to the constant nerf's. NT's Soldiers and Agents have gotten constant nerfs since release. Some of it was to be expected.

1. Soldiers at lvl 40 killing lvl 100 plus mobs with Reflect shield and power leveling was pretty silly. People still complained about loosing that though.

2. Agents and advent's being able to sneak full hard missions at all levels. Agent's always had more money then god when the game first started do to this. This to was pretty silly and should have been a expected nerf yet people still complained. PVM example

3. NT's shooting through walls. This was the PVM/PVP nerf. I remember going with NT's to leach this massive exp they got when they did missions. All the NT's I know power leveled way past me when they found they could do this. This affected PVP to. NT's hiding in or behind walls and killing people that couldn't target them. People complained about loosing this to.

4. The dreaded RANGE NERF. This was a risk vs reward issue and I can understand why FC did this. Casters could nuke non casters and not have to worry about taking any damage. Alot of people whined about this but anyone that thinks that this is a unfair PVP nerf needs to play the other side of this equation for awhile. Getting killed when you can't even see your attacker and with no way to counter attack is just silly and unbalancing.

The thing NT's, Soldiers and Agents have in common is that even with the nerfs that they have gotten, and these are just 4 that come to mind, they are still quite viable PVM/PVP as far as classes go.

So even though I know you guys feel like you have gotten nerfed hard since the game has come out some facets of certain classes did need to be corrected just for game play balance. Your choice of a class in the new arrival screen shouldn't guarrantee you to get more bang for your $12.95 then the rest of us.
    Takuan
    Future Sword Saint of Rubi-Ka
    Martial Artist
    Storm

For PVM I'd love to see not only roots, but all timed nanos stop when the enemy casting them dies. It makes sense...the caster controls the bots -> caster dies -> bots stop running.
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

think about it

Just a point to this :

It makes sense...the caster controls the bots -> caster dies -> bots stop running.
    Remember these are programs... the "caster" starts the program in motion, and it executes until it's completion.

Having them stop would make as much sense as your computer shutting down a program when you walked out of the room, because you weren't there to make sure it was running.

Now, BEFORE you pick up that flamethrower and pull the trigger, just because I don't like this one, doesn't mean I like the way roots work now.

1) I can only talk about the lvl 50 and below game, but roots and every other type of nano stick WAAAYYY to easily. I've raised my Nano resist with my NT, and I haven't seen "you countered the nanoprogram" since... oh, maybe lvl 4?

2) I think giving players a NON-COMBAT way of breaking roots is a good idea. Snares/slows, those should stay... but some of the durations should be looked at, increasing the level should increase the chance of it holding, and the amount of speed that is reduced, not the duration of the nano.

3) Interupts should be CAREFULY looked at, especialy in reguards to PVP. My NT gets more interupts from Probes and the large Elite/Soldier robots than any melee class. However, as long as roots on mobs break the next time the mobs breathe, purely increasing the chances of those interupts in PvM would mean the death of all NT's.

It would look like this :

Cast nano>interupt>try again>interupt again>hit first aid kit>try nano again>interupt>curse>try nano again and pray>interupt>try first aid kit, skill still locked> watch the pretty white lite

Some classes need their roots to survive. however, other classes need to be able to break those roots to survive. A balance must be found, that is the best compromise between the 2.

And we aint' there yet

and another thing

Oh, and I want to compare notes here...

Have any other NT's noticed that when you cast a DD nano, the creature doesn't agro until the damage hits...

Yet when you attempt to cast a Rooting Nano, the creature agro's as soon as it starts, and runs the entire distance up to you before the nano finishes and takes hold?

This is the reason I stopped using the roots, and started packing a doctor instead .

Re: think about it

Originally posted by speardancer
    Having them stop would make as much sense as your computer shutting down a program when you walked out of the room, because you weren't there to make sure it was running.
    Simple change that would allow for this to make sense, in the description for NCU's add. "Manufactured by Microsoft Intergalactic Corporation.

Now it makes sense.
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

Falcon,

ROFL that's a good one

LOL Falcon

Ok...I guess I was too eager to avoid getting snared for 15 minutes at a time...

But a guy may dream, right ?
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

Originally posted by Acidrob

When will Epsilon purge be fixed?? - And how about making this a much lower lvl Doc buff - as it stands now it takes WAY too much IP to invest in (especially since it currently doesnt even work). How about making a range of Purges than purge different types of debuffs and have varying success based on lvl of purge and lvl of debuff on target.

If Epsilon purge EVER does work - please dont give me that 'doesnt work on this type of molecular structure' or whatever the message is when I cast it on someones pet.
    Totally agree !
    • Fix ep
    • Ep nano range or lower reqs alot
    • make it castable on everyone
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12