Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poetry & Artful prose!

((Thanks Bliqz. And yes, it is my own son as well as my neices and nephew who help me to keep in touch with my Neverland))
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

(( A very nice poem Catty, Ill be sure to remember what it says. I'll have to go now and find it, so I'll see you around ))

Red face Tifanyx's poem

Originally posted by Tifanyx

Look past her militant qualities
    and you'll find a beautiful & poetic mage
    If you decide to court her,
    to many you'll look like a sage.

All will be pleased,
    No one will be Freakin'
    Besides, you will have saved another nanomage woman
    and her feet from the "THE DEACON!"
    Oh Tify! ./me blushes so profusely her black body glistens with an aura of pink notum

You might have won my heart and my pearlescent eyes, if you hadn't made that slightly sexist, but innocent and undoubtedly caring, remark about handling (or being handled!) by Deac. You know I go to Deac only for mochies (not Moochies! Mochies!)
    Last edited by Vashtiklorna; Apr 1st, 2003 at 21:45:24.
    Vashti Vashtiklorna Toussand,
    Nanomage Liberation Front.
    "Until all are free!"

Originally posted by SinisterCake
    (( A very nice poem Catty, Ill be sure to remember what it says. I'll have to go now and find it, so I'll see you around ))
    ((Glad you liked it, Sightsee. See you around sometime ))

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Red face Bliqz's love, and love lost

Originally posted by Bliqz

I dreamt about my love last night
    but woke up all alone
    her scent was in my nostrils
    but she is long years gone

She whispers sweet and gentle
    "I will never leave your heart,
    ever we are together.
    Death cannot make us part"
    Bliqz, your poem is filled with twangy, sorrowful images. I also have nights where I can't sleep from recalling the scents that hang about like ghosts... And that second stanza I quoted, excellently depects the trauma of surviving the death of a loved one. Surviving to what remaining life is another meaningful question...
    Last edited by Vashtiklorna; Apr 1st, 2003 at 21:44:56.
    "Until all are free!"

Thumbs up wonderful elaboration

Originally posted by ValliKat

Neverland

Where troubles, woes, and tragedies
    Melt to nothing in the rain
    Where sunshine stirs the memories
    That make you young again
    The rain falls soft upon the path
    To melt your cares away
    See that rainbow down below
    You know it leads the way
    Valli, I absolutely adore your poem. Its affect is immediate, and refreshes our hearts in a way that can only be done if you're heart is eternally young. I like the rain & water theme. Captures perfectly Imagination's power to rid our minds and soul of inconsequential junk and help us focus on what important to us on the deepest levels.
    "Until all are free!"

Re: wonderful elaboration

Originally posted by Vashtiklorna

Valli, I absolutely adore your poem. Its affect is immediate, and refreshes our hearts in a way that can only be done if you're heart is eternally young. I like the rain & water theme. Captures perfectly Imagination's power to rid our minds and soul of inconsequential junk and help us focus on what important to us on the deepest levels.
    Vallikat blushes

Thanks so much for your kind words Vashtiklorna. It means just a tad more to me to hear praise from people that I don't know than it does from people I do.

Member, GSP Dancers

Originally posted by ValliKat
    ((Ok, I have written a couple poems in my time. This one is my favorite. I wrote it long before I ever heard of AO, so I post it OOC:
    Neverland
    Your poem was/is awesome Vallikat! It really touched my soul, and made me hungry for some muffin.

((OOC: Seriously. Its a great poem. It has inspired me to write better poems, as I can see that there are true poets out in AO land that would appreciate it.. Great work! Please write more..))

-Tifanyx

Originally posted by Tifanyx

Your poem was/is awesome Vallikat! It really touched my soul, and made me hungry for some muffin.

((OOC: Seriously. Its a great poem. It has inspired me to write better poems, as I can see that there are true poets out in AO land that would appreciate it.. Great work! Please write more..))

-Tifanyx
    ((Aww, for that you receive honorary membership in the coalition of people allowed to eat Valli's Muffin.

I'm much prouder of my short stories than I am my poems. Neverland is really the only poem that I'm proud of. Still I am considering writing something from an IC perspective. An Ode to The Muffin perhaps. ))

Member, GSP Dancers

OOC:

It all happened on this one hot cloudless Saturday afternoon while I was walking down by the river. I caught a wasp in a mason jar and began squinting at it throught the sunlight and shaking the jar with all my might. I could feel the wasp's angry pulse buzzing through the glass. I knew that if the thing ever got loose I was doomed, that it would dog me forever and sting me with all the wrath of hell. It would calm down a bit , but it was impossible for me not to start shaking the jar and watch it bump off the sides trembeling and furious. I remember punching five holes in the lid with a ball point pen as I walked slowly back towards town. Soon I began dreaming about the wasp. Loud terrifying dreams, where the wasp would grow to the size of a bird and start hissing at me from beside the jar. I awoke holding the jar with a strange unknown smile on my lips. The next day I walked back to the river dead set on freeing the thing but the trip seemed to aggrovate the wasp then all my shaking combined. I realized as I drop the jar off the bridge into the river, and watched it sink slowly into the brown water, that I'd never planned on setting it free at all.
    Amado "Ramiyana" Kuiper
    President of |REBEGIN|Strength, Purity, Vision

Co-Founder of The Nanomage Liberation Front

Originally posted by Ramiyana
    OOC:
    I realized as I drop the jar off the bridge into the river, and watched it sink slowly into the brown water, that I'd never planned on setting it free at all.
    Ewww! At first I thought I had read it wrong... but no!

Effective story if you wanted to make me go *eek*
    "Until all are free!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12